GUILTY MO - Britny Haarup, 19, & Ashley Key, 22, Edgerton, 13 July 2012

PLATTE COUNTY, Mo. - The bodies of two women were discovered late Sunday night in a field in rural Platte County, possibly related to the disappearance of two Edgerton, Mo. women.

Platte County, Mo. spokesman Capt. Erik Holland says search crews located several items of evidence and the bodies of two women in a field crews first searched Saturday in connection with the disappearance of Britny Haarup, 19 and Ashley Key, 22.

If I'm reading correctly, they had already searched this field on Saturday and then went BACK to search the same field on Sunday and found items of interest and the bodies. (?)

Platte County, Mo. spokesman Capt. Erik Holland says search crews located several items of evidence and the bodies of two women in a field crews first searched Saturday in connection with the disappearance of Britny Haarup, 19 and Ashley Key, 22.

Read more: http://www.kshb.com/dpp/news/local_news/bodies-of-two-women-found-in-platte-co-field#ixzz20kidrgOj

Searchers were came back to the field late Sunday afternoon after interviewing a person of interest most of Sunday morning

Read more: http://www.kshb.com/dpp/news/local_news/bodies-of-two-women-found-in-platte-co-field#ixzz20kioY6Hq

The bodies were located on private property in Clinton County due to a tip from a person of interest in the case. That person of interest has been arrested, police said.
Sounds like they were not easily discoverable.
icon9.gif

Really sad to hear this news. RIP Britney and Ashley.

I wonder who the POI is going to turn out to be.

Really sad to hear this news. RIP Britney and Ashley.

I wonder who the POI is going to turn out to be.

The one in custody that confessed and told them where the bodies were.
(I think?)

I guess soon we can name HIM?

Is this the MM that I spoke of earlier today or the MM who has already been quoted in news stories?

http://www.kctv5.com/story/19030420/2-sisters

Authorities find bodies of 2 women in field, suspect in custody

Authorities arrived on the scene after information was given to them from a person of interest in the case of the missing women.

The bodies have been taken to the Jackson County Medical Examiner's office for an autopsy to find the cause of death.

Is this the MM that I spoke of earlier today or the MM who has already been quoted in news stories?

"Detectives say information they received from a person of interest in the case of the missing women led them to search down Tri County Line Rd. Platte County deputies also secured two search warrants earlier Sunday, but they are not saying where or what they found."

I thought a confession?
Maybe someone turned him in?

I don't think it's the MM at the vigil...
another one I guess

I know I just read it! This story went "poof"!
http://www.kshb.com/dpp/news/local_n...#ixzz20kidrgOj

This is shocking to me...did not expect this at all...so sad for these women.

"Detectives say information they received from a person of interest in the case of the missing women led them to search down Tri County Line Rd. Platte County deputies also secured two search warrants earlier Sunday, but they are not saying where or what they found."

I thought a confession?
Maybe someone turned him in?

I don't think it's the MM at the vigil...
another one I guess

I know I just read it! This story went "poof"!
http://www.kshb.com/dpp/news/local_n...#ixzz20kidrgOj

Well, one MM was still in custody as of July 11. Correct? I was thinking that he may have posted bond or that someone else involved in his crime was on the outside and committed the act. But that was only speculation.

This is a terrible tragedy. Both girls seemed to be moving on from a rough start to their adult lives. They had their who lives ahead of them. Now their children will grow up never knowing their mothers.

This just came into my mind..possibly the younger sister was attacked and the attacker was not aware that the other sister was also in the home, the attacker maybe forced the younger sister into a waiting vehicle and the sister still in the home put both babies quickly into one crib and got in the available truck to try and follow. Both little ones were in as safe a place as she could come up with in a panic, and would explain why the purses, phones and one sister's shoes were left behind. Just my own random thoughts.

This is horrible! That poor family!

I think you may be right...
Sounds like the sister may have been running from someone.
He came in and had a witness he wasn't expecting???

Maybe had her help him take sister out and then killed her too?
Did they ever release the source of the blood?
Sounds like a gun may have been involved.

Well, one MM was still in custody as of July 11. Correct? I was thinking that he may have posted bond or that someone else involved in his crime was on the outside and committed the act. But that was only speculation.

This is a terrible tragedy. Both girls seemed to be moving on from a rough start to their adult lives. They had their who lives ahead of them. Now their children will grow up never knowing their mothers.

I think he may have...
obviously he didn't do it if he was in jail.

hmm...

eta: Is he still listed on her facebook?

I don't think he was listed on her Facebook as of this morning. Note that he requested a bond reduction, which was denied. Perhaps he came up with the cash anyway. It says bond was $15,000. So I think he only needed $1,500 to get out. Could MM have posted bond on the 11th or 12th?

I don't think he was listed on her Facebook as of this morning. Note that he requested a bond reduction, which was denied. Perhaps he came up with the cash anyway. It says bond was $15,000. So I think he only needed $1,500 to get out. Could MM have posted bond on the 11th or 12th?

Can't imagine getting out only to return in 24 hours
but it happens I guess
So how did he remove his comments from her facebook in jail?
Could he could have given a friend a password to remove them?
Is his facebook still there?

It's odd how it was there and then it wasn't.
Facebook acts weird on my laptop...
maybe it is there and I'm blind.

Can't imagine getting out only to return in 24 hours
but it happens I guess
So how did he remove his comments from her facebook in jail?
Could he could have given a friend a password to remove them?
Is his facebook still there?

It's odd how it was there and then it wasn't.
Facebook acts weird on my laptop...
maybe it is there and I'm blind.

I'm not sure what comments you are referring to. I have not seen comments by this particular MM on Ashley's Facebook page. So that would be news to me. Did he post something nasty on her page? If so, what was it and when?

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shmoozie
Back