IA IA - Elizabeth Collins, 8, & Lyric Cook, 10, Evansdale, 13 July 2012 - #6

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm not criticizing LE's decision to drain the Lake. I do believe that they were following other leads. Perhaps there was a strategic reason to make everyone believe they thought the girls had drowned.

However, to ask now for individuals to come forward who were either on or by the lake is crazy. I really hope this message was meant for a suspect. Witness statements are inconsistent and wrong when they are interviewed immediately after an event. I can't even imagine what LE would gain from an interview now.

Another thought, I grew up on a lake. Noises and voices are amplified on a lake. If those girls had gotten into trouble in or near the water the likelihood of someone hearing them would have been much greater....

However, to ask now for individuals to come forward who were either on or by the lake is crazy. I really hope this message was meant for a suspect. Witness statements are inconsistent and wrong when they are interviewed immediately after an event. I can't even imagine what LE would gain from an interview now.

perhaps they are trying to confirm something that they suspect? Maybe something that no one would think was important at all, but is to LE for some reason? Of course, I don't know what this could be that they suspect, but otherwise it does seem very odd to be asking this many days in for this info.

Is BB aunt Tammy's daughter? Trying to connect the dots on FB.

ETA: Step daughter - I think.

I think if LE had any idea where the girls are being held, they would not waste a moment. We've seen swat teams come in for adults who are missing, including Michelle Parker not so long ago.

If the girls are alive, that does not mean they are "okay". LE can have no way of knowing what is happening to them, IMO. I doubt there would be any delay in trying to rescue them.

I also do not believe the FBI would carry on with the investigation in this manner if they know the girls are safe with appropriate adults, and not really missing. They would, IMO, be obliged to tell the public they are no longer missing but that the suspect(s) are at large, and that they need help from the community, etc...people do searches on their own, regardless of what LE says, and there could be injuries, people getting lost, etc...much possible liability, if not legally, at least morally. JMO

Sheesh only a day and I'm so far behind. Anyone willing to share a high level synopsis with me? I take it they haven't been found which I'm very sad about. :( What else has happened that's share-able here?

Sheesh only a day and I'm so far behind. Anyone willing to share a high level synopsis with me? I take it they haven't been found which I'm very sad about. :( What else has happened that's share-able here?

Not much. Another shorting briefing today, but no real news. LE said for people not to assume they know something, they might not, so please call it in. Want to hear from everyone who was near the lake on that day. Have POI's but no suspects.

Hey all...fam and I are out of town for a few days of R&R...just caught up using hotel wi-fi with fam asleep behind me, lol.

Don't know much more than I posted before leaving, but Fri at dinner in W'loo we witnessed 6-8 W'loo police cruisers all leaving the same area and driving past where we were eating (Falls Ave and Ansborough in W'loo). This was on FRI, hadn't heard of a raid on THURS. Not sure if related or meaningful. Had breakfast at a diner in CF on Saturday on our way outta town, overheard some ppl behind us discussing as they read the paper. Their comments were derogatory to the police, supportive of Misty and Dan, fwiw.

I followed one FB page for a while, Bring Misty and Elizabeth Home or something, but it spiraled into nasty cattiness and pettiness so I quit following days ago. I have heard that "things will come to light," from another friend on FB, but he's kind of a dramatic individual, so not much weight on that. These mystery arrests ppl are reporting seeing, with no charges or bonds, are very curious to me.

Also, I am intrigued by the concept of the copycat crime based on the one in the UK, where the mom staged and abduction so the uncle could claim a reward. Based on FB rumors, what I've heard, Misty's demeanor, etc, I think it is a viable path to be explored. I'm not convinced, but its possible. Maybe her boyfriend was to collect, maybe the girl from the river (suicide) was given knowledge. Maybe they never dreamed it would go national so quickly. I dunno, its all pretty Hollywood to me so I have a hard time accepting it, but why not consider it, I guess. (BTW, the comment(s) on the W'loo Courier article about that suicide have been removed, apparently - I couldn't find them, and I love to read e-Courier comments for a chuckle.

Anyhoo, heavily distracted and out of town. Wife's lil brother is watchin the house, home on leave from the Army - he sure ain't little to me, lol, had no probs leavin my house in his hands.

To answer some other Q's I remember from catching up: no, didn't see any tree stands or anything to that effect. Yes, from certain areas in those pumphouse woods you could see someone approaching that section of trail - from either direction and from quite a ways away. Thanks to whoever clarified the purpose of the houseless garage. From what I've seen, it appeared to be a "grown man's toybox" - boat, jeep, other stuff occasionally outside, but I'd always hoped there was an underground poker game going on in there or something. Dang.

As for the opening in the fence from the auto crash, I think my estimate was off, after re-walking that trail the other day with a new eye for detail, I would say the opening in the fence is 100 yds (not feet) from where I thought the bikes were found. The map someone put up (with "BF" and arrow for bikes) was pretty accurate. The whole stretch of "tunnel-like" trail is longer than in my very first description. Maybe I'm used to hustling through, but checking it out with a camera I was surprised at how long it was in total. 210 paces from where you could walk around the fence into the woods to where the fences begin to spread out again. I was surprised at that, likely described it as half as long in my first attempt. Hopefully the pics helped to settle some distances (had my kids in some for purpose of perspective).

And finally: I'm not a grandfather, just a father, definitely not a "she," lol. It is of no matter, but made me chuckle nonetheless.

Gotta crash, back to SuperDad role in 7 hrs.

I keep thinking of the video with the girls on the bikes and how fast they were going. At that point of their ride anyway, this wasn't a leisurely bike ride. It looked they were running from someone or from each other. I think the amp cans need to be tested and I'll bet the person that drank them has a record. And then go from there. Just a thought anyway.

Is there a link to this video? Where was the video from?

I'm new here, first post. I also live close by, in waterloo. Happened to be by the lake yesterday after the press conference. A reporter said that mistys boyfriend had been arrested on an unrelated charge. Havent seen that tidbit of info anywhere. Maybe I missed it. I'm also looking for the surveillance video of the girls I've heard so much about.

I think if LE had any idea where the girls are being held, they would not waste a moment. We've seen swat teams come in for adults who are missing, including Michelle Parker not so long ago.

If the girls are alive, that does not mean they are "okay". LE can have no way of knowing what is happening to them, IMO. I doubt there would be any delay in trying to rescue them.

I also do not believe the FBI would carry on with the investigation in this manner if they know the girls are safe with appropriate adults, and not really missing. <snipped for space>

I agree 100%! I keep thinking about Jaycee Dugard... I don't know if it's just because she's pretty local for me but I remember her case VERY well, have read her book, etc. I'm sure her case is extreme but she was so close by, was with adults (adult couple, even), and wasn't found for so many years. She was alive all that time but for sure was not okay. I hope that this is absolutely nothing like what Elizabeth/Lyric. But you're so right, "alive" doesn't always mean "okay." I hope that the girls are BOTH alive and okay.

Not much. Another shorting briefing today, but no real news. LE said for people not to assume they know something, they might not, so please call it in. Want to hear from everyone who was near the lake on that day. Have POI's but no suspects.

Thanks! Sad there's nothing new.

I usually just take what is said and sift through it. All is not merry & gay. It sometimes is the opposite. If FBI says they need info from anyone at the lake, I take that as if no one new steps up, they are eliminating the Meyer's lake theory. No boats or other independant sightings means they could possibly have a conclusion to Meyer's lake for evidence. That's the kind of evidence I think they collect, not always physical like shoes etc...jmo Evidence that points elsewhere...I'm following that when I can like a hawk even though I am sick as a dog at the moment...

Everytime I read a post by Ollipop I feel like bursting into song ... "For he's a jolly good fellow, for he's a jolly good fellow ..." His contributions here are very, very good, but everyone already knows that!

I'm new here, first post. I also live close by, in waterloo. Happened to be by the lake yesterday after the press conference. A reporter said that mistys boyfriend had been arrested on an unrelated charge. Havent seen that tidbit of info anywhere. Maybe I missed it. I'm also looking for the surveillance video of the girls I've heard so much about.
I finally found the surveillance video at the beginning of this news segment. HTH!

If you are going to go through the trouble of putting up security cameras, let's use a video that actually records something you can SEE. For goodness sake!

http://www.kgan.com/shared/newsroom/top_stories/videos/kgan_vid_12072.shtml

IMO, JMO, MOO

There is or at least was here on WS, I can't find it at the moment. It was taken from the back of the Lederman's Big & Tall store, and a few locals have said you could see or almost see the Collins' house from there. VERY VERY blurry and I don't think it was complete video, more like a pic every second or some other short interval. I was surprised anyone could even ID the girls although someone here did say (and very true IMO) that family members can ID faces with little detailed info.

I think the pics vs. video might be why it seemed so "fast" to some? Elizabeth is definitely ahead of Lyric and it seems like it's by at least a few seconds. My first thought when I saw it was they were racing each other and Elizabeth jumped the gun. Totally my opinion and I have nothing else to back it up.. wish I did.

I finally found the surveillance video at the beginning of this news segment. HTH!

If you are going to go through the trouble of putting up security cameras, let's use a video that actually records something you can SEE. For goodness sake!

IMO, JMO, MOO

Yay thank you!

I know... seriously... we have cameras at home 100 times better than this (yeah paranoid). Got them after a friend had something stolen and said "oh great I have video of my <edited> getting stolen, so I can watch a grey blur take it and walk off." The good cameras weren't much pricier than the crummy ones often used.

IMO, JMO, MOO

Thanks for posting the link. I hadn't seen the video and you're so right, it's so grainy that we can't even make out if these bicyclists are the girls but I'll go with LE's confirmation that it is Elizabeth and Lyric.

FWIW..it appears one is ahead of the other and knows where to go and the other just following behind. Hard to tell how fast they're going but the second child is a few feet behind. They're not side by side riding casually, imo

Do they look like each of them have a dark knapsack on their back? Or is it just me watching a blur each time in that video? I find it hard to believe these kids ran away. But to go with someone they know ? who knows? Such a strange case with the time frames.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
julandken