Possible Victims: Wisconsin

Another possible victim:
http://footprintsattheriversedge.blogspot.com/2008/05/072606-max-walker-26-wi.html
Max Walker
07/26/2006
Milwaukee River
St. Ambrose University honor student Max Walker, 26, was in Milwaukee for an insurance convention. He was last seen at the Buckhead Saloon—a downtown Milwaukee nightspot in a tourist area known as the RiverWalk—about 1:30 a.m. Wednesday, July 26, 2006. His colleague called the police about noon on Wednesday to report that he had not come back to the hotel room.

I'm sure you'all have already seen this but I just read that Ed Gein was born in La Crosse Wisconsin.... Kinda interesting.

Ed Gein 's father was a serious alcoholic. Mother was in total denial

While reading a linked comment to Greta Van Susteren's blog, I noticed the following (interesting) post:
Comment by Lisa C.
May 16th, 2008 at 11:17 pm

Hi Greta Several years ago, I dealt on a regular basis on eBay with a man named John Klinger from Eau Claire. Suddenly, he was unreachable. After about 6 months of no response from him, I typed his name into a search engine on the internet and found that he was dead. He had gone to a bar one night and was found floating in a river the next day or so. He didn’t drive and it was too far for him to have walked to this river. He was partially disabled so such mobility would have been a problem for him. He was a gay rights and AIDS activist. The circumstances surrounding his death sound very similar to the deaths of these young boys. Though he was in his 40’s, he may still have fallen victim to these same killers. I didn’t know him well, but from what I knew of him, he was a really nice man who deserves some justice, if he was murdered. The Eau Claire police department had his picture on their website asking for any information about the circumstances of his death. As far as I know it’s never been solved to even their satisfaction. Perhaps with a little attention, maybe the case could be solved. Thanks!
There is very little info on this tragic case. In fact, a quick search revealed this single post that appears to be in the cached version only:

fishymama
Jun 29 2003, 11:03 PM (scroll down)

Thanks plsmith, lots of good info at this site. I grew up several miles from St. Johns College and spent alot of time out there. Its very secluded, not someplace you accidently find yourself at. It is also just a few miles down the road from where Jacob Wetterling was abducted 13 years ago. The entire campus is surrounded by lakes,woods,and farmland. The Freeway is at least a mile from the campus and the closest town of any size is St Cloud, about 10 miles away.

Add another one to the list..This was posted to the Chris Jenkins website in May.

Posted By: John Klinger family

5/20/03

We were lead to this web site by persons who believe there are too many connections to all these drownings. Our brother was found May 1 in the Eau Claire River 10 miles outside of Eau Claire WI. He did not drive and did not have a car. We believe someone took him to the isolated area he was found in and left him there. We want to connect with the other family members who have lost their sons and brothers and see if there are similarities. We have told the police our concerns about the number of deaths by drowning, happening late at night.In fact it was the news release that another body was found in the river that got our attention when we were looking for John. If you read this and know the family members of other victims please encourage them to email John's sister at [email redacted]. To the other families we extend our sincere sympathy and understand your loss is as great as ours. We hope we can find some answers.
What I find to be most curious about this tragic case is the ebay bit. It would be interesting to see if any other drowning victims used ebay (or craigslist). Esp considering the detectives claim the alleged gang is scouting for their victims online.
Started thread for JK..
WI - JOHN KLINGER, 49, Eau Claire,body found in river, 28 April 2003

Interesting reading re: the Luke Homan case -

http://www.rivervalleyblogs.com/complaints/scott.htm

Mr. Scott pled to probation. It leads me to believe that although police could link him to the scene, they simply did not believe that he was involved in foul play.

However, it does lead me to believe that Luke just fell in.
It sounds to me like Scott was involved in the drowning some how, it said "police bloodhounds found Scott's scent from the tavern all the way to the spot where Homan drowned." Either he helped with the murder or knows who did it. You don't lie to police unless you have something to hide. I hope they keep him on their radar

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jbks
Back