Websleuths
Go Back   Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community > Current Events > Up to the Minute

Notices

Up to the Minute Breaking news happening right now! (This is not for crime news. Please post breaking crime in the "Crimes in the News" forum).

Old 09-10-2013, 06:40 AM
Softball is for everyone. Fast pitch is for athletes.

http://www.wafb.com/Global/story.asp?S=23387298

8-year-old accused of killing 90-year-old appears for hearing

The child will go before Judge William Carmichael in East Feliciana Parish for a special hearing to determine if he will remain in his home or have to be moved to a group home.

He stayed home and attended school in the time since the shooting, all while undergoing a thorough psychological evaluation.

The judge will review the evaluation and determine whether the child will continue to live with his parents or if there are mental issue that need continued treatment in a group home. Law experts said taking a child that young out of his parent's home is a last resort.
Picture Takin'
Always Cheerin'

Softball Mom
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Kimberlyd125 For This Useful Post:
Old 09-10-2013, 06:57 AM

Older people. JMO, are prayed upon by people who see them as defenseless. I've had a gun for years and I let people know it. People leave me alone.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to MissJ For This Useful Post:
Old 09-10-2013, 11:30 PM

8-year-old accused of killing 90-year-old will return home

He stayed home and attended school in the time since the shooting, all while undergoing a thorough psychological evaluation.

The judge reviewed the evaluation to determine whether the child would continue to live with his parents or if there are mental issue that need continued treatment in a group home. Law experts said taking a child that young out of his parent's home is a last resort.

http://www.wafb.com/Global/story.asp?S=23387298
Picture Takin'
Always Cheerin'

Softball Mom
The Following User Says Thank You to Kimberlyd125 For This Useful Post:
Old 09-11-2013, 08:16 AM

What would releasing this child's name accomplish?

I don't get it.
Picture Takin'
Always Cheerin'

Softball Mom
The Following User Says Thank You to Kimberlyd125 For This Useful Post:
Old 09-11-2013, 11:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ToothlessFairy View Post
What is with people thinking that 7 and 8 year olds are the same as 3 and 4 year olds? Seriously? Are people really that na´ve? Awww..it's just a little kid, he must be innocent. Rubbish.

I do not believe he thought it was a toy gun, not for even a second.
Bolded and snipped by me

I have to admit, I agree with you.

My grandmother died when I was seven (Of old age, I didn't kill her!) But I knew she was gone forever. I understood what death meant, I understood that you didn't even joke about hurting or killing someone.

We didn't even point finger guns unless we were REALLY angry (Then again, Kipp Kinkel had just shot up a school less than one hundred miles from where I was living, so people were on code red for super little things).

I was not stupid, and I don't think he was either. Do they even MAKE realistic looking toy guns any more? Was her gun like an ancient little thing that looked like a toy?

That little kid had good aim to get his grandmother in the head. I wonder how many Rated-M-For-Mature war simulation games he's played on top of Grand Theft Auto.

This whole thing just makes me so sad and anxious for the future generations, I mean I understand things like this have been happening since guns have been made, but now with this 24/7 news cycle it seems like it happens a lot more often.
Old 09-11-2013, 08:27 PM
WS Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harmony2 View Post
The gun debate can be discussed in the following thread for those interested but for now let's avoid a parallel discussion:

Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community
bumping