Crime Library written by Joseph Geringer Pictures and crime scene Pix's

Thats how I first found out about the case a couple of years ago :)

I just checked out Crime Library and found that Darlie is no longer named on the Notorious Murders page. You have to click on "more" to get to her case.
We knew the longer her appeals went on with no revelations, the more she'd fade into the background.

I predict that, unless testing comes back with startling revelations, she will quietly be executed within the next 5 years.

There is no testing - this was a rumor started by her handful of supporters.

Her last request in 2008 was denied without comment.

This section of WS should be closed.

I just checked out Crime Library and found that Darlie is no longer named on the Notorious Murders page. You have to click on "more" to get to her case.
We knew the longer her appeals went on with no revelations, the more she'd fade into the background.

I predict that, unless testing comes back with startling revelations, she will quietly be executed within the next 5 years.

I think she must know by now that she is fighting a loosing battle. I agree that she will most likely be put to death within the next 5 years or maybe even sooner. Seems like she has been on death row forever. Can't believe the murders happened almost 16 years ago. The boys would both be in their twenties now. How sad.

Darlie did win the right to have additional DNA tested, but they have to pay for the testing and to my knowledge are still trying to raise the money. This was even reported by several news sources.

Why should this section be closed?

It was originally denied by Judge Robert Francis, but the Texas Court of Criminal Appeals overturned his decision.

Reversing a Dallas judge’s decision, the Texas Court of Criminal Appeals ruled unanimously that Mrs. Routier, 38, is entitled to have more sophisticated genetic testing performed on a few pieces of hair and blood evidence collected from the 1996 crime scene.

State District Judge Robert Francis denied Mrs. Routier’s request for testing last year after concluding it could not exonerate her. But the Austin court said Judge Francis had misinterpreted the 2001 law that permits genetic tests for inmates.

Sources: http://www.dallasnews.com/sharedcontent/dws/dn/latestnews/stories/061908dnmetroutier.15d19eb3.html

Sorry Fishee, not sure what happened.

I'll see if I can find another link and post it.

I don’t trust Wikipedia but its difficult to know which one is correct as they are both citing 2008 sources!

Anybody know for sure what is happening?

Alos the link to the sept article on the wiki site is broken. Very annoying! I know that the talk in the Darlie support forums is that they are awaiting DNA testing.........

There is no testing - this was a rumor started by her handful of supporters.

Her last request in 2008 was denied without comment.

This section of WS should be closed.
Why? There are active forums for other "decided cases"
Darlie did win the right to have additional DNA tested, but they have to pay for the testing and to my knowledge are still trying to raise the money. This was even reported by several news sources.

Why should this section be closed?
I don't think it should be. WS is a great community that will continue to discuss cases, long after they are "resolved". Just because one person thinks it should be closed does not mean it should be. I am not attacking the poster , but the post. Such posts IMO should be made only after thoroughly reading through the site and becoming familiar with how things are done. Again MOO

I dont use Wiki at all...the teachers at school have told their students NOT to use it when researching papers.

The story I posted was on an actual news site. You can google Darlie Routier DNA Test and find several other news affiliates that ran the same story. Unlike Wiki - they check their sources prior to release (normally).

bbm,
I just went there and she is under notorious murders/women who kill (or something about women)

so it would seems she is still under notorious (just subcategorized under women)

I don’t trust Wikipedia but its difficult to know which one is correct as they are both citing 2008 sources!

Anybody know for sure what is happening?

Darlie did receive the right for more testing by the Federal judge who sent it back to the State court.

Her defense is trying to raise money for the testing that wasn't allowed at the state level. However, the chances of that happening are slim to none considering the amount of money they need.

I'm sure the documents are on her website www.fordarlieroutier.org

bbm,
I just went there and she is under notorious murders/women who kill (or something about women)

so it would seems she is still under notorious (just subcategorized under women)

I wouldn't trust the Crime Library to tell anything close to the truth.

Why? There are active forums for other "decided cases"

I don't think it should be. WS is a great community that will continue to discuss cases, long after they are "resolved". Just because one person thinks it should be closed does not mean it should be. I am not attacking the poster , but the post. Such posts IMO should be made only after thoroughly reading through the site and becoming familiar with how things are done. Again MOO

Umm, lack of interest?

Yes, closed case sections stay open but they also receive regular traffic. That's what justifies them remaining open.

Here? Not so much.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
branditau.wareham72@gmail