Alligators

Simplicity

Former Member
Reaction score
Florida is full of lakes, bugs, snakes and alligators. Many weeks missing, this sick, twisted young mother could have fed her baby to the gators. The longer the investigators look without locating this child, I believe she did feed the baby to the gators.

I also believe that she's alienating herself from her family because she is not capable of emotions.

This woman killed her baby. No doubt in my mind. And, I don't buy the drowning theory. Although, she and her family would love for the investigators to conclude this as an accident. No way!

My heart does go out to her mother, father and brother. They apparently do have feelings and should be consoled instead of brutalized. :waitasec:

I've thought of that too, but if she did that, Caylee would have had to be alive at the time, as gators do not feed on dead flesh...

When I went to Gatorland Zoo as a child, the gators were being fed dead chickens.

I've thought of that too, but if she did that, Caylee would have had to be alive at the time, as gators do not feed on dead flesh...

I wish we could put this inaccuracy aside. It's been repeated many many times here.

Gators WILL eat dead flesh, carion of any kind.

I wish we could put this inaccuracy aside. It's been repeated many many times here.

Gators WILL eat dead flesh, carion of any kind.

I would be much more willing to discuss the method by which this beautiful baby met her demise if LE made it public that they have evidence that she no longer walks among us. Until they do, I'll bow out of this alligator (or other 'demise') topic now, because I really can't stand it but I couldn't help read it .......... because it was here. Ugh.

S

I'm sorry if it seems innaccurate, maybe I should have made myself a little clearer. Alligators are not attracted to dead human flesh. I'm in no way trying to argue. They will eat dead chickens at the zoo, and they will eat rotted meat if they are hungry enough. But what attracts an alligator to its food in the first place is the movement. I am in no way trying to cause confusion, and pardon me if I stepped on any toes..As an animal lover and someone who has been in the animal business for years I just saw an opportunity to share a little bit of info that I thought may be helpful...Gators sometimes will eat whatever they find, but as a whole, they really aren't attracted to dead human flesh...Sorry if there was any confusion or misunderstandings..I would in no way want to hinder finding this little girl. P.S. Please take it easy on me, I'm just a newbie trying to be helpful.

I'm sorry if it seems innaccurate, maybe I should have made myself a little clearer. Alligators are not attracted to dead human flesh. I'm in no way trying to argue. They will eat dead chickens at the zoo, and they will eat rotted meat if they are hungry enough. But what attracts an alligator to its food in the first place is the movement. I am in no way trying to cause confusion, and pardon me if I stepped on any toes..As an animal lover and someone who has been in the animal business for years I just saw an opportunity to share a little bit of info that I thought may be helpful...Gators sometimes will eat whatever they find, but as a whole, they really aren't attracted to dead human flesh...Sorry if there was any confusion or misunderstandings..I would in no way want to hinder finding this little girl. P.S. Please take it easy on me, I'm just a newbie trying to be helpful.

http://www.allenpress.com/pdf/weme_16_303_119_124.pdf

* Eight other cases in Florida involved individuals who may have been dead
before the alligator attack.

In 2004 there 334 alligator attacks in Fl, 14 fatalties and 8 other cases where they believe the invidual was dead before the attack.

THE MORE I READ the More I get sick.
It never occurred to me to think alligators.....
But it never occurred to me that she can sit in a cell so calmly without helping find that baby.
Bipolar or not Bipolar BY NOW she herself should be wondering if the child is OK?

THE MORE I READ the More I get sick.
It never occurred to me to think alligators.....
But it never occurred to me that she can sit in a cell so calmly without helping find that baby.
Bipolar or not Bipolar BY NOW she herself should be wondering if the child is OK?

Not if she already knows the outcome which she clearly does. Reading through her myspace postings in the other thread she barely misses a day, no sign anything is wrong, and is actively making plans for every Friday at Fusian, not just the 20th. It appears she was there the 27th, hosted the party for her boyfriend on the 4th, and I will have to recheck if she talked about the 11th. She is not wondering at any point where or how Caylee is.

Florida does not have alligators on every street corner, as it seems people are assuming. There might be one or two stray alligator sightings a month. I feel there would be more stray dogs than gators.

It makes more sense that total decomposition would have occurred by now. It would not take long with the summer heat and all of the bugs.

Florida does not have alligators on every street corner, as it seems people are assuming. There might be one or two stray alligator sightings a month. I feel there would be more stray dogs than gators.

It makes more sense that total decomposition would have occurred by now. It would not take long with the summer heat and all of the bugs.

I assume "sightings" would mean finding an alligator somewhere it doesn't belong..... would an alligator at some body of water be reported?

Alligator Attack Database

http://www.sun-sentinel.com/news/local/sfl-gator-database,0,5577679.htmlpage

I assume "sightings" would mean finding an alligator somewhere it doesn't belong..... would an alligator at some body of water be reported?

Alligator Attack Database

http://www.sun-sentinel.com/news/local/sfl-gator-database,0,5577679.htmlpage

"Sightings" is a report that an alligator has been seen. When a gator has been reported in a residential area here in South Florida, a trapper is called in to catch the gator and transport it out of the area. They are not allowed to stay in the canals, man-made lakes, etc.

That was a cool link you found for the alligator attacks. Usually, the reports here in South Florida comes from a family pet being attacked.

Since I am from the western part of NC, I have not seen or been around any alligator except at the zoo.
When alligator eat animals with large bones, do they digest the bones, or are they expelled with other wastes?
Thank you so much for your answers.

Since I am from the western part of NC, I have not seen or been around any alligator except at the zoo.
When alligator eat animals with large bones, do they digest the bones, or are they expelled with other wastes?
Ok I will share what I have found so far.
Alligator can eat 23% of their body weight at one time. Imagine a 200 lb man eating 46 lbs. They do not like decomp, but will eat it if they are hungry, and in the wild they stay hungry, especially if they happen to be a big one.
Their digestion is 10 times stronger and faster than ours. To digest bone, which they can easily do, they have to go sun themselves, so they can "meditate" into a stage, where instead of sending out carbon dioxide out of their lungs, they divert it to their digestion where they can make a very strong acid out of it. If they can't relax and do this(impossible when they are moving about) then they cannot digest bone. The article did not say if the undigested bone is passed or held until it is digested eventually.
When the alligator does go poop, it is like bird poop. Poop is not just poop, but urination as well, and it all comes out the same hole, unlike mammals who have a hole for each process.
Anyone who wants to add something, or correct something, please do.

link to article where most of the information is located.

http://www.unews.utah.edu/p/?r=020408-1
An average American alligator is 800 lbs and 13 feet, and using the above formula it can eat 208lbs at a sitting.

I'm not sure about that. But I wanted to share to WS that when we searched yesterday we saw gators. Gator "baby" (maybe 4 feet long?) was in a pond maybe about 70-100 feet away. We kept him eyeballed. Around the back end of the pond a searcher saw something big moving quick in the brush and we SCOOTED. No joke. We didn't go back in that area on foot.

And I was wrong when I posted (a million posts ago) that gators only eat live meat. Nope. Gators will eat dead things because I forgot that at Gatorland here in Orlando they certainly don't use live chickens to bait and feed the gators when audiences watch (can you imagine the trauma). Gators will eat dead things too (i.e., things they did not catch themselves).

T

My feeling abd my hope is that if Casey were trying to get rid of Caylee's body, she would not venture for too long in a place with gators that nearby, especially if she were alone.

I hope so anyway. I hope she buried Caylee in some soft earth somewhere so the searchers will be able to find her.

Alligators are carnivores. Young alligators eat insects, snails and other invertebrates, frogs and small fish. At a length of about six feet they begin to feed predominantly on fish, turtles, snakes, waterbirds, and small mammals. Larger alligators readily eat carrion and, in fact, may prefer it to fresh meat. They are basically opportunistic feeders and will eat almost anything, including such objects as sticks, stones, fishing lures and aluminum cans.

Source: http://agrigator.ifas.ufl.edu/gators/#feeding

During the Snott Peterson trial there was much discussion at my house about the best way to dispose of a body. Lake Jessup with it's remote areas around the shoreline would be my first choice. The alligators would not pass up a decomposing human body.

Sorry for the ick factor.

OMG, that is such a gross alligator question!!!!:crazy:

My sister went on an airboat tour yesterday and the tour/driver told them that they are extemely agitated this time over year with hurricane season. They Feed like a frenzy when a storms coming in - FEY!! for example. And that they have been know to even jump at or in the airboats when hungry. Now also the alligators down there will eat anything during nesting season. They are not that choosy. They were in the everglades and my sis took a pic of a 14 foot alligator that was coming at her car!

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
zipperoni
Back