GUILTY WA - Kimmie Daily, 16, South Hill, 17 Aug 2010

http://www.thenewstribune.com/2010/08/21/1309073/search-for-missing-girl-turns.html

STACEY MULICK; Staff writer
Published: 08/21/1012:05 am | Updated: 08/21/10 3:51 am

The search for a 16-year-old developmentally delayed girl last seen Tuesday on her bike near the South Hill Mall moved Friday from a search-and-rescue operation to an investigation.

There’s been no sign of foul play in the disappearance of Kimberly “Kimmie” Daily but there’s been no sightings of her either, authorities said. “There’s been no substantive tips today,” Pierce County sheriff’s Sgt. Mike Blair said.

The search continues today for a 16-year-old developmentally-delayed girl who was last seen Tuesday afternoon on her bike near the South Hill Mall.
Pierce County sheriff's detectives are back in Kimberly "Kimmie" Daily's neighborhood this morning, knocking on doors and asking residents if they've seen or heard from the girl. The department also send out 400 faxes to business along the Meridian Avenue corridor with Daily's information and asking that they search their property for any abandoned bicycles, sheriff's Sgt. Mike Blair said.

Ugh! Who saw her near the Mall? I'm not from Washington, and the streets are hard for me to understand, but it looks like the Mall is 6-7 miles from Kimmie's house which looks to be north of the home, yet her cellphone pings were approx. 3/4 mile east. Is that right?

There are quite a few child sex offenders between Kimmie's house and the mall. I wonder if they have been investigated.

My prayers to Kimmie's family that she is found safe.

I am still not seeing anything new since the last article 6 hours ago. With the search for Lindsey and everything else going on....she isn't high on the priority list.

It IS on the front page here, at least unless they pick up a couple other stories: http://www.kirotv.com

I am going to try and watch the news at some point tonight, see if there is anything new on there.

I am a bit surprised she isn't using the opportunity for some good PR...

"As you know, all the proceeds for my new book are going to this house...so this next case hits particularly close to home...."

Then again, I'm not surprised because there's something going on in Putnam County.

BBM
How far away is Kimmie's house from Lindsey's house?

The search for a 16-year-old developmentally delayed girl last seen Tuesday on her bike near the South Hill Mall moved Friday from a search-and-rescue operation to an investigation.
There’s been no sign of foul play in the disappearance of Kimberly “Kimmie” Daily but there’s been no sightings of her either, authorities said. “There’s been no substantive tips today,” Pierce County sheriff’s Sgt. Mike Blair said.
Sheriff’s detectives returned to Daily’s neighborhood Friday, knocking on doors and interviewing residents about the area and asking if they’d seen or heard from the girl. They also began checking on the registered sex offenders in the neighborhood.
Searchers looked in garbage cans and backyards, handed out 200 fliers with information on Daily along the Meridian Avenue corridor and sent faxes to 2,500 businesses. The fliers included Daily’s information and asked businesses to search their property for any abandoned bicycles, Blair said.
“We are waiting for any leads to come in,” Blair said.

Read more: http://www.thenewstribune.com/2010/08/21/1309073/search-for-missing-girl-turns.html#ixzz0xGTXu2Pk

Clearing brush looking for Lindsey get's front page @king5 but a missing developmentally disabled teen does not. I just don't get it.

Don't get me wrong, it's not that I begrudge Lindsey's story the coverage. I just think they BOTH deserve it.

http://www.king5.com/

ETA:
Opps, all the way down at the bottom of the news stories, there is an old article on Kimmie. You have to click to see her picture.

BBM
How far away is Kimmie's house from Lindsey's house?

1-1.5 hours depending on the route you take.... :waitasec:

I have no issue with Lindsey getting coverage. Though I don't think clearing brush to look for her should be a priority over a recently missing disabled teen.

That is just my opinion though.

1-1.5 hours depending on the route you take.... :waitasec:

I have no issue with Lindsey getting coverage. Though I don't think clearing brush to look for her should be a priority over a recently missing disabled teen.

That is just my opinion though.

You said it better. That is exactly what I was trying to say. Thank you!

Investigation continuing into disappearance of developmentally delayed Puyallup teen

Four teams of tracking dogs and search-and-rescue crews are continuing the investigation into the disappearance of a developmentally delayed Puyallup teen.

The dogs, which can pick up scents, are part of a multiday effort to discover what happened to Kimberly "Kimmie" Daily, 16, who was last seen Tuesday afternoon on her bike near the South Hill Mall.

The teams out today are checking out "hot spots, places where she would normally hang out," Pierce County Sheriff's Sgt. Mike Blair said this morning.

The effort went from an active search to an investigation on Friday.

KIROTV 7 news at 5pm

A team of 6 detectives now assigned to the case.

Massive search turned up no sign of her.

Was 7 minutes into the broadcast...only the 3rd story in though. The triple homicide understandably took up 5 minutes. Lindsey Baum was right after Kimmie.

I called Mr Daily a few minutes ago to offer the help of Lindseys Search Center.

He said LE is asking for volunteers to hold off right now because they have dogs out and their own SAR out searching and they don't want friends/family to interfere. I totally respect that. He gave me the detectives name who is in charge of the case and told me to contact him and ask about setting up searches. I will do that in the next few days.

Her phone was pinged within 3/4 of a mile of the home but the battery died before they could pin point it.

The bike has not been located.

I called Mr Daily a few minutes ago to offer the help of Lindseys Search Center.

He said LE is asking for volunteers to hold off right now because they have dogs out and their own SAR out searching and they don't want friends/family to interfere. I totally respect that. He gave me the detectives name who is in charge of the case and told me to contact him and ask about setting up searches. I will do that in the next few days.

Her phone was pinged within 3/4 of a mile of the home but the battery died before they could pin point it.

The bike has not been located.

I'm glad you did that. I am local and was contemplating calling him myself and encouraging working for more media coverage. I think the lack of coverage (I follow KOMO News) is ridiculous.

Ugh! Who saw her near the Mall? I'm not from Washington, and the streets are hard for me to understand, but it looks like the Mall is 6-7 miles from Kimmie's house which looks to be north of the home, yet her cellphone pings were approx. 3/4 mile east. Is that right?

There are quite a few child sex offenders between Kimmie's house and the mall. I wonder if they have been investigated.

My prayers to Kimmie's family that she is found safe.

The streets here are very weird - there are multiple streets by the same name, but the numbers are different - my street is in 8000 series, then less than a mile away there is a street by the exact same name, different neighborhood and the houses are in the 9000. Some searches do pull it up as 6 or so miles - but that is from a 3000-3500 block. The exact address isn't given in the news (from what I can see), but I think this map would be where her home is in relation to the mall.
106th Ave Ct E to South Hill Mall

Meridian is the busiest street in Puyallup. For a person with the cognitive ability of a 9 year old I don't think it would be safe to cross. I ride my bike with a friend and we never cross Meridian even though our area is much less busy than down by the mall. IMO they need to get word out to more people - a wider range of reverse 911. If she was around there someone had to have seen something. There is *so* much activity in that area.

I'm glad you did that. I am local and was contemplating calling him myself and encouraging working for more media coverage. I think the lack of coverage (I follow KOMO News) is ridiculous.

I encouraged keeping on medias butts to run her story. I told him we'd also print out flyers and get them posted in our areas. I gave him information on Laura Recovery Center to help him also.

He was a very nice man and was very open to hearing what I had to offer. He told me he would be in contact with anything new that came up.

I would go help if they wanted it. I'm no expert but I would do what I could to help search, volunteer, or help with donations. Poor Sweetheart.....I hope LE can find her. I don't want to think the thoughts I'm thinking here.....

A friend who lives fairly close and works in that area brought this to me last night to see what I could get. Seems I pegged enough to warrant her linking me to the news report and I am a bit stunned. A map also confirmed what I got in there being a wooded area, with water very close, and directly east of the street she was last seen on. The cell phone ping location prompts me to post here and ask if there is ANYONE nearby that can contact the father or LE and see if they can search the area around the McMillin Resevoir, especially the woods directly east of there. I also got you can 'see the valley' if you walk a short distance. Topo maps seem to confirm this. I really feel strongly about this area!

I could maybe help someone narrow down this 'place' I got, if wanted.

A friend who lives fairly close and works in that area brought this to me last night to see what I could get. Seems I pegged enough to warrant her linking me to the news report and I am a bit stunned. A map also confirmed what I got in there being a wooded area, with water very close, and directly east of the street she was last seen on. The cell phone ping location prompts me to post here and ask if there is ANYONE nearby that can contact the father or LE and see if they can search the area around the McMillin Resevoir, especially the woods directly east of there. I also got you can 'see the valley' if you walk a short distance. Topo maps seem to confirm this. I really feel strongly about this area!

According to what the father told me tonight they are searching in about a three mile radius. The Reservoir looks to be about 1.5 miles so I'm assuming that would be on the search area but if I talk to the dad I will ask him for sure.

okay, good... I see there is an access the the area I feel most strongly about, but one would go through a residential area, not through the resevoir's area itself. It's up north of the wooded area, off a dead end street. Sunridge Way? there is a cleared area in there... just keeps drawing me there over and over. Might be SOMETHING there.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TexasCuriousMynd
Back