Legal Questions for our Verified Lawyers #4

This is for AZLawyer.
If you were to attend the book signing on Monday, what 'difficult' question would you ask of Baez?

This is for AZLawyer.
If you were to attend the book signing on Monday, what 'difficult' question would you ask of Baez?

Oooo, do I only get one? I would ask him what his theory is about how the stain left by the trash happened to match Caylee's bone measurements.

It has been said that Casey signed a waiver so that Baez could break the attorney/client priviledge to write the book. Would that waiver then extend to a court of law? In other words could Zenieda/TM attorney's then be able to put Baez on the stand and ask him questions, requarding Casey, because she signed away the rights to keep everything she told him confidential? She cann't sign something to only be able to break the priviledge to write the book, but still maintain the priviledge in a court of law, can she? I hope my question makes sense.

It has been said that Casey signed a waiver so that Baez could break the attorney/client priviledge to write the book. Would that waiver then extend to a court of law? In other words could Zenieda/TM attorney's then be able to put Baez on the stand and ask him questions, requarding Casey, because she signed away the rights to keep everything she told him confidential? She cann't sign something to only be able to break the priviledge to write the book, but still maintain the priviledge in a court of law, can she? I hope my question makes sense.

I think you have a good theory there, but JB would just say that Casey eventually told him she'd made up ZFG from scratch.

I think you have a good theory there, but JB would just say that Casey eventually told him she'd made up ZFG from scratch.

But wouldn't that be an interesting day in court???!!!!

What was the exact date your client told you she lied?
From that date forward, what expenses were incurred by Texas Equasearch?
What was the exact date your client told you Casey Ver. 4.0 the drowning?

WOW. Could prove quite interesting as we all know JB can't keep facts straight, because he doesn't know facts.

Carrying over a question by LogicalGirl on the Sidebar thread:

Quote:
Originally Posted by AZlawyer
I believe a privately retained attorney doesn't have to be death penalty-qualified under the Florida rule--only a court-appointed attorney. But either way, he had death penalty-qualified people "on board" all along, IIRC.

There is no official "first chair" position. The attorneys just divide tasks among themselves.
With respect - are you sure about not being death penalty qualified for either in Florida? I remember reading that he needed one for the actual trial - could have been RH ....will have to check my old info.

How come Linda Drane Burdick was the Lead Prosecutor? Because it was the SA office? Thanks in advance..

I don't want to go back and do all the research, but my recollection is that there was case law saying that the qualification rule didn't trump the defendant's 6th Amd. right to select counsel of his or her own choosing.

When death penalty attorneys are court-appointed, by the way, they do divide them by "lead counsel" and "co-counsel". But private attorneys can call themselves whatever they want. ;)

IMO Linda was "lead prosecutor" because the SAO said she was. Perhaps it makes some difference based on internal SAO procedures, but it didn't make any difference to the court.

Carrying over a question by LogicalGirl on the Sidebar thread:

I don't want to go back and do all the research, but my recollection is that there was case law saying that the qualification rule didn't trump the defendant's 6th Amd. right to select counsel of his or her own choosing.

When death penalty attorneys are court-appointed, by the way, they do divide them by "lead counsel" and "co-counsel". But private attorneys can call themselves whatever they want. ;)

IMO Linda was "lead prosecutor" because the SAO said she was. Perhaps it makes some difference based on internal SAO procedures, but it didn't make any difference to the court.

That makes sense thanks - got it. I will now stop making rubbish comments about it on the thread .....:seeya:

AZLawyer and Logicalgirl thanks for discussing it more as I have a clear picture of it now.

What thread lol? ;)

You've got a point there....:floorlaugh: .....I hate when we are on lockout..especially when it's for same old same old.....:maddening: will we never "get it"? It's always the same - yakidy yak..... .:poke: :deadhorse: :slap: :ufo:

This isn't a legal question, but what happened to the Sidebar thread? I went to Amazon for awhile and when I came back here the thread was closed????

This isn't a legal question, but what happened to the Sidebar thread? I went to Amazon for awhile and when I came back here the thread was closed????

We have all be grounded from the sidebar.. till we can all behave..

We have all be grounded from the sidebar.. till we can all behave..

so are we in third grade here, or fourth?

So...I am not a chemist--or a mod--but I think the problem is this:

SAMPLE POST: "Casey was a great mom and I don't care what anyone says."

SAMPLE RESPONSE (OK): "Do you agree, though, that the evidence shows that she killed her daughter? If not, what evidence do you think points to someone else?"

SAMPLE RESPONSE 2 (NOT OK): "Ohhhh, OK, well you must think being a great mom includes killing your baby. I bet you're sleeping with Casey."

Bummer :-( Well hubby and I are leaving tomorrow for awhile, need to get away from reality :) Maybe when I get back home all will be back to normal LOL hope so anyway :) See you all in about a week. Be Good!

AZ...any word on your request for that computer "evidence" Baez discussed in his book?

ETA: hope someone asked your question at Baez's book signing...that is, if anyone showed up.

AZ...any word on your request for that computer "evidence" Baez discussed in his book?

ETA: hope someone asked your question at Baez's book signing...that is, if anyone showed up.

I'm waiting for the FedEx. :woohoo:

I miss the sidebar. It is the best thread to check each day for all around up dates on what is happening. I have only blocked one person in the years I have been here but when people start responding to said person I still have to see their nonsense and sure enough we get shut down.
Why do people feel they have to talk sense to nonsense ????

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vjeanine
Back