2011.05.11 Jury Selection Day Three

Status
Not open for further replies.
Juror #3317: Woman. Would have to rely on her parents if her job doesn't pay her. Lives with her parents. Nothing she's solely responsible for. No major financial issues, family issues, etc. College student but not in class now/for the next 2 months and works at a graphic design firm through a temp agency.

Called back for 2nd round.

3317 - woman

hardship, financial yes not paid - lives w parents, no family issues,

Mr. George: no car payment, works as temp

HHJP - ask temp agency what impact this will have on your placement when you get back

CM: not in class right now or for next 2 months, calendar (just fun activities - cruise planned no deposits), medical issues, does not provide care for anyone, religious issues (none)

asked to return

JP just answered a question I had. That is how the jurors are paid. He said they are paid once a week at the end of the week and get money to do their laundry!

Why does CM insist on asking some of the same questions HHJP asks? His questions regarding things on calendars/plans for the summer is covered by the Judge, but also seems to be a bit irrelevant - would probably fall under "inconveniences" rather than hardships. MOO.

Aside: KC looks not the least bit happy with this girl.

good gravy, now the DT is starting to bring in the religious aspect.

I wonder what they would do if a pot. juror answered the question "How would you pay for such & such during this 6-8 weeks?" with "I guess I would just find a friend to steal checks from or hack into my parents or grandparents' bank accounts!!" Now that would be funny!! And I'm pretty sure get you off jury duty too!

Juror #2032. Male. Hardship - yes, works for Sarasota Co Fire Dept. They only pay for a small number of jury duty days. They make the firefighters use their personal/sick days to cover whatever they don't provide for. Also would need to find daycare for 9-mo old daughter. He cares for her when not working. Will be excused for cause, looks like.

good gravy, now the DT is starting to bring in the religious aspect.
I do believe that yellow note came straight from ICA to ask about religion. She didn't want that student on the jury either.

Juror #3022: Male. Works for fire department. Work only pays certain amount for jury duty, would have to use vacation and he doesn't have 8 weeks of vacation. Would also have to find daycare for 9 month old daughter. Would cause financial hardship.

Excused for cause being financial hardship. No objections.

Not only is she young and responsible, but she's willing to give up the "fun stuff" she planned to do this summer in order to serve.

I wonder what they would do if a pot. juror answered the question "How would you pay for such & such during this 6-8 weeks?" with "I guess I would just find a friend to steal checks from or hack into my parents or grandparents' bank accounts!!" Now that would be funny!! And I'm pretty sure get you off jury duty too!

I wonder why her parents doesn't disown her right off the bat.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member