NC - Zahra Clare Baker, 10, Hickory, 9 Oct 2010 - #16

Status
Not open for further replies.
I didn't phrase my question correctly. Do you think it's possible that they wanted to see if they could later collect the money because they thought Mr. Boss man would come up with the money once it was realized that Zahra was taken instead of Boss' daughter. Probably not, but it popped into my head if that was going to be part of the game plan if LE had come out there and believed what this couple was saying....too complicated IMHO.

Was odd that he went into the narrative about how the kidnappers must have used the fire and ransom note to sneak in and get Zahra. S-P-E-L-L-I-N-G it out so that LE would "get it" as if LE were "stupid". KWIM?

I'm really po'ed about this latest news today. Oof. JMHO.

I understood the question and probably didn't word my answer well.
No, I don't think they were going to collect a million from the boss.

I think their focus was on explaining away the missing child. If they could get away with that they would have been happy. Not that I am suggesting they would have turned down an outpouring of support from the public had anyone bought this BS.

Seriously! I don't care how laid back anyone is (no matter what country they are from) or how differently they react, I would expect something resembling panic or maybe fear in his voice and I heard NOTHING that came even close!

My ex NEVER showed emotion, fear, or anxiety when faced with anything including death of loved ones, of which, one was of his son from an earlier marriage.

Hey Guys,

IDK if this has been posted here so I apologize if it already was. Are you all aware that the LE are getting Zahara's medical records all the way from Austrailia? JVM just posted it.

Issues with Jane Velez-Mitchell The search for Zahra Baker goes international! TONIGHT: Shocking new twists and turns as police hunt down little Zahra's medical records all the way in Australia! Will these records crack the case? And we'll play a chilling new 911 call!

http://www.facebook.com/JaneVelezMitchellHLN

Deputy Police Chief Maj. Clyde Deal in Hickory said Tuesday that detectives are seeking information about the model, serial number and composition of the prosthesis from the Australian medical facility that fitted it for Zahra Clare Baker.

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2010/10/19/nc-police-seek-medical-records-missing-girl/

Dunno Violet I don't remember that. Let's have a look together?

http://www.wbtv.com/global/link.asp?l=460807

Beat ya there! :)

A Duke Power envelope with handwriting was inside the vehicle on the front windshield. Officer Rollins reports in the search warrant that he smelled gasoline emitting from inside the vehicle when he approached.
The Duke Power envelope had the following message: "Mr. Coffey, you like being in control now who is in control we have your daughter and your pot smoking red head son is next unless you do what is asked 1,000,000 unmarked will be in touch soon." The note also had written at the top and bottom, "no cops."
http://www.wbtv.com/Global/story.asp?S=13317074

I honestly think AB is just not that bright. I still am on the fence about his involvement (don't hit me.) It really seems to me like EB was in charge of everything. From taking care of Zahra to controlling what AB said and did. He left his life in Aus. for this woman. Took his daughter away from her family/friends. I have no doubt he thought he found someone who was going to take care of him and his daughter. He ignored the abuse because he wanted this woman to stick around.

His call sounds like someone who was inexperienced talking to authority. I was a bumbling idiot on the phone well into my 20's, even after I was a mother, because my mother always did everything for me. EVERYTHING. She'd call my bank if I had questions about my account. She wrote my first year english papers for me in college. It was crazy.

It sounds like he called his boss to find out who would write a ransom note like that and then take his daughter (the boss then saying to file a report) EB putting these thoughts in his head because she knew he'd fall for it.

JMHO

I not sure either. But.... Why in the HE11 would his mother not try to stop him from taken her grandaughter? If he has all the disabilities we think he does. I just don't see her letting him just take her to the US with out a fight. We aren't hearing anything like that from anyone from where he is from.
So many questions................

The 911 call is a case of neither/nor: neither did it convince me that AB is innocent of having exposed his girl to cruelty and abuse at the hands of EB, putting her in a position which may have ultimately been responsible for her death, nor did it convince me that AB had, directly, a hand in killing her and helping to dispose of her body.

Wasn't a Duke power bill removed from the Tahoe too??

Yes and I believe the pen it was written with was in the Tahoe too. I think that was the point. To make it look like the kidnappers got into the vehicle and wrote the note with items they found in the vehicle before pouring the gas in it.

MOO

A Duke Power envelope with handwriting was inside the vehicle on the front windshield. Officer Rollins reports in the search warrant that he smelled gasoline emitting from inside the vehicle when he approached.
The Duke Power envelope had the following message: "Mr. Coffey, you like being in control now who is in control we have your daughter and your pot smoking red head son is next unless you do what is asked 1,000,000 unmarked will be in touch soon." The note also had written at the top and bottom, "no cops."
http://www.wbtv.com/Global/story.asp?S=13317074

I thought Violet was asking if there was a second duke power bill that wasn't the ransom note that was removed from the other vehicle?

Thanks for providing the ransom note outline though Darlin.

I could be very confused at this moment. JMHO :)

Nevermind ETA I am confused. I'll just sit here and quietly read for a bit Sorry :blushing:

Bottom line for me is:

If he just went through the "drama" the night before of someone mistaking his house for his boss's house, and attempting to burn a vehicle, burning the yard, and leaving a ransome note......why wouldnt he check on his own daughter? You would..if a kidnapper is going to go so far as to mistake your house and your car, why wouldnt they mistake your daughter? Why wouldnt that put you into a tailspin of terror and send you running into your house to check if your daughter was taken instead? (why wouldnt police? something is missing here....) Werent the police on scene? Some officer has some serious explaining to do...in my opinion.

Bottom line is: A loving, caring, and INNOCENT parent would have instantly checked on their child, afraid that they were taken due to mistaken identity, and nothing can make me feel different about this.

No parent concerned that upon calling 911 because it "appears they took.." his daughter "instead", is going to laugh when talking about her broodiness.

Ive not only fallen off the fence, Ive torn the fence down.

I still would love to know if LE even asked about any children in the house when the ransom note was found during the fire? I'm now wondering if they didn't...was AB & EB expecting them to?...and then were going to go 'look for her' and *discover* that she was missing? This is a mess and sadly I don't believe that it will end well at all and I'm also very much afraid that we will find out that it is/was more horrifying than we imagine. I wish so much I didn't feel that way..for Zahra's sake, but I do...:(

If LE thinks that she may have been dead (or missing) for two weeks prior to the discovery she was gone, then I am afraid AB has some accountability. NO ONE goes two weeks without seeing their daughter-even a non caring father-he must have some clue.

I feel sorry for the dispatcher becasue she had so much to work on. He went on and on about the fire, his boss, her being handicapped, ex employer etc so I'll cut her a break. Once you lose your train of thought you forget things. But If I forget, I can call back or the radio dispatcher can call back for more information, happens all the time. I wonder if they did?

This poor child where can she be? :praying: Please find her...

No one is going to hit you or beat you up for your opinions alpha. :) You're entitled to them just as any of us are entitled to ours too.

Each of us have unique life experiences that we use as filters when we view the world and when we discuss these murder cases and missing children/adults cases.

I respect yours. I might not agree with you but I respect it :)

Exactly why I Like WS so very much...That and no one thinks your crazy for changing your mind umpteen times a day.:innocent:

I not sure either. But.... Why in the HE11 would his mother not try to stop him from taken her grandaughter? If he has all the disabilities we think he does. I just don't see her letting him just take her to the US with out a fight. We aren't hearing anything like that from anyone from where he is from.
So many questions................

I believe the grandmother did try. As he is the custodial parent I don't think she had many options, legally, to do anything.

I still would love to know if LE even asked about any children in the house when the ransom note was found during the fire? I'm now wondering if they didn't...was AB & EB expecting them to?...and then were going to go 'look for her' and *discover* that she was missing? This is a mess and sadly I don't believe that it will end well at all and I'm also very much afraid that we will find out that it is/was more horrifying than we imagine. I wish so much I didn't feel that way..for Zahra's sake, but I do...:(

Why on earth didn't MC ask them about Zahra. Did he even know about her? :waitasec:

I believe the grandmother did try. As he is the custodial parent I don't think she had many options, legally, to do anything.

I think she tried too darnudes. Grandparents have very few options legally here to do anything as well.

My ex NEVER showed emotion, fear, or anxiety when faced with anything including death of loved ones, of which, one was of his son from an earlier marriage.

Really Patty? What about concern under circumstances similar to this? Would he not even have been asking how quickly someone would be there?

I don't panic @ times of crisis, but I am definitely emotional and there is no way I could keep that out of my voice.

eta~Thank You so much once again for your youtube channel Patty..I depend on you more than you know!

http://www.youtube.com/user/Sierra1947

I think she tried too darnudes. Grandparents have very few options legally here to do anything as well.

She tried to the point of them falling out and her not having any contact details for them in the States, no phone number, no address. Grandparents should have some rights, shouldn't they?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rxpb