IA IA - Elizabeth Collins, 8, & Lyric Cook, 10, Evansdale, 13 July 2012 - #2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Did the dad ever take the polygraph that he had not taken as of yesterday, just wondering? And why wouldn't they take them at the same time?

How does one find the FB page where people are discussing this case? TIA

Ok,
I've looked and looked and looked. Maybe I dreamed it, but I thought I read that someone riding (on the road/trail where the girls' bikes were found) rode his bike around them, and then went to call that they were there?

No finger-pointing, but I know I wouldn't assume anything wrong, I'd ride on by and not think twice about the bikes. Kids leave their bikes everywhere, to take a walk, to run into the woods to answer nature's call. One stands guard for the other etc...

But to see bikes and call and report them? Did I dream that up?
I can't find where I saw that - or I'd have linked to it.

There may be more info that I missed, but does anyone else think that's odd? :waitasec:
I did hear/read that another person riding on the trail had to swerve around the bikes and then he reported the bikes to LE. I can't find a link yet...still looking.

ETA: I just saw another post here that says he called it in after he found out the girls were missing....that could be...that part I don't remember either way.

I am local as well. Some thoughts:

1. The man on lake St told the police that he had seen the girls when questioned on Friday but we heard nothing about that until today and not from LE.

2.grandma says she last saw them at 1130 but LE still reports 1215.

3.LE wont confirm or deny what was found from proscessing the bikes and wont state what agencies are working the case. Per 400 press release.

4. Info regarding a new agency working the case was posted on Facebook this afternoon but then was deleted. LE is monitoring that site.

It almost seems as if they have a good idea of what's going on but don't want anyone to know. In fact, the timeline may not be important because they know.

From my previous post today when I was watching the presser, I got more of an impression he didn't know how many agencies. This is what I typed at the time:

'many resources assisting them
won't/can't say how many

no new agencies have been added'

I think the post was in response to a suggestion that perhaps the perp targeted Lyric, thinking she was in her early teens.

Since Lyric doesn't appear to wear makeup, some posters were trying to pinpoint why it is that she does appear to be older than ten.

There does NOT seem to be an overt effort to make herself look older with age-innappropriate, sexy clothes or hair/makeup, so a poster posited that perhaps the dangly earrings in her school picture were what made her seem more mature.

I don't think anyone was passing judgement on this girl or her folks. In my opinion! :)

Thanks. Someone mentioned those were prostitute earrings, etc... I am over it now though...LOL.

If Lyrics last name is COOK, why did she use "M" name as her last name on FB?

BBM
I've been theorizing it could be somebody they DO KNOW. With a story, such as - "hey, my dog had pups, cat had kittens - wanna see go see them?" What kid could resist, especially if one of the girls knew him/her/them and felt comfortable getting in a car with them - maybe had done so with nothing bad happening before?
"Here, let me put your bikes in the back and I'll drive you guys over". "It's not very far, but it's really hot today..."
And the girls hop in the car, truck, whatever and?? He later takes the bikes and purse over by the lake and dumps them to avoid having anything connecting him/her/them to the disappearance.
It's happened before. Every sex offender has to get caught that first time - they weren't born on the list.

I just hope these girls are alive and we find them soon!
:please:

I mentioned something similar in a previous post, only I was thinking in terms of an abductor being stranger.

But when thinking about this I realized I was thinking as an adult and not as a young girl. A person I would consider a stranger might not appear that way to a child. If the person was someone she saw often, maybe waved at or said hi to, then the child would probably think of this person as a friend. No one else in her family might even be aware of his existence.

I don't know if that makes sense - I know what I'm trying to say but it just doesn't seem to come across right!

We have spent four long day dbwting whether they would be brave enough to go that far away and NOW we know that they were at least close to there. Seems like something that is important.:dunno:

Did the dad ever take the polygraph that he had not taken as of yesterday, just wondering? And why wouldn't they take them at the same time?

As of yesterday on JVM, Lyric's Dad Dan Morrissey had not taken a poly yet. I have not read confirmation that he has. AFAIK all the other parents have.

Amen Beemer ... amen - couldn't really give a care about their choice of jewelry or clothing ... just find the girls. Thanks button just wasn't enough.

I personally do not care what kind of jewelry a parent lets their children wear. That is all a matter of opinion. I was just stating for, me that is what made her look older. My DD looks older in that kind of earring. However, I do not think it will help in finding them and that is the MOST important!!

As a side note, I said my daughter isn't allowed to wear her earrings that long when my husband and daughter came home not 20 minutes later with feather earrings that are shoulder length. :/

If Lyrics last name is COOK, why did she use "M" name as her last name on FB?

Cook is her mother's maiden name and Grandma's last name. I have seen her name both ways as well as hyphenated.

Ok,
I've looked and looked and looked. Maybe I dreamed it, but I thought I read that someone riding (on the road/trail where the girls' bikes were found) rode his bike around them, and then went to call that they were there?

No finger-pointing, but I know I wouldn't assume anything wrong, I'd ride on by and not think twice about the bikes. Kids leave their bikes everywhere, to take a walk, to run into the woods to answer nature's call. One stands guard for the other etc...

But to see bikes and call and report them? Did I dream that up?
I can't find where I saw that - or I'd have linked to it.

There may be more info that I missed, but does anyone else think that's odd? :waitasec:

I read that too. He said he was riding on the bike path when he suddenly came upon 2 bikes. He only called in to report that he'd seen the bikes about 12:30, when he heard the girls were missing.

I have a question about the location of the purse and bikes. Was the purse on the other side of the fence? If so, is it possible it was dropped by a taller person over the fence, either in teasing (at first) or ultimately means to lure the girls away from the area? Thanks and sorry if this has been answered.

We have read the purse was over the fence on the highway side, over the fence on the lake side, and 20 feet away from the bikes. I don't think anyone knows for sure.

From my previous post today when I was watching the presser, I got more of an impression he didn't know how many agencies. This is what I typed at the time:

'many resources assisting them
won't/can't say how many

no new agencies have been added'

That's definitely possible. I would have to watch it again.

Maybe the picture of Selena was a safety thing, to not have her own picture on there.

But... her friends also answered questions about her...

Do you think your friend is a good kisser?
Do you think your friend could be a MILF?

She's 10?! I wonder how old her facebook friends are... geesh.
Wow... maybe the idea of her meeting up with someone isn't all that far fetched?

I am not a big Facebook user, but I know that when you are on Facebook, there is a kind of question game that pops up asking questions about people you have "friended". It asks questions like "do you think your friend ever went skinny dipping", "do you think your friend would ditch a date", etc. The "MILF" question is another one that comes up.

These are not questions written by the friends, they're questions to which you give a yes or no answer and it appears on your friend's page. I believe when you answer a certain number of questions, you get "coins" to be used in various online games.

We have read the purse was over the fence on the highway side, over the fence on the lake side, and 20 feet away from the bikes. I don't think anyone knows for sure.

do we know what kind of purse? and what would be in it? A purse on a bike ride??? I would think a fanny pack or was it a wristlet type that would go over a handle bar? Did she have money in it?

That's why I hang out at WS. There is no judgement and if there is some one straightens it out.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member