FLOOR-PLAN of Baby Lisa Irwin's home likelihood of this being stranger abduction

ITA, except the utility room part... since the deck with chairs is right off that room, I would assume it would be a den or something? But I do think that it is/was 2 rooms, the front being the dining room since it is off the kitchen like you said.

Look closer, this is Lisa's room, the crib with the pink baby bath and the window taped up with black plastic and duct tape.

Look closer, this is Lisa's room, the crib with the pink baby bath and the window taped up with black plastic and duct tape.

Why is the window taped off like that? :waitasec:

Why is the window taped off like that? :waitasec:

Probably done to eliminate as much light as possible by LE when first looking for evidence, using luminol to find blood, fingerprints when abduction was looked at as the crime.

Haven't followed this case ... partially because I don't think the mom had anything to do with it ... but enjoy putting together floorplans. Based on the drawing posted above, I put this together. Once the floor plan is completely nailed down, I can add the interior - if there's interest. Out of curiosity, what's downstairs?

LisaFloorplan_1.jpg

Looking at the floorplan, I think it would have been quite easy to enter through the front door or patio, enter the bedroom and leave without being noticed. The path along the back of the house is dark and deserted. Was the patio door locked?

MK, my dear, JI did not state that the boys' bedroom is @ the opposite end of the house from the computer room - it's the parents' bedroom that's exactly opposite the computer room.

In this interview, JI states:

"Our bedroom is on the exact opposite corner of the house and she sleeps with the fan on high."

@ about 3:18 in the video.

http://today.msnbc.msn.com/id/26184891/vp/44927631#44927631

Thanks Sorrell, I didn't hear that interview. But he also said the boys room was at the opposite end of the house. An interviewer asked him if the boys might have heard anything unusual that night, and he said no...because their room was at the opposite end of the house from the computer room. (Will insert link if I can find it.)

So one thing we do know is that both the master room and the boys room are at the opposite end of the house from the computer room. So Lisa's room is definitely the bedroom next to the computer room.

Thanks Sorrell, I didn't hear that interview. But he also said the boys room was at the opposite end of the house. An interviewer asked him if the boys might have heard anything unusual that night, and he said no...because their room was at the opposite end of the house from the computer room. (Will insert link if I can find it.)

So one thing we do know is that both the master room and the boys room are at the opposite end of the house from the computer room. So Lisa's room is definitely the bedroom next to the computer room.

Is this closer?

LisaFloorplan_2a.jpg

Are we 100% certain that the computer room is the full length of the side of the house?

Also do we have a picture of the back of the house to look at?

Otto - I'm thinking the bathroom (near the master) doesn't have a door to the hall - but is more of a master suite with the bathroom door in the bedroom - KWIM?

Also, now looking at what you've done. I'm thinking MAYBE the stairs and the 2nd bathroom (what you're calling a water closet) are switched. I say that because if you follow the "water walls" and put the toilet in the master on the other side - you can draw a straight line to the front of the house - which the front wall has the kitchen sink. Most times the plumbing pipes tend to follow each other - am I making any sense.

I also think - yes nursie - that the computer room is one big room the width of the house. I don't believe it started that way. It could have been two separate rooms with a wall dividing them. The front room being the dining room (right off the kitchen) and I don't think there is an actual door there - just an opening. JI might have (or another owner) taken the dividing wall down to make it one big room.

Now, when that room was two separate (if it was) - when you "put the dividing wall back up - then the back room has no other exit than the outside (which I think is either french doors or glass sliding doors). So, the computer room must have two doorway openings. This would lead to a "hallway" down the back in front of all the bedrooms and ending at the master bedroom door.

I don't even know if I'm making any sense now. lol

ETA: The back outside door on the computer room is a solid door - thanks for posting the pic of the back.

Thoughts?

Thank you, I just found the photo too!

On the end of the house on the left, is that sliding glass doors for the deck?

Otto, I think you NAILED It!! :)

Except, the door to the basement is on the other side, imo. In the video we can see a solid wall with a bulletin board where you have door to the basement. I think the door to the basement is off the livingroom.

Thank you, I just found the photo too!

On the end of the house on the left, is that sliding glass doors for the deck?

The door to the deck looks like a solid single door to me. The only sliding glass doors I see are the ones going into the basement.

The 4 bedroom listing I think is because the computer room could be considered a bedroom? Or maybe there's another room in the basement?

The details on this house says it has 4 bedrooms.

http://www.zillow.com

Then put in the address
That helps with the theory that the computer room was once 2 separate rooms. The front being a dining room and the back being the fourth bedroom.

I really want to see this basement. It looks rather large - has to be, there are 2 garage doors - so large enough to hold 2 cars at least. I've also heard that's where the laundry is.

If we could see the basement - then we'd know where the stairs come up into the house too.

I'm thinking the computer room, off the kitchen, was a dining room. This house was built in 1958.

What I am trying to get Lisa's bedroom all the way at the other end of the house, and the only way to do that, is to divide up that computer room.

FLOOR PLAN of Baby Lisa Irwin's home

Ok, I really tried to make this the best guess floor-plan,

( I made it in "word" so don't laugh) :giggle:

However it may still be wrong

please post what needs to be changed.

Also what is the likelihood of this being stranger abduction with this floor plan?

attachment.php

Please link any videos or Picture that can help make this correct.

Why would a stranger break in through that window on the front of the house and go all the way through the kitchen, living room, past the stairs, turn right into the hallway and left into the baby's room when there appears to be a window on the back side of the house and Lisa's bed is right there near that window? No way is this a stranger abduction. That baby is dead and I don't understand why the mom has not been arrested for child neglect or child endangerment since she was drunk while the kids were in her care.

Otto,
Great job on the floor plan. Puts things in prospective nicely!
(Though I personally don't think this child was kidnapped, I think she was removed from the home after she passed.) :(

imo

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rodrigokurita
Back