Brianna Denison 19yo Reno NV #8

Status
Not open for further replies.
I hope there is some positive news tomorrow in the hunt for this creep. I would love to wake up to headlines that they have someone either as a POI or a Suspect. Even better...in jail with a full confession! (OK that is a bit too optimistic!)

I think he's a loser with a big anger problem with women in his life but would never attack them. He's probably having trouble finding and keeping a job and could have failed at school, or if he has a job then he's probably under lots of financial pressure and not making enough money especially if he has a child.

I wonder if they've considered the vehicle was borrowed or stolen out of the area. We don't know what vehicle was used for Brianna. Is it possible from the description other victims gave that they are different vehicles? In the same respect that I think it's possible those undies were intended as an intentional farce not leading back to the suspect I just can't imagine him leaving the other victims with so much info that does lead back to him as well as alive. This guy could be scavenging dumpsters or whatever for phoney plants. I just can't see that someone who knows him especially a wife or girlfriend not putting these clues together.

In the Kelsey Smith case Edwin Hall's wife did not see the video images broadcast on tv. I'd imagine locally that info is being being widely publicized but with any kind of headline news how many people besides us really pay attention to details? If there are any children involved maybe the wife or girlfriend has only heard the headlines and is just too busy with a job, child, etc. Especially if the perp is out of area. I know LE thinks he is not but being familiar with the area of the victims could be from working there previously or living there at one time or even attending school. How could this person be from that area and someone not put two and two together? I highly doubt it.

ETA: He was taking a big chance using his own vehicle or a friends by having the tags possibly seen and led right back to him ages ago.
If this vehicle was used in all three or more attacks at UNR, I wonder if it's a) that there's too many cars there coming and going for people to find one suspicious b) college kids just don't notice that sort of thing or c) the car is not out of place at all because the perp works/lives near UNR.

If this vehicle was used in all three or more attacks at UNR, I wonder if it's a) that there's too many cars there coming and going for people to find one suspicious b) college kids just don't notice that sort of thing or c) the car is not out of place at all because the perp works/lives near UNR.

I would like to add to your list.

d) There is not a definitive description to isolate this vehicle from others.

My understanding is that we don't know if it is a SUV or truck.

The suspect vehicle is described as an extended cab pick-up truck or SUV with an interior dome light above the windshield.(R.P.D.website)

This is from the Reno P.D. website,so I'd say between these two descriptions, they've narrowed it down to 3 or 4 thousand vehicles locally.

FYI,on Feb. 27,near downtown , an employee of a friend of mine was arriving at the jobsite and was immediately surrounded by 4 police cars, handcuffed,taken to Parr Blvd. and made to wait for DNA results to come back. He was not the guy but it shows that LE is trying

Unfortunately, it also shows that as of that date, LE was grabbin' at straws and didn't have much to go on. He had a pick-up and sort of matched the description. That's it.

Gang…

So much effort and yet so little results! I wonder if LE is working as hard as some of us are. Probably harder, who knows? I do have a couple of things to share so this post may get long—not too worry, I'll break it up.

Profile: I see this individual as having enough social skills to get along in society; however, I also feel that there are two distinct sides of this person: One, easily able to hang out in bars; probably is on first name basis with bartenders and bar staff, he's a regular, probably has his own chair at the bar. Two, I can't explain it, but I feel that this is afraid of women—real, grown-up women—to the point of being petrified.

Up to this point, from what we know, his attacks have all been from the behind which leads me to believe that he either finds himself ugly or is not acceptable in his eyes to women. Moreover, all his victims to this point have been small, rather petite, yet attractive girls, long hair, reasonably weak to his 'known' strength.

FWIW, I am struggling like a mouse in a trap with the notion of him killing Brianna intentionally. I know, I know, and I know…the condition of her remains that police are avoiding like the plague. It's difficult for me to think that one, this person has a short history of sexual assault that has escalated into murder in a matter of months. I just can't imagine sexually molesting someone as an M.O. then killing them. What I'm trying to relate is Brianna died accidentally, most likely as a result of her NOT performing or fragility.

Something has gone wrong in almost all of his attempts. Girls kicking and screaming with him fleeing. I am beginning to feel that this is sexually inadequate. I don't believe he's a 'get-it-up' on demand kind of person and needs some raw kink to get the juices flowing.

It seems with items left behind, the taunting, this perp is actually saying, "help me, I don't want this to happen again." Feedback, comments, slayings?

I would like to add to your list.

d) There is not a definitive description to isolate this vehicle from others.

My understanding is that we don't know if it is a SUV or truck.

I agree that there's just not enough information to determine what to look for in identifying the suspect's vehicle.

The only description of the vehicle is from the Dec. victim, and she could only describe interior features. We don't have make, model, color, year, or any of the other factors that make up a vehicle description.

Also, in this day and age, many people own more than one vehicle. If the suspect has another vehicle, the one used in the Dec. attack might be parked right now with all the publicity.

I hate to says this, but right now it seems to be a "looking for a needle in a haystack" situation. It appears that there's just not enough information to identify the vehicle or the killer.

I agree that there's just not enough information to determine what to look for in identifying the suspect's vehicle.

The only description of the vehicle is from the Dec. victim, and she could only describe interior features. We don't have make, model, color, year, or any of the other factors that make up a vehicle description.

Also, in this day and age, many people own more than one vehicle. If the suspect has another vehicle, the one used in the Dec. attack might be parked right now with all the publicity.

I hate to says this, but right now it seems to be a "looking for a needle in a haystack" situation. It appears that there's just not enough information to identify the vehicle or the killer.

I agree with you. Unless the perp has a previous criminal record, which I don't think he does, either he will get caught "in the act" or by a tip from someone who knows him. There are other possibilities that have longer odds.

Gang…

So much effort and yet so little results! I wonder if LE is working as hard as some of us are. Probably harder, who knows? I do have a couple of things to share so this post may get long—not too worry, I'll break it up.

Profile: I see this individual as having enough social skills to get along in society; however, I also feel that there are two distinct sides of this person: One, easily able to hang out in bars; probably is on first name basis with bartenders and bar staff, he's a regular, probably has his own chair at the bar. Two, I can't explain it, but I feel that this is afraid of women—real, grown-up women—to the point of being petrified.

Up to this point, from what we know, his attacks have all been from the behind which leads me to believe that he either finds himself ugly or is not acceptable in his eyes to women. Moreover, all his victims to this point have been small, rather petite, yet attractive girls, long hair, reasonably weak to his 'known' strength.

FWIW, I am struggling like a mouse in a trap with the notion of him killing Brianna intentionally. I know, I know, and I know…the condition of her remains that police are avoiding like the plague. It's difficult for me to think that one, this person has a short history of sexual assault that has escalated into murder in a matter of months. I just can't imagine sexually molesting someone as an M.O. then killing them. What I'm trying to relate is Brianna died accidentally, most likely as a result of her NOT performing or fragility.

Something has gone wrong in almost all of his attempts. Girls kicking and screaming with him fleeing. I am beginning to feel that this is sexually inadequate. I don't believe he's a 'get-it-up' on demand kind of person and needs some raw kink to get the juices flowing.

It seems with items left behind, the taunting, this perp is actually saying, "help me, I don't want this to happen again." Feedback, comments, slayings?

I agree with you that he is afraid of women which is part of what drives his anger. At the same time, he feels entitled to them.

I also agree, and have been saying, that Brianna's death was an accident. I agree with your reasoning of the progression of his behavior not being to the point of premeditated murder. This may be a contributing factor to him not striking again since.

I still do not think he is taunting the police. I can see your point about him wanting to get caught. I think he has an internal battle inside between the "normal" guy that lives a "normal" life and the monster that carries the fear and rage into these attacks.

Thanks for your insight. What are your thoughts on him striking again soon?

I don't think his looks have alot to do with striking from behind. Thats just to get them by surprise. I am also of the belief that she was killed accidentally, or because he was too rough. I don't think he wanted to kill her and stage her. I also feel this guy has been plain lucky that he has not been caught. I don't think he's this brilliant killer that is toying with police and is a genius at the game. he has left too many clues. He's simply escaping because of the numbers game right now. Too many people, too few LE.

Gang…

Leviosa..............you bring up some good points. I agree that the suspect has enough social skills to interact with other people and I think he can "play the part" of a normal, average guy.........to the point of no one suspecting he could be a rapist/killer.

I'm not so sure though that he's a drinker, and my only basis for that is the report by two of the victims that there was no smell of alcohol, cigarettes, or cologne on the suspect.

I do feel he's sexually inadequate and cannot function normally in a male-female relationship. It's known that alcohol does play a role in sexual inadequacy, so that's how alcohol could come into play.

I too find it a real puzzle that in the three known attacks, he went from not being able to control the victim - to killing the victim. If it wasn't for the DNA linking the three attacks, I'd have the impression we were dealing with two different people.

I'm on the fence about Brianna's death being intentional or unintentional. In regards to the taunting of LE by the underwear left at the scene where Brianna's body was found......again, I'm not sure of the message he intended to impart. Without more details of the condition of Brianna's body and the other evidence left in that field, it's difficult coming up with a clear picture.

The creep did cause unconsciousness in the rape victim, beat her, and threatened to come back and kill her if she told. I believe that the rape victim may have become a little humanized to him and he spared her life. At least that is what one expert says can sometimes happen. I remember the BTK case and people saying that it really takes effort to strangle a person. BTK even remarked how hard it is and even had said that he worked out with his forearms to become stronger. I think he intentionally killed Brianna due to some sick fantasies, the extreme anger or rage he must have been in, and because it was easier to accomplish what he wanted. Also, Brianna might have been further able to describe his vehicle or his ugly looks.

I don't think his looks have alot to do with striking from behind. Thats just to get them by surprise. I am also of the belief that she was killed accidentally, or because he was too rough. I don't think he wanted to kill her and stage her. I also feel this guy has been plain lucky that he has not been caught. I don't think he's this brilliant killer that is toying with police and is a genius at the game. he has left too many clues. He's simply escaping because of the numbers game right now. Too many people, too few LE.

I agree with you Rick.

The creep did cause unconsciousness in the rape victim, beat her, and threatened to come back and kill her if she told. I believe that the rape victim may have become a little humanized to him and he spared her life. At least that is what one expert says can sometimes happen. I remember the BTK case and people saying that it really takes effort to strangle a person. BTK even remarked how hard it is and even had said that he worked out with his forearms to become stronger. I think he intentionally killed Brianna due to some sick fantasies, the extreme anger or rage he must have been in, and because it was easier to accomplish what he wanted. Also, Brianna might have been further able to describe his vehicle or his ugly looks.
I think that he intentionally murdered Brianna, too. It takes strength and determination to strangle someone. That's no accident in my book.

If I'm correct this guy has attacked 4 women, only one of which was not "successful". Even your most organized, experienced perp will have a miss. I don't know that we can assume that this guy just started this sick behavior. He could have been building up to murder for quite awhile now. If you consider that some reports say the December victim was brutally beaten then you could also assume that he was getting close. I also think he had every intention of killing her when he tried to break into her apartment

I agree that this guy has enough social skills that he doesn't initially come off as the warped individual that he is. However, I don't think he is skilled enough to be a "life of the party" sort of guy. Probably is more a follower or loner.

I think he attacks from behind in order to overpower his victim quickly and to avoid being seen. I also believe this may indicate a lack of confidence as well.

From what I understand it takes a minutes, not seconds, to strangle someone to death. You would think it would be difficult to do that accidentally. Either way he obviously didn't care if that happened, as it would be easy enough to avoid.

I think he is planning his next attack and that fantasy is what keeps him going until he thinks it is safe to strike again. I also think he will try to break into a woman's home. I don't think he'll risk trying to abduct someone in the open again, JMO.

I think it might depend if a ligature of some kind was used vs. the perp's hands to strangle the person, as well as if he was behind or in front of the victim. After approaching his previous victims from behind I still find it interesting that he abducted Brianna off the sofa where we assume she was lying down and he'd have to face her.

I don't care if he is 4 feet tall, has green hair, and lives under a bridge...LE needs to give the public more information if they want to catch this creep. It is one thing for them to play "close to the vest" in order to gain a conviction later on with a known perp, but for them to hold things back which could actually get a name so he can be taken into custody is ridiculous. The time is long overdue for them to release what they have.

I don't care if he is 4 feet tall, has green hair, and lives under a bridge...LE needs to give the public more information if they want to catch this creep. It is one thing for them to play "close to the vest" in order to gain a conviction later on with a known perp, but for them to hold things back which could actually get a name so he can be taken into custody is ridiculous. The time is long overdue for them to release what they have.

you are so cute when you talk about trolls. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jrak