GUILTY PA - Dr. Melissa Ketunuti, 35, murdered in her Philly home, 21 Jan 2013

We do love it here, We are a couple of sections over. We go to pinewood pool every year, He could have been there with his family.. who knows!!! UGH.

It just does not seem right. You know? I can see the visit the fight, even him maybe killing her, but setting her on fire??? That is a depraved person. Not a normal " OH MY GOSH look what I have done person.." And then to go to next appt?? Are you kidding me??
That says something so disturbing to me.
I have family in Mayfair. Dh works in NE. So It is all so close.

It's so difficult to try and make sense of something so horrific.

He was either stealing something or made advances I believe. He got rebuked or caught.

I guess when you don't think like this, You can not imagine it. I did see someone he went to school with said he had anger issues and used to get into fights. I know you can only take that with a grain of salt but who knows.

I feel bad for his gf and kids.. And her mother lived there. Their lives much be so turned up side down. I just feel awful for them.

Pirplegirl, as you are local - do you recall any odd news stories about mysterious home fires, or attacks including fires in some way?

I'm compiling a list of possible areas Smith might have lived in, but it's pretty hard to get times as well. For now, I'm focussing on crimes in his latest local area - he had a family to come home to so wouldn't be going more than 3 hours from home (3 up, 1 to kill, 3 back = home in time to call it work hours) more than likely. He's been with this gf for six years, has a child (poor kid... what a thing to grow up knowing about your dad) and so at least the past few years, he's been stable in the area as far as I can tell.

I just read an article warning people in Philly about a guy pretending to be a meter reader. Talked his way into some old lady's basement, asked her to count slowly to six -- and left.

That's not creepy at all.

:escape:

Lunatics.

Thanks Aus.

Like that guy I had in my door last night. Says he's painting addy's on the curb in the freezing cold in the dark.

I loathe people that commit crimes on the elderly.

I guess when you don't think like this, You can not imagine it. I did see someone he went to school with said he had anger issues and used to get into fights. I know you can only take that with a grain of salt but who knows.

I feel bad for his gf and kids.. And her mother lived there. Their lives much be so turned up side down. I just feel awful for them.

His cousin "George" gave an interview and I think mentioned anger issues. He also mentioned addiction problems. Supposedly script pills, but when he got popped on his 28th birthday it was cocaine.

There's a world full of addicts out there that would not murder anyone or set them on fire.

I can check around and search local to see. It is a pretty low key town. People are nice and friendly. Neighbors are really neighbors here. so we know each others habits and such. People interviewed from his neighborhood, have said he was out playing with kids and he was a nice guy ( don't they always say that?) There was a murder a few years ago and I don't know if they solved it or not. I will look into that too.

I think he went to Harry Truman in Bristol. . I did some searching today and got that but did not confirm it.

Awesome, thank you Pirple! And yeah, Dennis Rader's family was utterly stunned by him being serial killer.

See, this is what's making me go look for other cases here: Smith didn't panic. He didn't go to a bar and numb himself with booze, or freak out and head for the hills. He casually strolled past the shops to his truck he had parked away from the intended crime scene, got in and drove a couple of laps around the block... past the victim's house... cruising it.. then went back to freakin' work like he just took a lunch break. Went home to wife and kiddy without breaking a sweat.

He's killed or raped before, or I'm a monkey's near relative.

Where is it posted? I looked at the link you provided last time, but didn't see any video.

http://http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2268398/Jason-Smith-CCTV-footage-shows-moment-exterminator-followed-pediatrician-home-murdered-set-calmly-returning-truck.html?ito=feeds-newsxml

if you scroll down past the article and still shots, there's a video from OCF cafe that shows Dr Ketunuti, and Smith walking to the house, then later walking from the house without a jacket.

Snipped from customer reviews of Smith:
Jason, the tech, arrived on time. He was very professional and very courteous to my pets.

He asked me multiple times if there was anything else I needed/wanted him to do.

Some things are much creepier in hindsight...

- article here

Sorry for multi-posting -- but I have to just agree with the various other posters who've pointed out that this whole "fight" story is coming from the mouth of a killer, and the image of a man who "snapped" is one he -wants- to put across. It'll be the main point of his defense, and he knows it.

It's weird to me that the "fight" is being reported, and accepted, as having been an actual event, rather than maybe a caught killer's way of protecting his own *advertiser censored*.

The fight is BS, it very likely never happened. Not even in his head.

In the CCTV pics, I can see several large parking spaces closer to Melissa's home. But Smith parked his truck away from the intended crime scene and walked, followed her home (--had he actually been watching her house for some hours??--), maybe it gave him a thrill or he just didn't want his truck noticed at the scene.

Says to me, he didn't go to Melissa's home to spray any bugs.

Sorry for multi-posting -- but I have to just agree with the various other posters who've pointed out that this whole "fight" story is coming from the mouth of a killer, and the image of a man who "snapped" is one he -wants- to put across. It'll be the main point of his defense, and he knows it.

It's weird to me that the "fight" is being reported, and accepted, as having been an actual event, rather than maybe a caught killer's way of protecting his own *advertiser censored*.

The fight is BS, it very likely never happened. Not even in his head.

In the CCTV pics, I can see several large parking spaces closer to Melissa's home. But Smith parked his truck away from the intended crime scene and walked, followed her home (--had he actually been watching her house for some hours??--), maybe it gave him a thrill or he just didn't want his truck noticed at the scene.

Says to me, he didn't go to Melissa's home to spray any bugs.

The thing is she called the company and was dispatched so I believe he went there for the purpose he said, Everything else he said? Im not buying. I completely agree, Going to the next job, going home like nothing happened? Too cool to me to be a one time thing.

I get you on dennis rader. What he did was sick and twisted. But didn't he start way back before he was married??? I forget.

It just sickens me. That poor girl. They said no evidence of sexual assault in the beginning but I have not heard that in the subsequent reports.

Between this and that little girl getting swiped a few weeks ago.. It is all so crazy.

Cops are checking his DNA against the pennypack park rapist, and the fairmount park rapist. I think he looks like the pennypack park rapist.
I remember hearing the fairmount park rapist was on a purple huffy bicycle... gotta look that up.

Hey O, I posted the Pennypack mugshot a ways back.

Here's another and I thought it was two women, but it's three.

http://neastphilly.com/2012/05/30/p...ect-wanted-for-multiple-pennypack-park-rapes/

I live near Pennypack. A Latino male grabbed a woman a few years back in Pennypack who they thought may be the Fairmount guy with the Zalle's shirt who murdered Rebecca Park in Fairmount Park.

No way he looks like that murderer or the Pennypack guy.

Says truck with ladders and Eagles sticker and child's seat. Another time a blue van. For people in Tacony to just come out and say "Yeah I've seen that guy around bothering girls" he had to be sticking out big time.

Cops are checking his DNA against the pennypack park rapist, and the fairmount park rapist. I think he looks like the pennypack park rapist.
I remember hearing the fairmount park rapist was on a purple huffy bicycle... gotta look that up.

I saw that. My dh is just so freaked out that he lived so close.

Snipped from customer reviews of Smith:

Some things are much creepier in hindsight...

- article here

Honestly he could have had his wife write those or even did them himself.

Odd in the one they mentioned good with pets.

Mugshots are not always accurate. Now, DNA will tell the story.

The thing is she called the company and was dispatched so I believe he went there for the purpose he said

Respectfully snipped.

This is what I don't get,Pirple -- IF he was simply dispatched to her house, how'd he know to follow her once he'd parked at that 'inconvenient' distance (for a regular tradesman) from her house? Like, if it was just a matter of dispatch by phone, he could not know what she looked like.

And Melissa just -happened- to be alone in the house. The dog walker wasn't due for an hour yet - and he manages to get out minutes before she arrives. Too many coinkidinks here to not suspect he'd maybe been watching her for a while, at least for that morning.

There was mention of a cancelled appointment on the Thursday prior.. maybe that gave him the address and enough details to stake her out? If that was misreported, then.. idk. He might've watched her leave her home that morning and decided she looked like a good target.

Being a tradesman is a great job for a killer. If there's a husband or someone else in the house -- well, he's just the bug guy.

Respectfully snipped.

This is what I don't get,Pirple -- IF he was simply dispatched to her house, how'd he know to follow her once he'd parked at that 'inconvenient' distance (for a regular tradesman) from her house? Like, if it was just a matter of dispatch by phone, he could not know what she looked like.

And Melissa just -happened- to be alone in the house. The dog walker wasn't due for an hour yet - and he manages to get out minutes before she arrives. Too many coinkidinks here to not suspect he'd maybe been watching her for a while, at least for that morning.

There was mention of a cancelled appointment on the Thursday prior.. maybe that gave him the address and enough details to stake her out? If that was misreported, then.. idk. He might've watched her leave her home that morning and decided she looked like a good target.

Being a tradesman is a great job for a killer. If there's a husband or someone else in the house -- well, he's just the bug guy.

Maybe he arrived before she did. Or she called and went out and then came back? I don't know. I just don't. It makes no sense to me.

I did find a story about a teen girl who went missing from philly. and was found burned in a barrel that was left in west philly in 2005. FOUND THE GIRL, Person arrested case solved. Sorry.. had to search a little more. I will be more careful.

My son was on comp so I closed it out.. Ill see if I can find the link.

He might not be following her, but going in the same direction as she because they were both going to her home.
Since he had an appointment, he didn't have to follow her.

Good points. I have considered that as an option for sure, that he was just on his way to a job.

But in my whole life, I have never, not once ever, seen a tradesman park blocks away from a job and then walk to the house with a bag of tools.

Just seems massively peculiar. Especially when there are clearly parking spaces open closer to her home.

eta: oooh, I recall something about the barrel case, Pirple! cheers for that.

Good points. I have considered that as an option for sure, that he was just on his way to a job.

But in my whole life, I have never, not once ever, seen a tradesman park blocks away from a job and then walk to the house with a bag of tools.

Just seems massively peculiar. Especially when there are clearly parking spaces open closer to her home.

eta: oooh, I recall something about the barrel case, Pirple! cheers for that.

One thing is in center city parking is hard. It may have just been easier than trying to park and pull up and back. And if some one comes along, forget it.. It is not as easy as you think in CC. Especially on the older narrower streets.

Okay how weird is this..

"At age 22, Tomlinson was an unemployed handyman living in Bristol. He raped a widow named Lucy Husvar, bludgeoning her to death and setting her body on fire in a Bristol Township basement."

I just found this looking for unsolved murders in my area.. I know it is not possible that he did this. It is from 1975. But wow...

http://www.phillyburbs.com/news/loc...cle_f4135fa8-4c35-11e0-b8b3-0017a4a78c22.html

ETA: Can I say how creeped out I am after searching? This place apparently at one time was a dumping ground for bodies. Sorry, I will stay on task here but it is crazy what you find when you start searching.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dil2288
Back