TN - Holly Bobo, 20, Darden, believed abducted 13 April 2011 - #15

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ok, what is it with articles changing? There was one that just said "supposedly" what was found yesterday and now it's gone. Can all the great sleuthers start hunting. I swear I'm not losing my mind and I didn't get a screen shot. Ugh.

If the items are being planted by the abductor, leading LE to think he escaped via I-40 could be a ruse as well and he may be back in his home, watching as the investigation contemplates moving out of the area...

I can't help feeling that LE is taking their lead from what and where they find items because they have nothing else to go on...

a phone tip yesterday led to the discovery and additonal searching last night. I posted a link about it earlier from CBS

Ok, so I need to grab some coffee. I found it. It wasn't in the article it's in their twitter feed. It is from a reporter of

http://www.myfoxmemphis.com/subindex/video/myfoxbuzz

GCoy1 Greg Coy
Volunteers tell FOX13's Earle Farrell significant piece eevidence in Holly Bobo case is cell phone. Earle waiting to hear from authorities.

Ok, what is it with articles changing? There was one that just said "supposedly" what was found yesterday and now it's gone. Can all the great sleuthers start hunting. I swear I'm not losing my mind and I didn't get a screen shot. Ugh.

If something is posted and you get a screen shot and the screen is revised I dont think you can talk about it anyway.

LOL does that surprise you?
It was a significant find last evening!!!!!

Now it may be nothing

So someone calls in and says "hey, there's a cell phone laying at 100 Eaton Street" and they don't stay with it? And it just happens to be Holly's?

I hate to question their decision, but I really hope LE has good reasons to be so quiet.

A young girl is missing! I would think any help from the public would be welcomed, but how can anyone help if they don't know anything.

I keep jumping back and forth between
1. LE doesn't know anything so there is nothing to tell
2. LE is just keeping quiet to protect the investigation

I know its hard for LE to divulge info, they are the professionals, but we all need help sometimes. Maybe if they gave more info, it would 'register' with someone and lead to a tip.

also, I hate seeing the family victimized again and again by all the rumors, I feel like LE could clear up a few things and squelch some of the rumors.

All I ever read. was "something significant." Now the TBI spokeswoman in the above article is saying they are "pretty sure" it belongs to HB, but not sure it will help out. Sounds like some serious backtracking to me. Certainly TBI knows how quick a case can go cold, don't they?

If something is posted and you get a screen shot and the screen is revised I dont think you can talk about it anyway.

Yeah, and I just do it for me. In this case I have way too many screens open and reading so many different articles and tweets I'm getting myself confused. Glad I figured it out, now I'm going to go get something to eat and some coffee and try to calm my brain a bit.

I wonder if it s a hair tie or a scrunchee!
I think if it was something metal they would be out with metal detectors. JMO

I would think there has to be something that ties the "find" to this case.

Was the tip about a piece of something or suspicious behavior?

If it was about a piece of something, what is know publically that would result in a phone tip? A cell phone? College books? Piece of clothing that Holly was wearing? Human remains?

I think a tip on suspicious behavior would need to be specific to warrant a search in the area.

Maybe there are security cameras in the area.

Ok, so I need to grab some coffee. I found it. It wasn't in the article it's in their twitter feed. It is from a reporter of

http://www.myfoxmemphis.com/subindex/video/myfoxbuzz

GCoy1 Greg Coy
Volunteers tell FOX13's Earle Farrell significant piece eevidence in Holly Bobo case is cell phone. Earle waiting to hear from authorities.

I'm pretty sure the LE isn't going to confirm anything with Earle Farrell. Let's not hold our breath.

I think the mysterious "whatchamacallit" was likely something so highly out of place for where it was found that it warranted immediately releasing teams. To me that means, either:
1.) one of the pieces of clothing that she was wearing.
2.) one of her textbooks that she had that morning
3.) entire backpack
4.) drivers license or other form of photo ID
5.) Cell phone or cell phone cover.
MOO.

I think the mysterious "whatchamacallit" was likely something so highly out of place for where it was found that it warranted immediately releasing teams. To me that means, either:
3.) entire backpack
MOO.
ita... bbm... I am starting to wonder if the fox reporter got the phone tip that started the search of that area
confused with the item found...

Its hard to say what happened yesterday. All we know is that based on a phone tip LE went out and found something and more searching was undertaken.

now the tip could have been specific... like hey look in the dumpster behind XYZ Plumbing over at the corner of 123 street. Or it could be related to a person... like hey this guy was back there behind XYZ. Possibly the tip was to something like crimestoppers or 911 and not initially related to Holly's case but when LE went out they found somethng that thy felt was relevant. Aparently at the time they thought it was important enough to send out some people to search at night.

ita... bbm... I am starting to wonder if the fox reporter got the phone tip that started the search of that area
confused with the item found...

The phone tip was reported last night and then again today on CBS.

3.) entire backpack
MOO.

My thoughts exactly, except for the backpack. I earlier assumed a backpack (the reason items were not dropped at the abduction) but I don't think it was confirmed that she had a backpack.

My thoughts exactly, except for the backpack. I earlier assumed a backpack (the reason items were not dropped at the abduction) but I don't think it was confirmed that she had a backpack.

True, but at this point, it's not confirmed that she had anything but the clothes on her back and her lunchbox.

True, but at this point, it's not confirmed that she had anything but the clothes on her back and her lunchbox.

No but you can extrapolate that she did based on LEs request for searchers to look for items a woman would ahve been carrying in a purse or bag the first day or two of searching. Didn't they ask for people to look for an empty bag? This goes back nearly two weeks so I forget.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
renenoelle