GUILTY GA - Lauren Giddings, 27, Macon, 26 June 2011 # 1

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hit send too soon.....
I was born in Macon, moved to Texas, and went back after high school. I have wonderful memories of my time there. We lived in River North, so I was very comfortable being out after dark.

I don't feel that this was random. I agree with those of you that are getting the 'rejected obsessed creeper' vibe.

And to address the post about how this is ruining his life and wanting to give McD a hug.... ???? He went into the personal residences of his neighbors and stole things <----- IMO, his own behavior is changing his future and he us right where he should be. Even if he did not commit this crime against Lauren, he is clearly lacking in impulse control and judgement. jmo

Prayers for Lauren's family and fr

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Regarding the email that was sent from Lauren's computer to a friend in Atlanta at 10:30 on June 25:

As I have stated in my previous THEORY post, I believe the email was sent by the murderer after Lauren was killed on Saturday night, June 25. One of my Macon friends knew Lauren very well. They socialized together. In fact, on Friday night, June 24, the night prior to her murder, the two of them were hanging out together at a local bar in downtown Macon. Lauren was very upbeat and having a great time as she always did. She never mentioned one word about being afraid or that someone had attempted to break into her apartment the night before which was Thursday, June 23.

In reply to SurfieTX:

The murderer had several days to dismember and dispose of the body parts. After that, he had the torso to deal with. The trash pick up was scheduled for Thursday morning. Had the trash been picked up as he had planned, we would be reading a missing person report and not awaiting a homicide forensic report from the FBI labs.

In case you are interested: you can read my THEORY on page 15, Post #354.

ITA with your theory.

BBM- McD's gasping and having to take a break in that interview, may relate to your comments above, imo.

If it was found in the wooded area, that really was in my daughter's backyard. The wooded area is the only thing that separated her house from the apartments. I know they cleared the woods looking for body parts because of an odor, but found an animal instead.

A theory I am working with, not definite but came to mind. I wonder if someone attempted to break in and intentionally made it obvious. Something she would notice and maybe even tell someone about. Then came back on the night of the 25th in some sort of uniform stating, "Ma'am, we have had some attempted break ins in the area, and we are checking to see if any other residents have had any problems." She might have opened the door for that. Maybe not, but we all have those moments where we don't think first. If she had noticed an attempt, she might have thought this was her chance to find out what is going on. Just a thought.

snipped
He went into the personal residences of his neighbors and stole things <----- IMO, his own behavior is changing his future and he us right where he should be. Even if he did not commit this crime against Lauren, he is clearly lacking in impulse control and judgement. jmo

Bingo! And do we need someone like this working in a "law" position, when they can't even uphold it themselves?

If it was found in the wooded area, that really was in my daughter's backyard. The wooded area is the only thing that separated her house from the apartments. I know they cleared the woods looking for body parts because of an odor, but found an animal instead.

A theory I am working with, not definite but came to mind. I wonder if someone attempted to break in and intentionally made it obvious. Something she would notice and maybe even tell someone about. Then came back on the night of the 25th in some sort of uniform stating, "Ma'am, we have had some attempted break ins in the area, and we are checking to see if any other residents have had any problems." She might have opened the door for that. Maybe not, but we all have those moments where we don't think first. If she had noticed an attempt, she might have thought this was her chance to find out what is going on. Just a thought.

At this point, I don't think someone attempted to break in, nor that she sent the email saying she was afraid to stay in her apartment. Did McD portray the email accurately? The person she sent the email too has not spoke to the media about it. Some have said the recipient was her boyfriend, others say it was the friend from Hashers (JK) who did the interview.

I realize we don't have a stringent accounting of when McD was home during the relevant time frame. But if he was home Sat. night, wouldn't he notice someone pulling up to the apartments and then knocking on Lauren's door? So many unanswered questions ...

At this point, I don't think someone attempted to break in, nor that she sent the email saying she was afraid to stay in her apartment. Did McD portray the email accurately? The person she sent the email too has not spoke to the media about it. Some have said the recipient was her boyfriend, others say it was the friend from Hashers (JK) who did the interview.

I realize we don't have a stringent accounting of when McD was home during the relevant time frame. But if he was home Sat. night, wouldn't he notice someone pulling up to the apartments and then knocking on Lauren's door? So many unanswered questions ...

The article quoted a police officer stating they had found the email. So, I believe it was sent. I think she may have sent it. I think it may have been just a blurb in an email. Something along the lines of, "I'm glad I am moving. I think some hoodlums tried to break in here the other day. It scares me living here sometimes." or something similar. Maybe not, but that is common conversation people do have.

I think someone killing her between 6:30-10:30 and sending the email as a ruse is pushing it. I don't see how they would not know that email wouldn't generate phone calls or people coming over to check on her? That would have eliminated the time to do anything with the body. Of course, at this point, it is all up in the air.

I can tell you my daughter just got home from Macon for a few days. I am happy about that! She says the rumors are running rampant down there. Her friend who is an attorney in Macon is really upset. He didn't know LG, but they attended the same school and worked in the same field in the same town. It is a community there, and they are suffering. He hears rumors from the local attorneys and law enforcement. But those are all rumors at this point.

snipped

Bingo! And do we need someone like this working in a "law" position, when they can't even uphold it themselves?

The one thing I am most certain about is his legal career is over even if he didn't have anything to do with the murder. The bar exam is July 26 and 27. Even if they let him take it, I doubt he could pass with everything that is going on. He should be studying 8 hours a day. I don't think they'd let him have his Barbri books in the Macon jail.

Also, to be admitted to practice, you have to be certified by the bar as fit to practice law. He's probably at least committed burglaries during law school (which is a little different than if they had occurred prior to enrolling). There is little chance that he will now be found to be fit to practice.

Yesterday I posted that I was bothered by the discrepancy in these statements.

MICHELLE: Have you met her family before?

MCDANIEL: I mean, there was one time that I met them. They came down through here. She -- she had a little dog, a little brown dog, that she would exercise out in front of the law school. And it got hit as she was coming across the road. I -- I heard the car hit it and ran out, and she was there crying, and we -- thankfully, there was someone who came along who knew a vet or something, and they helped that. And her family came down I think a couple weeks after that or something, and I met them just briefly.
http://www.wmac-am.com/includes/news_items/6/463/7oclockhour.mp3

[LG's cousin] said her family was familiar with McDaniel, but he didn’t insinuate that family members suspect that McDaniel had anything to do with Giddings’ disappearance or slaying.

The family had seen McDaniel at a graduation party thrown jointly by the Giddings family and another law student’s family at the Fish N’ Pig restaurant in May.

He said Giddings was always kind to McDaniel.

Read more: http://www.macon.com/2011/07/07/1623060/body-is-lauren-giddings-police.html#ixzz1RjYYiEjK

It's probably irrelevant, but still I question why McD lied about knowing LG's family. Just now I came across this statement by LG's father, more evidence that the family knew McD.
Giddings' father said he had met McDaniel a few times.
"I would describe him as very average — didn't speak a lot, kind of awkward," Bill Giddings said. "He seemed to be a light-weight, kind of a bookworm."

Read more: http://www.seattlepi.com/news/artic...ismembered-law-grad-1456652.php#ixzz1RpNt0qSd

Like I said, it probably deesn't mean a thing. Still, I find it curious and can't help but wonder if McD felt slighted by the family.

The one thing I am most certain about is his legal career is over even if he didn't have anything to do with the murder. The bar exam is July 26 and 27. Even if they let him take it, I doubt he could pass with everything that is going on. He should be studying 8 hours a day. I don't think they'd let him have his Barbri books in the Macon jail.

Also, to be admitted to practice, you have to be certified by the bar as fit to practice law. He's probably at least committed burglaries during law school (which is a little different than if they had occurred prior to enrolling). There is little chance that he will now be found to be fit to practice.

Good call. You have to pass a "fitness test" to sit for the bar exam. Law students are always furiously trying to clean up credit scores or any pending matters. With matters "pending" (such as the burglary counts), it is unlikely that McD will be allowed to take the test. If/when he is cleared, that status will be updated with explanation, and he can sit for the exam at a later time. I've known people who have had to delay their tests for issues of bankruptcy, etc... It's actually not that big of a deal. That said, it's a heck of a big deal if he's convicted, but I even know a felon who successfully lobbied the GA bar to be admitted on the grounds that he was rehabilitated. A capital felony is likely a different story, though...

Nice snag, guys.

The article quoted a police officer stating they had found the email. So, I believe it was sent. I think she may have sent it. I think it may have been just a blurb in an email. Something along the lines of, "I'm glad I am moving. I think some hoodlums tried to break in here the other day. It scares me living here sometimes." or something similar. Maybe not, but that is common conversation people do have.

I think someone killing her between 6:30-10:30 and sending the email as a ruse is pushing it. I don't see how they would not know that email wouldn't generate phone calls or people coming over to check on her? That would have eliminated the time to do anything with the body. Of course, at this point, it is all up in the air.

I can tell you my daughter just got home from Macon for a few days. I am happy about that! She says the rumors are running rampant down there. Her friend who is an attorney in Macon is really upset. He didn't know LG, but they attended the same school and worked in the same field in the same town. It is a community there, and they are suffering. He hears rumors from the local attorneys and law enforcement. But those are all rumors at this point.

Not disputing whether the email was sent, just who sent it. Like I said I'm also curious whether McD accurately portrayed what Lauren wrote.

In the video he says he wishes Lauren would have told him she was afraid. If she was scared to be in her apartment, get her out of there and he could have done something to help, like loan her the small gun he owns (paraphrasing).

Gosh, where are those lab results!!!!!

I just ran across this passage from :

"One thing the mother of this missing, murdered student found peculiar was her daughter's growing interest in religion before she disappeared. The woman found out her daughter, who was always a devout catholic, had been attending daily mass. Her mother finds this unusual."

http:///viewArticle.action?articleId=281474979609104

I find it to be of interest that her Mom's ears are pricked up at the idea that her daughter was attending daily mass. Makes one wonder what was going on in her life that she'd suddenly develop an interest like that. St. Joseph's (where she attended)has daily mass at 8am, Monday-Friday. Granted, I don't know what source the author cites as insight into the mind of Mrs. Giddings, but I do find this detail to be interesting.

Hi Midstate :seeya: Your post really made my little ears perk up...this info really set a bell off. Was she maybe interested in someone at the same church? Not accusing her of philandering, but if her mother was suprised, she hadn't told her. Why wouldn't you tell your Mom you were attending daily mass? If her family is Catholic, I can't see how that would be a negative to tell them - Maybe that would even have made her Mom happy. Either something major was going on where she needed that spiritual solace or someone there was of interest. I think LE needs to sniff around there.

Um...can they test the remains (blood) they have for pregnancy? I'm sorry to ask, but that might explain the dismemberment. Sorry to be gross =(

I hate to be gross, too, but I hope they find the killer's DNA on her. If they find semen, hopefully that will help identify him (assuming the killer is male, which I do of course).

Gosh, where are those lab results!!!!!

Snipped to shorten length of post

I don't know where they are but it's driving me crazy that we haven't heard anything today!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Did McD live next to Lauren or beneath her, he lived in 4 she lived in 2?

I'm trying to piece together the relationship between Lauren and SM. The actual relationship that existed and what may have been perceived by SM...if those are two different things. A couple of things seem sort of weird to me -
1. SM shows up un-invited to a grad party that LG's parents co-host
2. Apparently the email LG sent about being afraid was sent to her boyfriend in Atlanta (see article here: http://www.seattlepi.com/news/article/Ga-police-seek-remains-of-dismembered-law-grad-1456652.php) and yet SM says they found an email she wrote to "a friend in Atlanta" in his interview with the media...clearly he doesn't know her bf's name

Based on the above I feel like SM and LG were nothing more than acquaintances who said "hello" when they saw each other and maybe exchanged some other brief pleasantries. WHY then did he assist her friends in searching her apartment? I'd love to know if he inserted himself or if they went to him asking for info and he volunteered to come look in her apartment with them. I really feel like he thought LG and he were much closer than they actually were.

Did McD live next to Lauren or beneath her, he lived in 4 she lived in 2?

I think next to her based on the article at the link below. Here's a snippet with the relevant info -

Since then, police have scoured Giddings’ apartment, No. 2, as well as the adjacent apartment of Stephen McDaniel, sending off their evidence to the forensics center at the FBI Academy in Quantico, Va., for testing. Among the areas checked were apartment plumbing, but Burns wouldn’t elaborate. Police are still waiting for lab results from the FBI.

Read more: http://www.macon.com/2011/07/06/1622256/police-body-was-giddings-tests.html#ixzz1RqSvnwdB

I'm trying to piece together the relationship between Lauren and SM. The actual relationship that existed and what may have been perceived by SM...if those are two different things. A couple of things seem sort of weird to me -
1. SM shows up un-invited to a grad party that LG's parents co-host
2. Apparently the email LG sent about being afraid was sent to her boyfriend in Atlanta (see article here: http://www.seattlepi.com/news/article/Ga-police-seek-remains-of-dismembered-law-grad-1456652.php) and yet SM says they found an email she wrote to "a friend in Atlanta" in his interview with the media...clearly he doesn't know her bf's name

Based on the above I feel like SM and LG were nothing more than acquaintances who said "hello" when they saw each other and maybe exchanged some other brief pleasantries. WHY then did he assist her friends in searching her apartment? I'd love to know if he inserted himself or if they went to him asking for info and he volunteered to come look in her apartment with them. I really feel like he thought LG and he were much closer than they actually were.
Apparently they knew each other well enough that her father had met him a few times, and her cousin said LG was always nice to him.
http://www.seattlepi.com/news/artic...ismembered-law-grad-1456652.php#ixzz1RpNt0qSd

http://www.macon.com/2011/07/07/1623060/body-is-lauren-giddings-police.html#ixzz1RjYYiEjK

Thanks for posting that link Knox! In this picture of SM at his court appearance, does anyone else notice what could possibly be two scratch marks on the upper left side of his neck near his beard line? There's a similar colored mark on the rigth side, but that looks more like a shadow, but I can't see the other two marks as being from shadows. moo.

I've never posted a pic before so I hope this works.

/cymwy.SlMa.71.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members