Amanda Knox tried for the murder of Meredith Kercher in Italy *NEW TRIAL*#4

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not exactly. Meredith went for dinner at 4 pm and Knox/Sollecito were still at the cottage. Did Sollecito/Knox report that Meredith put clothes in the laundry before leaving? If not, and if laundry was done, it was done after she returned from dinner at 9 pm ... or perhaps Knox ran the laundry in the morning.

I recall them mentioning Meredith doing something with the wash/clothes while they were there.

Still. Either it was running when they were there (afternoon) or Meredith started a load upon returning (early evening). Would the condensation be like that after noon the next day? I haven't been able to get a really good answer for that in years of asking.

Surely AK would have mentioned washing clothes if that was part of her morning. I just wonder why what was in it and how it looked she skipped over in her 'stories'.

Oh... I see quick draw/post SMK beat me to the Meredith and washer statement.

Just thinking about the idea that the shower was skipped:

From Nadeau's text; the scene shortly after Meredith's body was discovered:

(although I am unsure of what they mean by "smelling like sex"........:blushing: )
Then there is the testimony of Amy Frost. I checked the testimony and it seems that it actually was Sollecito who told her this, but either way...there are doubts about that shower :)
Knox has claimed she took a shower at the house she shared with Kercher on the morning before Kercher's body was discovered there. But Frost said that Knox had told her that morning she had not showered. "Amanda told me she had seen blood [in the bathroom] and therefore decided not to have a shower," she said.
http://www.theguardian.com/world/2009/feb/13/meredith-kercher-prosecutor-amanda-knox-supporters

Actually, in the email home, paragraph 2, this is what Amanda says (ambiguous statement) :

I am paraphrasing so not a direct quote: see link:

" ... meredith came
out of the shower and grabbed some laundry or put some laundry in, one
or the other
and [returned to her bedroom]..."

http://themurderofmeredithkercher.com/Amanda_Knox's_Email_Home

How convenient. Since Knox and Sollecito were in the kitchen eating pasta and the laundry is visible from the kitchen, Knox should know exactly what happened: getting laundry or doing laundry.

I have never understood why it was done the way it was. Throwing them away gave up the direction the killers were using to leave the area. That is the 'back way' to both RSs and RGs apts from the cottage.

Why didn't they just turn them off, turn off the ringers, or smash them to pieces? I just don't know.

IMO if they both had just said/stuck with that they had no idea what happened... they would have been better off instead of headed back to :jail: . They just could not/will not keep their mouths shut IMO.
I believe there was a reason why they threw the phones away at that location. There was an incoming phonecall at about midnight. That would have been shortly after the murder, and they could have well been walking there on the way back. So I just think it was that incoming phonecall that panicked them and made them toss the phones asap. JMO.

I don't believe they/anybody would have kept them anyway. Who took them doesn't really matter to me anyway. It just seems to me that AK wouldn't have called them (even tho they only rang a few times) unless she knew about where they were.

Can you imagine her calling them and the police or RG answers? Oh hey... what ya doing?

I believe there was a reason why they threw the phones away at that location. There was an incoming phonecall at about midnight. That would have been shortly after the murder, and they could have well been walking there on the way back. So I just think it was that incoming phonecall that panicked them and made them toss the phones asap. JMO.

I think more it was a secluded place and they thought they wouldn't be found until later. From the pics I have seen... that looks like a dark area and one would not be able to see the house from where the phones had to have been thrown. It is also on the 'back way' home to both RS's and RG's apts.

I would guess that AK and RS threw them there... after coming back to do some clean-up and going the back way to his apt. I just don't think RG would have taken them... it was obvious by then that she wasn't calling anybody IMO.

Is your theory that RG was in the house when Meredith arrived at 9pm and he attacked her shortly after?

If that's the case why was he there an hour later?

If that's not the case do you think he waited almost an hour to attack her and was hidden in the house that long? Or did he break in while she was home?

When the bank call was made at 10PMish the phone was still at the cottage, at midnight when it rang it was in the location it was found.

What is your theory for the time lapses here?

The two calls were just attempted calls that never connected to a tower but were discovered in the phones call log. Rudy and the phones had the left the cottage before 9.58pm

Took them but threw them away??? There goes that one.

Not really. RG may have taken the phones instinctively, as he had done before. But upon reflecting on the fact that this time, his burglary had ended in his committing a murder, he decided it was wiser to discard the phones than to try to peddle them.

Not really. RG may have taken the phones instinctively, as he had done before. But upon reflecting on the fact that this time, his burglary had ended in his committing a murder, he decided it was wiser to discard the phones than to try to peddle them.

Meredith had two phones. Most people have one. Has it ever seemed odd that he knew to take both phones, or that he continued looking for a second phone after finding the first?

Yes, something was said in that phone call which raised serious alarm bells for her mother, IMO. I think, maybe, deep down inside her mother knows Amanda was involved somehow. But what are you gonna do, let your daughter go to prison? No, every parent is going to fight for their son or daughter in that situation. She probably thinks Amanda got involuntarily swept into the situation, as in stoned out/drunk and didn't realize what she was getting into. And she probably blames the people around her. That's just natural.

Oh, please. Her daughter was in a foreign country where she didn't speak the language. Her flatmate had been found sexually assaulted and brutally murdered.

What mother wouldn't be worried out of her mind?

The postal police cheated and used antenna extensions from the cottage car park to get a weak signal from tower 30064 1800 metres away for the 10.13pm mms.

This tower did not service the cottage.

windpd.jpg

First of all, why would the Prosecutor appeal a guilty verdict?
In the second place, the sentence was the the same as given to Raff and AK, but because of the fast track law in Italy, was reduced by a third.

Amanda and Raff were given the same fast track option. They'd be getting out of prison soon. Well, except for Amanda who also had the culunia conviction.

Because they can and they do. Mignini appealed Amanda & Raffaele's convictions wanting them increased. He didn't appeal Guede's sentence reduction to 16 years. Only Maresca did.

I'm confused. Knox reported that she was panicked and that they ran around the cottage and then cracked Meredith's door. That's believable. A short time later, when Filomina was panicked and wanted police to break down Meredith's door, Knox said that the locked door was normal - no reason to panic.

What do observers or non-observers have to do with anything. The above is known fact based on statements made.

In what language was this comment supposedly made?

Isn't it possible that both statements were true (as far as AK knew)? Being concerned about MK's locked door (under the circumstances) does not mean AK wasn't also under the impression that MK frequently locked her door.

This is the sort of casual comment of which much too much is made in this case. We don't know whether there was a misunderstanding based on language difficulties. We don't know what AK supposedly meant relative to her earlier actions. We don't even know whether AK really said "Oh, don't bother to open her door. She's just sleeping in there." Maybe she just said "Meredith often locks her door" and the carabinieri interpreted the remark to mean "don't open the door".

Meredith had two phones. Most people have one. Has it ever seemed odd that he knew to take both phones, or that he continued looking for a second phone after finding the first?

Do you know where the phones were located during the murder? Perhaps they were sitting side-by-side on MK's dresser.

Let's don't inflate this into an international treasure hunt for the second phone.

If I came home to a shared flat and found a broken window, I would assume a burglary or possibly an act of vandalism had taken place, but I would not think that my flatmate might be incapacitated or dead. If I heard a phone ringing and no one answering it, I would be concerned to the point of at least considering the possibility such wrongdoing.

You're thinking in extremes. No one is going to immediately think, omg my roomate might have been stabbed to death. But I guarantee you 100% of people would immediately check the whole house, and immediately get the locked door open upon seeing it. Soooooo....in the sequence of things, that comes before calling a roomate's phone.

+

Kitchen flood needs mop to get up. No it doesn't, water mostly evaporated and waited like 12 hours anyway.

RS shower OK up until day body found. No it isn't... need to come home for shower. Oh, and a mop.

The front door is unlocked. Well, somebody may have stepped out. SINCE IT CAN ONLY BE MEREDITH... I wonder where she is but not too much. Like... sort of.

I need a shower... but no towel. No I don't... I can boogie on the bloody bathmat.

My ears may have bled. No they didn't... my empty earring hole doesn't hurt a bit nor the scatch on my neck.

I only smoked a joint. No... I smoke a joint every time I am anxious. I am anxious alot.

We were not blitzed out of our skulls. But I've decided to never smoke again.

Bringing my knife to a police investigation about a knife murder is a great idea. Maybe it is not.

Kissing, making faces and laughing is appropriate in a police investigation waiting room just after the body of your 'friend' has been found slaughtered. Maybe it is not.

I pricked Meredith while we were cooking together. No I didn't but I was just thinking out loud.

I was worried to death about my friend being behind that locked door now that I thought about the blood, poo, unlocked door and broken window. Maybe we were in shock tho... because RS couldn't break open the door and I didn't think of trying her phones, calling the police earlier or canceling eating brunch.

I think we ate dinner late that night... like 11:30pm. No, I don't look at clocks so it could have been much earlier... like 3 hours.

We always turn off our phones. Except... we never do.

I didn't call my mom in the early morning hours before I did call her. I don't care what the phone records or my mom says... I didn't or don't remember it.

I don't know that Rudy they arrested. Oops... maybe I did meet him a few times and smoke with him. Oh yeah... he fancies me too :blushing: .

I was put in solitary. Oh yeah... I was accused of assaulting someone and cutting their neck. Maybe other prisoners would not have hurt me... but really maybe they should have just let me out.

There are more. Really, there are.

:):):):):):):):):)

***Addendum: I did just read that by the time the 2 phones were known to be part of a murder investigation, they had been handled by too many people to be tested for prints.

But the police would have definately noticed if blood was on the phones. And there was no blood. If RG threw those phones out, he would have had to somehow be able to wipe the blood completely clean off of them before he threw them out. ( I mean blood from his bloody hands).

Oh, please. Her daughter was in a foreign country where she didn't speak the language. Her flatmate had been found sexually assaulted and brutally murdered.

What mother wouldn't be worried out of her mind?

I was saying that upon contemplating and after some time had gone by, her mother probably had a suspicion that her daughter had been somehow involved in Meredith's death, even though she was denying it. I'm saying....not immediately.....but after some time had gone by. Her mother probably saw pieces that weren't right, such as that first phone call, whatever the content of that was. Only she and Amanda know the content of that phone call. And only she would be able to see through Amanda and know things just by knowing her and being her mother, things like......is she lying? Figuring out what she's lying about and why. The things she's lying about should have raised huge red flags for her mother, at least hidden somewhere deep inside of her. She knew her daughter's personality. I believe the mother would be the one who could tell for sure whether Amanda was involved in the murder or not.

So I was saying, that despite knowing her daughter probably had something to do with it, she would of course do everything in her power to get her out of there. Even knowing what she did, but when it's your child it doesn't matter. As I said, her mother probably is telling herself a variety of things to make it better, such as, she was drunk/stoned, didn't know what was going on. She was keeping bad company (RS and Rudy). Maybe she thinks she just stayed in the living room and was too scared and didn't know what to do.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dil2288