Found Deceased NH - Celina Cass, 11, Stewartstown, 25 July 2011 # 3 *Arrest*

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am starting to think inside job, and what I mean by that is some kind of family or someone local. And that conclusion is because of the area and remoteness of the town.
On any case as soon as the FBI get involved I feel that they are really on the case with all the profilers and high tech thinking that they have. Everything we are talking about on here they have checked out I am sure and more.

Two of the comments she made on her facebook page were interesting to me and not sure what to make of it. Could be something or nothing and may have already been discussed.

On the same day (July 20th) early evening she posts that she is going to the movies with her sister and then an hour and half later, she was contemplating going for a walk.

Did the sister change her mind about taking Celina with her? I wonder who the friend is she was talking to. They were listening to "getting hot in here" by Nelly.

Lyrics

http://www.lyrics007.com/Nelly Lyrics/Hot In Here Lyrics.html

I am starting to think inside job, and what I mean by that is some kind of family or someone local. And that conclusion is because of the area and remoteness of the town.
On any case as soon as the FBI get involved I feel that they are really on the case with all the profilers and high tech thinking that they have. Everything we are talking about on here they have checked out I am sure and more.

I thought so too at the beginning but reading about the truck stops has me worried. Early on, I dismissed the fact that she may have been taken across the border but...........it seems smuggling kids across the border is a sad reality.

http://www.rcmp-grc.gc.ca/on/news-nouvelles/2011/11-06-07-kingston-eng.htm

ETA: I don't know the area but it being a small town, I wonder if there are country roads (remote) that can be taken without having to go across the border.

I thought so too at the beginning but reading about the truck stops has me worried. Early on, I dismissed the fact that she may have been taken across the border but...........it seems smuggling kids across the border is a sad reality.

ETA: I don't know the area but it being a small town, I wonder if there are country roads (remote) that can be taken without having to go across the border.

There was a poster a couple days ago that said she lives in the
area, which is 1 mile or less to the border.

S/he said there were a lot of places (thru woods, etc) to cross
over into Canada, without being seen & without having a passport.

That is a possibility but I do not think that is the case here because they are looking for her in the immediate area so to me that is saying they know something. Who knows I could be wrong.
I do know that yes there are ways to get into Canada that are not border crossings. The trucker thing in my gut is saying no that is not the case.

Should this trouble me?
I read on the live wire
http://livewire.thebostonchannel.com/Event/Search_Continues_For_Missing_11-Year-Old_Girl?Page=0
that CC was first noticed missing at 8-8:30AM.
I remember step dad's FB page had him commenting on someone's page that very morning that he lived in Canaan, VT. I went to that page to see the time it was posted and it said 9:15 or 9:30AM. That post has been removed from his page now.
Do we know that the time she was noticed missing is accurate? Coz, if it is and he was on FB sending messages to his friends an hour later, that troubles me.

Should this trouble me?
I read on the live wire
http://livewire.thebostonchannel.com/Event/Search_Continues_For_Missing_11-Year-Old_Girl?Page=0
that CC was first noticed missing at 8-8:30AM.
I remember step dad's FB page had him commenting on someone's page that very morning that he lived in Canaan, VT. I went to that page to see the time it was posted and it said 9:15 or 9:30AM. That post has been removed from his page now.
Do we know that the time she was noticed missing is accurate? Coz, if it is and he was on FB sending messages to his friends an hour later, that troubles me.

Several other posters noticed it as well and mentioned it here...
and yes, I agree, it is bothersome! The entire case is frustrating!

I keep hoping that we're going to hear something soon too. She's been gone so long now any hope that I had that she would come home alive are about gone.

With such a small town wouldn't it be easier to figure this out?

We all thought the same thing about Holly Bobo's disappearance as well. She was last seen outside of her home in a small town. But as the days, weeks, and months have passed since she vanished in April, she remains missing. And when Kyron disappeared from his school in June 2010, even LE said that they would have the case wrapped up within a week. Unfortunately that was not to be and Kyron still has not been found.

Even though I know it is unrealistic to expect this, I kinda wish LE could go against the protocol just once in one of these cases. I wish they could disclose everything they know and learn in the investigation as it transpires just to see if that produces a quicker resolution to the case. Again I realize that is never going to happen, but I like to imagine that transparency would be a beneficial thing in some situations. Just wondering.... :waitasec:

I just read on FB that all family members have passed a lie detector test including the SF. Again this is from FB so who knows how accurate it is...

Bolded By Me

We HAVE to be thoughtful & mature...
we have Big Brother.... I mean Moderators..... watching our every move!
And believe me.... for that, I am thankful.

You'll see that at times, there will be a few posters here & there, that try to
get into heated debates & nasty arguments, but our great MODs will usually
very quickly, put them right back on track & remind everyone of the rules.

If it continues, those poster(s) may get a Time Out. It may sound elementary
at first, however, a TO is almost always for the childish, the bully, or the instigator
of trouble. But it's usually very pleasant, relaxed & at times, a lotta fun.

It's a great place to come to read & comment... to post your theories and to vent your
feelings, whether it's sadness about a missing child and/or anger over justice wasn't served.

There can be a lot of laughs, too. Even when tension is high re a case, some of us use humor
to help relieve the fear & stress. And there are some very funny & clever peeps here.

Oh... and WELCOME to Websleuths!

Welcome, Skier!

I like Websleuths for the same reasons you do. Some of the other crime/missing persons sites out there seem like they are more about rumors. One of my favorite things about this site is that people really distinguish between rumors/speculation vs. established or published facts! Really cuts down on the confusion for me, lol. :)

Way of life in N.H. town upended
Girl’s disappearance alarms neighbors, puts spotlight on community

http://www.boston.com/news/local/ne.../31/way_of_life_in_nh_town_upended/?page=full

Strange that the community is hiding the parents. I've never seen anything like it.

They covered the parents with sheets when they left the home and they surrounded them in the crowd to avoid news cameras. Why? :waitasec:

So far, Cass’s family has not spoken publicly about her disappearance. At a candlelight vigil Friday night in the town’s park - a vigil has been held every night since Cass’s disappearance - the family stayed in the center of the crowd, friends, and neighbors forming a circle around them to protect them from the view of news cameras.

Initially, I was very set upon the SF or Step-son being involved in her disappearance. But since then the Forensics teams have scoured every inch of that house for 3 days, the family cars were thoroughly scanned and searched and all of the family has passed polygraphs.[ supposedly.] So now I am turning away from them and looking at other scenarios.

We cannot see any record of her Instant Messages. I don't know if the computer forensics experts can retrieve those from her computer or not. But an 'older boy' could have IM'ed her and said meet me in the Spa parking lot at any time that night. " We will go for a ride." If he had been grooming her it could happen quickly. He could be a friends older brother or a friend of her older brothers.

Way of life in N.H. town upended
Girl’s disappearance alarms neighbors, puts spotlight on community

http://www.boston.com/news/local/ne.../31/way_of_life_in_nh_town_upended/?page=full

Strange that the community is hiding the parents. I've never seen anything like it.

They covered the parents with sheets when they left the home and they surrounded them in the crowd to avoid news cameras. Why? :waitasec:

It may be all very innocent. Small towns like this covet their privacy and we know that in other cases the parents have been derided and atmosphere becomes almost circus like. They may be so shy they are scared of the media etc. I know that I would be talking and pleading, but maybe these people are different. jmo

Any opinions on why they went to wake her around 8am? It is the summer and she wrote on FB, I think it was February vacation, that she was going to stay up late and just sleep until 11. It doesn't seem unusual for an 11 year old who is staying up late on the computer to sleep in.

Initially, I was very set upon the SF or Step-son being involved in her disappearance. But since then the Forensics teams have scoured every inch of that house for 3 days, the family cars were thoroughly scanned and searched and all of the family has passed polygraphs.[ supposedly.] So now I am turning away from them and looking at other scenarios.

We cannot see any record of her Instant Messages. I don't know if the computer forensics experts can retrieve those from her computer or not. But an 'older boy' could have IM'ed her and said meet me in the Spa parking lot at any time that night. " We will go for a ride." If he had been grooming her it could happen quickly. He could be a friends older brother or a friend of her older brothers.

Do we know for sure nothing of evidentiary value was found in the home or are they just not saying? Have the parents returned to the house? Sorry, I was away Friday and most of yesterday and may have missed it. TIA

Local folks and hunters know these areas well. There are miles of snowmobile trails and ATV trails that cross the border. They do not call this area "The Great North Woods" for nothing. It certainly is not Alaska or Montana but wild and remote just the same. One could disappear and never be seen again if they have survival skills. (skier)

Hubby was just on the phone with me (he's in N. Stratford, NH, and I'm in CT now). There are posters everywhere he's been, from Groveton through Colebrook, and likely everywhere else North, East and West. Down by the river (which is low, but not as low as it can be), there were people fishing and searching. Two men from Maine came by, and they, too, were aware of the search, so everybody's eyes are truly looking. This is a huge ATV area, where people come from all over to ride the trails. I have no doubt that there is an immense search, both formally and informally, going on.

Stewartstown has a few stores, but fewer than most towns. It's small. I just wanted to add that since I saw mention of a store, in a post above. It wouldn't be too hard to track that down.

Many homes are just old trailers or shacks, where you wouldn't think people could live, but they do. They are, I have always assumed, camps. I don't want to give anyone the idea that I'm saying the area is a dump, but we have a lot of old farm houses, cabins, trailers, etc. down dirt roads. My thought when I heard about garbage searches was that people were going through yard junk (you know, looking under, etc.). The hubby says no. This would be garbage that was being collected individually for the dump. I didn't know Stewartstown had a dump. Just a thought, because I'm still not sure what is meant by garbage searches.

Yes, there are ways through the woods to get to Canada, but believe me, especially with ATVs being so big up here, it's not as easy to cross that border as it used to be (through the woods, or any other way). My belief is that whatever happened, if it was not of Celina's own volition, came about through someone close. I don't know if that means family, or friend, or what. I would almost hazard a guess and see if someone moved there, recently. It's hard to believe someone who would take a child (if that's what happened) could have been there all along.

I heard that Celina liked to fish. There's a spot on Route 3 (I think it's in Pittsburgh at that point), where the kids fish for competitions. It's small, though. My favorite places in the area are Christine Lake, Little Dummer Pond, Big Dummer Pond, the CT lakes, Fish Pond, off the top of my head. Across the river, in Canaan, there are a couple of ponds, too. The river likely runs either through her backyard, or close by, but I don't know if people fish there, when there are more serene places to do that. Pittsburgh, too, is a huge town, with few people, and most of it is protected land (Moose Alley runs through there to Canada). We have a lot of space!

I saw that names of sheriffs were being questioned (because they are/were the same: Cass, Noyes). Up here, many names are repeated. People have been here a long time. Just looking at street signs and thinking of some of my neighbors, I can think of many. It may be coincidence, or they may be related, either closely or distantly. Brighton (or Island Pond) is a cute town where we looked at buying an ice cream parlor. It would be more of a tourist place. I'm not sure that they would share a sheriff, especially considering the distance from Canaan (I think that was the town mentioned in the post).

Another thought is that perhaps she met someone online from a closer city, like Berlin (to the east). It's not a huge city, but I guess you could "hide" there. You'd think that with access to her computer, LE would have an idea about that.

Ok, this is my final thought. :eek:) There is so much land up in the Great North Woods (from VT, to NH, to ME). My husband and I have differing viewpoints as to how easy it would be to find someone. He thinks it would be difficult, but my belief is that with the ATV season, and so many people aware of what's going on, (and these are wonderful people...the best in the world) it won't be as hard as it might, otherwise.

Prayes for Celina and her family and friends.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cariboucampfire73