Websleuths
Go Back   Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community > Missing!! > Missing but not forgotten Discussion > 2000's Missing

Notices

2000's Missing Persons missing between 2000-2009

Closed Thread

Old 04-25-2010, 12:51 AM

http://www.thesunnews.com/2010/04/25...n-sadness.html
Old 04-25-2010, 04:11 AM
Still doin' it for Britt.

One year after Drexel's disappearance Sharing in sadness
Families of the missing gather for support
By Jake Spring
Sunday, Apr. 25, 2010

Chad Drexel walked down Ocean Boulevard on Saturday night and pointed across the street, angling his Blackberry to take a picture.

"That's the camera over the visitors center board that got Brittanee," Chad Drexel said.

The camera produced some of the last pictures of Brittanee Drexel, Chad's daughter, before the New York teen disappeared on April 25, 2009.

One year later to the day, the Drexels and a crowd of supporters gathered to march the same length of road where Brittanee was last seen in an event to both remember and raise awareness of missing persons. They marched on Ocean Boulevard from Bar Harbor Motor Inn, where Drexel was staying on a trip to Myrtle Beach, to a candlelight vigil next to the Blue Water Hotel, where she was last seen leaving.

More at link...
http://www.thesunnews.com/2010/04/25...n-sadness.html
__________________________________________________ _________

A Vigil for Brittanee
Last Update: 4/24 11:20 pm

Sunday, April 25, marks the one year anniversary of Chili teen Brittanee Drexel's disappearance while on a spring break trip to Myrtle Beach, South Carolina.

Drexel's family and friends took part in a march and vigil Saturday evening, hoping to once again bring attention to the case.

The march began at the Bar Harbor Motel, where Brittanee was staying last year, and ended with a vigil near the Blue Water Resort, where she was last seen.

Investigators and search crews have spent the last year combing an area in Georgetown County -- the last place they were able to track signals from Drexel's cell phone.

More at link...
http://www.13wham.com/news/local/sto...vbFDHD9fg.cspx

Remembering Brittanee Drexel at Vigil in Myrtle Beach
04/24/10 11:51 pm

Myrtle Beach, SC - Family and friends of Brittanee Drexel, missing for nearly a year, came together to pray and hope for her safe return. With heavy hearts, the family met in the parking lot of the Bar Harbor Motel sharing hugs and tears.

They were met by parents and relatives of other missing persons, a community tied to each other by a bond they never wanted to share. Drexel’s mother, wearing a tee-shirt bearing her missing daughters face, described the anguish she and her family live with everyday.

"It’s a nightmare, Drexel said. “You never wake up, it’s horrible, the most horrible thing you ever want to go through as a parent.”

More at link...
http://www.wciv.com/news/stories/0410/729342.html

Emotional vigil honors anniversary of teen's disappearance
Posted: Apr 24, 2010 11:49 PM EDT
Updated: Apr 24, 2010 11:49 PM EDT

MYRTLE BEACH, SC (WMBF) - It's a position no mother would ever want to find herself in, but one year after the disappearance of her daughter, Dawn Drexel has returned to the Grand Strand begging for a break in her daughter's case.

Brittanee Drexel was on Spring Break from the Rochester, NY, area when she was last seen at a Myrtle Beach resort along Ocean Boulevard on April 25, 2009. Since then, police and investigators say the teen is nowhere to be found, and now they're on the hunt for someone who knows what happened to Brittanee the night she went missing.

More than 40 people marked the one-year anniversary of Brittanee's disappearance Saturday evening with an emotional 20-block march down South Ocean Boulevard. The line of family, friends and supporters walked from the resort the teen was staying at while on Spring Break, to the place she was last seen alive.

It may seem like the Drexel family is returning to square one with no significant leads under their belt, but this time around for Brittanee's mother, the one-year anniversary is more than a reality check.

More at link...
http://www.wmbfnews.com/Global/story.asp?S=12370862
Old 04-25-2010, 04:45 AM

I think it's a really shameful thing that none of the "friends" that B went to MB with made the trip again for the vigil (that we know of). I think they could have at least done that.
Old 04-25-2010, 04:47 AM

mlatta: I noticed you were thanked on KD's FB wall. Thank you for making such a big difference!
Old 04-25-2010, 04:54 AM

These are all such beautiful photos, but I wish they didn't have to exist.
Old 04-25-2010, 05:09 AM

Myrtle Beach march, vigil mark anniversary of Brittanee Drexel's disappearance
Ernst Lamothe Jr. • Staff writer • April 25, 2010

For the families of missing persons, anniversaries can evoke fond memories or devastating reminders of the past.

The Drexel family understands that today likely will involve both emotions.

Three hundred and sixty-five days ago today, Brittanee Drexel walked through the sliding doors of the Bar Harbor Motel in Myrtle Beach, S.C., sporting brown hair with blond highlights and wearing a multi-colored shirt, black shorts and flip-flops.

That image of Brittanee — at the time a 17-year-old junior at Gates Chili High School — walking out of the South Carolina motel during an impromptu spring break trip remains frozen in relatives' minds.

More at link...
http://www.democratandchronicle.com/...0339/1002/NEWS
Old 04-25-2010, 05:20 AM

Looks like I've hijacked the thread again.

I can't sleep.

Today marks exactly one year that Brittanee has been missing. I'm so depressed that it has gone on this long with little to no answers about where she is or what happened to her. Luckily recent developments prove hopeful and it looks good that answers may be on their way. Please continue to pray for Brittanee, her family, and all of her friends that have endured the pain of not knowing where their loved one is for a full year. And pray that this next year brings about the answers needed to bring Brittanee home to where she belongs.

"When the world says, 'give up,' hope whispers, 'try it one more time.'"
Old 04-25-2010, 05:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LLLindsayy View Post
I think it's a really shameful thing that none of the "friends" that B went to MB with made the trip again for the vigil (that we know of). I think they could have at least done that.
LLindsayy, As do I. Thank you for sharing all of these pic with us. I wasn't able to go down to MB but, I was there in spirit. I can't keep my mind off Brittanee this weekend.
The Following User Says Thank You to candi123 For This Useful Post:
Old 04-25-2010, 05:30 AM

Quote:
Looks like I've hijacked the thread again.

I can't sleep.

Today marks exactly one year that Brittanee has been missing. I'm so depressed that it has gone on this long with little to no answers about where she is or what happened to her. Luckily recent developments prove hopeful and it looks good that answers may be on their way. Please continue to pray for Brittanee, her family, and all of her friends that have endured the pain of not knowing where their loved one is for a full year. And pray that this next year brings about the answers needed to bring Brittanee home to where she belongs.

"When the world says, 'give up,' hope whispers, 'try it one more time.'"
Your fine go ahead and get it all out in the open it helps, everyone has to vent. This is a terrible tradgedy. I am glad that Brittanee and her family has you and all of these people here on their side. I can only image what a help and comfort it must be. Yesteday I had my melt down. I did not want to see today come without a miracle but, the day isn't over. I wasn't expecting news a couple of weeks ago about poi's and that news came, so maybe today news of a arrest will come. I wish I could make those memorial videos like others do for Britt I am hoping someone will make one today so we can kinda have our own little tribute on the web for her. I am going to be lighting a candle for her later on tonight.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to candi123 For This Useful Post:
Old 04-25-2010, 05:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by candi123 View Post
Your fine go ahead and get it all out in the open it helps, everyone has to vent. This is a terrible tradgedy. I am glad that Brittanee and her family has you and all of these people here on their side. I can only image what a help and comfort it must be. Yesteday I had my melt down. I did not want to see today come without a miracle but, the day isn't over. I wasn't expecting news a couple of weeks ago about poi's and that news came, so maybe today news of a arrest will come. I wish I could make those memorial videos like others do for Britt I am hoping someone will make one today so we can kinda have our own little tribute on the web for her. I am going to be lighting a candle for her later on tonight.
I can make one. What would you like included?
Old 04-25-2010, 05:49 AM

Quote:
I can make one. What would you like included?
Oh yeah, Do we have any pics of Britt with her family on the thread anywhere? that would be nice. To let her and her family know she is not forgotten we all still care and want her home.

Any pics are fine she is beautiful in all of them. Do you have a song in mind?
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to candi123 For This Useful Post:
Old 04-25-2010, 06:03 AM

I haven't thought about a song. Any ideas?

I have lots and lots of pics. You're mainly looking for ones of her with family?
Old 04-25-2010, 06:15 AM

Some with family but you can do some with just her I am sure you will make it beautiful. I have been looking for a song and haven't come up with one. The reason I wanted to include family is because the pics from last night is really the first time I saw her sister and brother and the pain was just horrible in their eyes. Dawn and Chad have done such a good job of keeping them out of the spot light (which I agree with) that I had never seen that before and it was heart breaking. I knew Britt had a sister and brother but had only seen climpses of them on the news and things but never up close and last night they just ripped my heart out. They miss their sister so much. I just pray who ever has answers for their family will come forward soon and give them some relief. I don't know how much long they can go on like this.
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to candi123 For This Useful Post:
Old 04-25-2010, 07:20 AM

I have to be gone most of the day. I'll be thinking about you all day long, Brittanee.
Old 04-25-2010, 08:42 AM

Quote:
I do not agree. It would have been nice, but should not have been expected. These kids were not close friends with BD and they have their own lives. Do not judge people when you have no idea what is going on with their own lives.
Old 04-25-2010, 09:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hambone1480 View Post
I do not agree. It would have been nice, but should not have been expected. These kids were not close friends with BD and they have their own lives. Do not judge people when you have no idea what is going on with their own lives.

Thanks for your insight.

Personally, I'd feel a sense of responsibility if a 17 year old girl disappeared from a vacation I took her on. And yes, I am a 20 year old girl, so I can relate to how they think.

I think that when they allowed B to come on vacation with them, she was then a part of "their own lives."

I am friends with the majority of the ROC-MB crew on Facebook and I can see from their status updates and comments about the case that they are very unaffected by the entire thing.
Old 04-25-2010, 10:04 AM

These photos are beautiful...thank you everyone for sharing....what a nice tribute to Brittanee by family, frends and community.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Blondie in Spokane For This Useful Post:
Old 04-25-2010, 10:08 AM

I can understand why they didn't come, they'd have been under a lot of scrutiny.
Old 04-25-2010, 10:10 AM

Thank you for posting all of the pictures, they are amazing.

I couldn't sleep last night either. Praying for you and your family, Brittanee!
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to hlnoftry For This Useful Post:
Old 04-25-2010, 10:18 AM
Back to lurking only......

Praying that this is the week that the responsible party/s are finally arrested and brought to justice and Brittanee is finally brought home- she and her family and friends deserve it!

There comes a point in your life when you realize who matters, who never did, who won't anymore, and who always will. So don't worry about people from your past; there's a reason why they didn't make it to your future.
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to eeyorelrn For This Useful Post:
Old 04-25-2010, 10:19 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hambone1480 View Post
You shouldn't have to be "close friends" with someone to show compassion and empathy. JMO
The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to hlnoftry For This Useful Post:
Old 04-25-2010, 11:09 AM

http://www.thesunnews.com/2010/04/24...filiate.78.JPG
Second row, pic on the right of the little brother is heartbreaking. They all are, but just putting it in perspective, I have a six year old, who number one, adores his older brother. I have watched their relationship evolve completely independent of my own with them as 'my boys' and individually, and it makes my heart soar with pride and true unconditional love I see before my eyes...and then to imagine trying to explain to that little innocent face and heart why he could ever just be 'gone'...? So very, very sad. I hope and pray for resolution for this family.
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to SeaNymph For This Useful Post:
Old 04-25-2010, 11:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeaNymph View Post
http://www.thesunnews.com/2010/04/24...filiate.78.JPG
Second row, pic on the right of the little brother is heartbreaking. They all are, but just putting it in perspective, I have a six year old, who number one, adores his older brother. I have watched their relationship evolve completely independent of my own with them as 'my boys' and individually, and it makes my heart soar with pride and true unconditional love I see before my eyes...and then to imagine trying to explain to that little innocent face and heart why he could ever just be 'gone'...? So very, very sad. I hope and pray for resolution for this family.

I hope this anniversary does not pass without answers Those pictures are heartbreaking. I hope they also make friends, family of the POI (which I like to call POS) turn them in.
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Rochestergirl For This Useful Post:
Old 04-25-2010, 11:52 AM

I don't know what to say. These photos cause a deep aching in my heart for this family.
Thank you all for sharing them with us. My prayers continue for them to have some sort of closure soon.

Numbers,32:23
The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to waltzingmatilda For This Useful Post:
Old 04-25-2010, 12:05 PM

Sending up prayers and hope for drexel family this very sad day for them,,,it was heart breaking yesterday watching the family,friends ,they really had a good turn out and im honored i could join in with the family,,,keep the faith ,Lord will work this out,,,,