Websleuths
Go Back   Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community > Missing!! > Located Forum Discussion

Notices

Located Forum Discussion Discussion for those who were missing and are now located

Closed Thread

Old 05-01-2010, 08:45 PM

Phuong Le was in my RN class. We both graduated last December. It is obvious to all of us who know her that it is not by her choice that she is missing. She has met foul play. We are worried, in shock and frantically searching for her. She was studying at Barnes/Noble because she wanted to advance her career in nursing. She was soon to take a 'critical care nursing course'. Although highly intelligent, she is a very shy and timid young woman. I imagine that if accosted she might not call out loudly enough. I also know that stranger abduction is less likely than abduction by someone familiar with Phuong. As students we were all quite close. As far as we know she did not have a boyfriend, she was close with her family and was very responsible. The information I have of her former boss is vague and nothing to suggest, from Phuong’s side, that there was a romantic liaison with this man. However, in seeing his interview on the news I had a bad feeling about this man.

Phuong’s one goal is to succeed in her profession as a nurse. All of us at one time or another requires the support and care of a nurse – even whoever has caused harm to Phuong. I plead with that person(s) to give Phuong back to her family, her friends and to her future patients.
Old 05-01-2010, 08:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by danisisa View Post
SHe is either hiding out at a hotel or somewhere, or he did the unfathomable...I can see why she would may want to hide because her family would be disgraced, especially in that culture...Oh my, the plot thickened.
This situation still doesn't feel right with the way it all happened....but in general, I could see someone in her situation leaving her family to spare them the disgrace she would bring...in her/her culture's eyes. The thought that her married former boss may have had relations with her though, makes it even more suspicious. Wonder if they have video of him picking her up at the B&N? If she told him she needed to talk, and he came and got her...then I can only imagine what happened next, and it's not good. His whole world coming down on him?

Gabriel Johnson and Sylar Newton. Come home safely Gabriel Johnson! RIP Sweet Sylar.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to kissdegirl For This Useful Post:
Old 05-01-2010, 08:53 PM

Cops can lie to witnesses to encourage them to talk. So I don't put a lot of stock into them saying to her ex-wife's boss, "we think they were having an affair, we think he got her pregnant...."

The ex-boss was the last one to talk to her. I can see them going "that" angle. They have to look at every possible scenario, if just to rule it out.

Doesn't have to be true at all, if it gets them answers they want to hear.

In Memory of Aja D. Johnson:
http://bit.ly/AjaFacebookGroup

In Memory of Ethan Stacy -
http://bit.ly/inmemoryofethan

The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to darlin gal For This Useful Post:
Old 05-01-2010, 08:55 PM
Inactive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Benicia Mom View Post
Phuong Le was in my RN class. We both graduated last December. It is obvious to all of us who know her that it is not by her choice that she is missing. She has met foul play. We are worried, in shock and frantically searching for her. She was studying at Barnes/Noble because she wanted to advance her career in nursing. She was soon to take a 'critical care nursing course'. Although highly intelligent, she is a very shy and timid young woman. I imagine that if accosted she might not call out loudly enough. I also know that stranger abduction is less likely than abduction by someone familiar with Phuong. As students we were all quite close. As far as we know she did not have a boyfriend, she was close with her family and was very responsible. The information I have of her former boss is vague and nothing to suggest, from Phuong’s side, that there was a romantic liaison with this man. However, in seeing his interview on the news I had a bad feeling about this man.

Phuong’s one goal is to succeed in her profession as a nurse. All of us at one time or another requires the support and care of a nurse – even whoever has caused harm to Phuong. I plead with that person(s) to give Phuong back to her family, her friends and to her future patients.
Welcome to Websleuths, Benicia Mom. It's good to have you here. I am so sorry it is under these circumstances. I am so worried about Phuong

Please let me know if there's anything I can help you with.

Thank you for joining us!
BeanE
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to BeanE For This Useful Post:
Old 05-01-2010, 08:55 PM
Armchair Detective

Quote:
Originally Posted by danisisa View Post
I can see why she would may want to hide because her family would be disgraced, especially in that culture.
That is EXACTLY what I told my husband a minute ago. Up till now I thought there was no way a shy little homebody type gal would run away deliberately, but with this latest, I'm not so convinced of that at all. God I just pray she is ok somewhere! Phuong, come home...please.
Old 05-01-2010, 08:58 PM
Go Chicago Bears!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mommy2Sarah View Post
That is EXACTLY what I told my husband a minute ago. Up till now I thought there was no way a shy little homebody type gal would run away deliberately, but with this latest, I'm not so convinced of that at all. God I just pray she is ok somewhere! Phuong, come home...please.
How do you think she ran away? Her car was found in the parking lot and in the trunk her backpack, wallet, license, credit cards were found. moo

Democracy requires the occasional necessity of deferring to the opinions of other people. (Winston Churchill)
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to eyes4crime For This Useful Post:

Run away with no money? no license? no credit cards? no social security card?

I don't buy it. Sorry.

In Memory of Aja D. Johnson:
http://bit.ly/AjaFacebookGroup

In Memory of Ethan Stacy -
http://bit.ly/inmemoryofethan

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to darlin gal For This Useful Post:
Inactive

Here's the news video interview of the ex-boss:
http://cbs13.com/local/missing.woman...2.1663019.html
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to BeanE For This Useful Post:
Old 05-01-2010, 09:00 PM
Go Chicago Bears!

Quote:
Originally Posted by darlin gal View Post
Run away with no money? no license? no credit cards? no social security card?

I don't buy it. Sorry.
And NO car! I don't buy it either!

Democracy requires the occasional necessity of deferring to the opinions of other people. (Winston Churchill)
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to eyes4crime For This Useful Post:
Old 05-01-2010, 09:02 PM

Welcome Benicia Mom...We all want Phuong home and are praying for her safe return. Thank you for joining us here.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Blondie in Spokane For This Useful Post:
Old 05-01-2010, 09:15 PM
Armchair Detective

Quote:
Originally Posted by eyes4crime View Post
How do you think she ran away? Her car was found in the parking lot and in the trunk her backpack, wallet, license, credit cards were found. moo
Good point, and I totally knew all that and I guess that's one of the reasons I never thought she'd left on her own since this started.....sorry I was just completely blindsided by this new development :-(
Old 05-01-2010, 09:16 PM

Benicia Mom, welcome to WS, and, congratulations on surviving nursing school. I am in nursing school, as well, and completely understand the pressure that you all were under.

I was curious - had she been accepted into a program for ICU/CCU? If so, when does it start? Has she missed any time there?

As for being close, yes, I understand that. I am so very sorry for your loss, even if only temporary (I hope it's temporary). We lost our first year class president to a car accident, so I do understand the shock and grief and fear your class is feeling. If you need any support, just let me know, all right?

Best-
Herding Cats
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Herding Cats For This Useful Post:
Old 05-01-2010, 09:28 PM
Go Chicago Bears!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mommy2Sarah View Post
Good point, and I totally knew all that and I guess that's one of the reasons I never thought she'd left on her own since this started.....sorry I was just completely blindsided by this new development :-(
No need to be sorry - although it is a great big wish on all our part, that she just ran away, it doesn't seem likely. moo

Last edited by eyes4crime; 05-01-2010 at 09:40 PM.
Old 05-01-2010, 09:36 PM
WS Super Moderator

Welcome Benicia Mom. I graduated from a BSN program going on 18 years ago. I cannot believe how time has flown. Thanks for sharing that info on your friend with us. She sounds like a sincerely WONDERFUL PERSON and a GREAT NURSE!

I too was and AM very leary of her ex boss. Why would she call him vs one of her girl friends if she was stressed out about work/finding a job??? And why was he one of the photos shown to her brother???

I hope she is hiding somewhere and scared. I hope she can come home safely and sooner would be much better than later.
Old 05-01-2010, 09:51 PM
WS Super Moderator

http://www.sacandco.net/news/local/s...=80614&catid=2

Frustrated family and friends of Phuong Le fanned out across the Fairfield and Suisun City areas Saturday, searching for any sign of the missing 25-year-old nursing school graduate who disappeared last weekend.

After days of focusing their search in and around the area near a Fairfield Barnes and Nobles store were Le was last seen last Sunday night, a handful of volunteers walked the remote marshlands of the Grizzly Island Wildlife area outside Suisun City Saturday.

Le's brother Huong Le said looking around the heavy brush and soggy marshes near Grizzly Island isn't pleasant, but few leads in Le's disappearance, it's important for searchers to look even in places they hope Le is not.

"If we find her out here, that means she is probably not alive," Le said. "It's just rougher every day."
http://www.sacandco.net/news/local/s...=80614&catid=2

they plan on looking in remote areas again tomorrow per this article
Old 05-01-2010, 10:04 PM
Inactive

This statement is in the article nurse just posted and has been in several recently:

Investigators said there is no indication that anyone wanted to harm Le and friends did not think she was involved with any boyfriends.

How does that fit with the info just reported about the ex-boss?
The Following User Says Thank You to BeanE For This Useful Post:
Old 05-01-2010, 10:12 PM
Retired WS Staff

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeanE View Post
Omg!!!

ETA: Yes, that means we can sleuth him now.
The part I'm most curious about is how investigators got the information they supposedly told his wife?

The Following User Says Thank You to panthera For This Useful Post:
Old 05-01-2010, 10:17 PM
Retired WS Staff

Quote:
Originally Posted by nursebeeme View Post
so... this guy was:
1)last call on the cell phone
2)her ex boss and family friend
3)now he may have been her lover/impregnated her
4)was also shown in photo line up of six photos to her brother who was shocked by it.
I have been wondering when LE would get around to him....even without the new revelations. MOO

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to panthera For This Useful Post:
Old 05-01-2010, 10:18 PM
Go Chicago Bears!

Quote:
This statement is in the article nurse just posted and has been in several recently:

Investigators said there is no indication that anyone wanted to harm Le and friends did not think she was involved with any boyfriends.

LE can say anything they want to get information. We have no idea if suggesting pregnancy is a ploy or fact. What if her ex-boss raped her? Can't imagine that he's hiding her - why leave all identification in the car - why leave the car in plain view and in a place family would look? moo

My heart goes out to all who love and care for Phuong Le. She is an inspiration to everyone! moo

Old 05-01-2010, 10:21 PM
Semper Fi

Holy carp on the latest news. I'm hoping lover boy didn't do something drastic to keep his family, particularly his wife, from finding out about a pregnancy. The cops telling his wife about a pregancy was balsey.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to SuziQ For This Useful Post:
Old 05-01-2010, 10:22 PM
Retired WS Staff

Quote:
Originally Posted by eyes4crime View Post
I for one have never thought she ran away and this new information, if at all true, could explain the one big question ~ WHY ~ her belongings would be in the car trunk, if maybe she were meeting with someone that evening. I do have a feeling now that last phone call could've been about a lot more than "passing out flyers". MOO

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to panthera For This Useful Post:
Old 05-01-2010, 10:27 PM
Inactive

If suggesting pregnancy was a ploy, then I'd think they'd say that to him, not his wife. Why upset the wife? And potentially put her in danger?

I guess that's really what I'm not getting. Why they said it to his wife.
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to BeanE For This Useful Post:
Old 05-01-2010, 10:29 PM

Do we know if the ex-boss left his home after 6pm? I could not open that article so not sure if it was mentioned. I had a weird red flag that she called him at all...and that the police would show the brother his photo. Almost as if he had been seen there? Like a line-up?
Also I don't think the police would make up a lie about pregnancy...they might indicate a possible affair...but this would be a bizarre thing to lie about IMO...
Old 05-01-2010, 10:31 PM
Retired WS Staff

Quote:
If suggesting pregnancy was a ploy, then I'd think they'd say that to him, not his wife. Why upset the wife? And potentially put her in danger?

I guess that's really what I'm not getting. Why they said it to his wife.
I don't see it as a ploy either. It seems for LE to say something like that there must be some kind of confirmation ~ and that's why I was wondering where they (LE) got the information. I know they searched her things in the family home, and I believe her computer, so if this report is true, maybe something was found there that she'd put down in writing? MOO

The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to panthera For This Useful Post:
Old 05-01-2010, 10:33 PM
Armchair Detective

Quote:

All I can think of is, given the quiet, shy type of person Phuong is said to be AND especially the fact that he is a married man, then IF it is even true, she may well have kept the relationship secret, even from close friends.