Websleuths
Go Back   Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community > Missing!! > Missing but not forgotten Discussion

Notices

Missing but not forgotten Discussion This Forum is for case discussion and opinion regarding all missing persons who have not been forgotten despite the number of years they have been missing. Many members have loved ones here & need your help to bring them home!

Closed Thread

Old 05-10-2010, 12:49 AM
WS Administrator

WA - Rachael Anderson, 40, Clarkston, 16 April 2010 - #3

Please continue here.

Thread #2

Thread #1

Salem

Last edited by Salem; 05-18-2010 at 06:36 PM. Reason: Fix thread numbers
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Salem For This Useful Post:
Old 05-10-2010, 12:51 AM
WS Administrator

Bringing this over, so it doesn't get missed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by letsgosleuth View Post
Does anyone have the information about the hearing tomorrow? I live near Cd'A and I would like to be there in support of Rachael's family. Any information would be helpful. TIA.
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Salem For This Useful Post:
Old 05-10-2010, 12:52 AM

Thank you Salem.
Old 05-10-2010, 12:52 AM

http://www.facebook.com/?ref=home#!/...&id=1363637588

I think this is an awesome tribute.
Old 05-10-2010, 01:02 AM
No, I cannot see Russia from my house.

Brought over from previous thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by info123 View Post
Coeur d' Alene has a "hitching post" and is VERY popular for quick wedings....in fact I think they have a website...cute little place.....I don't know if they went there specificly or not...but lots and lots of people do...a little more quaint than a justice of the peace...
Totally OT...my parents were married at the Hitching Post 50+++ years ago. Back in those days, most of the couples in the town I lived in (about 80 miles W/NW of Spokane) went to Couer d' Alene to get married. Glad to hear they are still in business.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Alaska4959 For This Useful Post:
Old 05-10-2010, 04:04 AM
It may be the cock that crows, but it is the hen that lays the eggs.

I'm just curious to who "family" is that are coming to testify (on behalf of his character)? We still don't know if he had family there in the area.....or if they are coming from out of state, sending emails or what???

It seems to me they wouldn't let him fly too easily with him being a suspect...nor if he did admit to the harassing---they could charge him for that too. Any crime committed within a felony is NOT good...he took the gun with him that time to go look for her...Did he find her, where and when...like to know that.?? The daughter's could even use Fapone's posts I would think. ??? If RA was scared for her life, then I don't think the daughters would feel too safe at this point....nor others involved with the gun episode. Plus the fact that he was talking to Fapone about moving back to AZ---even tho he still loved RA and didn't want a divorce and was SOOOO involved with the church. I just can't imagine them letting him bond out at this point.. I think there would be quite a stirring. IMO. Maybe a prayer wouldn't hurt before 3 pm tomorrow!!! Or even a show at the court house showing support for RA from a few locals if possible!

Last edited by hollyblue; 05-10-2010 at 04:08 AM.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to hollyblue For This Useful Post:
Old 05-10-2010, 04:55 AM

I see ya down there anyoldtime48, and just want to say your prior post was straight on in many aspects. RA had no clue what he was like.
Old 05-10-2010, 05:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by letsgosleuth

Does anyone have the information about the hearing tomorrow? I live near Cd'A and I would like to be there in support of Rachael's family. Any information would be helpful. TIA.

++++++++++++
Please keep us informed if you go and give the thumbs up to the family also....we'll be thinking about them.
The Following User Says Thank You to hollyblue For This Useful Post:
Old 05-10-2010, 05:22 AM

Thanks for suffering thru my longwindedness!

Is there is a link to mention of CC having family there tomorrow (er, later today)? I can't recall seeing that anywhere. Or is it just church "family" that plan to run to his rescue?

If clients don't keep me tied to computer all day, I might just bop over there, although photos alone of him make me want to urp.

Unfortunately I live within almost spitting distance of that new courthouse and the thought of CC anywhere near my neighborhood, even under po-lice guard flat creeped me out.

Can only imagine what Rachael's family thought of him.

Question is -- will he run off at the mouth too much and eventually trip himself up, or pull a "Josh Powell?" Fapone would know far better than any of us which direction he leans. I don't see him as the smartest cookie in the jar, but that does not preclude him from being one wiley coyote and smooth, smooth, smooth with the lies and manipulation.

Gut tells me he is a little of both, depending on how he can work it to his advantage.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to anyoldtime48 For This Useful Post:
Old 05-10-2010, 05:26 AM

Hearing was reported by media to be at 3pm. New courthouse, if not familiar, is on Mineral Drive north of Hanley, just west of Hwy 95.
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to anyoldtime48 For This Useful Post:
Old 05-10-2010, 09:28 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Salem View Post
Bringing this over, so it doesn't get missed.
[quote=anyoldtime48;5166189]Thanks for suffering thru my longwindedness!

Is there is a link to mention of CC having family there tomorrow (er, later today)? I can't recall seeing that anywhere. Or is it just church "family" that plan to run to his rescue?
If clients don't keep me tied to computer all day, I might just bop over there, although photos alone of him make me want to urp.

Unfortunately I live within almost spitting distance of that new courthouse and the thought of CC anywhere near my neighborhood, even under po-lice guard flat creeped me out.

Question is -- will he run off at the mouth too much and eventually trip himself up, or pull a "Josh Powell?" Fapone would know far better than any of us which direction he leans. I don't see him as the smartest cookie in the jar, but that does not preclude him from being one wiley coyote and smooth, smooth, smooth with the lies and manipulation.

=========

Gut tells me he is a little of both, depending on how he can work it to his advantage.[/QUOTE]

BBM Here is the link---which is RA's daughter's FB page. I haven't read about CC's supporters, but it was said it was there:

http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gi...&v=wall&ref=mf

I believe he's quite the chameleon and plays both sides of the fence...whenever it's self serving.

You certainly know and never forget it when you become involved with someone like this. When the moment of truth finally strikes you, it's not like a light bulb, but rather a shock....I don't know how to explain it well, but it's like your brain, body and whole being-- stop, burn, and the snap of realization hits all at the same time. Everything instantly falls into place and his inner and outer mask match---but you've succeeded in ripping it off---and know them for who they are. Your radar is always on from that point on. And, yep, mine wanted me to quit my job and move to another city and have a financial/investor relative look at MY portfolio. I said no thanks..I liked my job and felt secure in my investing abilities. I was called "little Miss Independent" from that point on. After a about a year and half...one day I was picked up and set upon the kitchen counter...when I tried to get down, I was slapped....(which I didn't think would ever happen) and coming from an abusive first marriage, was not going to let it happen again.. .so I let him know what it felt like and told him to get out. I also told him I "knew" him and what bothered him so bad was the fact that he "knew" that I "knew" him. If something "little" bothers you right off the bat....don't take it lightly----and don't get swept up by the "chivalry and wonderful" the first few weeks..they want to work fast! You ARE being tested, believe me. And if your friends tell you "I don't think he's right for you"... especially your male friends...HEADS UP..they've seen him in a totally male environment--which you never see. Just sayin'

Hope you can make it there today anyoldtime48. RA needs the support. TIA

ETA: Do not try "letting them know what it feels like".....I might have been just lucky.

Last edited by hollyblue; 05-10-2010 at 09:45 AM.
The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to hollyblue For This Useful Post:
Old 05-10-2010, 09:36 AM

[quote=hollyblue;5166636]
Quote:
Originally Posted by anyoldtime48 View Post
Thanks for suffering thru my longwindedness!

=========

Gut tells me he is a little of both, depending on how he can work it to his advantage.[/QUOTE]

BBM Here is the link---which is RA's daughter's FB page. I haven't read about CC's supporters, but it was said it was there:

http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gi...&v=wall&ref=mf

I believe he's quite the chameleon and plays both sides of the fence...whenever it's self serving.

You certainly know and never forget it when you become involved with someone like this. When the moment of truth finally strikes you, it's not like a light bulb, but rather a shock....I don't know how to explain it well, but it's like your brain, body and whole being-- stop, burn, and the snap of realization hits all at the same time. Everything instantly falls into place and his inner and outer mask match---but you've succeeded in ripping it off---and know them for who they are. Your radar is always on from that point on. And, yep, mine wanted me to quit my job and move to another city and have a financial/investor relative look at MY portfolio. I said no thanks..I liked my job and felt secure in my investing abilities. I was called "little Miss Independent" from that point on. After a about a year and half...one day I was picked up and set upon the kitchen counter...when I tried to get down, I was slapped....(which I didn't think would ever happen) and coming from an abusive first marriage, was not going to let it happen again.. .so I let him know what it felt like and told him to get out. I also told him I "knew" him and what bothered him so bad was the fact that he "knew" that I "knew" him. If something "little" bothers you right off the bat....don't take it lightly----and don't get swept up by the "chivalry and wonderful" the first few weeks..they want to work fast! You ARE being tested, believe me. And if your friends tell you "I don't think he's right for you"... especially your male friends...HEADS UP..they've seen him in a totally male environment--which you never see. Just sayin'

Hope you can make it there today anyoldtime48. RA needs the support. TIA
*BBM

THIS I believe is EXACTLY what got to CC on that Friday.... IMO
Old 05-10-2010, 10:06 AM
Defective Detective

Rachael case, Archive album link:

http://s296.photobucket.com/albums/m...el%20Anderson/

"LIKE" CCA: Crankycrankerson Case Archives on facebook, and please share the link: https://www.facebook.com/pages/CCA-C...479258?sk=wall
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to AmandaReckonwith For This Useful Post:
Old 05-10-2010, 10:48 AM

This is from Amber

US federal courthouse 6450 Mineral Drive Coeur d'alene, ID. go north of 95, turn left on w hanley and turn right on mineral drive. Thanks guys

http://www.facebook.com/?ref=home#!/...1683607&ref=ts
Old 05-10-2010, 11:34 AM

Candle lit for RA and family today. Sending positive thoughts and prayers to accomplish the goal today.
Old 05-10-2010, 01:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hollyblue View Post
I'm just curious to who "family" is that are coming to testify (on behalf of his character)? We still don't know if he had family there in the area.....or if they are coming from out of state, sending emails or what???

It seems to me they wouldn't let him fly too easily with him being a suspect...nor if he did admit to the harassing---they could charge him for that too. Any crime committed within a felony is NOT good...he took the gun with him that time to go look for her...Did he find her, where and when...like to know that.?? The daughter's could even use Fapone's posts I would think. ??? If RA was scared for her life, then I don't think the daughters would feel too safe at this point....nor others involved with the gun episode. Plus the fact that he was talking to Fapone about moving back to AZ---even tho he still loved RA and didn't want a divorce and was SOOOO involved with the church. I just can't imagine them letting him bond out at this point.. I think there would be quite a stirring. IMO. Maybe a prayer wouldn't hurt before 3 pm tomorrow!!! Or even a show at the court house showing support for RA from a few locals if possible!
The family would not be able to use anything on here in court. It is all hearsay by anonymous posters. They will only be able to use first hand info. Things they saw, things they heard him say. Then he can denigh it....and it turns into he said she said. All hearsay in inadmissable with very few exceptions and his attorney will have it thrown out.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to info123 For This Useful Post:
Old 05-10-2010, 02:18 PM

This is the actual statute that the federal court must follow if it decides that a defendant should not be released on his own recognizance...

Title 18, United States Code,Section 3142(c). When structuring the release of a defendant under Section 3142(c), the judicial officer must order that the defendant "not commit a Federal, State, or Local crime during the period of release. 18 U.S.C. 3142(c)(1)(A). In addition, the judicial officer must impose the least restrictive condition or combination of conditions necessary to "reasonably assure" the defendant's appearance as required and to "reasonably assure" the safety of any person and the community".
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to info123 For This Useful Post:
Old 05-10-2010, 02:24 PM

Here is the lastest...

http://www.khq.com/Global/story.asp?S=12346336
Old 05-10-2010, 03:27 PM

Question

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1forevry1 View Post
This article states:
Investigators have found Rachael Anderson's cell phone. At this point, according to Clarkston Police Chief, Joel Hastings, they can not say where the phone was found.

bbm. So we really only have rumor and speculation on where the phone was found? I thought it was released that it was found in the Yukon.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to monkeymama For This Useful Post:
Old 05-10-2010, 03:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1forevry1 View Post
This article states:
Investigators have found Rachael Anderson's cell phone. At this point, according to Clarkston Police Chief, Joel Hastings, they can not say where the phone was found.

bbm. So we really only have rumor and speculation on where the phone was found? I thought it was released that it was found in the Yukon.
Old 05-10-2010, 03:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by monkeymama View Post
This article states:

It was very first reported to be found in the Yukon in an artical that printed in Belle Fourche where her family is from and it was a quote from the brother...but there were many other articals that said that as well...so who knows..
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to info123 For This Useful Post:
Old 05-10-2010, 03:49 PM

And this artical reports the Clarkston Police Chief Joel Hastings said it was found in the Yukon

http://www.rapidcityjournal.com/news...cc4c03286.html

This whole case is like a really bad game of telephone.....
The Following User Says Thank You to info123 For This Useful Post:
Old 05-10-2010, 04:04 PM

This artical reports that they were told directly that the phone was found in the suv....

http://www.krem.com/outbound-feeds/y...-91661179.html
The Following User Says Thank You to info123 For This Useful Post:
Old 05-10-2010, 04:22 PM
WS Moderator

It seems that all of the police departments and jurisdictions in this case aren't just confusing for us. Sounds like they're not talking to each other, either. Some know where the phone was found, others don't. And then we originally had the ATF declaring someone a POI. And is the FBI involved or not? Does anyone know? They were supposed to get involved, but I don't remember seeing anything for sure.

Maybe they need to hold a meeting and make sure everyone is on the same page. This is kind of important.

STILL DOING IT FOR DYLAN GROENE. REST IN PEACE:
http://www.amw.com/missing_children/brief.cfm?id=32037

HELP FIND MISSING 7-YEAR-OLD PATRICK ALFORD: http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?t=107247
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to SheWhoMustNotBeNamed For This Useful Post:
Old 05-10-2010, 04:26 PM
Wear Pink & Eat Cake ~ Lauren Giddings

Anyoldtime48, hoping you will be able to attend the hearing. Nothing like a birds-eye view report.

When LE searched the business on April 16, they collected "evidence" and sent it to state crime lab. Note the use of the word "evidence". There are conflicting reports on whether or not he is officially a POI. If he is, I wonder if the status of the results from the state crime lab (thinking they are still waiting) will be mentioned today.

http://www.krem.com/outbound-feeds/y...-91661179.html

Last edited by Knox; 05-10-2010 at 04:31 PM. Reason: add news link
The Following User Says Thank You to Knox For This Useful Post:
Closed Thread