Websleuths
Go Back   Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community > Current Events > Up to the Minute

Notices

Up to the Minute Breaking news happening right now! (This is not for crime news. Please post breaking crime in the "Crimes in the News" forum).

Old 12-06-2010, 12:51 AM
Irony is asking a pathological liar who can and cannot be trusted.

I saw a suicide like this on Nip/Tuck in it's first season. I wonder if she was a fan of the show?

Warning - video shows entire scene. Made me cry as I really liked this character in the show.

The Following User Says Thank You to Disguiseduser0308 For This Useful Post:
Old 12-07-2010, 09:04 AM

Thanks for posting the video, Disguisedused0308 but Oh, my.....that was hard to watch.
Old 12-29-2010, 12:55 PM

I still am upset by the loss of this young girl Erica Blasberg. It seems as though she and Hess were having an affair, that he had led her to believe her that he was going to leave his wife (therefore her happy demeanor the last week of her life) and that he informed her that he was NOT leaving the last weekend of her life, spiralling her into the depths. Coupling this with the fact that he was prescribing strong controlled substances (and his obvious total lack of medical ethics regarding the doctor/patient relationship), I feel he is, to a great extent, culpable for her death. I so hope that Erica's father is able to gather the fortitude to proceed with his civil lawsuit against this bum!

So young, so beautiful, so vulnerable -- he took ahold of her life and threw it away! Shame, shame and double shame.
The Following User Says Thank You to sailorgirl64 For This Useful Post:
Old 12-29-2010, 05:41 PM

Hi sailorgirl...welcome to this thread and to Websleuths!

Sailor....how do you know Erica and the Dr. were having an affair? I'm not questioning you, just wanted to know where to find this info. I figured they were having an affair but had never seen verification of it, and I didn't know the Dr. was married (or maybe I had read that a while back and forgot it!)

When this story broke I did a some research but came across little info, and more recently it seems that there hasn't been much publicized at all regarding their relationship.

Poor Erica, this must have been an awful heartbreak for her.

Glad to have you with us, Sailorgirl!
Old 12-30-2010, 09:34 AM

Hey, Blondie (I'm one, too),

Here's a recent article in Sports Illustrated.

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/vau...11/1/index.htm

If you'll notice in my comment above, I deliberately put in "seems as though" before going into my opinion on Erica and the good Dr. Hess. With Erica gone (and I am sure sworn to secrecy prior to her death) and Hess hoping to avoid censure from Nevada medical examiners, nothing has come to definite light YET. A civil suit, with witnesses on the stand, will hopefully change that.

I just hate to see this guy get away with this selfish disregard of a young, vulnerable girl.

Thanks for the welcome. I appreciate it!
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to sailorgirl64 For This Useful Post:
Old 01-01-2011, 06:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sailorgirl64 View Post

If you'll notice in my comment above, I deliberately put in "seems as though" before going into my opinion on Erica and the good Dr. Hess. With Erica gone (and I am sure sworn to secrecy prior to her death) and Hess hoping to avoid censure from Nevada medical examiners, nothing has come to definite light YET. A civil suit, with witnesses on the stand, will hopefully change that.

I just hate to see this guy get away with this selfish disregard of a young, vulnerable girl.

Great article! Thanks for posting it. Such a sad story.
Old 01-02-2011, 05:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sailorgirl64 View Post

I appreciate the correction/clarification, Sailorgirl, and thanks for the link - the Sports Illustrated article had a lot of info in it I had not read before.

(bbm)
Old 01-02-2011, 09:45 AM
Justice for Morgan

The article is extremely informative. The article mentions a former married man that Erica dated.

Page 5
At some point near the end of her life, Erica had a couple of confrontational phone calls with the wife of her former lover. On the night of May 8 or early the next morning, Erica tried to text-message the man but failed to execute it properly, and he never received the text. In that same time span, Pederson received a terse text from Blasberg saying she wouldn't be making the trip to Alabama.
Hours later Erica was dead.

Read more: http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/vault/article/magazine/MAG1179711/5/index.htm#ixzz19tBKg6Xv

You can choose to be bitter or better when handling your problems.

My posts are just my opinion and for entertainment purposes only.
Do not copy any of my post. All post are to remain here.

Christopher McCandless (aka Alexander Supertramp)
2/12/1968 -8/1992 RIP you are missed.

http://www.bringkyronhome.org/
If you have information about Kyron Horman, please call the Tip Line at 503-261-2847 or dial 911
The Following User Says Thank You to arielilane For This Useful Post: