Websleuths
Go Back   Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community > Crimes and Trials > Currently Awaiting Trial

Notices

Currently Awaiting Trial Where the suspects are in jail, awaiting the start of the trial

Closed Thread

Old 05-12-2010, 03:52 PM

After reading their "love story", I can already see her defense.

She says she had a diabetic episode....one of the 2 life saving acts from her prince. Maybe she was in a diabetic coma when Ethan was killed.

They both seem very proud of the fact that she is able not to provoke his bad boy side. Maybe Ethan wasn't as adept at that. She can claim she wasn't able to stop her groom once provoked. Then she was threatened, yada, yada, yada......
Old 05-12-2010, 03:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by eyes4crime View Post
My guess is that she would have been forever trying to refill the empty tank he has from a 'kidnapped' childhood. I agree, violence is a huge predictor of future violence such as rape and murder, I'm not sure I see the predictive measures one would expect. However, he does seem to have a problem with addiction and that, to me, is very predictive. I continue to want to know what was going on with the two of them that resulted in the murder of her beautiful child. He has a record citing mfr. of illegal substances - that could be crack cocaine, growing marijuana, crystal meth, heroine, LSD, etc. not nice drugs. I have taught courses in the past about street drugs and addiction and I can't help but think this case would fit right in. moo

ETA: Hate to put marijuana in with crack, crystal meth, lsd etc. but they are all schedule I drugs, illegal and a felony. moo
He doesn't say his childhood was kidnapped.....he says his CHILD was kidnapped. I guess during his acrimonious divorce....probably means he lost custody which he describes as "kidnapped". Would LOVE to hear from his ex!
Old 05-12-2010, 04:01 PM
The key to change... is to let go of fear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jon View Post
Please disregard if the Stacy-Sloop wedding page has been linked here previously (it's my first post):

http://weddings.theknot.com/pwp/pwp2...74&pid=8111236

--Jon
Thank you Jon and WELCOME to WS

Now after reading that this is how I feel
Old 05-12-2010, 04:03 PM
The key to change... is to let go of fear

Yeah she is so in LOVE with him, but I can garunantee she has thrown him under the bus on this one .......
Old 05-12-2010, 04:10 PM
Go Chicago Bears!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amster View Post
He doesn't say his childhood was kidnapped.....he says his CHILD was kidnapped. I guess during his acrimonious divorce....probably means he lost custody which he describes as "kidnapped". Would LOVE to hear from his ex!
Thanks - I was confused as to what he meant, didn't know he had been married and had a child. Now it makes sense. I'm sure you are right on, his ex would probably have plenty to say about his proclivity toward violence. All I can say is : THANK GOODNESS HE LOST CUSTODY!

Democracy requires the occasional necessity of deferring to the opinions of other people. (Winston Churchill)
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to eyes4crime For This Useful Post:
Old 05-12-2010, 04:14 PM
Until one has loved a child,part of your soul remains unawakened.

From a post that commented on the story in the Salt Lake Tribune

http://www.sltrib.com/

http://www.ksl.com/index.php?nid=148...&comments=true
WEDNESDAY, May 12, 2010

mommy#2: 5/12/2010 12:25:00 AM +22

My children and Ethan shared the same father. I want everyone to know Ethan would make your heart melt. He was so sweet and love to give you hugs. He was funny and done the cutest little things. I have taken Ethan of many family vacations. Just me, lil man and my children. He called me momma #2. I treated him as my own.
Stephanie on the other hand is evil. I have know her for serveral. She became the stepmother to my children. I have always said she is the type of person that would spit on the ground and drown her own mother in it. But i can't believe she would do nothing while this Nate guy put his hands on Ethan. Even, if this would of never happen today i couldn't say one nice thing about Stephanie. She abandit my ex-husband and Ethan back in Sept 2009 to be with this guy Nathan. Never once did she send money to help out my ex for child expense. She didn't care! My ex thought he was doing the right thing by allowing Ethan to spend time with his mother. Ethan met Nate for the first time with Stephanie brought him up there to Uath. My ex and Stephanie divorce was finalized April 28,2010. She married this murderer 2 days later.
Ethan i know you can hear me and hear our prayer but i am so sorry this happen to you. You didn't deserve this. I don't know why your mother murder you. We will never understand. We love you. Your bubba and sissy are very hurt but i want you to knwo we will be strong for you. You brought a lot of joy to me and anyone you were around. Your daddy is so sorry for letting you go up there. But i promise we all didn't know. I knew your mother was crazy but i didnt know she was that crazy. I promise Ethan she and Nate will be punished for what they did. Love always mommy #2

Last edited by White Hawk; 05-12-2010 at 04:23 PM. Reason: Add direct URL
Old 05-12-2010, 04:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amster View Post
Whoops! Sorry that was my mistake initially...misread the quote.

Also, would be interested in hearing about his life pre SS. Feel so bad for Ethans father, he probably had no idea what kind of situation he was sending his son too. (moo)
Old 05-12-2010, 04:19 PM
Your barkin' up the wrong tree

The tattoo WPS that is listed by LE must stand for redacted name of minor. The boy she is holding in the photos on the wedding site is redacted name of minor. Must be his son from the first marriage. He may not have lost custody. The ex-wife may have felt the need to actually 'kidnap' their son to protect him. My experience with the courts says they gave him visitation and didn't pay attention to his ex-wife. His own son is probably lucky to be alive. JMHO

Last edited by chicoliving; 05-15-2010 at 02:11 AM. Reason: redacted the name of the minor that is not involved
The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to Jaxson For This Useful Post:
Old 05-12-2010, 04:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by eyes4crime View Post
My guess is that she would have been forever trying to refill the empty tank he has from a 'kidnapped' childhood. I agree, violence is a huge predictor of future violence such as rape and murder, I'm not sure I see the predictive measures one would expect. However, he does seem to have a problem with addiction and that, to me, is very predictive. I continue to want to know what was going on with the two of them that resulted in the murder of her beautiful child. He has a record citing mfr. of illegal substances - that could be crack cocaine, growing marijuana, crystal meth, heroine, LSD, etc. not nice drugs. I have taught courses in the past about street drugs and addiction and I can't help but think this case would fit right in. moo

ETA: Hate to put marijuana in with crack, crystal meth, lsd etc. but they are all schedule I drugs, illegal and a felony. moo
BBM, If you look at the pictures of her (on the Wedding Site) from the time she arrived till now she looks like she picked up a drug habit too or she was abused and lost alot of weight from stress. JMO
The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Jamiejy For This Useful Post:
Old 05-12-2010, 04:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ~greeneyedgirl~ View Post
why the rush to get married, was poor Ethan already gone and she didn't want to have to testify against him?
respectfully snipped

I had the same thought about the rushed-ahead wedding. All the wedding sites say July 4th.

But that would mean they killed him almost as soon as he arrived - hard to believe.

RIP precious baby.
The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to maggieo For This Useful Post:
Old 05-12-2010, 04:46 PM
Someone knows what happened to Robert Harrod!

Quote:
Originally Posted by maggieo View Post
respectfully snipped

I had the same thought about the rushed-ahead wedding. All the wedding sites say July 4th.

But that would mean they killed him almost as soon as he arrived - hard to believe.

RIP precious baby.
I guess we will find out when they release the coroner's report. That poor, beautiful little boy. He reminds me of my youngest when he was that age...the little glasses...:-(

All my posts are MOO and nothing but MOO!!!!
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to suzyq211 For This Useful Post:
Old 05-12-2010, 04:47 PM

I found the name of his ex. Won't post it. Seems they were married in Fla. Oct. 99 and moved to Utah. High school sweethearts.
Old 05-12-2010, 04:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SleuthyMama View Post
It's so bizarre to read that Knot wedding page and then have to reconcile it with the fact that these two are responsible for the death of adorable little Ethan.

Just so frightening when you realize how close we literally walk to monsters on a daily basis. We just have no idea what goes on in other people's minds and lives.
I was thinking the same thing just now looking at that web page...they looked like your average engaged couple.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to lillygator For This Useful Post:
Old 05-12-2010, 04:53 PM

http://www.deseretnews.com/article/7...ys-murder.html

Family members are beginning to talk....
Old 05-12-2010, 05:00 PM

Visitation was court ordered!

per link above

Joe, Ethans dad, didn't want to let him go and Ethan didn't want to go......
Old 05-12-2010, 05:08 PM

now they were married may 6th...according to that article...not that it matters really except wondering why they moved up the wedding when it was all planned...

does sound as though father did not want to send little boy to utah, if step-grandma is to be believed...i hate that courts might be responsible...if she had abandoned him for a man as recently as last fall, father should have been able to fight this for a while...jmo
Old 05-12-2010, 05:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ~greeneyedgirl~ View Post
why the rush to get married, was poor Ethan already gone and she didn't want to have to testify against him?
You know, I've been thinking...what's the rush? The wedding site, and other places, indicate that July 4th was the date they set to get married.

Could it be that they got married after Ethan was murdered - because married people cannot testify against their spouses involuntarily? I know that's the case in many states, so Utah may be the same way; the prosecution cannot compell a spouse to testify against the other one.

That is the only reason I can think of to get married "earlier this month" as opposed to the original, set, published date.

Ethan, my heart breaks for you. Enjoy the Arms of God...for He will never forsake you. You and your Dad will be in my thoughts and prayers for some long time to come.

Best-
Herding Cats
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Herding Cats For This Useful Post:
Old 05-12-2010, 05:25 PM
Can't wait for softball and baseball to start :-)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Herding Cats View Post
You know, I've been thinking...what's the rush? The wedding site, and other places, indicate that July 4th was the date they set to get married.

Could it be that they got married after Ethan was murdered - because married people cannot testify against their spouses involuntarily? I know that's the case in many states, so Utah may be the same way; the prosecution cannot compell a spouse to testify against the other one.

That is the only reason I can think of to get married "earlier this month" as opposed to the original, set, published date.

Ethan, my heart breaks for you. Enjoy the Arms of God...for He will never forsake you. You and your Dad will be in my thoughts and prayers for some long time to come.

Best-
Herding Cats
it will be interesting to find out if any family members were told that they got married. I'm betting this was a justice of the peace wedding.

I hope the ME can tell when he was murdered.
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to jnTexas For This Useful Post:
Old 05-12-2010, 05:30 PM
<insert catchy saying here>

Quote:
Originally Posted by RubyRed View Post
I do not see any pics of Ethan on that page at all, even under the photo ones.
And they met on Oct. 8th. She doesn't bother to mention that she adbandoned her husband and child for him.
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to DairyGirl For This Useful Post:
Old 05-12-2010, 05:30 PM
50K reward, Bob Harrod-Missing: Call Det. Radomski 714-993-8176

Quote:
Originally Posted by 'Ailina View Post
From the link Jon supplied...

Written by NS:

Is it just me, or is this a red flag?

Written by SS:

Maybe I'm biased (past personal experience), but this sounds like NS was "humbling" SS, which could be abuse, oppression, and control. NOTE: I'm NOT implying SS is justified in any shape, form, or fashion for doing violence against this innocent little boy! Simply exploring the dysfunctional dynamic of NS & SS's relationship.

And reading their wedding page makes me ill, ill, ILL.

It wasn't just you. Reading that sent red flags to my brain as well.

The other thing that I found odd, and have to go back and find it, but NS refers to his child being kidnapped? Puhlease! I'm not going to further comment on his child..... but I highly doubt it was 'kidnapping' in any legal definition, parental or otherwise.

A grandfather is someone with silver in his hair and gold in his heart. ~Author Unknown

Long Lost Love - Discovery ID - Disappeared - Bob Harrod Case

You can now purchase Mr. Harrod's Disappeared episode through Amazon, iTunes or YouTube.

Websleuths Resource Center

Call Kurtis - Psychics and the Missing
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Cubby For This Useful Post:
Old 05-12-2010, 05:31 PM

Several have noticed that mom looks a little drugged and that this Nate idiot has a drug mfg. charge in his past. I also read (and noted mention here) of Amanda-something's post on the other board. She does seem to have some seemingly good information, and posted that Ethan had been poisoned. Looking at the charges and thinking, and even reading what Ethan's step mom said (that Steph was crazy but that she couldn't imagine her letting Nate hurt Ethan), I give the idea of poison credence. Perhaps step-dad and mom had some bad substances out and about, that Ethan got into. From what I've read on that wedding site, seems like they probably are too wrapped up in each other to pay attention to a sweet little boy. I noticed, too, that while there were no pics of Ethan there, there were pics of her with idiot-Nate's son. I always hate to think someone would purposely set an innocent child up to take something. There have also been those parents who want the kids to be quiet (not seen or heard) and who medicate along those lines and with horrible results. I would have to check again, but the charges lead me to believe that this may be the scenario - something happened, intentional or accidental - and no one thought to get help or it was too late by the time they thought to pay attention. Not calling it in even then leads me to think drugs, of the illegal variety, were involved. Think of being a parent, and your first thought not being of a crushing loss of your child, but of saving your own arse. That's when I realize how some people really aren't parents at all, let alone human beings.
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to krazyfingerzz For This Useful Post:
Old 05-12-2010, 05:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lillygator View Post
I was thinking the same thing just now looking at that web page...they looked like your average engaged couple.
I read that page, and maybe it was my prejudice based on knowing what they did, but I saw two uneducated, semi-literate egotists spouting mumbo-jumbo. Perhaps drugged when they wrote it.

Not at all like the average engaged couple, IMO.

This happened in my town. I was immediately suspicious.

It wasn't just the "walked out five times in ten days" statement (numbers ending in 5 and 0 are an auditor's red flag) ... but the egg-donor's claim that Ethan had found his way back each previous time sealed it.

A four-year-old MAY walk out of an apartment, but if they've only lived there for ten days, how in holy blazes would they find their way back once ... let alone five times in a row? The place is a maze of buildings (LINK)

The complex once was the nicest in town (next door to the then-new mall), but like all others, it's managed thinly to create profit, sold and sold again, and now it's a $500/month haven for some pretty shady people. It's one of those places that makes you go "hmmmm" when you hear of a missing persons case.

Last edited by laytonian; 05-12-2010 at 05:36 PM. Reason: Insert better map link
The Following 14 Users Say Thank You to laytonian For This Useful Post:
Old 05-12-2010, 05:35 PM
<insert catchy saying here>

Quote:
Originally Posted by passionflower View Post
Do we know if little Ethan went every summer to be with his egg donor?
How was he treated in the past with the monsters?
Considering that she adbandoned him ( and her husband) just last Oct. to be with him, I would say this was the first (and last) time he went.
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to DairyGirl For This Useful Post:
Old 05-12-2010, 05:48 PM

Was the info that she abandoned her family on any news site, or just in comments sections from stories? Just wondering...if we know this to be true, or if they could have been separated at the time.
Old 05-12-2010, 05:49 PM
Kind words do not cost much

Quote:
Originally Posted by Herding Cats View Post

Best-
Herding Cats
I found this on priviledged commications:

http://law.justia.com/utah/codes/title78/78_1f009.html

I don't know if there is a clause that is specific to a murder charge of a child of either partner in the marriage. Someone else may know.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Kat For This Useful Post:
Closed Thread