Websleuths
Go Back   Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community > Featured Case Discussion > Caylee Anthony 2 years old

Notices

Caylee Anthony 2 years old Not reported missing for a month after she was last seen.


Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #101  
Old 05-18-2010, 11:20 AM
Patty G's Avatar
Patty G Patty G is offline
Retired WS Staff
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Florida
Posts: 16,568
Quote:
Originally Posted by sunsetbeach View Post
Not sure where to ask this question but when is this next hearing?
There is a status hearing on 06/21/2010 @1:30 PM. Unless another hearing is scheduled before then OR I missed a date!
__________________
Pekingese "Best Of Show" 2012
The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to Patty G For This Useful Post:
  #102  
Old 05-18-2010, 11:35 AM
Cher352's Avatar
Cher352 Cher352 is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Central FL
Posts: 2,385
Quote:
Originally Posted by Patty G View Post
There is a status hearing on 06/21/2010 @1:30 PM. Unless another hearing is scheduled before then OR I missed a date!
You know it would be great if we had a sticky thread showing all the scheduled court dates. I know I have trouble keeping track of them too.
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Cher352 For This Useful Post:
  #103  
Old 05-18-2010, 11:53 AM
Patty G's Avatar
Patty G Patty G is offline
Retired WS Staff
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Florida
Posts: 16,568
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cher352 View Post
You know it would be great if we had a sticky thread showing all the scheduled court dates. I know I have trouble keeping track of them too.
If we don't have a Court Date Thread, you can start one and then ask a mod to make it a sticky.
__________________
Pekingese "Best Of Show" 2012
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Patty G For This Useful Post:
  #104  
Old 05-18-2010, 11:54 AM
beach's Avatar
beach beach is offline
Admin
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: the Plains & Jordan-Hare stadium
Posts: 13,652
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cher352 View Post
You know it would be great if we had a sticky thread showing all the scheduled court dates. I know I have trouble keeping track of them too.

Per JBean's suggestion, I have posted all of them on the Caylee calendar in the Resource forum. I try to keep up with them through the Today's News thread and the Ninth Circuit website. If anyone sees a new one that I haven't added, go ahead and stick it on there, please! Or, pm me with it and I will be happy to add it.


As of now, they are all on there all the way through April 2011. So far, all are Status hearings left that have been ordered.


Here is the link to the Calendar.

http://www.websleuths.com/forums/cal...r=2008&do=&c=4

If you add a hearing date, just be careful what month/year you enter it in. The default is set for 2008 (when the case began). At the bottom, there is a 'Jump To' option where you need to select the month/year.
__________________
Never interrupt your opponent when they are making a mistake.

Last edited by beach; 05-18-2010 at 12:19 PM.
The Following 14 Users Say Thank You to beach For This Useful Post:
  #105  
Old 05-18-2010, 12:17 PM
Kathy1964 Kathy1964 is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Posts: 313
Quote:
Originally Posted by beach2yall View Post
Per JBean's suggestion, I have posted all of them on the Caylee calendar in the Resource forum. I try to keep up with them through the Today's News thread and the Ninth Circuit website. If anyone sees a new one that I haven't added, go ahead and stick it on there, please! Or, pm me with it and I will be happy to add it.


As of now, they are all on there all the way through April 2011. So far, all are Status hearings left that have been ordered.
Where is the Resource forum?
The Following User Says Thank You to Kathy1964 For This Useful Post:
  #106  
Old 05-18-2010, 12:21 PM
beach's Avatar
beach beach is offline
Admin
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: the Plains & Jordan-Hare stadium
Posts: 13,652
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kathy1964 View Post
Where is the Resource forum?


Look up, one post above.

Sorry, I should have thought to do that in the first place. I edited to add the Calendar link.

HTH
__________________
Never interrupt your opponent when they are making a mistake.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to beach For This Useful Post:
  #107  
Old 05-18-2010, 12:25 PM
beach's Avatar
beach beach is offline
Admin
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: the Plains & Jordan-Hare stadium
Posts: 13,652
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kathy1964 View Post
Where is the Resource forum?
http://www.websleuths.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=233


I added the calendar link to my earlier post, but this is a direct link to the Resource forum. Lots of good stuff in there!
__________________
Never interrupt your opponent when they are making a mistake.
The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to beach For This Useful Post:
  #108  
Old 05-18-2010, 01:31 PM
Reagan's Avatar
Reagan Reagan is offline
How does it feel to be a liar with pants constantly on fire?!
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Denver
Posts: 817
Quote:
Originally Posted by The World According View Post
Hi Muzikman,

He purposely left the depo incomplete, so he could call him back at another date. Sneaky little move, since clearly he had gotten everything he needed out of him already. I must find it for you, the epitome of him knowing what he did with the Kronk family members would never be admitted into evidence. Finally a reporter asked him a follow up question that we all are throwing things at the TV screen , yelling , ask him this, for the love of God. He had the cat that got the canary look while excited the news stations were playing these selected interview clips. Finally the host asked him, sir...ah...these could never come into the trial because the situations they are recounting are heresay and far too remote in time, right? A look of fear shot across his face for just half a second, he quickly recovered and just shrugged his shoulders, careful not to admit it audibly so as not to be quoted. It was the ok, you got me shrug. I must find that clip and put it in my signature line or post it once a month until everyone has seen it. I laughed so hard when he did that, some of my co workers down the hall came into my office with that I'll have what Julia's having look.
I wanted the look of "I'll have what Julia's having", but the link I watched in your sig was Cheny M stating that now that Caylee's body is found, it is easy to predict LWOP for Casey. That they could plea now and get it over with, or have a circus and a trial.
Funny that he jumped on the circus bandwagon. And not funny ha-ha, but funny wtf-is-the-matter-with-people.
The Following 16 Users Say Thank You to Reagan For This Useful Post:
  #109  
Old 05-18-2010, 01:58 PM
cecybeans's Avatar
cecybeans cecybeans is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Posts: 2,320
Wow TWA - you're so on it, Bluebonnet! I think you are in the running for MVP!

That is really valuable stuff. Actually, what I meant was a post that RH made here a while back (IIRC) or something in print, in which he described a specific case he worked on in which a client had to file for indigency in the middle of things (the defendant's mother had taken out a second mortgage on the house and it ran out). He said that many attorneys refuse to take such cases because of the herculean effort it takes to document and justify the expenditures. He described how specific he had to be in verifying what had already been spent to the JAC and that if an attorney was deemed by the JAC to have misspent the original funds or the monies spent did not show prioritizing of client and case needs, that disciplinary action up to and including disbarment could occur, IIRC. I went back through his posts and couldn't find it but may look again when I get more time to browse. Thanks again though for your excellent compendium of research you put together for us each and every day!
__________________
"Anyone who has the power to make you believe absurdities has the power to make you commit injustices" - Voltaire
The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to cecybeans For This Useful Post:
  #110  
Old 05-18-2010, 02:47 PM
kaRN's Avatar
kaRN kaRN is offline
Verified Health Professional - Registered Nurse
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Where the Mayor smokes crack
Posts: 4,410
Quote:
Originally Posted by technicalconfusion View Post
I have to disagree. Considering there were defense experts (Henry Lee, the Bones Lady, a couple of others) at the scene on the day Caylee was found tells me they knew zactly what they needed...
Poor Koby. He had such a good thing going for himself on NG nightly pleading KC's guilt for months on end until he jumped ship, prolly with the promise of a big financial payoff. How much money does it take for a scientific expert to betray a murdered 2 year old I wonder?
__________________

Injustice for Caylee Marie Anthony.

Copyright that Cindy

Unless someone like you cares a whole awful lot. Nothing is going to get better. It's not. Dr. Suess
The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to kaRN For This Useful Post:
  #111  
Old 05-18-2010, 10:02 PM
ZsaZsa ZsaZsa is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Posts: 8,719
Quote:
Originally Posted by kaRN View Post
Poor Koby. He had such a good thing going for himself on NG nightly pleading KC's guilt for months on end until he jumped ship, prolly with the promise of a big financial payoff. How much money does it take for a scientific expert to betray a murdered 2 year old I wonder?
Yes, NG was shocked, as was her audience, to hear him so publicly backtracking on what he said. He hasn't appeared on her show since.
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to ZsaZsa For This Useful Post:
  #112  
Old 05-18-2010, 11:03 PM
Muzikman's Avatar
Muzikman Muzikman is offline
ROCKIN!
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Orlando
Posts: 2,068
Quote:
Originally Posted by whiteangora View Post
I'm a bit surprised that Baez has not included James Thompson on his depo schedule. JT is on the State's witness list and if he really saw what he claims I believe he will be a key witness.
Link to State's witness list:
http://www.docstoc.com/docs/31909330...-March-28-2010
FYI, that is not an official list, it is one someone put together and included people interviewed, etc. There are names on it that are not on the State's official witness list.
__________________
www.amazon.com/shops/Grand_Media


"This pretense of ignorance is getting old." - JA
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Muzikman For This Useful Post:
  #113  
Old 05-18-2010, 11:06 PM
whiteangora's Avatar
whiteangora whiteangora is offline
I'm on the right track baby. I was "Born This Way"
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Memphis, TN
Posts: 5,777
Quote:
Originally Posted by Muzikman View Post
FYI, that is not an official list, it is one someone put together and included people interviewed, etc. There are names on it that are not on the State's official witness list.
ARGH! That's the second time that list has fooled me!
I'll delete my post.
ETA- Ya know there's a link to that hinky list here in the Resource Forum
__________________
Neighborhood Watch is...
NOT the Vigilante Police
http://www.sanfordfl.gov/investigati...PowerPoint.pdf




The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to whiteangora For This Useful Post:
  #114  
Old 05-18-2010, 11:06 PM
Muzikman's Avatar
Muzikman Muzikman is offline
ROCKIN!
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Orlando
Posts: 2,068
Quote:
Originally Posted by Patty G View Post
You would think that the press would remove the addresses of the witnesses.
You would also think that Baez would at least get correct addresses!

There are several that are WAY out of date. Looks like he just took them from the State's list, which came out in Nov 08 IIRC.


I'd be willing to bet that he has not contacted some of those people and set up their depos. Just put them down as ones he WANTED to depo.
__________________
www.amazon.com/shops/Grand_Media


"This pretense of ignorance is getting old." - JA
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Muzikman For This Useful Post:
  #115  
Old 05-18-2010, 11:07 PM
Muzikman's Avatar
Muzikman Muzikman is offline
ROCKIN!
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Orlando
Posts: 2,068
Quote:
Originally Posted by whiteangora View Post
ARGH! That's the second time that list has fooled me!
I'll delete my post.
No need to delete, it is kind of a handy reference.

I'll look around, I'm sure I have the official list somewhere....
__________________
www.amazon.com/shops/Grand_Media


"This pretense of ignorance is getting old." - JA
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Muzikman For This Useful Post:
  #116  
Old 05-18-2010, 11:09 PM
Muzikman's Avatar
Muzikman Muzikman is offline
ROCKIN!
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Orlando
Posts: 2,068
Quote:
Originally Posted by The World According View Post
Hi Muzikman,

He purposely left the depo incomplete, so he could call him back at another date. Sneaky little move, since clearly he had gotten everything he needed out of him already. I must find it for you, the epitome of him knowing what he did with the Kronk family members would never be admitted into evidence. Finally a reporter asked him a follow up question that we all are throwing things at the TV screen , yelling , ask him this, for the love of God. He had the cat that got the canary look while excited the news stations were playing these selected interview clips. Finally the host asked him, sir...ah...these could never come into the trial because the situations they are recounting are heresay and far too remote in time, right? A look of fear shot across his face for just half a second, he quickly recovered and just shrugged his shoulders, careful not to admit it audibly so as not to be quoted. It was the ok, you got me shrug. I must find that clip and put it in my signature line or post it once a month until everyone has seen it. I laughed so hard when he did that, some of my co workers down the hall came into my office with that I'll have what Julia's having look.
J, did you ever find this video? Would love to watch and catch what you were referencing...
__________________
www.amazon.com/shops/Grand_Media


"This pretense of ignorance is getting old." - JA
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Muzikman For This Useful Post:
  #117  
Old 05-18-2010, 11:11 PM
sleutherontheside's Avatar
sleutherontheside sleutherontheside is offline
Retired WS Staff
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: In the sunshine.
Posts: 9,882
Quote:
Originally Posted by Muzikman View Post
You would also think that Baez would at least get correct addresses!

There are several that are WAY out of date. Looks like he just took them from the State's list, which came out in Nov 08 IIRC.


I'd be willing to bet that he has not contacted some of those people and set up their depos. Just put them down as ones he WANTED to depo.

I'd be willing to bet that he did just that............and what would be HIGHLARIOUS would be if the SA in the future, purposely misspelled or transposed numbers to trip him up. HeeHee
The Following 13 Users Say Thank You to sleutherontheside For This Useful Post:
  #118  
Old 05-19-2010, 12:02 AM
Bobo's Avatar
Bobo Bobo is offline
Avoid Contempt Before Prior Investigation
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Hither & Yon
Posts: 174
Snipped respect MM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Muzikman View Post

I'd be willing to bet that he has not contacted some of those people and set up their depos. Just put them down as ones he WANTED to depo.
Over on the Ask the Lawyers thread, recent posts seem to indicate that this very thing did happen.

The fact that they have about 9 depos "scheduled" (riiiight) on the Fridays before major holidays does not sound right. Also noticed that nearly all depo dates are on Fridays. Can only remember one depo day not on a Friday.
The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Bobo For This Useful Post:
  #119  
Old 05-19-2010, 12:08 AM
Muzikman's Avatar
Muzikman Muzikman is offline
ROCKIN!
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Orlando
Posts: 2,068
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bobo View Post
Snipped respect MM


Over on the Ask the Lawyers thread, recent posts seem to indicate that this very thing did happen.

The fact that they have about 9 depos "scheduled" (riiiight) on the Fridays before major holidays does not sound right. Also noticed that nearly all depo dates are on Fridays. Can only remember one depo day not on a Friday.
Yeah, I saw that on the Lawyers thread.

I would bet big money that if Judge Perry were to call the people on Baez's depo list tomorrow, IMO he would find a number of them that have no idea they're about to be depoed.
__________________
www.amazon.com/shops/Grand_Media


"This pretense of ignorance is getting old." - JA
  #120  
Old 05-19-2010, 09:51 AM
The World According The World According is offline
Inactive
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Posts: 3,719
Quote:
Originally Posted by Muzikman View Post
Yeah, I saw that on the Lawyers thread.

I would bet big money that if Judge Perry were to call the people on Baez's depo list tomorrow, IMO he would find a number of them that have no idea they're about to be depoed.
Do you remember when the defense produced, literally, a copy of the state's witness list as their own? The state made a motion to strike it, and the judge promptly did so. I agree with you about Judge Perry. Where Judge Strickland had the style of trusting the lawyers, as officers of the court, I think this judge is more of the Ronald Reagan theory, "Trust but verify". There will be no nonsense tolerated. If Baez has not figured that out, I know Mason has. How much rope he will give Baez to hang himself so that he can take over the case is my only question.

Obviously the proper service to Tony would be not only his last known address, but to his lawyer. What in the world?!!!!!!
The Following 14 Users Say Thank You to The World According For This Useful Post:
  #121  
Old 05-21-2010, 07:22 AM
Jomo's Avatar
Jomo Jomo is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Montreal
Posts: 1,030
Quote:
Originally Posted by Muzikman View Post
This is what I've found:

Already deposed, they want to depose again:
Anthony Lazzaro - Oct 2008
Richard Cain - March/April 2009
Roy Kronk - November 2009
John Allen - March 9 2010 (not sure if this was actually done, filed a notice to)
Eric Edwards - March 10 2010 (not sure if done, filed a notice to)


Also deposed:
Tow-yard people: Catherine Sanchez, Simon Burch, Nicole Lett, and Gary Ridgeway - Oct 2008

Sergeant Dennis Moonsammy, Lt. Billy Richardson, Lt. Tammy Uncer, Officer Marlene Baker, Awilda McBryde, and Jerold White; Kio Cruz, Jim Hoover, Alex Roberts - March/April 2009

Phillip Graves, William Procknow, Edward Turso, Leonard Turtora, and Adriana Acevedo - May 2009

Adriana Acevedo, Matt Irwin - March 8, 2010
Appling Wells - March 11, 2010

A number of FBI analysts - April 2010

.
Which depositions were for the civil case and which were for the murder case? I would think that they would be allowed to do two separate depositions for the two different crimes.

I remember some of these people being called because ZFG's lawyer was trying to prove that KC made up the Zanny the nanny story to prove damages.

I'm really looking forwards to some of these depositions (grandma and uncle in particular) even though I have read the statements.

I think Baez & co. delayed taking these depositions because they want time to go by and then can claim to the jury that it is nearly impossible to rely on such stale memories...reasonable doubt. He probably didn't want to dip into his share of blood money to pay for them either and waited for state to pay for it.

I have a question here as well.

As I understand it, depositions are meant to explore what people know so the lawyers can best plan their cases. How is a deposition more important than statements taken at the time of the reported crime? What is the big deal about all of these depositions? Do they even need to happen if a prior statement exists? Save money and only depot people what have no prior statements!
__________________
It's the journey, not the destination.
The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Jomo For This Useful Post:
  #122  
Old 05-21-2010, 08:06 AM
Patty G's Avatar
Patty G Patty G is offline
Retired WS Staff
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Florida
Posts: 16,568
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jomo View Post
Which depositions were for the civil case and which were for the murder case? I would think that they would be allowed to do two separate depositions for the two different crimes.

I remember some of these people being called because ZFG's lawyer was trying to prove that KC made up the Zanny the nanny story to prove damages.


I have a question here as well.

As I understand it, depositions are meant to explore what people know so the lawyers can best plan their cases. How is a deposition more important than statements taken at the time of the reported crime? What is the big deal about all of these depositions? Do they even need to happen if a prior statement exists? Save money and only depot people what have no prior statements!
IMO, The Civil Trial has a different lead attorney representing Casey Anthony so if the Civil attorneys want to depose any of the witnesses in the Murder Case, then they are allowed to do so. I have not heard that Casey filed "indingency" in the Civil Trial.


Here is a link explaining the difference between "statements" and depositions".
http://www.whitfieldlaw.com/document...E5439B025D.pdf
__________________
Pekingese "Best Of Show" 2012
The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Patty G For This Useful Post:
  #123  
Old 05-21-2010, 08:28 AM
Muzikman's Avatar
Muzikman Muzikman is offline
ROCKIN!
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Orlando
Posts: 2,068
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jomo View Post
Which depositions were for the civil case and which were for the murder case? I would think that they would be allowed to do two separate depositions for the two different crimes.

I remember some of these people being called because ZFG's lawyer was trying to prove that KC made up the Zanny the nanny story to prove damages.

I'm really looking forwards to some of these depositions (grandma and uncle in particular) even though I have read the statements.

I think Baez & co. delayed taking these depositions because they want time to go by and then can claim to the jury that it is nearly impossible to rely on such stale memories...reasonable doubt. He probably didn't want to dip into his share of blood money to pay for them either and waited for state to pay for it.

I have a question here as well.

As I understand it, depositions are meant to explore what people know so the lawyers can best plan their cases. How is a deposition more important than statements taken at the time of the reported crime? What is the big deal about all of these depositions? Do they even need to happen if a prior statement exists? Save money and only depot people what have no prior statements!
All of those were depos for the murder trial.

To my knowledge, the defense has not depoed anyone for the civil trial. Don't think they depoed anyone for the Fraud trial either.

A lawyer will have to answer your question about statements vs depos... I'm interested in the answer to that myself!
__________________
www.amazon.com/shops/Grand_Media


"This pretense of ignorance is getting old." - JA
The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Muzikman For This Useful Post:
  #124  
Old 05-21-2010, 08:28 AM
Jomo's Avatar
Jomo Jomo is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Montreal
Posts: 1,030
Quote:
Originally Posted by Patty G View Post
IMO, The Civil Trial has a different lead attorney representing Casey Anthony so if the Civil attorneys want to depose any of the witnesses in the Murder Case, then they are allowed to do so. I have not heard that Casey filed "indingency" in the Civil Trial.


Here is a link explaining the difference between "statements" and depositions".
http://www.whitfieldlaw.com/document...E5439B025D.pdf
Thanks for that Patty, (from another Patti )

Just a note that I had read a response from AZlawyer that it is not possible for someone to file indigency in a civil trial.

Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community - View Single Post - Legal questions for our VERIFIED lawyers on the board
__________________
It's the journey, not the destination.
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Jomo For This Useful Post:
  #125  
Old 05-21-2010, 06:14 PM
Muzikman's Avatar
Muzikman Muzikman is offline
ROCKIN!
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Orlando
Posts: 2,068
Here is the defense's Motion for Transcription filed 5/14. They want transcripts from 8 LE depositions that they've done.

a. Appling Wells
b. Adriana Acevedo
c. Matt Irwin
d. Lome Gottesman
e. Steven Shaw
f. Karen Lowe
g. Elizabeth Fontaine
h. Heather Seubert

http://www.docstoc.com/docs/39566240...-Transcription


Anyone remember Michelle Medina, esquire? She's listed on the fax page along with Baez.
.
__________________
www.amazon.com/shops/Grand_Media


"This pretense of ignorance is getting old." - JA
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Muzikman For This Useful Post:
Closed Thread

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Dominic Casey: Motion to Strike Notice of Deposition & Motion for Protective Order#2 The World According Caylee Anthony 2 years old 566 07-10-2011 07:49 PM
Dominic Casey: Motion to Strike Notice of Deposition & Motion for Protective Order#1 The World According Caylee Anthony 2 years old 557 05-18-2010 01:57 PM
Does the State's Case Have Any Weaknesses? What Are They? Mendara Caylee Anthony 2 years old 161 04-17-2009 03:19 PM
Another Infant Dies While in State's Care Alice253 Up to the Minute 2 01-22-2006 08:39 PM


© Copyright Websleuths 1999-2012 New To Site? Need Help?
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.1
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
All times are GMT -4. The time now is 11:53 AM.

Advertisements

Pre-Order Imperfect Justice: Prosecuting Casey Anthony today!