Websleuths
Go Back   Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community > Featured Case Discussion > Hot Cases > Susan Cox Powell

Notices

Susan Cox Powell Missing from West Valley City, Utah, and last seen on December 6, 2009.


Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #26  
Old 06-23-2010, 03:32 PM
PickieChickie PickieChickie is offline
Banned
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Posts: 1,465
Quote:
Originally Posted by TGIRecovered View Post
I suspect that Josh would be tracking her down looking for alimony and child support...after all she was the one who was supporting the family.

I think someone who wanted to mess with Steven Powell's mind probably made some kind of sarcastic statement about Susan running off, just to see his reaction. Can you even imagine how irritating he must be in person? "Yeah, yeah Steven, we know- Susan just ran off in the middle of the night with no car, no money, none of her clothes or belongings, and left her babies with Josh...because Susan knows how good he is at caring and providing for his children! You are right- we believe you!"
No kidding! If Steve and Josh Powell really believe Susan ran off, as angry as both of them appear to get, they would be spewing about what a terrible mother Susan was to run off and abandon her family and to leave everyone worrying that she is dead.

Try all you want, Steve and Josh Powell. You'll never convince anyone that Susan ran off with a rich man who is supplying her every need and that she didn't take one thing with her, that she felt the best time to vanish was after Josh told her he was taking the boys to go camping in the middle of the night during 20 degree weather on a Sunday when Josh was to be at work several hours later, that she would let her parents and friends worry themselves sick all this time as well as make her little boys think she abandoned them.
Reply With Quote
The Following 17 Users Say Thank You to PickieChickie For This Useful Post:
  #27  
Old 06-24-2010, 08:23 AM
PickieChickie PickieChickie is offline
Banned
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Posts: 1,465
Quote:
Originally Posted by PickieChickie View Post
No kidding! If Steve and Josh Powell really believe Susan ran off, as angry as both of them appear to get, they would be spewing about what a terrible mother Susan was to run off and abandon her family and to leave everyone worrying that she is dead.

Try all you want, Steve and Josh Powell. You'll never convince anyone that Susan ran off with a rich man who is supplying her every need and that she didn't take one thing with her, that she felt the best time to vanish was after Josh told her he was taking the boys to go camping in the middle of the night during 20 degree weather on a Sunday when Josh was to be at work several hours later, that she would let her parents and friends worry themselves sick all this time as well as make her little boys think she abandoned them.
If Susan was alive, she would have come out of hiding to file for custody of sons to get them away from the sick men they are living with!

Last edited by hoppyfrog; 10-10-2010 at 04:19 PM. Reason: names
Reply With Quote
The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to PickieChickie For This Useful Post:
  #28  
Old 06-24-2010, 08:41 AM
JLMcKenna83's Avatar
JLMcKenna83 JLMcKenna83 is online now
LOL ≠ Lots of Luck
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Central New York
Posts: 1,430
There is absolutely no way that Susan is in hiding. Josh killed her. Plain and simple. We're talking about a woman who loved her children so much that she was willing to ride a bicycle to work to support them and she planted a garden just to make sure they had nutritious food. These are not the traits of a woman who is going to just run away and leave her children. (Not even to come back for them on a later date...) I believe Susan had gotten fed up, she and Josh got into a fight (she possibly said I'm leaving and taking the kids...) and he killed her.

It's just a coincidence that Susan leaves the night that he takes his kids "camping" at an undisclosed location (which he can't remember where this campsite is?) at midnight in the middle of the winter? Don't think so! It's a coincidence that Josh comes back from the camping trip with windburn/frostbite so bad that his hands are neon red and chapped? nuh uh. It's a coincidence that Susan is missing and there's a wet spot on the carpet with fans blowing on it and a comforter missing? Don't think so! It's a coincidence that while his van is impounded, Josh rents a car and puts hundreds of miles on it almost overnight? COME ON! It's a coincidence that very shortly after Susan "runs away" Josh moves to his father's house? Nope! I'm very very sorry and I don't usually do this, but if this were any other state, Josh would be arrested. Why hasn't he been arrested yet?
__________________
R.I.P Jenni-Lyn Watson


"The test of the morality of a society is what it does for its children." ~Dietrich Bonhoeffer
"From the deepest desires often come the deadliest hate." ~Socrates
Reply With Quote
The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to JLMcKenna83 For This Useful Post:
  #29  
Old 06-24-2010, 08:48 AM
ckwood32 ckwood32 is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Carmel, Indiana
Posts: 784
When is this clown going to be arrested?????
Reply With Quote
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to ckwood32 For This Useful Post:
  #30  
Old 06-24-2010, 08:51 AM
iluvmua's Avatar
iluvmua iluvmua is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: DFW
Posts: 4,813
I hope they arrest Josh SOON. it's VERY obvious that he killed Susan.

It's only a matter of time before they arrest him and charge him with 1st degree murder.

Does anybody know why they have not arrested him yet?
Reply With Quote
  #31  
Old 06-24-2010, 09:28 AM
PickieChickie PickieChickie is offline
Banned
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Posts: 1,465
Quote:
Originally Posted by JLMcKenna83 View Post
There is absolutely no way that Susan is in hiding. Josh killed her. Plain and simple. We're talking about a woman who loved her children so much that she was willing to ride a bicycle to work to support them and she planted a garden just to make sure they had nutritious food. These are not the traits of a woman who is going to just run away and leave her children. (Not even to come back for them on a later date...) I believe Susan had gotten fed up, she and Josh got into a fight (she possibly said I'm leaving and taking the kids...) and he killed her.

It's just a coincidence that Susan leaves the night that he takes his kids "camping" at an undisclosed location (which he can't remember where this campsite is?) at midnight in the middle of the winter? Don't think so! It's a coincidence that Josh comes back from the camping trip with windburn/frostbite so bad that his hands are neon red and chapped? nuh uh. It's a coincidence that Susan is missing and there's a wet spot on the carpet with fans blowing on it and a comforter missing? Don't think so! It's a coincidence that while his van is impounded, Josh rents a car and puts hundreds of miles on it almost overnight? COME ON! It's a coincidence that very shortly after Susan "runs away" Josh moves to his father's house? Nope! I'm very very sorry and I don't usually do this, but if this were any other state, Josh would be arrested. Why hasn't he been arrested yet?
I agree. Two corrections:

1.) After returning from renting the car, Josh's hands were bright red and, according to Peterson, a friend who Josh stopped by to visit, had the worst case of wind burn he'd ever seen.

2.) Josh had to buy a new comforter because law enforcement took it when they conducted a search on the Powell's West Valley City home. (He bought it at WalMart along with new clothes and a cell phone, purchases he was talking about making to Peterson on the same day he had the wind burned hands.)

Quotes from news article:

Tim Petersen, Powell's neighbor tells ABC 4 news that Powell came over to their house on Wednesday evening, just days after Susan disappeared and told them about a new phone he bought and asked for a ride to pick up his minivan. Petersen said, "We asked about Susan but he didn't want to talk about her. He only wanted to talk about his new clothes and phone."

Petersen also says when Powell came to his house he had the worst case of wind burned he'd ever seen. Petersen said they were bright red and he had a bottle of lotion with him and kept applying it on his hands.

Police took Powell's van Monday night, between that night and Wednesday Powell put hundreds of miles on his rental car. Petersen thinks he may have gone back to the campground. "I just kind of speculate he went out there again and I wonder why would someone do that?"

But, if Powell did go back out there that could explain his red hands. That Monday was bitter cold, in the middle of the first wave of a major storm and the wind chills in the area were in the low teens.

NOTE: This article doesn't mention the comforter purchase but I remember reading that's why he bought a new one and thinking that it was pretty irresponsible to be spending all that money when he wouldn't have Susan's income to pay the mortgage, etc.

If the comforter was missing from Josh and Susan's bed when the police broke the window to gain entry and who allowed people who knew Susan and Josh well into the home, I think as "big a deal" would have been made about the missing comforter as the two fans blowing on the wet spot.

It is clear the people went into Josh and Susan's bedroom because Susan's purse, keys and cell phone were on the bed, according to someone who was allowed in the house at that time. (I think it was Jennifer Graves, Susan's sister-in-law. You can refer to the thread "Questions I'd like to ask Susan Powell's family and friends where I believe Jennifer's husband, Kirk Graves, answered a question about the cell phone, keys and purse.)

Source: http://www.abc4.com/mostpopular/stor...W2iYi34wA.cspx
Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to PickieChickie For This Useful Post:
  #32  
Old 06-24-2010, 09:32 AM
JLMcKenna83's Avatar
JLMcKenna83 JLMcKenna83 is online now
LOL ≠ Lots of Luck
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Central New York
Posts: 1,430
I wonder why LE didn't have someone following him when he rented the car... How can one UT PD get things so right (Ethan) and one get them so very very wrong (Susan)?
__________________
R.I.P Jenni-Lyn Watson


"The test of the morality of a society is what it does for its children." ~Dietrich Bonhoeffer
"From the deepest desires often come the deadliest hate." ~Socrates
Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to JLMcKenna83 For This Useful Post:
  #33  
Old 06-24-2010, 09:45 AM
PickieChickie PickieChickie is offline
Banned
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Posts: 1,465
Quote:
Originally Posted by JLMcKenna83 View Post
I wonder why LE didn't have someone following him when he rented the car... How can one UT PD get things so right (Ethan) and one get them so very very wrong (Susan)?
The West Valley City police chief said he wasn't aware Josh had rented a car and they weren't notified by the rental car agency until several days later and only after the car had been rented out several times, something which I find to be totally incompetent on the part of the West Valley City Police Department.

What baffles me is why the person who drove him to the rental car agency didn't alert the authorities.

In the Websleuths' Susan Powell thread entitled "Questions I'd like to ask Susan Powell's family and friends", Kirk Graves, Josh's brother-in-law, would not go into specifics when answering my question "How did Josh get to the rental car agency" other than to state "He got a ride."

I doubt Josh paid for a taxi and suspect either Jennifer or Kirk, who babysat the children for 24 hours while Josh had the car, gave him a ride nearby and didn't realize he would be walking to the agency from where they dropped him off (or) they gave him a ride there and didn't report the fact he was renting a car because they were in denial about Josh having anything to do with Susan's disappearance.

I do not know why law enforcement wasn't keeping a watchful eye on Josh. It is really a shame Josh wasn't being monitored as that trip could have revealed a lot.

Another thing that astounded and disappointed me was the claim the vehicle Josh rented didn't have a GPS tracking device, according to law enforcement, something which makes me wonder if Josh called around to various car rental agencies to learn if there were cars available for rent which didn't have them.

What would the odds be, in this modern day, of Josh just happening to rent a car without a GPS tracking device? I believe that is why he rented that particular car, that he knew it didn't have one and chose that car for that reason because he didn't want law enforcement to learn where he went during those 24 hours.

Last edited by PickieChickie; 06-24-2010 at 09:50 AM.
Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to PickieChickie For This Useful Post:
  #34  
Old 06-24-2010, 10:40 AM
CDB CDB is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Posts: 9
Quote:
Originally Posted by PickieChickie View Post
The West Valley City police chief said he wasn't aware Josh had rented a car and they weren't notified by the rental car agency until several days later and only after the car had been rented out several times, something which I find to be totally incompetent on the part of the West Valley City Police Department.

What baffles me is why the person who drove him to the rental car agency didn't alert the authorities.

In the Websleuths' Susan Powell thread entitled "Questions I'd like to ask Susan Powell's family and friends", Kirk Graves, Josh's brother-in-law, would not go into specifics when answering my question "How did Josh get to the rental car agency" other than to state "He got a ride."

I doubt Josh paid for a taxi and suspect either Jennifer or Kirk, who babysat the children for 24 hours while Josh had the car, gave him a ride nearby and didn't realize he would be walking to the agency from where they dropped him off (or) they gave him a ride there and didn't report the fact he was renting a car because they were in denial about Josh having anything to do with Susan's disappearance.

I do not know why law enforcement wasn't keeping a watchful eye on Josh. It is really a shame Josh wasn't being monitored as that trip could have revealed a lot.

Another thing that astounded and disappointed me was the claim the vehicle Josh rented didn't have a GPS tracking device, according to law enforcement, something which makes me wonder if Josh called around to various car rental agencies to learn if there were cars available for rent which didn't have them.

What would the odds be, in this modern day, of Josh just happening to rent a car without a GPS tracking device? I believe that is why he rented that particular car, that he knew it didn't have one and chose that car for that reason because he didn't want law enforcement to learn where he went during those 24 hours.
For what it is worth, I went on a trip last week and rented a nearly new Ford Fusion and it was not equipped with GPS tracking. I even asked at the counter when I returned it if they had GPS tracking to account for my usage. The reply..."We offer GPS as an option, but the cars are insured for theft."

So the odds are actually quite good that he could have rented a car without GPS. For the record my DW is home safe and I do not have wind burned hands.
Reply With Quote
The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to CDB For This Useful Post:
  #35  
Old 06-24-2010, 10:50 AM
JLMcKenna83's Avatar
JLMcKenna83 JLMcKenna83 is online now
LOL ≠ Lots of Luck
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Central New York
Posts: 1,430
Quote:
Originally Posted by CDB View Post
For what it is worth, I went on a trip last week and rented a nearly new Ford Fusion and it was not equipped with GPS tracking. I even asked at the counter when I returned it if they had GPS tracking to account for my usage. The reply..."We offer GPS as an option, but the cars are insured for theft."

So the odds are actually quite good that he could have rented a car without GPS. For the record my DW is home safe and I do not have wind burned hands.
that made me giggle. thanks.
__________________
R.I.P Jenni-Lyn Watson


"The test of the morality of a society is what it does for its children." ~Dietrich Bonhoeffer
"From the deepest desires often come the deadliest hate." ~Socrates
Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to JLMcKenna83 For This Useful Post:
  #36  
Old 06-24-2010, 11:24 AM
adnoid's Avatar
adnoid adnoid is offline
I'm in it for the tacos.
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Location: Up on the A1, by Scotch Corner
Posts: 16,157
Quote:
Originally Posted by PickieChickie View Post
...they believe she is alive and may have left of her own accord...
People believe all kinds of things. Doesn't make it so.
__________________
Μολὼν λαβέ



Email me
Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to adnoid For This Useful Post:
  #37  
Old 06-24-2010, 12:01 PM
hroark2112's Avatar
hroark2112 hroark2112 is offline
Goalier than thou!!
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Cary, NC
Posts: 215
Jimmy Hoffa disappeared of his own accord as well.
Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to hroark2112 For This Useful Post:
  #38  
Old 06-24-2010, 12:12 PM
PickieChickie PickieChickie is offline
Banned
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Posts: 1,465
Quote:
Originally Posted by hroark2112 View Post
Jimmy Hoffa disappeared of his own accord as well.
Many people disappear intentionally for various reasons. However, I don't think there is any comparison between Susan Powell's and Jimmy Hoffa's lifestyles or circumstances.

From Wikipedia:

Jimmy Hoffa, who had been convicted of jury tampering, attempted bribery, and fraud in 1964, was imprisoned in 1967, sentenced to 13 years, after exhausting the appeal process.

However, he did not officially resign the Teamsters' presidency until mid-1971.

This was part of a pardon agreement with U.S. president Richard Nixon, in order to facilitate Hoffa's release from prison in late 1971.

Nixon blocked Hoffa from union activities until 1980; Hoffa was attempting to overturn this order and to regain support.

He was last seen in late July 1975, outside a suburban Detroit restaurant called the Machus Red Fox.[3]

CONTINUED AT SOURCE:
Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to PickieChickie For This Useful Post:
  #39  
Old 06-25-2010, 01:33 AM
justice57's Avatar
justice57 justice57 is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: utah
Posts: 87
Ethan Stacy was the Layton City PD and Susan is the West Valley City PD. West Valley is a large suburb of Salt Lake City. Layton is a smaller community. It is more close knit with very little crime.
Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to justice57 For This Useful Post:
  #40  
Old 06-25-2010, 02:36 AM
AbbieNormal's Avatar
AbbieNormal AbbieNormal is offline
Runs With Scissors
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Posts: 2,349
[quote=JLMcKenna83;5327964]There is absolutely no way that Susan is in hiding. Josh killed her. Plain and simple. /QUOTE]\

Respectfully snipped for space.....

ITA. I want to know what the wet spot on the carpet was. Did LE cut that section of carpet out, and test the padding and floor underneath it? Surely they did.... Did LE speak to the children, even though they are very young, they are witnesses. Surely they did.... ????

Why was Josh permitted to leave the state, move away, so soon after the disappearance of his spouse, without causing LE to ramp up their suspicions? How in the world could friends and neighbors who knew the couple well possibly believe Josh's story, and even help him pack and move???

If it looks like a duck and quacks like a duck....this man is guilty of murdering his wife. His "story" stinks to high heaven and is not believable in any way, shape or form.

But, the cops have nothing on him to arrest him. Could this moron who could not even put together a believable story have committed the perfect crime?

WHY HASN'T HE BEEN ARRESTED YET????

~abbie
__________________

Rest in Peace, Robbi 1980-2012
Reply With Quote
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to AbbieNormal For This Useful Post:
  #41  
Old 06-25-2010, 12:32 PM
PickieChickie PickieChickie is offline
Banned
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Posts: 1,465
Quote:
Originally Posted by AbbieNormal View Post
~abbie
I want to know what the wet spot on the carpet was. So does everyone else, including me!

Did LE cut that section of carpet out, and test the padding and floor underneath it? Yes, a very large section of the carpet and padding was cut out, according to reliable witnesses who helped pack up Susan's belongings. Because they were removed from the home, we must assume they were tested. We don't know if the results have come back from the crime lab yet. Surely enough time has passed but obtaining DNA results can take many months.

Did LE speak to the children, even though they are very young, they are witnesses? I know son, who was four-years-old at the time, was asked questions by law enforcement shortly after Susan disappeared with Josh present. I do not know if a social worker or investigator has been able to question either of the boys without Josh present. I really doubt it. Perhaps this will take place if and when son starts attending school and during school hours without Josh being present or aware. (I am suspecting, if son knows a lot, that Josh will not allow him to go to school but homeschool him instead.)

Why was Josh permitted to leave the state, move away, so soon after the disappearance of his spouse, without causing LE to ramp up their suspicions? Only a court order issued by a judge can restrain a person from leaving a particular area or moving out of a county or state. Because Josh was not arrested and ordered to appear in court where such an order could be made, he is free to travel and live wherever he pleases, including other countries.

How in the world could friends and neighbors who knew the couple well possibly believe Josh's story, and even help him pack and move???
Susan's dear friends such as Kiirsi Hellewell and Josh's sister, Jennifer Graves, helped pack up Susan's belongings because they wanted them to be treated with respect. Furthermore, they were looking and listening for clues.

The reasons/motives behind the various people who helped Josh varied from wanting to get him out of the neighborhood as soon as possible for being tired of all the commotion and media attention to simply doing the Christian thing. I'm sure some were simply curious about what the inside of Josh's house looked like while others may have hoped to appear in news video footage and newspaper photos.

WHY HASN'T HE BEEN ARRESTED YET???? Clearly there isn't enough evidence to charge and arrest Josh for murdering Susan Powell. The county prosecutor needs to make certain there is sufficient evidence/proof so a jury would NOT find him innocent due to reasonable doubt.

Just because Josh hasn't been charged and arrested doesn't mean law enforcement doesn't have a substantial amount of evidence linking Josh to Susan's disappearance and possible murder, it simply means there isn't enough at this point in time to take the matter to trial and be certain a jury would find him guilty.

They may still be waiting for DNA test results to come back from the lab as well as for someone to come forward who Josh confided in about what he did to Susan. This is why it is so important that the reward be increased a substantial amount.

Last edited by hoppyfrog; 10-10-2010 at 04:19 PM. Reason: name
Reply With Quote
The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to PickieChickie For This Useful Post:
  #42  
Old 06-27-2010, 01:30 AM
KBH5 KBH5 is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Posts: 68
Really liked your last post, Pickie. Very good answers and points and information. Thanks!
Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to KBH5 For This Useful Post:
  #43  
Old 06-27-2010, 07:46 AM
teacher 3 teacher 3 is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Posts: 55
Pickie
Thanks for the responses you posted. You and many others have stood up to the plate, so to speak, on Susan's behalf. I have followed this but I did take a break for a couple of weeks because I find this very upsetting and am so afraid Josh will never be charged. I am also concerned about the police and if they are really on top of the situation. As a teacher I have seen kids do all sorts of things and get away with it due to ineptness and other issues. Let's hope the police have enough to charge Josh eventually and get those kids away from this family; to even suggest that Susan made a run for it is beyond the pale...Again, thanks to all of you for caring about Susan; obviously, much more than her husband, .........
Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to teacher 3 For This Useful Post:
  #44  
Old 07-04-2010, 08:12 PM
hamberg hamberg is offline
Banned
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Posts: 6
There are many of your statements that need to be corrected.

First Josh made more $$$ than Susan. I know how much Josh was making and was afraid to leave his present position for more money because of the economy. I can tell you that in the present economy Josh could have made a minimum of $15K more than he was earning at that time. Bad economy does introduces some fears into people and technical job recruiters have felt the pinch big times. Top wages have gone down in the software industry but I knew Josh well enough to tell you Josh would have had no problem making at least $15K more than he was presently making and Josh was making more $$$ than Susan was.

Second point is that Josh is entitled to just as much information as the Cox family is receiving related to the search for Susan. The WVCPD is not sharing information into a criminal investigation with the Cox family because of the gag order. If Josh wants that information being the husband he has the right. Remember once Josh is declared a suspect they have to turn all that stuff over to his attorney as part of the discovery process.

Third point is that women have left their families before. Women have also disappeared without notifying anybody. A neighbor's daughter disappeared while she was working as a nanny in Ohio and that was well reported in the local media. It's uncommon granted just like women murdering their children and spouses but it does happen. Remember Piper Rountree? I sat behind her in English and next to her in biology and she was not only attractive but also well liked and she flew from Houston to Virginia to blow her ex-husband away. Stuff like this is rare so it does happen.

Fourth point, while I believe Susan is dead, Susan could have easily moved in with somebody and disappeared. It wouldn't have been hard to disappear and you have to remember that Elizabeth Smart was walking down the street and wasn't noticed and it wasn't until people started looking for Brian David Mitchell that Elizabeth was found. I realize it very unlikely that this happened but Susan could easily be staying with a friend and never be seen.

Fifth point is that this is Utah and while women can get stuck paying alimony and child support, the courts rarely goes after women for this in Utah. The laws in Utah are so biased here against men it's alarming. Just look at the teachers accused of having sex with students. Female teachers do not get the same sentence that male teachers do. That's just a fact of life and you have to realize that life isn't fair or equal (and I'm glad of that too)

Sixth point is I personally told Josh to speak to only his attorney and the WVCPD and nobody else regarding the details of December 6th & 7th. The WVCPD also knows I said that to Josh as well as they have heard me say that to Josh (and that doesn't bother me either - glad they were listening.) I also pointed out to Captain McLauchlin and the detective that interviewed me what they could do to get Josh to speak to them but they said stuff like that wasn't their jobs. After the interviews of December 7th & 8th they show up with search warrants on the December 10th doesn't instill trust. At that point I think the WVCPD proved it was they weren't interested in continuing the conversation.

PRESENTLY Susan is only a missing person and during my interview with the WVCPD, I was told specifically they were treating this as a missing persons case and not as if Susan was the victim of foul play. If the WVCPD had evidence to have charged Josh they would have declared Josh a suspect and have arrested Josh.

You can attack Josh and Stephen Powell all you want however until they find Susan your efforts are premature. Presently what happened to Susan is pure speculation and Susan needs to found first. Once they arrest somebody and have a trial, I will personally ENCOURAGE you to malign that guilty party regardless of whomever that is because I will be echoing similar comments. However before that point, those types of comments do nothing to help this tragic situation come to a conclusion.
Reply With Quote
  #45  
Old 07-04-2010, 09:03 PM
grayjay grayjay is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: between black and white
Posts: 1,056
Quote:
Originally Posted by hamberg View Post
There are many of your statements that need to be corrected.

First Josh made more $$$ than Susan. I know how much Josh was making and was afraid to leave his present position for more money because of the economy. I can tell you that in the present economy Josh could have made a minimum of $15K more than he was earning at that time. Bad economy does introduces some fears into people and technical job recruiters have felt the pinch big times. Top wages have gone down in the software industry but I knew Josh well enough to tell you Josh would have had no problem making at least $15K more than he was presently making and Josh was making more $$$ than Susan was.

Second point is that Josh is entitled to just as much information as the Cox family is receiving related to the search for Susan. The WVCPD is not sharing information into a criminal investigation with the Cox family because of the gag order. If Josh wants that information being the husband he has the right. Remember once Josh is declared a suspect they have to turn all that stuff over to his attorney as part of the discovery process.

Third point is that women have left their families before. Women have also disappeared without notifying anybody. A neighbor's daughter disappeared while she was working as a nanny in Ohio and that was well reported in the local media. It's uncommon granted just like women murdering their children and spouses but it does happen. Remember Piper Rountree? I sat behind her in English and next to her in biology and she was not only attractive but also well liked and she flew from Houston to Virginia to blow her ex-husband away. Stuff like this is rare so it does happen.

Fourth point, while I believe Susan is dead, Susan could have easily moved in with somebody and disappeared. It wouldn't have been hard to disappear and you have to remember that Elizabeth Smart was walking down the street and wasn't noticed and it wasn't until people started looking for Brian David Mitchell that Elizabeth was found. I realize it very unlikely that this happened but Susan could easily be staying with a friend and never be seen.

Fifth point is that this is Utah and while women can get stuck paying alimony and child support, the courts rarely goes after women for this in Utah. The laws in Utah are so biased here against men it's alarming. Just look at the teachers accused of having sex with students. Female teachers do not get the same sentence that male teachers do. That's just a fact of life and you have to realize that life isn't fair or equal (and I'm glad of that too)

Sixth point is I personally told Josh to speak to only his attorney and the WVCPD and nobody else regarding the details of December 6th & 7th. The WVCPD also knows I said that to Josh as well as they have heard me say that to Josh (and that doesn't bother me either - glad they were listening.) I also pointed out to Captain McLauchlin and the detective that interviewed me what they could do to get Josh to speak to them but they said stuff like that wasn't their jobs. After the interviews of December 7th & 8th they show up with search warrants on the December 10th doesn't instill trust. At that point I think the WVCPD proved it was they weren't interested in continuing the conversation.

PRESENTLY Susan is only a missing person and during my interview with the WVCPD, I was told specifically they were treating this as a missing persons case and not as if Susan was the victim of foul play. If the WVCPD had evidence to have charged Josh they would have declared Josh a suspect and have arrested Josh.

You can attack Josh and Stephen Powell all you want however until they find Susan your efforts are premature. Presently what happened to Susan is pure speculation and Susan needs to found first. Once they arrest somebody and have a trial, I will personally ENCOURAGE you to malign that guilty party regardless of whomever that is because I will be echoing similar comments. However before that point, those types of comments do nothing to help this tragic situation come to a conclusion.
Ham,

Thank you so much for coming here to straighten out the record. I'm also glad that you're reviving these threads which had gotten little attention lately.

Do you have any way to prove your statement about the incomes? That would be most informative. Otherwise, it's rumor.

I'm not sure I get your point about Josh's entitlement to information. AFAIK, it goes both ways and Josh has been the one who hasn't been willing to talk to WVPD.

If Susan made less money than Josh, wouldn't it be a non-starter, for there to be consideration about Susan having to pay alimony and child support in a divorce? In such a case, wouldn't it be in everyone's best interest for POI to earn the income and share it according to the decree of the courts?

As far as the fact that SP is a MP, It's by no means over. LE can say and not say whatever they want. They won't say all that they know, and personally I'm assured they know a lot.

We the people can speculate all we want. We can be creative about solutions to this case, because it actually impacts us all.
Reply With Quote
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to grayjay For This Useful Post:
  #46  
Old 07-04-2010, 09:31 PM
AbbieNormal's Avatar
AbbieNormal AbbieNormal is offline
Runs With Scissors
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Posts: 2,349
Quote:
Originally Posted by mayelf View Post
From day 1, this is the lie he told himself. I wonder if he actually is starting to believe his own lie.
OT, your dog is beautiful.
__________________

Rest in Peace, Robbi 1980-2012
Reply With Quote
  #47  
Old 07-04-2010, 09:43 PM
PickieChickie PickieChickie is offline
Banned
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Posts: 1,465
Quote:
Originally Posted by grayjay View Post
Ham,

Thank you so much for coming here to straighten out the record. I'm also glad that you're reviving these threads which had gotten little attention lately.

Do you have any way to prove your statement about the incomes? That would be most informative. Otherwise, it's rumor.

I'm not sure I get your point about Josh's entitlement to information. AFAIK, it goes both ways and Josh has been the one who hasn't been willing to talk to WVPD.

If Susan made less money than Josh, wouldn't it be a non-starter, for there to be consideration about Susan having to pay alimony and child support in a divorce? In such a case, wouldn't it be in everyone's best interest for POI to earn the income and share it according to the decree of the courts?

As far as the fact that SP is a MP, It's by no means over. LE can say and not say whatever they want. They won't say all that they know, and personally I'm assured they know a lot.

We the people can speculate all we want. We can be creative about solutions to this case, because it actually impacts us all.
If Josh was so worried about changing jobs because of the struggling economy, you'd think he'd have shown up for work rather than taking his 2 and 4 year old boys camping on a Sunday night at midnight out to the middle of nowhere in 20 degree weather when he had to be to work several hours after he left!

That job clearly wasn't very important to Josh, was it?

I wonder if he's working yet.
Reply With Quote
The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to PickieChickie For This Useful Post:
  #48  
Old 07-05-2010, 12:57 AM
AlexisFresca's Avatar
AlexisFresca AlexisFresca is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2009
Posts: 915
Pickie, of course he's working! He's making an attempt to edumacate his two boys via homeschooling.
Reply With Quote
The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to AlexisFresca For This Useful Post:
  #49  
Old 07-05-2010, 07:52 AM
grayjay grayjay is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: between black and white
Posts: 1,056
Quote:
Originally Posted by PickieChickie View Post
WHY HASN'T HE BEEN ARRESTED YET???? Clearly there isn't enough evidence to charge and arrest Josh for murdering Susan Powell. The county prosecutor needs to make certain there is sufficient evidence/proof so a jury would NOT find him innocent due to reasonable doubt.

Just because Josh hasn't been charged and arrested doesn't mean law enforcement doesn't have a substantial amount of evidence linking Josh to Susan's disappearance and possible murder, it simply means there isn't enough at this point in time to take the matter to trial and be certain a jury would find him guilty.

They may still be waiting for DNA test results to come back from the lab as well as for someone to come forward who Josh confided in about what he did to Susan. This is why it is so important that the reward be increased a substantial amount.
It is also possible they know they can get him but they also want more of him for a premeditated cold blooded murder. He's a POI now, but for the DP it's a higher standard, and I think they're going for it.

Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to grayjay For This Useful Post:
  #50  
Old 07-05-2010, 12:34 PM
hamberg hamberg is offline
Banned
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Posts: 6
Do you have any way to prove your statement about the incomes? That would be most informative. Otherwise, it's rumor.

Josh personally told me how much he was making. I also was with Josh on a couple of occasions when he was approached by job recruiters so I know what Josh said as I was there. I also know with Josh's skill set what Josh should have been making so I can tell you that Josh was being underpaid.

Josh also asked me for rides so I knew they only had one car. In July, after one user group meeting we spoke for a couple of hours after that meeting. Part of the conversation, Josh was sitting in the back of his minivan and I had my foot up on his bumper during the conversation. I also gave Josh a ride home from a user group meeting where I drove Josh by my house so he would know where I lived. He also asked me for rides to user group meetings but during those times I had other things I was having do first so I wasn't able to give Josh a ride.

If Susan was making more than Josh then they would not have had only 1 car and would not have been in the financial situation they were in. Josh has been in my house and I've been in his. His basement is mostly unfinished as well as his patio deck. The Powell situation would have been significantly different.

Do I have proof to your satisfaction. "NO!"

However think about it for a second. If Susan would have made more than Josh based on what everybody was saying about their marriage would Susan have stayed? If Susan and Josh had gotten a divorce, Susan would have gotten the children (this is Utah) and Josh would have been stuck with child support and paying for the kids insurance. Susan would have been much better off if the stories everybody else were saying were true.

I'm not sure I get your point about Josh's entitlement to information. AFAIK, it goes both ways and Josh has been the one who hasn't been willing to talk to WVPD.

Josh doesn't have to talk to the WVCPD! Josh can ask to receive the same briefings as Chuck Cox as Chuck Cox has less legal right to that information than Josh does.

A parent loses that plenty of rights when somebody gets married. An example would be say I get an accident and my mother wants to see me in the hospital. My wife can legally say 'NO' and my mother can do nothing about it except through the court system which would deny her that right. If I was single that would be a different situation.

If Susan made less money than Josh, wouldn't it be a non-starter, for there to be consideration about Susan having to pay alimony and child support in a divorce? In such a case, wouldn't it be in everyone's best interest for POI to earn the income and share it according to the decree of the courts?

You definitely don't know what you are talking about. Josh would get no alimony in a divorce. Absolutely none! In the State of Utah, the woman gets the children unless the man can prove the woman is an unfit parent or the woman gives up her rights to the children. Child support in this state is based on a formula based on how much the husband makes so even Susan made $1 million/year and Josh made minimum wage, Josh would still have to pay child support. Probably have to pay for the kids insurance as well.


As far as the fact that SP is a MP, It's by no means over. LE can say and not say whatever they want. They won't say all that they know, and personally I'm assured they know a lot.


WVCPD has interviewed over 200 people related to Susan's disappearance. I am sure they know plenty. However I spoke to Josh as he was replacing the carpet in the house and can tell you that the WVCPD took that wet section of carpet but did not take the pad. The WVCPD has the Powell telephone records including the prepaid cell phone and the cell phone information is not only the numbers called but the towers used during those calls.

While it is illegal for you to lie (knowingly give false information) to the WVCPD it is not illegal for the police to knowing lie to you or to the media. If what Steven Powell is saying is correct about 10 hours of interviews knowing how much Josh likes to talk, that should tell you more that the WVCPD isn't being entirely honest.

We the people can speculate all we want. We can be creative about solutions to this case, because it actually impacts us all.

Doesn't do anybody good at this point to do what you are calling speculation because what you folks are doing is nothing but gossip. What good has become of you so-called speculation? Have you uncovered any leads that have been useful in finding Susan?

In December I was commenting that if Susan wasn't found by June they might not be able to prove anything more than cause of death. Any evidence proving who killed Susan would be gone. Unfortunately those closest to Susan were against a search. Promoting a search would say they believed Susan to be dead which is something they didn't want to do.

Unless you know the Powells or live in this area, this situation doesn't really affect you. I would say is that if a loved one of yours does disappear do not use this tragic situation as the example of what to do. Use it as an example of what not to do.
Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
25 March 2010: Susan Cox Powell - Steve Koecher - Josh Powell - Connection? PickieChickie Susan Cox Powell 76 06-01-2011 06:35 PM


© Copyright Websleuths 1999-2012 New To Site? Need Help?
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.1
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
All times are GMT -4. The time now is 08:29 AM.

Advertisements

Pre-Order Imperfect Justice: Prosecuting Casey Anthony today!