Websleuths
Go Back   Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community > Current Events > Crimes in the News

Notices

Crimes in the News Read and comment about current crimes committed. Remember the copyright laws when posting news stories!

Closed Thread

Old 06-25-2010, 08:16 PM

NGS

JeanC: in courtroom in Castro C I visited today, was told that VDS did not sit behind the plexiglass when he was in the courtroom
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to epiphany For This Useful Post:
Old 06-25-2010, 08:22 PM

Confession read by male reporter:

VDS's confession: we took her sports car to the hotel (she wanted to continue playing poker online); it was a 4 by 4 sports car - black
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to epiphany For This Useful Post:
Old 06-25-2010, 08:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by epiphany View Post
NGS:

Reporter in Peru -
Judge ordered 3 Psychiatric Evaluations (separate from one we have heard about) of VDS this week.
Cannot confirm that they were done yet.
bolded by me....Psychiatric Evaluations huh???? Wouldn't you have to have a mind....to first....work ..with?????

(feeble attempt at some humor here...)

Seriously, to try to "get inside that brain" of his...and see what makes him tick...I would find that FRIGHTENING!!!

The next story we hear him say..it that the Psyciatrist tried to "trick" him with the questions..

Last edited by justus4all; 06-25-2010 at 08:27 PM. Reason: to further clarify
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to justus4all For This Useful Post:
Old 06-25-2010, 08:28 PM
Bufo americanus

They reject habeas corpus filled by JVS

http://www.websleuths.com/forums/new...te=1&p=5333432

Also undermines the argument that argued that the defendant 's laptop was opened without the consent of Van der Sloot and without a warrant, because the computer was delivered sealed to criminal court.
The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to Tadpole12 For This Useful Post:
Old 06-25-2010, 08:31 PM
Shhhhhh - Peppurr's sleeping

I just heard a TH on NG say that they do offer a mental defense in Peru. From what I've read so far - doesn't seem to be enough substance for that. Perhaps the new reports ordered will go into more detail.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to jilly For This Useful Post:
Old 06-25-2010, 08:32 PM

JeanC:

- judge may order reconstruction of the crime - Hotel
The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to epiphany For This Useful Post:
Old 06-25-2010, 08:35 PM

VictoriaM: learned from courthouse officials
- judge requested he be in same room as them on Monday, not behind the plexiglass
- prob cause he required an interpreter
The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to epiphany For This Useful Post:
Old 06-25-2010, 08:37 PM

RupaM: learned frm Aruban and Dutch authorities that

If has American/U.S. charges against him>he can be tried in U.S., however he has possibility to serve out sentence in Aruba or Holland.
Old 06-25-2010, 08:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jilly View Post
I just heard a TH on NG say that they do offer a mental defense in Peru. From what I've read so far - doesn't seem to be enough substance for that. Perhaps the new reports ordered will go into more detail.
Psych report we've heard about may have been from PLE psychiatrist. These other psychiatric evaluations, gonna just cement that he is a socio/psycho, not insane or mentally ill. Ultimately, will shut down his whining and seal his fate.

Next story/case.
Old 06-25-2010, 08:43 PM

ON NG: JVDS tried to clean up room, but couldn't get all the blood up.
JVDS did a good job cleaning up the room with the sheets and bedspread.
Ellie-how is he going to get them out of the room, there was too much to clean up.
The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to KR2tonenow For This Useful Post:
Old 06-25-2010, 08:54 PM

JVDS may even have to act out the crime/murder against Stephany......to see if it matches his confession.......
The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Sanny For This Useful Post:
Old 06-25-2010, 08:55 PM

I remember very early when the father of Stephany stated that she had DNA under her fingernail(s)......so he must've been privvy to much evidence then.
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Sanny For This Useful Post:
Old 06-25-2010, 08:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sanny View Post
JVDS may even have to act out the crime/murder against Stephany......to see if it matches his confession.......
Like someone here posted...Stephany's body....will be...the best witness...how she was killed...
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to justus4all For This Useful Post:
Old 06-25-2010, 08:56 PM

Quote:
Psych report we've heard about may have been from PLE psychiatrist. These other psychiatric evaluations, gonna just cement that he is a socio/psycho, not insane or mentally ill. Ultimately, will shut down his whining and seal his fate.

Next story/case.
bbm - We can only hope!
The Following User Says Thank You to jilly For This Useful Post:
Old 06-25-2010, 08:58 PM

Joran.....'I was tricked' > 'I was lured by the FBI' bla bla bla

Next if things goes against him......'My lawyer is and undercover FBI agent' and so is the Judge.'
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Sanny For This Useful Post:
Old 06-25-2010, 08:58 PM

JC confirmed on NG - there are women Judges in Peru.
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to jilly For This Useful Post:
Old 06-25-2010, 08:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by justus4all View Post
Like someone here posted...Stephany's body....will be...the best witness...how she was killed...
Stephany will talk from the grave.....and she will be heard LOUD AND CLEAR.
The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Sanny For This Useful Post:
Old 06-25-2010, 09:00 PM

Quote:

If has American/U.S. charges against him>he can be tried in U.S., however he has possibility to serve out sentence in Aruba or Holland.
He would be tried first for the murder charges in Peru, wouldn't he? And have to serve his time there?
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Columbo For This Useful Post:
Old 06-25-2010, 09:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by KR2tonenow View Post
ON NG: JVDS tried to clean up room, but couldn't get all the blood up.
JVDS did a good job cleaning up the room with the sheets and bedspread.
Ellie-how is he going to get them out of the room, there was too much to clean up.
Can't imagine what the room looked like before his big cleanup. He couldn't get much outta there. Goal must have been cleanup to attempt to match to w/e "confession" he would try to sell when caught. Couldn't do much else under the circumstances and conditions of the room.

A bottom line - his confession, his story does not match the crime scene photos. And that's without the forensic evidence, etc.
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to epiphany For This Useful Post:
It may be the cock that crows, but it is the hen that lays the eggs.

OK, just finished watching NG and the part about an Aruban being charged with an American charge and then them being able to be incarcerated in Aruba or The Netherlands. Now I'm really pizzed, because if anyone should know that....it would be Michael Griffith's. Now why in Hello didn't he come forth and tell that? I'm ticked. If this is wrong info....plz let me know to those that watched also.

Last edited by hollyblue; 06-25-2010 at 09:14 PM.

Quote:

Yes and wasn't it mentioned that his time served in either Aruba or Holland would be shorter? Or am I wrong?
Old 06-25-2010, 09:04 PM
It may be the cock that crows, but it is the hen that lays the eggs.

Quote:
Originally Posted by justus4all View Post
bolded by me....Psychiatric Evaluations huh???? Wouldn't you have to have a mind....to first....work ..with?????

(feeble attempt at some humor here...)

Seriously, to try to "get inside that brain" of his...and see what makes him tick...I would find that FRIGHTENING!!!

The next story we hear him say..it that the Psyciatrist tried to "trick" him with the questions..
No, they're CIA agents don't you know....surely JVS must have top gov't secrects..............ya right.

Last edited by hollyblue; 06-25-2010 at 09:15 PM.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to hollyblue For This Useful Post:

Just some observations from looking at the photos from the crime scene. We have been speculating about the jeans and whether they were pulled off in a struggle during an attempted sexual assault or removed either by JVS or SF without a struggle. Looking at the photo of the jeans on the Crimesider site, it does appear as though there are several blood splatters on them even though there is only one arrow. Not sure where we got the information that there was no blood on her jeans. One thing I did notice, however, is that the jeans have a two button waist and a zipper fly closure. From the photos, it does not appear as though there was any tearing in that area or anywhere else on the jeans. If there was a struggle in which the jeans were “torn” off, I think there would be some damage to this area. They appear to have been removed normally by undoing both the buttons and the zipper fly.

During JVS’s statement, I believe the question was posed to him about why he removed her pants and shoes. He replied that he didn’t know. Does this mean that LE has determined that the pants and shoes were removed after the murder? Did they come to that conclusion based on the fact that there is blood on both of them?

It has been widely reported that JVS “cleaned up the scene” with the bedclothes. How then does it appear as though SF is laying on them? If he used the sheets to clean up the floor as I believe he also has stated, then how did they get underneath SF? I can see what looks like white bedding in the pile with his clothes at the foot of the bed but could that be one or two pillows? We don’t see the bedspread at all in the photos so perhaps it was found on the other side of the bed? Why are there no photos of that side of the room or the bedspread?

He would have had to move her to place her on those sheets if he had actually used them to clean the floor. Is it possible that she did get as far as the tiled hallway in her bid to escape and that the crime actually happened there? Tiled walls and floors…lots of potential for damage there. He could not have cleaned blood from a carpeted floor very well with sheets...or anything really… so did he use them to clean up the tiled hallway? Did the brown bottle of liquid, which appears to have been found in the bathroom next to a coffee cup with the lid off, figure into this possible cleaning of tile floors and walls? Was he drinking that coffee while he was cleaning? Did he buy that brown bottle when he went out for coffee? Did he move SF to the location where she was found? And if he didn’t, why would he lie about using the sheets to clean the floor? Could this be why we are not seeing the video of when he went for coffee. Was there something shown in that hallway on the tape when he opened the door to go out for the coffee? Blood…Stephany?

When looking at the position her body was in when found, if he did remove the shoes and jeans when she was lying there on the floor beside the bed where she was found, would her legs have fallen into that unusual legs drawn up fetal position when the rest of her body was on it’s back with one arm outstretched and the other beside her body?

Just wondering what everyone’s thoughts are on these observations.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Kamille For This Useful Post:

Do ya think his Columbian cellmate is coaching him as to what to do regarding "don't talk to the police or judge?"

It was mentioned tonight on NG that Clown did the same thing......refused to answer the judge.

Jailhouse lawyering........
The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Sanny For This Useful Post:
Old 06-25-2010, 09:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hollyblue View Post
OK, just finished watching NG and the part about an Aruban being charged with an American charge and then them being able to be incarcerated in Aruba or The Netherlands. Now I'm really pizzed, because if anyone should know that....it would be Michael Griffith's. Now why in Hello didn't he come forth and tell that. I'm ticked. If this wrong info....plz let me know to those that watched also.
That's what she said - possibly could serve a U.S. sentence in Aruba or Netherlands.
Cause MG's fixated on the same thing each time he appears on any of these shows - he'll never survive his sentence in Peru.
Closed Thread