Websleuths
Go Back   Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community > Featured Case Discussion > Hot Cases > Kyron Horman

Notices

Kyron Horman Kyron went missing from his school in Oregon. His mother has a civil suit on his step-mother and his father is in the middle of a divorce. WHERE IS KYRON?


Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old 07-08-2010, 09:35 PM
RubyRed's Avatar
RubyRed RubyRed is offline
Where Are All The Missing ?
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Ontario but a trucker so everywhere.
Posts: 14,858
DY and KH know Terri is lying






"I've known her a long time. I know she's lying," Young said. "Terri is still not cooperating. I'm so angry, I don’t have words."

http://www.kptv.com/news/24190899/detail.html
__________________


Where is Nancy Moyer?

http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sho...er#post5351180

Last edited by RubyRed; 07-08-2010 at 11:36 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 07-08-2010, 11:19 PM
Kimster's Avatar
Kimster Kimster is offline
WS Adminstrator, Verified Posters Liaison
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Google Earth
Posts: 32,663
I think many of us were very astute when we watched the first family presser and recognized DY's body language to be saying she didn't want TH to touch her....

My other comment that I mentioned in the closed thread is that women know women but men don't know women.
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 07-08-2010, 11:26 PM
Barry's Avatar
Barry Barry is offline
Registered Fence Sitter
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Posts: 195
I guess the question in my mind is, is she lying about trying to have her husband killed, about Kyron missing, or both? DY may sense she's lying, but still not know about what. (of course she might have a lot more info than we do).
Reply With Quote
The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to Barry For This Useful Post:
  #4  
Old 07-08-2010, 11:30 PM
gardeness's Avatar
gardeness gardeness is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Texas
Posts: 518
It doesn't make sense to me--if DY knows what a liar TH is, why did she let so much time pass before taking action for her son? They waited how long before their first press conference? I am just not fully believing her judgment right now--MOO. IMO, since LE has no other leads and is apparently making no effort to find anyone else, the parents HAVE to believe that it's TH.

I do think that DY blamed TH for Kyron's disappearance from the beginning, though--not in a "she kidnapped him" way, blamed her in a "she was responsible for my son and she failed him" kind of way.
Reply With Quote
The Following 13 Users Say Thank You to gardeness For This Useful Post:
  #5  
Old 07-08-2010, 11:32 PM
easttexas's Avatar
easttexas easttexas is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Posts: 534
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kimster View Post
I think many of us were very astute when we watched the first family presser and recognized DY's body language to be saying she didn't want TH to touch her....

My other comment that I mentioned in the closed thread is that women know women but men don't know women.
Kimster.....you are soooo right. Women can read other women like an xray. Men can have the xray and see nothing.....good comment!
__________________
Justice for Sheila Deviney, Chandra Turner and Tom Horton, the Garvin County 3!!!!
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 07-08-2010, 11:35 PM
Noway's Avatar
Noway Noway is offline
Montana
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Montana
Posts: 5,769
What a nightmare it must be for them to know she is lying ... and not be able to get her to tell the truth.
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 07-08-2010, 11:38 PM
JenB JenB is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2009
Posts: 72
I recently had a situation where I realized someone was lying to me (or omitting important info and trying to skew the situation to their advantage). I realized it not because they've lied to me before, but because I know how they would normally react in this situation. In my case, the outrage the other party normally would have expressed was absent, and I realized she was trying to hide information from me.

I can imagine DY and KH coming to similar realizations about Terri. From the first phone call, some normal, expected reaction or mannerism of Terri's was different. Even if she'd never lied to either other party before, that "off" moment coupled with failed lie detector tests and, inevitably, more "off" reactions or mannerisms would make for a "sort of surprised and sort of not" response to where the case is now.

Clearly these people have been gobsmacked to realize the person they've trusted for all this time is probably involved in Kyron's disappearance. They are reviewing everything they've ever "known" in light of this new information. That's why KH can't make a clear statement about how the relationship was between Terri and Kyron.

As far as DY allowing someone to raise her child who she didn't completely trust (as I saw implied in the other thread), I think that's unfair. She said she's been biting her tongue, basically. I'd imagine I'd be biting my tongue a lot if I was sharing my kids with a stepmom. And while I might not care for the stepmom as a person, that's a far cry from believing she'd actually harm my child.

Last edited by JenB; 07-08-2010 at 11:40 PM. Reason: correct a typo
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 07-08-2010, 11:39 PM
Aedrys's Avatar
Aedrys Aedrys is offline
If justice doesn't get you, karma will.
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Oklahoma
Posts: 6,719
Quote:
Originally Posted by gardeness View Post
It doesn't make sense to me--if DY knows what a liar TH is, why did she let so much time pass before taking action for her son? They waited how long before their first press conference? I am just not fully believing her judgment right now--MOO. IMO, since LE has no other leads and is apparently making no effort to find anyone else, the parents HAVE to believe that it's TH.

I do think that DY blamed TH for Kyron's disappearance from the beginning, though--not in a "she kidnapped him" way, blamed her in a "she was responsible for my son and she failed him" kind of way.
They were doing what LE told them to do. I'd rather not have had this turn into Jerry Springer with DY beating TH until she said where Kyron was. I'd rather not have her in the news every two seconds like the A's, making a fool of herself and Kyron being forgotten in the process. I applaud them for keeping quiet and working for LE. They have done what they need to do, and they and LE know a heck of a lot more than we do right now. I think her judgment is solid. She knows what she's doing is the right thing to do and she knows that TH did something to Kyron. Rather than making this tabloid fodder, She and Kaine and Tony have chosen to be the bigger people here and do the right things for Kyron. I admire both of their strength and tenacity, and if DY says TH is a liar, then I wholeheartedly believe her.

And we don't know that LE is not making an effort to find other people. Until it comes out for a fact that the only person they are centering on is TH, I am not going to assume they are singleminded and just trying to railroad TH. Sometimes something is what it is, and there's no massive conspiracy.

BTW, I think it's more - "I know the bi*** hurt him and I wish I could make her tell me where he is". I think this goes beyond Terri just failing Kyron.
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 07-08-2010, 11:40 PM
bessie's Avatar
bessie bessie is offline
WS Super Moderator
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Who Dat Nation
Posts: 17,737
I hope this is on topic because I just spent a long time typing this reply in the other thread, only to find it was closed when I went to post.

After watching the press conference, I can't help but wonder if DH's natural resentment toward the woman who has raised her child, and any resentment toward KH she's harbored over the years, have clouded her judgment.

Most of us have been in a situation where we suffered an offense or a tragedy and found ourselves accusing a person we disliked because we wanted to blame someone, and blaming the individual we didn't like to begin with affirmed our ill-feelings toward that person. It allowed us to say that we were right about him or her all along. I saw this happen in my own family when a loved one died and a sibling turned against the loved one's spouse and tried to convince others that the spouse was responsible for the death. It's a reaction some experience from the fear and anger that come with grief. Could that be the case with DY? If so, I don't blame her at all. In her shoes, God knows what I'd be thinking and feeling.

Now the alleged murder-for-hire, if true, would certainly be enough to convince KH. But that aside, I wonder if DY hasn't overstated her case to the point that she has convinced KH, and to a degree, LE. KH indicated he was caught off guard by the M-for-H plot and didn't think TH capable of harming Kyron, but now, the guilt that he is no doubt feeling could cause him to be easily swayed. I imagine him saying to DY, "Yes, you're right. I should've seen it."

I mean absolutely no disrespect to the parents. My heart bleeds for them. I only want this darling little boy to be found and the truth to be revealed. And I'm troubled that LE might be putting all of their eggs in one basket, based in part on DY's "instincts", which might or might not be accurate at the moment. Of course, the parents are at a disadvantage with the public because they are limited in what they can say, but I'd sure love to know if TH has exhibited rash behavior in the past that would support DY's suspicions.
__________________

I don't even know to this day what I meant by what I said.
Casey Anthony, bankruptcy/Zenaida Gonzalez deposition, 01/23/2014
___________________________________
Muddy water in the street
; Muddy water 'round my feet... as sung by the inimitable Bessie Smith, "Muddy Water (A Mississippi Moan)"

Last edited by bessie; 07-09-2010 at 01:54 AM.
Reply With Quote
  #10  
Old 07-08-2010, 11:42 PM
babycat's Avatar
babycat babycat is offline
whiskey in a teacup
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: dirty south
Posts: 1,653
Quote:
Originally Posted by gardeness View Post
It doesn't make sense to me--if DY knows what a liar TH is, why did she let so much time pass before taking action for her son? They waited how long before their first press conference? I am just not fully believing her judgment right now--MOO. IMO, since LE has no other leads and is apparently making no effort to find anyone else, the parents HAVE to believe that it's TH.

I do think that DY blamed TH for Kyron's disappearance from the beginning, though--not in a "she kidnapped him" way, blamed her in a "she was responsible for my son and she failed him" kind of way.
Maybe she suspected it at first, but then really "knew" in her gut that Terri was lying after spending more time with her. And many families don't just come out right away and say that they feel a certain person is involved in a loved ones disappearance...It could be LE asked her not to publicly speculate as to not tip her off at first.

For all we know she "took action" in private, with LE or Kaine. We just don't know.

I don't know if Terri is involved or not. But I certainly don't suspect that Desiree would lie about whether or not she initially trusted or suspected Terri. What good would it server her to lie about how she feels about Terri?
__________________
My two best friends.

"A true artist will always be open minded because that's their responsibility." - Lee Quinones
Reply With Quote
The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to babycat For This Useful Post:
  #11  
Old 07-08-2010, 11:42 PM
matou's Avatar
matou matou is online now
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Toronto
Posts: 12,384
I wonder if Terri and Desiree got into it about something in the days before Kyron went missing. I`m suspicious about the fact that Kyron was supposed to visit with his mom on that weekend and then all of a sudden he`s gone. Desiree was instantly suspicious of her, from her comments on the presser.

From tonight`s presser, Desiree stated that she`s known Terri for a long time. Didn`t she previously clear up the fact that she was NOT FRIENDS with Terri when Kyron was born I thinks there is confusion about them being friends or knowing each other for a long time.
Reply With Quote
  #12  
Old 07-08-2010, 11:43 PM
redkatrampant's Avatar
redkatrampant redkatrampant is offline
Keeper Of The Smelling Salts
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: The Great Swamp
Posts: 1,964
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aedrys View Post
They were doing what LE told them to do. I'd rather not have had this turn into Jerry Springer with DY beating TH until she said where Kyron was. I'd rather not have her in the news every two seconds like the A's, making a fool of herself and Kyron being forgotten in the process. I applaud them for keeping quiet and working for LE. They have done what they need to do, and they and LE know a heck of a lot more than we do right now. I think her judgment is solid. She knows what she's doing is the right thing to do and she knows that TH did something to Kyron. Rather than making this tabloid fodder, She and Kaine and Tony have chosen to be the bigger people here and do the right things for Kyron. I admire both of their strength and tenacity, and if DY says TH is a liar, then I wholeheartedly believe her.

And we don't know that LE is not making an effort to find other people. Until it comes out for a fact that the only person they are centering on is TH, I am not going to assume they are singleminded and just trying to railroad TH. Sometimes something is what it is, and there's no massive conspiracy.

BTW, I think it's more - "I know the bi*** hurt him and I wish I could make her tell me where he is". I think this goes beyond Terri just failing Kyron.
DY also made it a point to say that she did not want to elaborate on certain things because she did not want all the dirty laundry out there when Kyron came home. She stated that she did not want everything muddied with a lot of untrue statements.
I know I paraphrased what she said, but that was the gist of it. I applaud her for that.First and foremost in her mind is Kyron.

Last edited by redkatrampant; 07-08-2010 at 11:48 PM. Reason: left out an importan *not*
Reply With Quote
The Following 15 Users Say Thank You to redkatrampant For This Useful Post:
  #13  
Old 07-08-2010, 11:44 PM
Emma Peel's Avatar
Emma Peel Emma Peel is offline
Keep your bowler hat on in times of trouble, & beware of diabolical masterminds.
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: wherever they send me
Posts: 9,999
Quote:
Originally Posted by Barry View Post
I guess the question in my mind is, is she lying about trying to have her husband killed, about Kyron missing, or both? DY may sense she's lying, but still not know about what. (of course she might have a lot more info than we do).
IMO,

DY knows Terri is lying about Kyron. She hopes there is an accomplice, that is taking care of Kyron. She even said she had an instinct about Terri when she got the call about Kyron.

The rest - the garbage with Kaine - is just more proof for Desiree, that Terri is using Kyron as a weapon against Kaine.

And maybe even against Desiree.
Reply With Quote
  #14  
Old 07-08-2010, 11:48 PM
mrsjonnob mrsjonnob is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Posts: 408
There is no way she can "know it". She can stongly suspect and believe it, but she can't know it, unless there is proof or Terri confesses.
Reply With Quote
The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to mrsjonnob For This Useful Post:
  #15  
Old 07-09-2010, 12:01 AM
Noway's Avatar
Noway Noway is offline
Montana
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Montana
Posts: 5,769
Did I not just read that Kaine believed Terri was involved and that was based on LE believing the same?

p. 11/19
http://www.koinlocal6.com/media/lib/.../FULLORDER.pdf

I believe Respondent is involved in the disappearance of my son Kyron who has been mising since June 4, 2010. I also recently learned that Respondent attempted to hire someone to murder me. The police have provided me with probably cause to believe the above two statements are true.

(typed by me ... tried to be exact but have to dash ...)
Reply With Quote
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Noway For This Useful Post:
  #16  
Old 07-09-2010, 12:08 AM
Noway's Avatar
Noway Noway is offline
Montana
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Montana
Posts: 5,769
If the police believe it, and they are the ones with the evidence ... it would be pretty hard not to believe it too ... especially if the police shared that info with Kaine and either he shared it with DY or the police did.
Reply With Quote
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Noway For This Useful Post:
  #17  
Old 07-09-2010, 12:19 AM
bessie's Avatar
bessie bessie is offline
WS Super Moderator
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Who Dat Nation
Posts: 17,737
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aedrys View Post
They were doing what LE told them to do. I'd rather not have had this turn into Jerry Springer with DY beating TH until she said where Kyron was. I'd rather not have her in the news every two seconds like the A's, making a fool of herself and Kyron being forgotten in the process. I applaud them for keeping quiet and working for LE. They have done what they need to do, and they and LE know a heck of a lot more than we do right now. I think her judgment is solid. She knows what she's doing is the right thing to do and she knows that TH did something to Kyron. Rather than making this tabloid fodder, She and Kaine and Tony have chosen to be the bigger people here and do the right things for Kyron. I admire both of their strength and tenacity, and if DY says TH is a liar, then I wholeheartedly believe her.

And we don't know that LE is not making an effort to find other people. Until it comes out for a fact that the only person they are centering on is TH, I am not going to assume they are singleminded and just trying to railroad TH. Sometimes something is what it is, and there's no massive conspiracy.

BTW, I think it's more - "I know the bi*** hurt him and I wish I could make her tell me where he is". I think this goes beyond Terri just failing Kyron.
That's an excellent statement, Aedrys. The part I bolded particularly addresses my concerns, and though I'm not totally convinced, I am somewhat reassured by the strength of your convictions. In other words, I hope you're right.
__________________

I don't even know to this day what I meant by what I said.
Casey Anthony, bankruptcy/Zenaida Gonzalez deposition, 01/23/2014
___________________________________
Muddy water in the street
; Muddy water 'round my feet... as sung by the inimitable Bessie Smith, "Muddy Water (A Mississippi Moan)"
Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to bessie For This Useful Post:
  #18  
Old 07-09-2010, 12:20 AM
babycat's Avatar
babycat babycat is offline
whiskey in a teacup
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: dirty south
Posts: 1,653
Quote:
Originally Posted by Noway View Post
If the police believe it, and they are the ones with the evidence ... it would be pretty hard not to believe it too ... especially if the police shared that info with Kaine and either he shared it with DY or the police did.

The police have been wrong before. They aren't infallible. I agree, though, and even though a little of me suspects TH had something to do with it, I have to admit, based on the "evidence" against her so far (and I use the term loosely) I haven't seen anything concrete that points exclusively to her. Lots of weird stuff adding up, but obviously it's not even enough to arrest her (so far). I'm just confused.



I do trust that they work hard, and are privy to more information than we are...I just hope it is all on the RIGHT track, whatever that may be.
__________________
My two best friends.

"A true artist will always be open minded because that's their responsibility." - Lee Quinones
Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to babycat For This Useful Post:
  #19  
Old 07-09-2010, 12:22 AM
shefner's Avatar
shefner shefner is offline
Websleuth Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: North Carolina
Posts: 5,212
Quote:
Originally Posted by bessie View Post
I hope this is on topic because I just spent a long time typing this reply in the other thread, only to find it was closed when I went to post.

After watching the press conference, I can't help but wonder if DH's natural resentment toward the woman who has raised her child, and any resentment toward KH she's harbored over the years, have clouded her judgment.

Most of us have been in a situation where we suffered an offense or a tragedy and found ourselves wanting to accuse a person we disliked because we wanted to blame someone, and blaming the individual we didn't like to begin with affirmed our ill-feelings toward that person. It allowed us to say that we were right about him or her all along. I saw this happen in my own family when a loved one died and a sibling turned against the loved one's spouse, and tried to convince others that the spouse was responsible for the death. It's a reaction some experience from the anger that comes with grief. Could that be the case with DY? If so, I don't blame her at all. In her shoes, God knows what I'd be thinking and feeling.

Now the alleged murder-for-hire, if true, would certainly be enough to convince KH. But that aside, I wonder if DY hasn't overstated her case to the point that she has convinced KH, and to a degree, LE. KH indicated he was caught off guard by the M-for-H plot and didn't think TH capable of harming Kyron, but now, the guilt that he is no doubt feeling could cause him to be easily swayed. I imagine him saying to DY, "Yes, you're right. I should've seen it."

I mean absolutely no disrespect to the parents. My heart bleeds for them. I only want this darling little boy to be found and the truth to be revealed. And I'm troubled that LE might be putting all of their eggs in one basket, based in part on DY's "instincts", which might or might not be accurate at the moment. Of course, the parents are at a disadvantage with the public because they are limited in what they can say, but I'd sure love to know if TH has exhibited rash behavior in the past that would support DY's suspicions.
I included this quote because I think this post is right on target. I never could have said it so well. Thanks Bessie....
Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to shefner For This Useful Post:
  #20  
Old 07-09-2010, 12:28 AM
Emma Peel's Avatar
Emma Peel Emma Peel is offline
Keep your bowler hat on in times of trouble, & beware of diabolical masterminds.
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: wherever they send me
Posts: 9,999
IMO, Someone skillful has profiled Terri.

As a result, and as part of the strategy, I think both Desiree and Kaine have been to NPD school. (Narcissistic Personality Disorder)

I'm loving the new, aggressive Desiree. This attitude is one way to work with NPD. No more nice guy - relentless attack, calling-out, naming fault, naming flaws, placing blame, in-your-face, finger-pointing, no excuses, no wiggle room, pounding on wrong-doings, no forgiveness, negating the imagined self, denying a relationship ever even existed, denying trust or respect ever existed.

And Kaine - withdrawn and closed. I wonder if he is playing the "I couldn't give a crap about Terri" card. This is another way to work with NPD. Take all attention away. Refuse to give Terri's relationship with Kyron any credit whatsoever. (I don't know about her relationship with Kyron - ask Terri.) Shrug off her child rearing, shrug off her homemaking. Deny you noticed if she even had a relationship with the very child she's devoted the last 4 years to raising. Take everything that defines Terri and Terri's world, everything that identifies what Terri considers herself to be away, - no house, no children, no gym, no career. Stop the parasitic relationship. Force Terri to stand alone in vast nothingness and terrorize her into compliance so she can feed her endless need for any outside stimulus.

If Terri is NPD, as I suspect, she cannot be alone with herself. She would rather be in prison.

I feel like some of these answers were so awesome that the questions had to be anticipated and were highly scripted. (That is okay with me, by the way.)

IMO - much of this is FBI staged & ... it is still very very fascinating.

Not to mention, I'm sure Terri really is a big fat liar.

JMHO
Reply With Quote
  #21  
Old 07-09-2010, 12:35 AM
cluciano63's Avatar
cluciano63 cluciano63 is online now
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Posts: 32,716
I am zero percent convinced that LE knows much more than we do. I think they told Kaine that: A. Terri failed LD B. That Terri's movements did not seem to match her cell phone
C. That Terri may have tried to hire someone to kill him

Those 3 things were enough for him to do what he has done, and enough to confirm Desiree's suspicions.
I think this is still where the case stands, meaning that LE cannot clear Terri so they have focused on her, trying to get either clear her or find enough to charge her, and they still have not been able to do either.

Desiree hearing that Terri failed the LD as well as the other two items are certainly enough, IMO, to warrant her thinking that Terri is at the very least, lying.

I hope I'm wrong about LE, but honestly I thought there would be an arrest by now in this case.
__________________
Just my opinion, of course.
Reply With Quote
The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to cluciano63 For This Useful Post:
  #22  
Old 07-09-2010, 12:37 AM
Emma Peel's Avatar
Emma Peel Emma Peel is offline
Keep your bowler hat on in times of trouble, & beware of diabolical masterminds.
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: wherever they send me
Posts: 9,999
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrsjonnob View Post
There is no way she can "know it". She can stongly suspect and believe it, but she can't know it, unless there is proof or Terri confesses.
I understand & agree with your point with regard to needing irrefutable facts before anyone can categorically know anything about Terri's involvement...

IMO, Desiree feels she "knows" in the intuitive sense of the word. She said as much.

I have been waiting for someone in this inside circle to admit the fact that they had signals, had issues, had experiences, had suspicions, and were not entirely comfortable with Terri the person before any of this happened.

We finally got this information out in public tonight at this presser. Desiree insinuated there had always been a problem with Terri and Kaine just stood there and let her do so.

IMO
Reply With Quote
The Following 14 Users Say Thank You to Emma Peel For This Useful Post:
  #23  
Old 07-09-2010, 12:39 AM
gardeness's Avatar
gardeness gardeness is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Texas
Posts: 518
Is it not a given that the time to act after a child abduction is immediately? IMO, she initially blamed Terri for Kyron's disappearance because he was in her care. IMO, if something (an argument, etc.) had occurred between the women before that Friday, DY would have had no problem singling out TH.

No, I don't trust her judgment at this time. I feel for her--she is grasping at the only straw available.

I haven't seen a recent statement from LE--is there a link to a recent statement where they talk about following other leads? Thanks!
Reply With Quote
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to gardeness For This Useful Post:
  #24  
Old 07-09-2010, 12:44 AM
azmama's Avatar
azmama azmama is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Posts: 169
Quote:
Originally Posted by bessie View Post
I hope this is on topic because I just spent a long time typing this reply in the other thread, only to find it was closed when I went to post.

After watching the press conference, I can't help but wonder if DH's natural resentment toward the woman who has raised her child, and any resentment toward KH she's harbored over the years, have clouded her judgment.

Most of us have been in a situation where we suffered an offense or a tragedy and found ourselves wanting to accuse a person we disliked because we wanted to blame someone, and blaming the individual we didn't like to begin with affirmed our ill-feelings toward that person. It allowed us to say that we were right about him or her all along. I saw this happen in my own family when a loved one died and a sibling turned against the loved one's spouse, and tried to convince others that the spouse was responsible for the death. It's a reaction some experience from the anger that comes with grief. Could that be the case with DY? If so, I don't blame her at all. In her shoes, God knows what I'd be thinking and feeling.

Now the alleged murder-for-hire, if true, would certainly be enough to convince KH. But that aside, I wonder if DY hasn't overstated her case to the point that she has convinced KH, and to a degree, LE. KH indicated he was caught off guard by the M-for-H plot and didn't think TH capable of harming Kyron, but now, the guilt that he is no doubt feeling could cause him to be easily swayed. I imagine him saying to DY, "Yes, you're right. I should've seen it."

I mean absolutely no disrespect to the parents. My heart bleeds for them. I only want this darling little boy to be found and the truth to be revealed. And I'm troubled that LE might be putting all of their eggs in one basket, based in part on DY's "instincts", which might or might not be accurate at the moment. Of course, the parents are at a disadvantage with the public because they are limited in what they can say, but I'd sure love to know if TH has exhibited rash behavior in the past that would support DY's suspicions.
I want to say, great post! I agree almost totally. The BBM part above though, cops are supposed to be methodical, all work and investigation is done on evidence (sorry, the right words are not coming to me..) I guess what I am saying is that I don't think LE would be swayed solely on DY's instinct, their job is to investigate, not go on feeling alone.
__________________
"The truth does not change according to our ability to stomach it." Flannery O'Connor
Reply With Quote
The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to azmama For This Useful Post:
  #25  
Old 07-09-2010, 12:56 AM
mrsjonnob mrsjonnob is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Posts: 408
Quote:
Originally Posted by Noway;5383264[B
]If the police believe it, and they are the ones with the evidence[/b] ... it would be pretty hard not to believe it too ... especially if the police shared that info with Kaine and either he shared it with DY or the police did.
BBM

But the police do not have the evidence. If they did, Terri would be in jail.
Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to mrsjonnob For This Useful Post:
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


© Copyright Websleuths 1999-2012 New To Site? Need Help?
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.1
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
All times are GMT -4. The time now is 11:42 AM.

Advertisements

Pre-Order Imperfect Justice: Prosecuting Casey Anthony today!