Websleuths
Go Back   Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community > Featured Case Discussion > Hot Cases > Kyron Horman

Notices

Kyron Horman Kyron went missing from his school in Oregon. His mother has a civil suit on his step-mother and his father is in the middle of a divorce. WHERE IS KYRON?

Old 07-12-2010, 09:01 PM
WS Adminstrator, Verified Posters Liaison

2010.07.12 - TH accused of sexual affair

Kaine Horman's lawyer stated that authorities informed them that Michael Cook, who has known the 36-year-old father since high school, went to the Hormans' family home a few days after Kaine Horman moved out with the couple's 19-month-old daughter. Terri Horman showed him the confidential restraining order and Terri Horman pointed out "particular sections that were noteworthy."

Pictures of the restraining order were found on Cook's cell phone, according to documents, and Cook told investigators he shared information from the documents with at least two other people.
<snipped>

http://www.kptv.com/news/24229196/detail.html
Old 07-12-2010, 09:03 PM

This thread is for more serious sleuthing of this topic. If you want to chat informally about this issue, please visit this thread:
Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community

I'm curious to see what everyone thinks of this issue. What does this tell us about TH's priorities at this juncture?
The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Kimster For This Useful Post:
Old 07-12-2010, 09:06 PM
For nothing is secret that will not be revealed

Mr. Cook appears to have put himself smack dab in the middle of the fire, fwiw. I am going to cut to the chase and wonder if Mr. Cook was being groomed as the next hitman? Does he have a record?

Long Lost Love: The Bob Harrod Story Disappeared/ID Network
Amazon: Purchase Long Lost Love $1.99

Bob Harrod SAR

“The first time someone shows you who they are, believe them.”
― Maya Angelou
Old 07-12-2010, 09:08 PM
Where Are All The Missing ?

Her priorities are definitely not Kyron. I think this whole mess is going to eventually lead to what happened to him.

Where is Nancy Moyer?

http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sho...er#post5351180
Old 07-12-2010, 09:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sooner Fan View Post
Can we slueth Cook now?
Not his personal life, no. You may sleuth open issues that could pertain to this case.
The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Kimster For This Useful Post:
Old 07-12-2010, 09:11 PM
WS Administrator

ugly coping is a possibility.

I don't think that is the case but it cannot be discounted completely.

The most important aspect of it for me is that it speaks to character and the fact that the landscaper reported similar behavior according to today's article, it does lend credibility to the landscapers story.

Additionally, if she is behaving this way with one to three men, then imo, there could be others and that is important if we are looking for potential motives and accomplices. This is not normal behavior at time of crisis.
Old 07-12-2010, 09:13 PM

Mr. Cook may be doing KH a favor. He could posssibly be the bait. May
I add that he and KH are friends on popular social networks?
Old 07-12-2010, 09:14 PM

Here are photos of MC putting up billboards for the search for Kyron. Is it really possible that Terri only met him on June 30th? I doubt it. JMO

http://web.me.com/owensfamily4/Bring.../Photos.html#6
Old 07-12-2010, 09:17 PM

I want to repost tonight's reporting from KATU (showing MC throughout various stages of the search for Kyron), mostly because they actually spoke to him on the phone, and he had no idea of today's court docs. He is now aware he's in a very public spotlight, so my guess is we won't see much of him for a while.

http://www.katu.com/news/local/98272674.html?tab=video

As for TH's priorities, I will again add that no matter what emotional duress she is under, this was a very odd choice for "relationship" activities - high school friend of KH's - and court docs from today show she has been "fishing" around for supportive men and validation for a while, as the landscaper solicited for murder also received intimate texts. This is just not something one should be doing in marriage, and especially when there is a missing child. Someone in a previous forum said it best (paraphrasing): it makes it seem like, since Kyron isn't her biological child, she is not focused at all on finding him, but just gathering male support to favor her and get on with her own life.
Old 07-12-2010, 09:18 PM
LOL ≠ Lots of Luck

This just shows where her priorities are... And IMO, if you're "sexting" with someone you supposedly just met... then obviously there is a big problem there. Especially considering the predicament that she's in.

"The test of the morality of a society is what it does for its children." ~Dietrich Bonhoeffer
"From the deepest desires often come the deadliest hate." ~Socrates
The Following 15 Users Say Thank You to JLMcKenna83 For This Useful Post:
Old 07-12-2010, 09:18 PM
For nothing is secret that will not be revealed

Whats the date on the photos matou and was Terri at this event? Please tell me that is not her next to him on the shot of the Sylvan bridge hanging the poster, lol?

Long Lost Love: The Bob Harrod Story Disappeared/ID Network
Amazon: Purchase Long Lost Love $1.99

Bob Harrod SAR

“The first time someone shows you who they are, believe them.”
― Maya Angelou
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to believe09 For This Useful Post:
Old 07-12-2010, 09:19 PM
Where Are All The Missing ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by JBean View Post
ugly coping is a possibility.

I don't think that is the case but it cannot be discounted completely.

The most important aspect of it for me is that it speaks to character and the fact that the landscaper reported similar behavior according to today's article, it does lend credibility to the landscapers story.

Additionally, if she is behaving this way with one to three men, then imo, there could be others and that is important if we are looking for potential motives and accomplices. This is not normal behavior at time of crisis.
It definitely is not normal behavior. I think this whole mess is going to lead to Kyron. Poor little guy.

Where is Nancy Moyer?

http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sho...er#post5351180
The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to RubyRed For This Useful Post:
Old 07-12-2010, 09:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4BB View Post
If he's doing him a favor, it wasn't intentional, IMO. If this info helps find Kyron, its just an accidental fallout from bad choices in relationships/horrific timing. MC told KATU he didn't know about the court docs, so he is not a "mole" working to help KH - again IMO.
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to DidionFan For This Useful Post:
Old 07-12-2010, 09:21 PM
Go Chicago Bears!

I'm concerned about Terri's focus on distant sex. Is this an obsession? In 12 days she supposedly sent pictures of herself in various stages of dressing to Kain's long time friend. As children would say: The creep factor is sky rocketing. moo

Democracy requires the occasional necessity of deferring to the opinions of other people. (Winston Churchill)
Old 07-12-2010, 09:22 PM

At this point if he is not alive she has nothing left to lose.
The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to ella971 For This Useful Post:
Old 07-12-2010, 09:24 PM

http://www.kptv.com/download/2010/0712/24229769.pdf

On the bottom of page 10 it states that Terri did discuss how much she missed both kids but it was touched on briefly. I am thinking K mentioned this to CYA and that she may have discussed it more than what he wants the GP to beleive in this document KWIM? For him to make even a small mention of this just stood out to me.

I have no idea where this woman is coming from at this point. Maybe she just feels lost, maybe she is the type of person that needs to be wanted?

I would like to know how much Mr C and K hung out with each other before this happened? If they haven't seen each other much, why would he insert himself in the picture to the extent he did?

Round and round we go...but does any of this tell us where Kryon is?
Old 07-12-2010, 09:24 PM

Playing devil's advocate - Michael Cook could easily have been at the house and taken pictures covertly or without TMH's knowledge.

I also find it odd that KH's attorney is stating that they didn't know each other until after Kyron vanished, and their affair began on 6/30. Not out of the realm of possibility, no, but the whole thing seems a bit fishy to me.

I'd be looking into how well Kaine and Michael know each other, actually, rather than TMH's alleged activities with MC.
The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to AnaTeresa For This Useful Post:
Old 07-12-2010, 09:25 PM
WS Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by eyes4crime View Post
I'm concerned about Terri's focus on distant sex. Is this an obsession? In 12 days she supposedly sent pictures of her in various stages of dressing to Kain's long time friend. As children would say: The creep factor is sky rocketing. moo
which is exactly why ugly coping is not a totally outrageous explanation. This behavior is so bizzare in the wake of this whole event,I am not discounting that idea. KWIM?
The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to JBean For This Useful Post:
Old 07-12-2010, 09:25 PM

http://www.katu.com/news/local/96190844.html?tab=video

Previous interview with Michael - starts at about 1:37. The story was published Jun 11, 2010 at 6:40 PM PDT.

Lindsey Baum, Elizabeth Olten, Shantina Smiley/Azriel Carver, Susan Powell, Rachel Anderson, Kyron Horman, Isabel Celis, Sierra Newbold, Lyric Cook & Elizabeth Collins, Christopher Marks, Reena Williams - NEVER FORGOTTEN
The Following 12 Users Say Thank You to Jules71 For This Useful Post:
Old 07-12-2010, 09:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JBean View Post

BBM.

This is exactly how I feel about today's new information - especially the credibility it gives to the landscaper, and the fact that she would most likely not act alone. I firmly feel it is absolutely fair - and vital to finding Kyron - to explore and pressure (even releasing private affairs to the public) anyone who TH has approached in a relationship manner over the last...well, now...since the murder for hire timeframe. Given she seems to feel the need for assurance and support from men, her behavior towards the ones in her life is revealing to all working on the case trying to find Kyron, when TH is being evasive and not passing lie detector tests, et al. not to mention, getting involved in sinister murder plots. Why she wouldn't just leave KH is beyond me. I know it must be hard to be unemployed and wondering about her 18 month old baby and what she could do to keep her, but all this is spiraling into one bad choice after another. And all of it makes it very natural to assume she is involved in Kyron's disappearance.

Last edited by DidionFan; 07-12-2010 at 09:39 PM.
The Following 19 Users Say Thank You to DidionFan For This Useful Post:
Old 07-12-2010, 09:31 PM

My question is, how/who brought this to the spotlight? How did Kaine/LE become aware of this relationship? Phone records?
The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to Indianagirl For This Useful Post:
Old 07-12-2010, 09:32 PM
Adji Desir, missing from Florida since January 2009

IMO it does not look like grieving for Kyron's disappearance and trying to find him is very high on her list of priorities. Doing this while under a lot of scrutiny also shows a lack of judgment that concerns me because who knows what might have happened to Kyron if she exhibits the same lack of judgment in familial situations. It does not seem wise to give the prosecution (if any) this kind of ammunition that shoots down her own character and the image of a grieving stepmom who loved him like her own.

Dunno, maybe she thinks that she's finished anyway and decided to live it up and go out in a blaze but I don't think so because if she's done it before with the landscaper it seems like a recurring pattern.
The Following 18 Users Say Thank You to Donjeta For This Useful Post:
Old 07-12-2010, 09:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4BB View Post
He is also friends with Terri.
Old 07-12-2010, 09:33 PM

And isn't it odd that LE was privy to the text and pics on MC's cell phone. Wouldn't they need a search warrant to get that? It almost seems to me that Kaine put him up to this to try to get info.

Lindsey Baum, Elizabeth Olten, Shantina Smiley/Azriel Carver, Susan Powell, Rachel Anderson, Kyron Horman, Isabel Celis, Sierra Newbold, Lyric Cook & Elizabeth Collins, Christopher Marks, Reena Williams - NEVER FORGOTTEN
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Jules71 For This Useful Post:
Old 07-12-2010, 09:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Indianagirl View Post
My question is, how/who brought this to the spotlight? How did Kaine/LE become aware of this relationship? Phone records?
I think it was when LE was going through cell phone records they came across this/texts with MC.
The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to KR2tonenow For This Useful Post: