Websleuths
Go Back   Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community > Featured Case Discussion > Caylee Anthony 2 years old

Notices

Caylee Anthony 2 years old Not reported missing for a month after she was last seen.

Old 08-16-2010, 06:46 AM

2010.08.16 Brad Conway Resigns

ORLANDO, Fla. --
An attorney will be leaving the case against Casey Anthony, according to sources.

WESH 2 News has learned that the attorney for Caylee's grandparents George and Cindy Anthony, Brad Conway, will no longer be serving as the couple's attorney.

Sources: George, Cindy Anthony's Attorney Quitting
Sources Say Move Result Of Defense's Recent Filings
POSTED: 5:51 am EDT August 16, 2010
UPDATED: 6:31 am EDT August 16, 2010
Email Print
Comments (0)ORLANDO, Fla. --
An attorney will be leaving the case against Casey Anthony, according to sources.

WESH 2 News has learned that the attorney for Caylee's grandparents George and Cindy Anthony, Brad Conway, will no longer be serving as the couple's attorney.

According to sources, Conway's move comes as a result of a new filing by Anthony's defense in their ongoing dispute with Texas Equusearch.

In that filing, Jose Baez, Casey Anthony's attorney, claims Conway was given unrestricted access to review 4,000 pages of volunteer documents while the defense has not been given the same access.

If and when Judge Belvin Perry holds a hearing to settle the bad blood between the defense and Equusearch attorney Mark NeJame, sources said Conway could be called as a witness.

In addition, NBC has sent out an advisory saying Conway will be on the "Today" show later Monday morning with a "major announcement." This begs the question will Conway use this national forum to air some of the ongoing grievances he's had with Anthony's defense team in general, and Jose Baez specifically?

more
http://www.wesh.com/r/24643120/detail.html
The Following 103 Users Say Thank You to LiveLaughLuv For This Useful Post:
*~Aimee~*, 2goldfish, Ada, affinity, Alcina, Angel4u2Whisper2, ATWC66, A_News_Junkie, beach, BetteDavisEyes, butterfly1978, butwhatif?, Cat13067, chelle70, Cherry Baby, christee, cleo612, cloud9, Debbie3223, Eidetic, essies, ExpectingUnicorns, Extrasuper, fhc, Firefly, flourish, gerryl42, Gma Kat, headndownstream, heartfortruth, Holly Oakes, HOPE4CAYLEE, Insomnia Momma, Intermezzo, Itsy, JDzWife, Jomo, JSV, karma-girl, kaRN, Kat, LadyL, ldh, Leila, LillieBelle, lisalei321, logicalgirl, LoisDenominator, Lovejac, Ltmamasan, mankato64, mitzi, Moggie, Mrs G Norris, nervous_nellie, Nore, nums24, nyvictoria, Oakley, ohiogirl, Omachka, OnlineInstructor, panthera, passionflower, penrad, pieceomyheart, Purple Iris, QB., quadlatte, rookie, RR0004, Sanddollar14, sarah7855, scorpion1110, seagull65, ShadowGal, Sherbie, SleuthyMama, smart blonde, SondraK, Sooner Fan#1, Spacegirl, Steely Dan, suki, TakeNote, texaslb218, The World According, Thinaire, ThinkTank, TinPan, TorisMom003, tragco, Trapshooter, trigger, Turnadot, watcher9, watchinginky, wildchild1961, Woe.be.gone, ynotdivein, zoey, zoomom, ZsaZsa
Old 08-16-2010, 06:50 AM

Casey Anthony Updates Conway is expected to appear on the Today Show this morning. What do you think he will say?
http://www.facebook.com/caseyupdates
Old 08-16-2010, 07:04 AM

Insert TWA's u-tube of Gomer Pyle's " Surprise Surprise ".
Old 08-16-2010, 07:09 AM
ARMY STRONG

He probably hears the bus coming...should be interesting.
The Following 17 Users Say Thank You to Sparky For This Useful Post:
Old 08-16-2010, 07:17 AM
I love my APBT

WTH took him so long? Now he can go back to representing paying clients and he can look John Morgan in the eye when they see each other in the hall (don't they work in the same building?)
What was he going to get out of a book deal with the A's anyway? Next to nada compared to what he could be getting on a number of civil litigations.
The Following 13 Users Say Thank You to Just Jayla For This Useful Post:
Old 08-16-2010, 07:18 AM

they seem to have a hard time holding on to attorneys

stop the circus!! these children as all children deserve to be found and justice brought forth for what has happened to them!!

Old 08-16-2010, 07:22 AM
I love my APBT

I am not sure he will say anything negative about any of the parties...he has been made to look like a liar by the Anthony's, biggest thing that pops out in my mind is the LKL interview where CA flat out lied about the diary, and BC tried to correct the record to no avail.
He cannot possibly stand by what CA is spewing in regards to TES, as he had open access, and we all saw it on video-the day he and GA bum-rushed the TES/Nejame presser...they went behind closed doors and GA came out satisfied that his (prolly reluctant) mission had been accomplished.
Between BC and what appears to be GA's intention to take a part of his life back (keeping my fingers crossed), CA might find herself alone with KC and Baez. Have fun supporting your murderess daughter there, CA, let us know how that works out for ya.
Old 08-16-2010, 07:31 AM

The article alleges he is quitting because he may be called as a witness if there is a hearing into the matter of the TES situation.
I don't know but I think there are other reasons. Just my opinion, but I'm thinking he didn't like reading what the lovely CA had to say about another former attorney, MN.

Last edited by QB.; 08-16-2010 at 07:36 AM. Reason: typo
Old 08-16-2010, 07:33 AM

Money is gone... Maybe the JAC isn't favorable to helping him? He certainly won't be missed and neither will his disgusting, bizarre lies and distortions. Oh, IMCO.

Last edited by Horace Finklestein; 08-16-2010 at 07:45 AM.
The Following 15 Users Say Thank You to Horace Finklestein For This Useful Post:
Old 08-16-2010, 07:34 AM
Better Days

Wonder what the real reason is.
Old 08-16-2010, 07:34 AM
For nothing is secret that will not be revealed

Umm -wow. I hope he is OK.

Long Lost Love: The Bob Harrod Story Disappeared/ID Network
Amazon: Purchase Long Lost Love $1.99

Bob Harrod SAR

“The first time someone shows you who they are, believe them.”
― Maya Angelou
The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to believe09 For This Useful Post:
Old 08-16-2010, 07:36 AM
I love my APBT

Quote:
Originally Posted by QB. View Post
The article alleges he is quitting because he may be called as a witness if there is a hearing into the matter of the TES situation.
I don't kow but I think there are other reasons. Just my opinion, but I'm thinking he didn't like reading what the lovely CA had to say about another former attorney, MN.
Agreed-Or any of the other counsels, for that matter-He has to see and work with these people everyday in the halls of the courthouse and his very own office space. Uh, awkward.....
The Following 12 Users Say Thank You to Just Jayla For This Useful Post:
Old 08-16-2010, 07:40 AM

Well well well. I must say, this is the last thing I expected to log online and see this morning.

There is no way that's the only reason he's resigning.

I thought in the beginning Brad was a class act, mainly because he's so mild mannered and pleasant speaking, but the more he stuck by that sideshow, the less respect I had for him. Now, he gets a do-over with me.

If he comes clean about some stuff, I'll appreciate it. If he keeps his mouth shut and doesn't badmouth the Anthonys, I'll appreciate that as well, but ONLY if he's not withholding vital information. Gossip, he can withhold and I won't mind, but not information.

Good luck Cindy. A little lonely out on the limb?
Old 08-16-2010, 07:42 AM
Better Days

So, was he in NY with GA and CA? Are they all still there? Long weekend?
Old 08-16-2010, 07:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gnatcatcher View Post
Well well well. I must say, this is the last thing I expected to log online and see this morning.

There is no way that's the only reason he's resigning.

I thought in the beginning Brad was a class act, mainly because he's so mild mannered and pleasant speaking, but the more he stuck by that sideshow, the less respect I had for him. Now, he gets a do-over with me.

If he comes clean about some stuff, I'll appreciate it. If he keeps his mouth shut and doesn't badmouth the Anthonys, I'll appreciate that as well, but ONLY if he's not withholding vital information. Gossip, he can withhold and I won't mind, but not information.

Good luck Cindy. A little lonely out on the limb?
I agree. I always liked him. From what I saw I thought he was hard working and loyal and didn't seem to be in it for the attention. I believe he truly was trying to help out.
I wish him well.
Old 08-16-2010, 07:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LancelotLink View Post
So, was he in NY with GA and CA? Are they all still there? Long weekend?
ON SWatts last night , Steph said they had flown back to Florida already by Sunday.
The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to QB. For This Useful Post:
Old 08-16-2010, 07:45 AM

Quote:
I don't know but I think there are other reasons. Just my opinion, but I'm thinking he didn't like reading what the lovely CA had to say about another former attorney, MN.
BBM

That was immediately my take on this and this is exactly what is going on. BC is in a position to KNOW that what CA had to say was NOT the truth. Before this is over, he will regret not having stepped down a long time ago.
Old 08-16-2010, 07:47 AM

Wonder who will step up and represent them now.
The Following 13 Users Say Thank You to QB. For This Useful Post:
Old 08-16-2010, 07:48 AM

Will be interesting to see who, if anyone, steps up to represent them now.
Old 08-16-2010, 07:49 AM

Quote:
Wonder who will step up and represent them now.
LOL, looks like we were thinking the same thing at the same time!
Old 08-16-2010, 07:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Horace Finklestein View Post
Money is gone... Maybe the JAC isn't favorable to helping him? He certainly won't be missed and neither will his disgusting, bizarre lies and distortions. Oh, IMCO.
The JAC would not be paying for his services, he was attorney for the A's.

As far as I know, he was never being paid.
The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to QB. For This Useful Post:
Old 08-16-2010, 07:53 AM
I love my APBT

Attorneys who have had the good sense to run like hell from this catastrophe?

Garrison
Lenamon
Nejame
Lyons
Conway
Hon. Stan Strickland

And how many attorneys for the witnesses have been relcutant to have their clients become deeply involved in this? They know this is a vortex you don't want to get sucked into, and their clients might be the next scape goats-TL's, AH's, AD's, TLuka...trying to keep their clients shielded from the fishing expedition....Even attorneys for defense witnesses are getting squirrely.

ETChange-Nejame did not run, he stood and fought for what appears to be the right side.

Last edited by Just Jayla; 08-16-2010 at 08:00 AM.
Old 08-16-2010, 07:59 AM

IDK..but seems to me, the A's had been very quiet, up until the infamous 911 calls got into court. Seems CA MUST try and turn it around. See, IMO, I believe CA can't be the one who brings ICA down! I think BC might have told her to let it go, Cindy...but Cindy in all her glory, must set the record straight, it must not look like she is betraying ICA. No one can keep her quiet when she wants to go off on these tangents...JMHO

It can't be only the accusation on Baez' part with the 4,000 TES records, which according to MN, didn't happen..So, we're left wondering until we hear it from BC's mouth...JMHO

Justice for Caylee
The Following 16 Users Say Thank You to LiveLaughLuv For This Useful Post:
Old 08-16-2010, 08:01 AM

I wonder if BC quit because he represents both C & G and he is now positioning to back away from George because of the accusations made by KC.

Cindy believes KC and George would be too expensive to defend if he really gets wrapped up as the fall guy. If I were their lawyer, I would quit too.

Could there be a separation coming which would make picking sides difficult for him with inside knowledge.

JMHO
Old 08-16-2010, 08:02 AM

Just announce BC coming up on Today show in the next half hour.