Websleuths
Go Back   Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community > Missing!! > Located Forum Discussion

Notices

Located Forum Discussion Discussion for those who were missing and are now located


Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #476  
Old 09-20-2010, 03:34 PM
dotr dotr is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Posts: 6,773
How do we know if the perp is a man?

http://cnews.canoe.ca/CNEWS/WeirdNew.../15411611.html
Naked women fought on balcony

By QMI Agency






A 29-year-old Hamilton, Ont., woman has been charged with attempted murder after police were called to an apartment building where two women were fighting naked on a third-floor balcony last Monday evening.

Police broke up the fight and launched an investigation.

Karyn Dejong, 29, of Hamilton has been charged with being in a dwelling unlawfully, sexual assault and attempted murder. She appeared in court Sunday and was remanded into custody.
The Following User Says Thank You to dotr For This Useful Post:
  #477  
Old 09-20-2010, 03:50 PM
Wondergirl's Avatar
Wondergirl Wondergirl is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2010
Posts: 7,278
Quote:
Originally Posted by dotr View Post
How do we know if the perp is a man?

http://cnews.canoe.ca/CNEWS/WeirdNew.../15411611.html
Naked women fought on balcony

By QMI Agency






A 29-year-old Hamilton, Ont., woman has been charged with attempted murder after police were called to an apartment building where two women were fighting naked on a third-floor balcony last Monday evening.

Police broke up the fight and launched an investigation.

Karyn Dejong, 29, of Hamilton has been charged with being in a dwelling unlawfully, sexual assault and attempted murder. She appeared in court Sunday and was remanded into custody.
Good point, we don't.
The Following User Says Thank You to Wondergirl For This Useful Post:
  #478  
Old 09-20-2010, 03:51 PM
Wondergirl's Avatar
Wondergirl Wondergirl is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2010
Posts: 7,278
Quote:
Originally Posted by Summersolstice View Post
It makes sense to me that she took a job at a Mississauga pharmaceutical company. No doubt it was a day job. She worked with epileptic kids, and that involves pharmaceuticals.

Outdoorsy people often wear boots, so I do wonder if the perp is someone from the Collingwood area where she skied, or the Longford area where she spent the summer.

Did they find her bike? That could be a key.

Does anyone know if LE in Blue Mountain/Collingwood have conducted any searches there? Any other deaths/disappearances under strange circumstances up there?
I just wonder if there was a negative reason why she left the hospital (motive).

Was her bike missing? I must have missed that.
The Following User Says Thank You to Wondergirl For This Useful Post:
  #479  
Old 09-20-2010, 04:38 PM
missbrooks missbrooks is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Orangeville, Ontario
Posts: 24
It could have been a woman that killed her, maybe a jealous one. Some women can be extremely vicious when it has to do with a man.
The Following User Says Thank You to missbrooks For This Useful Post:
  #480  
Old 09-20-2010, 04:41 PM
missbrooks missbrooks is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Orangeville, Ontario
Posts: 24
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bratislava View Post
I wonder if she normally left her garage open or if this was another careless move on the part of Sonia's murderer?
I think the killer left the garage door open after backing out with Sonia's body in the trunk. I don't think it was careless; he just wanted to get away fast. Too many chances to be seen if he gets out to close the door after him. Although I still don't know why he took an even bigger chance taking her out the front door.
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to missbrooks For This Useful Post:
  #481  
Old 09-20-2010, 05:32 PM
marooncat marooncat is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Posts: 23
Quote:
Originally Posted by missbrooks View Post
It could have been a woman that killed her, maybe a jealous one. Some women can be extremely vicious when it has to do with a man.
We, the public, don't know if it was a man or a woman, but perhaps the police might know (she might have been sexually assaulted, and the police can't release the information)
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to marooncat For This Useful Post:
  #482  
Old 09-20-2010, 06:39 PM
LadyL's Avatar
LadyL LadyL is offline
Until they all come home
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Posts: 7,243
chances are it's a man if they're interested in size 10/11 workboots
__________________
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to LadyL For This Useful Post:
  #483  
Old 09-20-2010, 06:49 PM
Kamille's Avatar
Kamille Kamille is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2009
Posts: 6,419
It is rather odd that a woman who had worked for years on the night shift, was murdered in the middle of the night only a month after she changed jobs to working the day shift. I wonder if she normally worked on Sunday nights at her old job?
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Kamille For This Useful Post:
  #484  
Old 09-20-2010, 06:50 PM
Kamille's Avatar
Kamille Kamille is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2009
Posts: 6,419
Quote:
Originally Posted by LadyL View Post
chances are it's a man if they're interested in size 10/11 workboots
Yes even though some woman probably prefer men's work boots, that size would indicate it's likely a man IMO.
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Kamille For This Useful Post:
  #485  
Old 09-20-2010, 07:01 PM
flipflop's Avatar
flipflop flipflop is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Posts: 2,732
Quote:
Originally Posted by missbrooks View Post
I think the killer left the garage door open after backing out with Sonia's body in the trunk. I don't think it was careless; he just wanted to get away fast. Too many chances to be seen if he gets out to close the door after him. Although I still don't know why he took an even bigger chance taking her out the front door.
Do we know if Sonia's house had a door from the house to the garage, I'm assuming NO and that is why there was blood on the front steps.
The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to flipflop For This Useful Post:
  #486  
Old 09-20-2010, 07:49 PM
matou's Avatar
matou matou is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Toronto
Posts: 12,369
I wonder how much gas there was left in Sonia's vehicle when it was discovered? I wonder if the perp would have driven further with the car to dispose of her but needed to return to a central area to avoid needing to go to a gas station or risk having to walk along the roads and being seen after leaving the car behind.
The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to matou For This Useful Post:
  #487  
Old 09-20-2010, 08:18 PM
matou's Avatar
matou matou is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Toronto
Posts: 12,369
If this guy had his own car, where did he park when he broke into Sonia's home? If he parked elsewhere i.e. where he parked her car in the back alley of Broadway, he would have needed to walk to her house on foot. He would have exposed himself to being seen by at least a few late drivers and others heading home or to work in the early hours.

I am now believing that the perp is someone who lives very close by who knew Sonia lived alone. Maybe even someone from her street. He would not have his own car and would need to return her car back to where he took her because this is where the he lives. He would not be able to return home without being detected full of blood and would be seen walking from the disposal site. I'm feeling this is a young guy and lives close by to Sonia. JMO of course.
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to matou For This Useful Post:
  #488  
Old 09-20-2010, 08:40 PM
abberline abberline is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Posts: 15
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kamille View Post
It is rather odd that a woman who had worked for years on the night shift, was murdered in the middle of the night only a month after she changed jobs to working the day shift. I wonder if she normally worked on Sunday nights at her old job?
Burglary gone wrong? This would really fit with a person that lived nearby. I was thinking that the killer would have had to know she was alone. Perhaps he thought she wasn't home at all. I still cannot figure out what possible advantage he thought he would have by removing her though, other than delayed detection.

As far as the killer being a woman, apart from the size 10/11 boots, we are talking about lugging a body out of a house, into a car, and then disposal in the woods. I don't mean to start a whole man vs. woman debate, but this would suggest a male killer. Not exclusively, but it would be pretty long odds.
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to abberline For This Useful Post:
  #489  
Old 09-20-2010, 09:11 PM
Wondergirl's Avatar
Wondergirl Wondergirl is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2010
Posts: 7,278
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kamille View Post
It is rather odd that a woman who had worked for years on the night shift, was murdered in the middle of the night only a month after she changed jobs to working the day shift. I wonder if she normally worked on Sunday nights at her old job?
That's a great point.

This may have been the first length of time where Sonia was actually home in the evening. Maybe the perp didn't know she was in a new job, and was going to burgalize her home, as someone pointed out.

I wonder what her old shift rotation was at the hospital, and also, what her other co-workers/neighbours shift rotations are? Not just shift times, but shift days (4 days on/3 days off type of thing).

I wonder if there are any "happening" local hotspots on Sunday in Orangeville? What is the closing time of the local pubs/clubs/bars?

Last edited by Wondergirl; 09-20-2010 at 09:30 PM.
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Wondergirl For This Useful Post:
  #490  
Old 09-20-2010, 09:14 PM
Wondergirl's Avatar
Wondergirl Wondergirl is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2010
Posts: 7,278
Quote:
Originally Posted by matou View Post
I wonder how much gas there was left in Sonia's vehicle when it was discovered? I wonder if the perp would have driven further with the car to dispose of her but needed to return to a central area to avoid needing to go to a gas station or risk having to walk along the roads and being seen after leaving the car behind.
That's a good question. Also, I still can't really think of a reason to leave the front doors and trunk open.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Wondergirl For This Useful Post:
  #491  
Old 09-20-2010, 09:20 PM
Wondergirl's Avatar
Wondergirl Wondergirl is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2010
Posts: 7,278
Quote:
Originally Posted by matou View Post
If this guy had his own car, where did he park when he broke into Sonia's home? If he parked elsewhere i.e. where he parked her car in the back alley of Broadway, he would have needed to walk to her house on foot. He would have exposed himself to being seen by at least a few late drivers and others heading home or to work in the early hours.

I am now believing that the perp is someone who lives very close by who knew Sonia lived alone. Maybe even someone from her street. He would not have his own car and would need to return her car back to where he took her because this is where the he lives. He would not be able to return home without being detected full of blood and would be seen walking from the disposal site. I'm feeling this is a young guy and lives close by to Sonia. JMO of course.
BBM: I agree.

Either the perp was covered in blood and walked home from the car disposal site (which was likely close by) OR he was covered in blood and walked to his vehicle from the car disposal site, after which, he most assuredly would have stained his vehicle in some way.

Someone who has detailed their vehicle extensively (local car wash?), or purchased new car seat covers recently, could be suspect.
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Wondergirl For This Useful Post:
  #492  
Old 09-20-2010, 09:43 PM
Wondergirl's Avatar
Wondergirl Wondergirl is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2010
Posts: 7,278
I see the Glenn Haffey Conservation Area and the Albion Hills Conservation Area are both very close to where Sonia was recovered AND close to Bolton, ON, where Sonia was from. I wonder if Sonia ever used to bike or hike there?

http://www.trca.on.ca/enjoy/location...ation-area.dot

http://www.thehillsofheadwaters.com/albionhills/
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Wondergirl For This Useful Post:
  #493  
Old 09-20-2010, 11:06 PM
Kamille's Avatar
Kamille Kamille is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2009
Posts: 6,419
Quote:
Originally Posted by matou View Post
I wonder how much gas there was left in Sonia's vehicle when it was discovered? I wonder if the perp would have driven further with the car to dispose of her but needed to return to a central area to avoid needing to go to a gas station or risk having to walk along the roads and being seen after leaving the car behind.
That's a great question matou. Sonia had been at her parent's home in Bolton during the day and she had to travel to Mississauga in the morning for work. I wonder when she last put gas in the car and how much was left when it was found. Did the person even notice or take that into consideration when choosing where to take her? I posted earlier about the fact that it seems like they got to the end of the sideroad and when they would have had to go either north or south on Airport Rd, which is another main road, they may have decided to turn around because her body was found on the north side of the sideroad. Perhaps that is why, because they were running low on gas. Maybe there was another place they were headed to?

It just seems weird that they headed back towards Bolton, where Sonia's parents live and where she was earlier in the day. And I've always thought it strange that the perpetrator would choose that particular sideroad which would be a possible route for Sonia herself to take to visit her parent's home if she wanted to avoid busy Hwy 9. Why did this person drive towards that area I wonder? Did Sonia ever travel that sideroad? This was not the first side road off of Hwy 10 that they could have taken if they wanted to get off a main road quickly. There is another sideroad that goes in the opposite direction before that one. They may have been familiar with that road.

MOO
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Kamille For This Useful Post:
  #494  
Old 09-20-2010, 11:10 PM
Kamille's Avatar
Kamille Kamille is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2009
Posts: 6,419
Quote:
Originally Posted by matou View Post
If this guy had his own car, where did he park when he broke into Sonia's home? If he parked elsewhere i.e. where he parked her car in the back alley of Broadway, he would have needed to walk to her house on foot. He would have exposed himself to being seen by at least a few late drivers and others heading home or to work in the early hours.

I am now believing that the perp is someone who lives very close by who knew Sonia lived alone. Maybe even someone from her street. He would not have his own car and would need to return her car back to where he took her because this is where the he lives. He would not be able to return home without being detected full of blood and would be seen walking from the disposal site. I'm feeling this is a young guy and lives close by to Sonia. JMO of course.
On google maps, I think I remember seeing a lot of low rise apartment buildings on one of the streets very close to where the car was left. A single person living alone in an apartment complex comes to mind for me.

MOO
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Kamille For This Useful Post:
  #495  
Old 09-21-2010, 01:07 AM
colette's Avatar
colette colette is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Indiana
Posts: 1,681
Many have wondered why the killer had left the doors and trunk of Sonia's car open. I think the killer was hoping someone would steal the car. A car thief could get curious why the doors are open and no person is around, and then find the keys right in the ignition.
My other guess is he had his own car nearby. Probably adult male, known to her.
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to colette For This Useful Post:
  #496  
Old 09-21-2010, 07:36 AM
katecav katecav is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Posts: 33
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wondergirl View Post
That's a great point.

This may have been the first length of time where Sonia was actually home in the evening. Maybe the perp didn't know she was in a new job, and was going to burgalize her home, as someone pointed out.

I wonder what her old shift rotation was at the hospital, and also, what her other co-workers/neighbours shift rotations are? Not just shift times, but shift days (4 days on/3 days off type of thing).

I wonder if there are any "happening" local hotspots on Sunday in Orangeville? What is the closing time of the local pubs/clubs/bars?
The bars close at 1AM and really nothing hops on a Sunday night.
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to katecav For This Useful Post:
  #497  
Old 09-21-2010, 09:54 AM
Wondergirl's Avatar
Wondergirl Wondergirl is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2010
Posts: 7,278
Quote:
Originally Posted by colette View Post
Many have wondered why the killer had left the doors and trunk of Sonia's car open. I think the killer was hoping someone would sal the car. A car thief could get curious why the doors are open and no person is around, and then find the keys right in the ignition.
My other guess is he had his own car nearby. Probably adult male, known to her.
Now THAT is a very good point.

If the keys were found in the ignition, that would make alot of sense, the perp figured her car would indeed get stolen, and perhaps that is why he left it where he did.

Do any of the locals know if that alley way has a high crime rate?
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Wondergirl For This Useful Post:
  #498  
Old 09-21-2010, 09:55 AM
Wondergirl's Avatar
Wondergirl Wondergirl is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2010
Posts: 7,278
Quote:
Originally Posted by katecav View Post
The bars close at 1AM and really nothing hops on a Sunday night.
Thank-you, Katecav.

What IS open at that time of night on a Sunday in Orangeville, and the surrounding area? Anything happening in Bolton or Caledon?
The Following User Says Thank You to Wondergirl For This Useful Post:
  #499  
Old 09-21-2010, 10:00 AM
Wondergirl's Avatar
Wondergirl Wondergirl is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2010
Posts: 7,278
There was a recent large bust in Orangeville (July 7, 2010) regarding street crimes:

“The object of the joint forces project was to target those criminals who conduct their illegal activities on our streets and directly impact on our communities,” Orangeville police chief Joseph Tomei said during a press conference in Shelburne Tuesday afternoon.

The purpose of this investigation was to provide focused enforcement against street-level drug dealers in the Town of Shelburne, The Town of Orangeville and the communities that comprise Dufferin County,” Shelburne police chief Kent Moore said. “Shelburne and Orangeville Police Services recognize that the drug problem is not only very serious but was deep-rooted within Orangeville, Shelburne and the surrounding areas.”


http://www.orangeville.com/orangeville/article/844733
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Wondergirl For This Useful Post:
  #500  
Old 09-21-2010, 11:49 AM
Kamille's Avatar
Kamille Kamille is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2009
Posts: 6,419
Quote:
Originally Posted by colette View Post
Many have wondered why the killer had left the doors and trunk of Sonia's car open. I think the killer was hoping someone would steal the car. A car thief could get curious why the doors are open and no person is around, and then find the keys right in the ignition.
My other guess is he had his own car nearby. Probably adult male, known to her.
I considered that too, possibly hoping someone would steal the car or at the very least, with the doors and trunk open, someone or something (small animals, rain) would go through the car and contaminate any DNA before it was reported to the police.

MOO
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Kamille For This Useful Post:
Closed Thread

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Found Deceased Canada - Sonia Varaschin, 42, Orangeville, 29 Aug 2010 - #2 Salem Located Forum Discussion 957 04-09-2014 12:37 AM
Found Deceased Canada - Brendan Dixon, 17, Ontario, 20 Aug 2010 Hazel Located Forum Discussion 15 11-13-2010 12:00 PM
Canada, Ontario-2 missing Orangeville women found dead Patience Up to the Minute 2 10-03-2010 10:43 AM


© Copyright Websleuths 1999-2012 New To Site? Need Help?
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.1
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
All times are GMT -4. The time now is 11:54 PM.

Advertisements

Pre-Order Imperfect Justice: Prosecuting Casey Anthony today!