Websleuths
Go Back   Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community > Featured Case Discussion > Hot Cases > Kyron Horman

Notices

Kyron Horman Kyron went missing from his school in Oregon. His mother has a civil suit on his step-mother and his father is in the middle of a divorce. WHERE IS KYRON?

Old 09-03-2010, 09:17 PM
WS Super Moderator

Regardless of the precise words Kaine used, the underlying message is that Kyron's disappearance was an isolated incident. TH is responsible, and it was not a stranger abduction. So there is no reason for parents to be any more concerned for their childrens' safety beyond what is normal and reasonable.

That's a mighty big statement to make to parents. Personally, I could never be so bold unless I was 100% certain I was correct. I think KH is a very intelligent and rational man, so I don't believe he would, either.

I don't even know to this day what I meant by what I said.
Casey Anthony, bankruptcy/Zenaida Gonzalez deposition, 01/23/2014
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to bessie For This Useful Post:
Old 09-03-2010, 09:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CarrieBean View Post
I doubt any of the parents at that meeting are taking Kaine's words quite so literally. I'm guessing that he assured them that they believe (possibly even know, absolutely) TH had everything to do with Kyron going missing, and nothing to do with a random person/parent/creep walking into the school and taking him.
I am not so sure that everyone believes that.

It said they were having the meeting in part because some of the parents had questions about the security measures.

IMO
Old 09-03-2010, 09:25 PM

Kaine has no other children slated to attend skyline this school year besides kyron. of course we'll never know but, I wonder if he did -would be saying these same words and more importantly would he be sending his other child into that school.
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to jadejazzkayla For This Useful Post:
Old 09-03-2010, 11:13 PM
Where Are All The Missing ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluestocking View Post
BBM

This seems to imply that he does not hold the school responsible at all--and I think his saying so lends the school credibility. If I were there, I would draw the conclusion that there is no need for me to worry about a repeat incident--see, even Kyron's dad says so. If I were an employee at that school, I would want students and parents as reassured as possible, because the first days are tough enough without the extra anxiety. I think Kaine feels strongly about his community and wants to support the school, which he does not believe has done anything wrong, and which was, in fact, a very good place for Kyron to be. I don't really think this was LE's idea--but they are also supporting him. MOO
bbm

Yet in an earlier article Kaine says,

"My number one thing ... is the security aspect of it," Kaine told KATU reporter Dan Tilkin by phone. "There are a lot of people who go up to the wall everyday, and when school starts I don't think that having a lot of new faces, new adults, on the school property with kids in school really helps with schoool security. We have a missing child, and security was part of the issue with him going missing ...

http://www.katu.com/news/local/100800094.html

Where is Nancy Moyer?

http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sho...er#post5351180
The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to RubyRed For This Useful Post:
Old 09-03-2010, 11:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jade2010 View Post
I'm sure the school appreciates Kaine feeling the school was safe before and can use his words if Kaine ever tries to sue the school.
Good point.
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to gardeness For This Useful Post:
Old 09-03-2010, 11:31 PM
Where Are All The Missing ?

This school is going to be one of the safest schools now because of what happened to Kyron. Personally, I think the psychological aspect for some of the children, is going to be the challenge.

Where is Nancy Moyer?

http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sho...er#post5351180
The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to RubyRed For This Useful Post:
Old 09-03-2010, 11:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cluciano63 View Post
I don't think Kaine can know for sure that what he thinks is true (that Terri is guilty and the school and the children are safe; if LE knows for sure and could prove it, she would be in jail, awaiting trial.

But I don't find it unusual that they are preparing for the school year, what else can they do? I just hope they are both getting counseled as to how to accept the alternative scenarios, if necessary.
I don't think Kaine knows anything significant, otherwise LE would know important facts, like Kyron's status...
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to gardeness For This Useful Post:
Old 09-03-2010, 11:33 PM

That is an excellent point about the school trying to CYA in the event that KH tries to sue the school later, say if it turns out to not be TMH. Now they have him on record as giving them good PR.
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to LillyRush For This Useful Post:
Old 09-03-2010, 11:37 PM
Banned

Quote:
I'm sure the school appreciates Kaine feeling the school was safe before and can use his words if Kaine ever tries to sue the school.
Nicely stated, I concur!
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to nonfictionrocks For This Useful Post:
Old 09-03-2010, 11:43 PM
"Fasten your seatbelts. It's going to be a bumpy night."

Quote:
As I said earlier in this thread, I have to wonder if Desiree and/or Tony share Kaine's sentiments about Skyline's safety and if they authorized Kaine to speak on their behalf? What happens if Terri is not the culprit? Will Desiree/Tony be locked into Kaine's statements about the school having provided a safe environment for Kyron and that only his stepmother could have managed to take the boy out of the building without getting caught?

While I'm sure that Kaine meant well and that his remarks regarding the safety of Skyline School were intended to reassure parents, I hope that Kaine's comments don't come back to haunt him in the future. jmo
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to BetteDavisEyes For This Useful Post:
Old 09-03-2010, 11:54 PM

The thing is though I haven't heard Desiree or Tony say anything amazingly positive about the school, except for maybe in regards to the Wall of Hope and the vigils happening there. So, I suspect that Desiree could turn around in either case (TMH guilty or not) and say the school was negligent whether it was in regards to letting TMH leave w/o properly excusing him or if it's a SO who gained access due to lax security.
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to LillyRush For This Useful Post:
Old 09-04-2010, 12:06 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RubyRed View Post
bbm

Yet in an earlier article Kaine says,

"My number one thing ... is the security aspect of it," Kaine told KATU reporter Dan Tilkin by phone. "There are a lot of people who go up to the wall everyday, and when school starts I don't think that having a lot of new faces, new adults, on the school property with kids in school really helps with schoool security. We have a missing child, and security was part of the issue with him going missing ...

http://www.katu.com/news/local/100800094.html
If camera's had been in place when Kyron went missing we would know who took him or if he walked outside alone. IMHO, I think Kaine's reference to security was part of the issue is about video not being available at the time of Kyron's disappearance.

Moving the wall away from the school was the only responsible thing to do given the circumstances. All kinds of Yahoos are drawn to areas that MSM frequent. I wouldn't send my kid to a school that the media was parked out front of or that curious strangers might want to frequent. Would any of you?
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to krowdkat For This Useful Post:
Old 09-04-2010, 04:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeanE View Post
Kaine Horman, Kyron's father, was at the school Thursday and said Skyline parents should feel confident their children are safe.

"It was a safe school before, it probably will be one of the safest schools in the state," Kaine Horman said. "Everyone has come together and they feel like they can bring their kids back to safe environment."

http://www.kptv.com/news/24872522/detail.html

Gates was at the meeting too.

I don't think any one can or should feel confident of safety unless LE knows for sure who ALL of Terri's 'loyal and/or manipulated helpers' are. JMO
Old 09-04-2010, 06:22 AM
Verified Attorney

Quote:
Originally Posted by oceanblueeyes View Post
I am not so sure that everyone believes that.

It said they were having the meeting in part because some of the parents had questions about the security measures.

IMO
The fact that Kyron went missing from the school, whether by TH's hands or not, is a concern, I would imagine, because Kyron went missing and has not been found. If they had had better security measures, this may not have happened. If they had had cameras, perhaps we would know where Kyron is at this point.
I know what I'd be asking the school if I was a parent: 'According to statements by a kid at this school, Kyron was noticed to be missing and a staff member got nervous enough about it for the teacher to respond, "Calm down, calm down. He's probably getting a drink." But he was not reported missing until after school let out. Can you explain that please? Is this true?'
Old 09-04-2010, 08:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cocolafay View Post
I don't think any one can or should feel confident of safety unless LE knows for sure who ALL of Terri's 'loyal and/or manipulated helpers' are. JMO
And in my opinion...and this is really far reaching..I was always worred that Terri and her accomplices would wait until school re-opened and try at least to put on the show of another attempted abduction...not necessarily take or harm another child but approach one suspiciously to divert the attention and guilt from themselves and make everyone second guess her/their guilt. Was also thinking LE may have the same thoughts and would be all over that school the first couple of weeks. Now with the high tech cameras publicized that sure wont happen...
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to lynmaree For This Useful Post:
Old 09-04-2010, 11:36 AM
WS Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by cypress View Post
IMHO, it is not Kaine's place to assure the community that their children are safe at Skyline. It is LE who needs to step forward and assure the public, as it is their responsibility to serve and protect.
the meeting was private... so we don't know what LE said at the meeting. MOO
Old 09-04-2010, 01:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cypress View Post
IMHO, it is not Kaine's place to assure the community that their children are safe at Skyline. It is LE who needs to step forward and assure the public, as it is their responsibility to serve and protect.
I agree that it is not kaine's place to say anything regarding town/school security.

I don't think le would EVER say skyline is safe.
The Following User Says Thank You to jadejazzkayla For This Useful Post:
Old 09-04-2010, 03:36 PM

http://www.oregonlive.com/portland/i...out_missi.html

Horman said he collects any toys or stuffed animals left at the memorial and brings them back to Kyron's room at the home in rural northwest Multnomah County where he recently returned with his 20-month-old daughter, Kiara.

"We're putting some shelves up so we can put everything up for him when he comes home," he said.

I'm just curious, who is WE, is Desiree staying there with Kaine?
This is the second time (I forgot where the first was) that I found the term "WE" sounded like someone else besides BabyK was at the house with them. Anyone know?
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Billylee For This Useful Post:
Old 09-04-2010, 03:44 PM
If we couldn't laugh, we would all go insane!

Quote:
Originally Posted by LaceSprocket View Post
I bet Kaine did it as a favor to Skyline - we don't know, but I can only assume that Skyline has been very supportive of Kaine and family during this time. Maybe he felt it was his way of giving something back?

I mean... if you had a child at Skyline and were concerned about security due to Kyron, who better to reassure you than Kyron's father himself?

On another note, regardless of the Kyron situation, no school should hold open, public meetings to discuss security of the children! That's nuts. I'm glad they kept it closed. As it should be.

Respectfully ~~

P1: Why would Kaine need to do anything as a favor to Skyline? His son was kidnapped from their school. Supportive or not, what could he possibly owe them?

P2: I don't see how Kaine discussing with parents the schools improved security would reassure them. I mean, if a child were kidnapped from my childrens school, right under the noses of the teachers, NOTHING would reassure me. The only way I'd be reassured as a parent would be if Kaine and/or LE laid out absolute proof it was TH who took Kyron. Which leads me to believe they did because there's no other way of reassuring parents.

P3: Totally agree! A public meeting regarding security procedures certainly isn't necessary!

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to YellowSubmarine For This Useful Post:
Old 09-04-2010, 03:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Billylee View Post
http://www.oregonlive.com/portland/i...out_missi.html

Horman said he collects any toys or stuffed animals left at the memorial and brings them back to Kyron's room at the home in rural northwest Multnomah County where he recently returned with his 20-month-old daughter, Kiara.

"We're putting some shelves up so we can put everything up for him when he comes home," he said.

I'm just curious, who is WE, is Desiree staying there with Kaine?
This is the second time (I forgot where the first was) that I found the term "WE" sounded like someone else besides BabyK was at the house with them. Anyone know?
He may be referring to Desiree but not meaning that she is staying there. Just that they are doing certain Kyron-related things together.

I think you and I are about it here today, BillyLee...
Old 09-04-2010, 05:51 PM

I don't have a problem with Kaine not giving up hope...but signing Kyron up for soccer? And getting bus passes for school? If by some miracle, Kyron returns this weekend, I can't imagine he will be in any mental or emotional condition to return to school and play soccer. I just hope Kaine is not deluding himself, that he has a sense of reality as well. Whatever has happened to Kyron, if he is alive by some chance, he won't be returning as a happy, confident little boy. He would likely needs lot of therapy and may be frightened to even be away from his parents at all.

We all want Kyron to return safely but I think it has gone beyond the point where Kyron would simply be able to slip into his old life, after being wrenched away from it, for months.

I only hope Kaine and Desiree are grounded in reality as they continue to keep their hopes up.
Old 09-04-2010, 05:53 PM

How does he know the children are safe,unless he knows with absolute certainty,what happened to his own son?
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to FORDANIEL For This Useful Post:
Old 09-04-2010, 06:04 PM
"Fasten your seatbelts. It's going to be a bumpy night."

Quote:
I don't have a problem with Kaine not giving up hope...but signing Kyron up for soccer? And getting bus passes for school? If by some miracle, Kyron returns this weekend, I can't imagine he will be in any mental or emotional condition to return to school and play soccer. I just hope Kaine is not deluding himself, that he has a sense of reality as well. Whatever has happened to Kyron, if he is alive by some chance, he won't be returning as a happy, confident little boy. He would likely needs lot of therapy and may be frightened to even be away from his parents at all.

We all want Kyron to return safely but I think it has gone beyond the point where Kyron would simply be able to slip into his old life, after being wrenched away from it, for months.

I only hope Kaine and Desiree are grounded in reality as they continue to keep their hopes up.
BBM. Do you have a link for the info about soccer and bus passes? TIA

I, too, don't think that Kyron would be able to resume any kind of normalcy at home, school, extra-curricular activities, etc. after having been away for so long. I'm sure that he would need therapy and a period of transitioning slowly into the life that was familiar to him. jmo
The Following User Says Thank You to BetteDavisEyes For This Useful Post:
Old 09-04-2010, 06:14 PM

http://www.oregonlive.com/portland/i..._out_hope.html

It is in this story, Bette D-
Old 09-04-2010, 06:20 PM

Quote:
I don't have a problem with Kaine not giving up hope...but signing Kyron up for soccer? And getting bus passes for school?
IMO, the public is watching a father who is stuck in grief and hope because no one has discovered what has happened to his little boy. It is awful to witness, and must be torture to experience.

Perhaps he got the bus pass and signed Kyron up for soccer because to do otherwise would mean he had given up hope that Kyron is alive and will be returned to him. Maybe he thinks that if he speaks and acts as if Kyron is alive and will come home soon, that will make it happen, and if he does otherwise, he'll jinx it.

I don't see how any parents can be grounded and rational in a situation like this, when the overriding emotion they are trying to keep from completely overtaking them is terror.