Websleuths
Go Back   Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community > Featured Case Discussion > JonBenet Ramsey

Notices

JonBenet Ramsey What really happened to 6 year old JonBenet? Someone is getting away with murder. All information posted on this site is gained through published documentation on this case. It is strictly opinion only.


View Poll Results: Have You Heard Burke's Voice on 911 Tape??
YES 38 42.22%
NO 34 37.78%
NOT SURE 18 20.00%
Voters: 90. You may not vote on this poll

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #51  
Old 10-16-2010, 03:57 AM
srvfan srvfan is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: Stephenville, TX
Posts: 15
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ames View Post
KoldKase and I both agree that it seems that alot of people are trying to convince those of us that actually heard the enhanced 911 tape, that we really didn't. Just because it is stated that the enhanced 911 tape was never played...doesn't mean that it wasn't. I know what I heard....and the subject was the 911 call ....not a mock trial. This was way before I had even started getting on the internet...and way before I knew what Websleuths was.
I wasn't saying that you never heard it, Nor was I trying to change the subject to a mock trial as you say. I was just saying that if it is out there, I have never found it.
Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to srvfan For This Useful Post:
  #52  
Old 10-16-2010, 07:49 AM
joeskidbeck's Avatar
joeskidbeck joeskidbeck is offline
Rest in Peace
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: Georgia
Posts: 1,898
Quote:
Originally Posted by srvfan View Post
I wasn't saying that you never heard it, Nor was I trying to change the subject to a mock trial as you say. I was just saying that if it is out there, I have never found it.
It may not be out there now, but it was at one time, early on. Those of us who heard it may not be able to claim for sure the young voice was Burke, but the man speaking was John Ramsey. No doubt.
__________________
"This Time We Get it Right!"

"For those who believe, no proof is necessary.
For those who don't believe, no proof is possible." Stuart Chase
Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to joeskidbeck For This Useful Post:
  #53  
Old 10-16-2010, 04:32 PM
Linda7NJ's Avatar
Linda7NJ Linda7NJ is online now
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Posts: 26,064
Quote:
Originally Posted by srvfan View Post
I wasn't saying that you never heard it, Nor was I trying to change the subject to a mock trial as you say. I was just saying that if it is out there, I have never found it.
I never found it either.
__________________


Nosy by Nature and a Websleuther by choice
Reply With Quote
  #54  
Old 10-16-2010, 09:25 PM
DeeDee249 DeeDee249 is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: In the Federal Witness Protection Program
Posts: 7,450
I have never heard BR speak as a child, so I cannot identify his voice, but I DID hear a young boy's voice on that tape. So unless there was another male child in the home that morning, it has to be BR's voice.
__________________
THIS time, we get it RIGHT!

This post is my constitutionally-protected opinion. Please do not copy or take it anywhere else.
Reply With Quote
The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to DeeDee249 For This Useful Post:
  #55  
Old 10-16-2010, 11:05 PM
Ames's Avatar
Ames Ames is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Somewhere In Time
Posts: 5,842
Quote:
Originally Posted by srvfan View Post
I wasn't saying that you never heard it, Nor was I trying to change the subject to a mock trial as you say. I was just saying that if it is out there, I have never found it.
Sorry, you misunderstood me...I wasn't saying that YOU said it was a mock trial...but, some people...not you...have said that before. That maybe the tape that we heard was a re-enactment for a mock trial. But, the show that I heard it on, never mentioned a mock trial...or re-enactment. After the show...the enhanced tape just simply vanished. That is why you have never found it. It WAS out there....the Ramsey's somehow or another...had it taken care of.
__________________
"This time we get it right."
Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Ames For This Useful Post:
  #56  
Old 10-18-2010, 01:19 PM
JMO8778's Avatar
JMO8778 JMO8778 is offline
..at the beach!
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Posts: 5,555
One thing I noticed that they always miss in the transcripts is how Patsy starts to say ...'there's a ran...' then she stops.I believe she realizes at that point how utterly unbelieveable a ransom note sounds ,so instead she says..'there's a note here and our daughter in gone'.

ETA:
Patsy: “There. We have a, there’s a note left and our daughter’s gone.”

but she actually SAYS the word ran...and then stops.sooo,she already knows the note says it's a ransom note.
__________________
something to ponder:

When the corruptible shall have put on incorruption, and the mortal have put on immortality, then shall we be brought to pass the saying that is written, Death is swallowed up in victory.

O death, where [is] thy sting? O grave, where [is] thy victory?

The sting of death [is] sin; and the strength of sin [is] the law.
But thanks [be] to God, which giveth us the victory through our Lord Jesus Christ.
1 Corinthians 15:54-57
Reply With Quote
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to JMO8778 For This Useful Post:
  #57  
Old 10-18-2010, 10:55 PM
M.James M.James is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Posts: 135
I've a question (I actually have lots, but usually try to refrain from asking).

I've never heard the call in question. I believe I've heard one, but none with a voice that asks, 'What did you find?', nor the reply to that.

My question is:
If a voice (Burke's?) asks that question, might it imply that he was just entering the scene?
Where as, if a staging had been done because of him, would he still be around to ask questions, or intrude on the 911 call?
If a staging had been done to spare him, wouldn't he have been highly reprimanded, sent somewhere (to bed? locked in a room?), told not move a muscle, and to keep his mouth shut until someone comes to get him?
Seems sensible to me, anyway, that if you caught your child doing something so unspeakable that you wouldn't just let him continue to free-roam the house asking questions he already knows the answers to.

So, if Burke had just entered the scene, isn't it safe to assume that no staging was done because of something he did?

Please keep in mind that I haven't come close to reading all the threads on this case, nor do I know what are facts and not. It seems the more threads I read the more confused I become, so a little patience with me will always be appreciated.
Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to M.James For This Useful Post:
  #58  
Old 10-18-2010, 11:02 PM
DeeDee249 DeeDee249 is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: In the Federal Witness Protection Program
Posts: 7,450
Quote:
Originally Posted by M.James View Post
I've a question (I actually have lots, but usually try to refrain from asking).

I've never heard the call in question. I believe I've heard one, but none with a voice that asks, 'What did you find?', nor the reply to that.

My question is:
If a voice (Burke's?) asks that question, might it imply that he was just entering the scene?
Where as, if a staging had been done because of him, would he still be around to ask questions, or intrude on the 911 call?
If a staging had been done to spare him, wouldn't he have been highly reprimanded, sent somewhere (to bed? locked in a room?), told not move a muscle, and to keep his mouth shut until someone comes to get him?
Seems sensible to me, anyway, that if you caught your child doing something so unspeakable that you wouldn't just let him continue to free-roam the house asking questions he already knows the answers to.

So, if Burke had just entered the scene, isn't it safe to assume that no staging was done because of something he did?

Please keep in mind that I haven't come close to reading all the threads on this case, nor do I know what are facts and not. It seems the more threads I read the more confused I become, so a little patience with me will always be appreciated.
BR WAS sent to bed. He was told to go to his room, got back to bed and stay there. This charade ended when BOTH BR and JR admitted he was awake after all. JR said that they felt it was easier just to say he was asleep the whole time. Like you'd be thinking of what was "easier" rather than what might help police find out who kidnapped his little sister.
__________________
THIS time, we get it RIGHT!

This post is my constitutionally-protected opinion. Please do not copy or take it anywhere else.
Reply With Quote
The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to DeeDee249 For This Useful Post:
  #59  
Old 10-19-2010, 08:32 AM
JMO8778's Avatar
JMO8778 JMO8778 is offline
..at the beach!
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Posts: 5,555
I think BR heard Patsy's faking the hysterical 911 call,and got up to see what was going on.I think he heard Patsy talking about the note to the operator,so he asked what was found.JR became incensed at him (it was said he was very harsh-sounding on the tape),and ordered him back to bed,where he did not dare get up till they came to get him.
yes,I agree,not at all the way a parent would behave if they really thought their other child in the house had indeed been kidnapped.
__________________
something to ponder:

When the corruptible shall have put on incorruption, and the mortal have put on immortality, then shall we be brought to pass the saying that is written, Death is swallowed up in victory.

O death, where [is] thy sting? O grave, where [is] thy victory?

The sting of death [is] sin; and the strength of sin [is] the law.
But thanks [be] to God, which giveth us the victory through our Lord Jesus Christ.
1 Corinthians 15:54-57
Reply With Quote
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to JMO8778 For This Useful Post:
  #60  
Old 10-19-2010, 09:32 AM
Linda7NJ's Avatar
Linda7NJ Linda7NJ is online now
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Posts: 26,064
Quote:
Originally Posted by DeeDee249 View Post
BR WAS sent to bed. He was told to go to his room, got back to bed and stay there. This charade ended when BOTH BR and JR admitted he was awake after all. JR said that they felt it was easier just to say he was asleep the whole time. Like you'd be thinking of what was "easier" rather than what might help police find out who kidnapped his little sister.

Is this found in transcripts? I, for the life of me ...can remember reading this anywhere
__________________


Nosy by Nature and a Websleuther by choice
Reply With Quote
  #61  
Old 10-19-2010, 10:34 AM
M.James M.James is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Posts: 135
Thanks for replying.
I don't think I phrased my post/questions in an understandable way - not unusual.

Going to work on being more clear.
Reply With Quote
  #62  
Old 10-19-2010, 10:55 AM
joeskidbeck's Avatar
joeskidbeck joeskidbeck is offline
Rest in Peace
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: Georgia
Posts: 1,898
Hi M. If I'm understanding you correctly, you are saying you don't believe Burke could be involved because of the words used in the call. I thought so as well until I thought about it long and hard (I did hear the call with the young person's voice). Let's pretend one or both parents found her dead (or near death) and immediately realized who had to have done it. There were only four people in the home. They set about staging the scene to spare their son from a sure prison sentence (they had no idea he could not be prosecuted). Then, while making that call, he walks in and asks "what did you find" (knowing full well what they found but wanting to know who they thought were responsible). Does this make sense? It's just something I have thought about now and again, not necessarily what I think happened, but do believe could have happened.
__________________
"This Time We Get it Right!"

"For those who believe, no proof is necessary.
For those who don't believe, no proof is possible." Stuart Chase
Reply With Quote
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to joeskidbeck For This Useful Post:
  #63  
Old 10-19-2010, 07:23 PM
M.James M.James is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Posts: 135
Hi M. If I'm understanding you correctly, you are saying you don't believe Burke could be involved because of the words used in the call.

###Thanks, JKbeck, I appreciate your response.
No, not anything he or they said during the call, but the idea that he was there for the call at all.
(I seem to have a knack for not typing my thoughts the way I'm thinking them.)

Sort of a disclaimer: I'm not saying I believe who or who did not do anything. I've no idea of any guilt, I can only speculate. Although, I do find it much harder to accuse/suspect little kids when they're the ones who need protected. That also isn't meant to imply that I think it's an impossibility - it has happened, and sadly, will again.


I thought so as well until I thought about it long and hard (I did hear the call with the young person's voice). Let's pretend one or both parents found her dead (or near death) and immediately realized who had to have done it.

###That's where I can't grasp the situation. No matter what, unless I caught one of my own in the act, I would never suspect them, come hell or high water, my thoughts would never veer in that direction. I would automatically assume an outsider - First - even if it seemed impossible. 911 would have been dialed before I had a chance to think one of my own could have done it.
If, on the other hand, I caught them in the act (and wanted to cover for them), there'd be no way that child would make an attempt to leave the confines where I left him - he'd be too scared of breathing too loud for me to hear. So, I can't picture that kid, hours later (during the 911 call), attempting to casually enter the scene, let alone ask questions.

This isn't a 'go to your room and think about what you've done' moment - this is a side of a parent a kid's never seen moment - a scary thing, unless you're dealing with Damien from The Omen.


Does this make sense? It's just something I have thought about now and again, not necessarily what I think happened, but do believe could have happened.

###I understand that everybody here wants to know what happened, and are leaving no stones unturned. But, for me, this doesn't seem to fit. I understand that my thoughts might anger people who believe he did it. But, I can't make it make sense, which is what I was trying to do by asking questions.

Ultimately, what is hardest for me grasp is that if the parents knew (for fact) that Burke had done this act hours beforehand that he was around to ask questions at the time of that call. Maybe something just hasn't 'clicked' for me.

Thanks again. I much appreciate that you didn't try to make an argument out of my questions. Just thinking out loud.
That's all.
Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to M.James For This Useful Post:
  #64  
Old 10-19-2010, 07:48 PM
DeeDee249 DeeDee249 is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: In the Federal Witness Protection Program
Posts: 7,450
Quote:
Originally Posted by Linda7NJ View Post
Is this found in transcripts? I, for the life of me ...can remember reading this anywhere
I don't think it was in the depos. Was it maybe from DOI? Or a CNN transcript? Anyone remember?
__________________
THIS time, we get it RIGHT!

This post is my constitutionally-protected opinion. Please do not copy or take it anywhere else.
Reply With Quote
  #65  
Old 10-19-2010, 11:10 PM
Ames's Avatar
Ames Ames is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Somewhere In Time
Posts: 5,842
Quote:
Originally Posted by DeeDee249 View Post
I don't think it was in the depos. Was it maybe from DOI? Or a CNN transcript? Anyone remember?
I thought that it WAS in one of their interviews.
__________________
"This time we get it right."
Reply With Quote
  #66  
Old 10-20-2010, 07:38 PM
DeeDee249 DeeDee249 is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: In the Federal Witness Protection Program
Posts: 7,450
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ames View Post
I thought that it WAS in one of their interviews.
Maybe you're right. I wish they were still available on ACR.
__________________
THIS time, we get it RIGHT!

This post is my constitutionally-protected opinion. Please do not copy or take it anywhere else.
Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to DeeDee249 For This Useful Post:
  #67  
Old 10-20-2010, 07:58 PM
dodie20 dodie20 is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Posts: 4,944
Quote:
Originally Posted by DeeDee249 View Post
Maybe you're right. I wish they were still available on ACR.
I'm thinking maybe a National Enquirer interview or something like that.
Reply With Quote
  #68  
Old 10-20-2010, 08:03 PM
dodie20 dodie20 is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Posts: 4,944
Quote:
Originally Posted by joeskidbeck View Post
Hi M. If I'm understanding you correctly, you are saying you don't believe Burke could be involved because of the words used in the call. I thought so as well until I thought about it long and hard (I did hear the call with the young person's voice). Let's pretend one or both parents found her dead (or near death) and immediately realized who had to have done it. There were only four people in the home. They set about staging the scene to spare their son from a sure prison sentence (they had no idea he could not be prosecuted). Then, while making that call, he walks in and asks "what did you find" (knowing full well what they found but wanting to know who they thought were responsible). Does this make sense? It's just something I have thought about now and again, not necessarily what I think happened, but do believe could have happened.
I understand what you're saying, because unless Burke heard 1 of them directly say, 'I found such & such', it wouldn't make much sense to ask what they had found. Maybe he heard them reporting that they had found the ransome note, & he was confused, because the words 'ransom note' wouldn't compute well, in every day life.
Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to dodie20 For This Useful Post:
  #69  
Old 10-20-2010, 08:11 PM
dodie20 dodie20 is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Posts: 4,944
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ames View Post
Yep...you hear a young male (Burke?) voice clearly saying..."What did you find?"..and then an older male (John?) voice clearly saying..."We are not speaking to you". It is extremely apparent to me...that Burke walked in on Patsy while she was talking to the 911 operator. As he was entering the room, he heard her say that she had found something...(the RN). So, he walks in and says.."what did you find?" I put question marks after their names...just because...I wasn't in the Ramsey home that morning...so I don't know for 100 percent sure but...I am assuming that there was not anyone else there at the time, and that it was indeed John and Burkes voice that I heard. I have never heard anything about there being other people in the home at the time the 911 call was placed. Just...Patsy, John and Burke.
I heard this tape also, & I remember thinking John sounded very angry with Burke. & why would they send him back to his room? the kidnapper might have still been in the house. I would think that while John was making the call, Patsy would've gone upstairs, grabbed Burke & run outside.
Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to dodie20 For This Useful Post:
  #70  
Old 10-20-2010, 08:11 PM
joeskidbeck's Avatar
joeskidbeck joeskidbeck is offline
Rest in Peace
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: Georgia
Posts: 1,898
Quote:
Originally Posted by dodie20 View Post
I understand what you're saying, because unless Burke heard 1 of them directly say, 'I found such & such', it wouldn't make much sense to ask what they had found. Maybe he heard them reporting that they had found the ransome note, & he was confused, because the words 'ransom note' wouldn't compute well, in every day life.
Yes, Dodie. That makes perfect sense to me. Didn't Patsy say in the call
"we found a note and our daughter's gone" or something to that effect? If he heard that, it would be reasonable for him to walk in and say "what did you find?". Still wondering why John would have said "we're not speaking to you". Looks to me like if they were so worried about their daughter, their son would have warranted a little kindness at that moment. I say that because I heard the 911 call with the additional voices and John's tone was not very nice (not to me anyway).
__________________
"This Time We Get it Right!"

"For those who believe, no proof is necessary.
For those who don't believe, no proof is possible." Stuart Chase
Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to joeskidbeck For This Useful Post:
  #71  
Old 10-20-2010, 08:38 PM
dodie20 dodie20 is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Posts: 4,944
Quote:
Originally Posted by dodie20 View Post
I'm thinking maybe a National Enquirer interview or something like that.
I just googled the National Enquirer interview, & although they did admit Burke was awake, this wasn't the source of the other information. In this article, John kept changing when Burke was awake...right after they found the note, to after the 911, then to before the 911. which is just plain aggravating.
Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to dodie20 For This Useful Post:
  #72  
Old 10-20-2010, 09:01 PM
DeeDee249 DeeDee249 is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: In the Federal Witness Protection Program
Posts: 7,450
Quote:
Originally Posted by dodie20 View Post
I heard this tape also, & I remember thinking John sounded very angry with Burke. & why would they send him back to his room? the kidnapper might have still been in the house. I would think that while John was making the call, Patsy would've gone upstairs, grabbed Burke & run outside.
Well for one, they knew there was no real kidnapper or danger to BR. They wanted him away from their conversations and away from any LE activity. Otherwise why send him to the White's? Just keep him safe right with you in his own home.
__________________
THIS time, we get it RIGHT!

This post is my constitutionally-protected opinion. Please do not copy or take it anywhere else.
Reply With Quote
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to DeeDee249 For This Useful Post:
  #73  
Old 10-21-2010, 01:11 AM
Ames's Avatar
Ames Ames is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Somewhere In Time
Posts: 5,842
Quote:
Originally Posted by DeeDee249 View Post
Well for one, they knew there was no real kidnapper or danger to BR. They wanted him away from their conversations and away from any LE activity. Otherwise why send him to the White's? Just keep him safe right with you in his own home.
Yes, otherwise he might shoot down their claim that JB was asleep in the car, and asleep after arriving home and had to be carried up the stairs. Got to keep him quiet...he may tell them the truth, that JB was REALLY awake and not only walked in on her own....fully awake...but, also helped to bring in presents.

Kinda ironic how J says that the killing was "an inside job", and then later on in interviews totally throws the Whites' under the bus, and then promptly runs over them, but yet that night......sends Burke to stay with them.
__________________
"This time we get it right."

Last edited by Ames; 10-21-2010 at 01:16 AM.
Reply With Quote
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Ames For This Useful Post:
  #74  
Old 10-21-2010, 02:22 AM
joeskidbeck's Avatar
joeskidbeck joeskidbeck is offline
Rest in Peace
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: Georgia
Posts: 1,898
Didn't John say that he would not have thought Fleet was capable, but Priscilla......
Shows right there he knew a woman was involved (said with sarcasm), we all know a woman was involved, just not that woman.
__________________
"This Time We Get it Right!"

"For those who believe, no proof is necessary.
For those who don't believe, no proof is possible." Stuart Chase
Reply With Quote
  #75  
Old 10-21-2010, 03:07 AM
madeleine's Avatar
madeleine madeleine is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Posts: 4,535
Quote:
Originally Posted by DeeDee249 View Post
Well for one, they knew there was no real kidnapper or danger to BR. They wanted him away from their conversations and away from any LE activity. Otherwise why send him to the White's? Just keep him safe right with you in his own home.
Remember,poor Mike Kane,this is the reason why he went so mad that he almost left(and I so agree with him),when LW blocked questions re this subject. (Atlanta 2000)
__________________
Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
2010.04.20: Is there a third voice on the 911 call? nas212913 Haleigh Cummings 321 06-01-2010 11:50 PM
Heard something new in the last 911 call newuser Caylee Anthony 2 years old 134 12-14-2008 12:08 PM
Why Burke's Voice on 911 Call Is The Smoking Gun TLynn JonBenet Ramsey 66 03-11-2004 06:56 PM


© Copyright Websleuths 1999-2012 New To Site? Need Help?
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.1
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
All times are GMT -4. The time now is 11:55 AM.

Advertisements

Pre-Order Imperfect Justice: Prosecuting Casey Anthony today!