Websleuths
Go Back   Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community > Featured Case Discussion > JonBenet Ramsey

Notices

JonBenet Ramsey What really happened to 6 year old JonBenet? Someone is getting away with murder. All information posted on this site is gained through published documentation on this case. It is strictly opinion only.


View Poll Results: Have You Heard Burke's Voice on 911 Tape??
YES 38 42.22%
NO 34 37.78%
NOT SURE 18 20.00%
Voters: 90. You may not vote on this poll

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #176  
Old 12-02-2010, 11:42 PM
eileenhawkeye eileenhawkeye is online now
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Posts: 6,755
If you can find them, I would like to see the links.

Yeah, I assumed he partied since he went to a big state school but I'm in college now and I know people who don't party at all so I didn't want to make any assumptions.

I just did a search for Burke Ramsey Purdue and one of the first links is how Burke is a DJ now. Or was back in '09.

Last edited by eileenhawkeye; 12-02-2010 at 11:54 PM.
Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to eileenhawkeye For This Useful Post:
  #177  
Old 12-02-2010, 11:56 PM
Agatha_C's Avatar
Agatha_C Agatha_C is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Posts: 2,309
http://family.webshots.com/photo/127...65500100xSxMvz

http://web.ics.purdue.edu/~puraves/burke_ramsey.html

http://www.meetup.com/AtlantaEDM/members/12802551/
__________________
There are things that we don't want to happen but have to accept, things we don't want to know but have to learn, and people we can't live without but have to let go.
Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Agatha_C For This Useful Post:
  #178  
Old 12-03-2010, 03:24 AM
Tadpole12 Tadpole12 is offline
Bufo americanus
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: .....
Posts: 3,880
Burke Ramsey



A native of Atlanta Georgia, Burke started Dj-ing as a result of the weather in Indiana being too cold to skateboard. Musical tastes vary from house music, to artists like M.I.A and Daft Punk, to hip-hop and R&B artists.



Heyya AC.

Daft Punk, classic, upbeat ie Da Funk video

But M.I.A. intense techno, video Born Free features military political violence, M.I.A - BORN FREE VIDEO OFFICIAL (real and explicit version)
includes a child assassination and mass killing.
Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Tadpole12 For This Useful Post:
  #179  
Old 12-03-2010, 05:01 AM
GingBreade GingBreade is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: in the coldest city around
Posts: 209
Hey Tad! Music is so subjective...hey I used to listen to Skinny Puppy and Ministry and I am not craaazy....guess I am old now cause I have never heard of M.I.A!
Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to GingBreade For This Useful Post:
  #180  
Old 12-03-2010, 10:48 AM
joeskidbeck's Avatar
joeskidbeck joeskidbeck is offline
Rest in Peace
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: Georgia
Posts: 1,898
Quote:
Originally Posted by GingBreade View Post
Hey Tad! Music is so subjective...hey I used to listen to Skinny Puppy and Ministry and I am not craaazy....guess I am old now cause I have never heard of M.I.A!
This must make me ancient as I have never heard of Skinny Puppy or Ministry either!
__________________
"This Time We Get it Right!"

"For those who believe, no proof is necessary.
For those who don't believe, no proof is possible." Stuart Chase
Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to joeskidbeck For This Useful Post:
  #181  
Old 12-03-2010, 01:57 PM
Tadpole12 Tadpole12 is offline
Bufo americanus
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: .....
Posts: 3,880
Quote:
Originally Posted by GingBreade View Post
Hey Tad! Music is so subjective...hey I used to listen to Skinny Puppy and Ministry and I am not craaazy....guess I am old now cause I have never heard of M.I.A!
Heyya GingBreade,

You have refined musical taste!

For sure music does not make the craaazy.
Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Tadpole12 For This Useful Post:
  #182  
Old 12-11-2010, 06:45 PM
otg's Avatar
otg otg is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Posts: 1,329
Recall the discussion about the questionable "hang up" of the 911-call? It was questioned because the phone in the kitchen where Patsy supposedly made the call was on the wall, and everyone knows that it's unlikely that if the receiver wasn't hung up correctly, it could have gone unnoticed because it would have fallen off the phone.

Maybe they didn't make the call from the kitchen like they said (any reason to take them at their word anyway?). I ran across this picture when I was looking at pictures for another posting, and realized I didn't even know that there was a phone down in the basement -- and it's not on the wall.

Could the 911-call have been made from the basement? It's obvious why the Ramseys would not want tell the police that they were down there at all that day. But unless someone can come up with another scenario to the phone not being completely hung up on the kitchen phone and it not being noticed, I'm thinking that this is where that call was actually made.





http://jameson245_archive.tripod.com...basementRS.jpg


.
Reply With Quote
The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to otg For This Useful Post:
  #183  
Old 12-11-2010, 09:02 PM
Peepers Peepers is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Posts: 563
Actually, I never really thought that Burke on the 911 call or not is significant. If it turned out he was and the R's said he was sleeping, that to me leads more to the intruder theory and the chaos of the morning. Johna and Patsy may have really been so hysterical and dumbfounded that they didnt really pay attention to the details. It could be they ran and checked Burke, he was asleep and they got back down to call the cops and he got up. Maybe in all the hysteria, they weren't sure what happened when.
I think the R's thought that the cops were there when they all discovered JonBonet, and they went over the details of the evening before several times that morning, they felt like they didnt have anything to add and when it became clear everyone thought they were involved, they did hide behind lawyers out of fear and not really knowing what else to do.

I think all of this now as time has passed and I have aged a bit. In the beginning I thought it was a sign of guilt.
Admittedly the RN is the strangest thing, but maybe it was a nut and its just that strange.
Reply With Quote
  #184  
Old 12-11-2010, 10:34 PM
otg's Avatar
otg otg is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Posts: 1,329
Quote:
Originally Posted by Peepers View Post
Actually, I never really thought that Burke on the 911 call or not is significant. If it turned out he was and the R's said he was sleeping, that to me leads more to the intruder theory and the chaos of the morning. Johna and Patsy may have really been so hysterical and dumbfounded that they didnt really pay attention to the details. It could be they ran and checked Burke, he was asleep and they got back down to call the cops and he got up. Maybe in all the hysteria, they weren't sure what happened when.
I think the R's thought that the cops were there when they all discovered JonBonet, and they went over the details of the evening before several times that morning, they felt like they didnt have anything to add and when it became clear everyone thought they were involved, they did hide behind lawyers out of fear and not really knowing what else to do.

I think all of this now as time has passed and I have aged a bit. In the beginning I thought it was a sign of guilt.
Admittedly the RN is the strangest thing, but maybe it was a nut and its just that strange.
OMG! Jeepers creepers, Peepers. If something I've said has turned an RDI leaner into an IDI leaner, I'll have to turn in my amateur sleuth badge and retire my gum-stuck shoes -- maybe I'll even have to give up my Little Orphan Annie Secret Decoder Ring. (And just when I thought I was about to convert MurriFlower to the RDI side.)
.
Reply With Quote
The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to otg For This Useful Post:
  #185  
Old 12-11-2010, 11:12 PM
otg's Avatar
otg otg is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Posts: 1,329
Repost of the above image in case the earlier posted Tripod link doesn't work:



.
Reply With Quote
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to otg For This Useful Post:
  #186  
Old 12-12-2010, 10:20 AM
Peepers Peepers is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Posts: 563
Quote:
Originally Posted by otg View Post
OMG! Jeepers creepers, Peepers. If something I've said has turned an RDI leaner into an IDI leaner, I'll have to turn in my amateur sleuth badge and retire my gum-stuck shoes -- maybe I'll even have to give up my Little Orphan Annie Secret Decoder Ring. (And just when I thought I was about to convert MurriFlower to the RDI side.)
.
lol.no...I changed my mind a few years ago, you wont like to hear this but i read the Ramseys book and I felt really bad for them. I felt like alot of their explanations could have made sense. Im still not absolutely sure what happened, I just think there's doubts on both sides and if the R's are innocent, what a horrific tragedy on top of what they already endured.


(ducking in the corner)
Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Peepers For This Useful Post:
  #187  
Old 12-12-2010, 10:24 AM
Peepers Peepers is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Posts: 563
One thing I feel pretty sure about is if the R's really did stage the crime scene (Im not convinced they did), then I believe the only reason would be to cover for Burke. Im not convinced Burke didnt do it, but Im pretty convinced John and Patsy didnt kill her.
Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Peepers For This Useful Post:
  #188  
Old 12-12-2010, 02:59 PM
DIRK SCHILLER's Avatar
DIRK SCHILLER DIRK SCHILLER is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Isenbuettel,GERMANY
Posts: 373
I was wondering why is john´s voice not to hear on the tape
did patsy say he was kneeling down on the floor reading the rn
if he was why is patsy not asking him : hun or john what does the note
say ,who has signed it
why instead of answering I don´t know she did not ask her husband because it
was important info for police
or he would have said, hun tell them about the money or that they do not
want us to call police or whatever
I think in a moment like that he would have helped her wife by saying something
except he wasn´t there as she said to police
Reply With Quote
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to DIRK SCHILLER For This Useful Post:
  #189  
Old 12-12-2010, 05:45 PM
Agatha_C's Avatar
Agatha_C Agatha_C is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Posts: 2,309
Mrs Schiller,

You bring up a good point, if she didn't touch the note to read it. Only having read the first few lines and she didn't have to ask JR, who signed it, how did she know?

Also, if she didn't read the whole note, how did she know what was said in the middle, such as the beheading, and that they were watching the house? If she knew they were watching the house, than she also knew they weren't supposed to call anyone adn they did. They called everyone.

She wrote the RN and she had nothing to fear except being arrested...
__________________
There are things that we don't want to happen but have to accept, things we don't want to know but have to learn, and people we can't live without but have to let go.
Reply With Quote
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Agatha_C For This Useful Post:
  #190  
Old 12-12-2010, 06:41 PM
SunnieRN SunnieRN is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Posts: 3,577
If you heard the enhanced version, you also heard John, using a stern voice, on the tape.
__________________
___________________

"This Time We Get It Right!"
If you can read this, thank a teacher, if it's in English, thank a soldier!
If I forget to mention it. Everything I post is my opinion, right or wrong, good or bad.
If you have questions about Rebecca Zahaus death, please watch this:http://websleuths.com/forums/showpos...00&postcount=1
Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to SunnieRN For This Useful Post:
  #191  
Old 12-12-2010, 07:00 PM
Steely Steely is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Posts: 277
A speaker's pitch range and use of a higher final pitch to indicate yes/no question

Quote:
Originally Posted by otg View Post
feddup, try this:

If you download the file named “jbr-911-whatdidyou.mp3”, listen to it to know what you should be listening for. It is the phase, "What did you..." which I looped six times. Then watch the video I posted at: http://www.youtube.com/user/otgsproductions, and see where it occurs. I believe once you’ve had it pointed out and know what to listen for, you’ll be able to hear it.
Hey...does anyone know how to SLOW this down so you can see exactly where along the sound wave graph the "me" occurs to see if the pitch is rising? I thought if it was rising it would indicate this was a question and if it wasn't that it was a statement. However, I researched this a little... I was surprised that a speaker's pitch range appears to play a role in whether a speaker uses a higher final pitch to indicate a Yes/No question.

http://www.acoustics.org/press/146th/Syrdal.htm

"the lower the speaker's pitch range, the less likely the speaker was to use a final high rising H-H% phrasal accent for Yes/No questions. The correlation between these two measures was 0.69, which is surprisingly high for data from only eight speakers. The relationship was evident both within female and male speaker groups, so we suspect that it is a pitch-related phenomenon rather than a gender difference. To be certain, however, this needs to be verified with a larger group of speakers."
Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Steely For This Useful Post:
  #192  
Old 12-12-2010, 08:14 PM
otg's Avatar
otg otg is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Posts: 1,329
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steely View Post
Hey...does anyone know how to SLOW this down so you can see exactly where along the sound wave graph the "me" occurs to see if the pitch is rising?
Steely, there are two free programs that are each able to do that. I've used the Wavepad program for years (LINK HERE), and wonderllama recently told me about using Audacity (LINK HERE), which I have only used a little. But both are able to "Change Speed" without changing pitch and making it sound like either the Chipmunks or Satan. Then you can graphically "see" the words being spoken, and start and stop at will.
.
Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to otg For This Useful Post:
  #193  
Old 12-12-2010, 08:35 PM
otg's Avatar
otg otg is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Posts: 1,329
Quote:
Originally Posted by Peepers View Post
lol.no...I changed my mind a few years ago, you wont like to hear this but i read the Ramseys book and I felt really bad for them. I felt like alot of their explanations could have made sense. Im still not absolutely sure what happened, I just think there's doubts on both sides and if the R's are innocent, what a horrific tragedy on top of what they already endured.

(ducking in the corner)
No need to duck, Peepers. Not from me anyway. I won't condemn anyone for what they think. I'll debate and try to convince someone otherwise, but if you have a reason for your belief (no matter how wrong I or others might think it is), defend it, and try to convince me where I'm wrong. I will always be willing to change my theories or beliefs in light of strong evidence that contradicts them. So far I haven't heard of or seen it (and what they say in a book doesn't do it for me). But I'm waiting for it, longing for it, and hoping for it, because I don't want to believe what I think happened. I'd much rather think it was some unknown outsider -- "the prescient intruder".

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peepers View Post
One thing I feel pretty sure about is if the R's really did stage the crime scene (Im not convinced they did), then I believe the only reason would be to cover for Burke. Im not convinced Burke didnt do it, but Im pretty convinced John and Patsy didnt kill her.
Actually though, Peepers, I don't think you and I disagree as much as you might have thought. I don't think that John or Patsy killed JonBenet either -- but I do believe they completely staged the scene for the very reasons you state. But my opinion is based on what pure evidence tells me, not behaviors, statements, or actions after the fact. Those things might reinforce my opinion, but they are not cause for belief in and of themselves.
.
Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to otg For This Useful Post:
  #194  
Old 12-12-2010, 08:47 PM
wonderllama's Avatar
wonderllama wonderllama is offline
Registered Snoozer
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Posts: 641
otg, out of interest, which evidence do you think cements your belief?
Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to wonderllama For This Useful Post:
  #195  
Old 12-12-2010, 09:08 PM
otg's Avatar
otg otg is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Posts: 1,329
Quote:
Originally Posted by wonderllama View Post
otg, out of interest, which evidence do you think cements your belief?
I don't know a lot about the DNA evidence, WL, so I have to read the arguments from our experts here, and follow the links to try and keep up with what's being discussed on things like that. But I do know a little more about knots. I've only started one thread here, and I've just about laid out most of my theory there -- from the beginning, explaining what the ligature evidence is, and how I believe it was used (as well as what I believe it means).
.
Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to otg For This Useful Post:
  #196  
Old 07-04-2012, 06:50 PM
Flatlander Flatlander is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Posts: 181
Quote:
Originally Posted by otg View Post
I don't know a lot about the DNA evidence, WL, so I have to read the arguments from our experts here, and follow the links to try and keep up with what's being discussed on things like that. But I do know a little more about knots. I've only started one thread here, and I've just about laid out most of my theory there -- from the beginning, explaining what the ligature evidence is, and how I believe it was used (as well as what I believe it means).
.
Would you mind reposting that statement about the notes again. From what I have read about it, it was so amatuer, not even funny.

I would wonder how she actually got that triangliar bruise on the left front of her neck. Looks to much like somebody grabbed a hold of a sweater or shirt and twisted it, catching the skin underneath. Anger, a lot if anger if that is the case. But I have also been told that it can occur naturally by stangulation. It does appear that the cord was wrapped around her neck while JB laid on her stomach, knee holding JB body down on the upper right shoulder (bruising) and sliding the white cord up her neck tighter and tighter until they reached the back of her hair line, MOO.

But honestly I think she was grabbed by the collar first. The ligature was the stage to cover that up. MOO as well.
Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Flatlander For This Useful Post:
  #197  
Old 07-04-2012, 06:55 PM
Flatlander Flatlander is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Posts: 181
Sorry for getting off subject yet again.

I do know that years ago I heard the original tape and John was stern and Burke Ramsey or a child was very much awake and had some rather unusual questions to ask. The originial has been sealed; yet the R's own a copy = how odd?

Usually this day and time the family is the last to know what is really going on because they are suspects. Oh, I must have forgot how money plays into the scheme of things.
Reply With Quote
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Flatlander For This Useful Post:
  #198  
Old 07-29-2013, 02:44 PM
ScarlettScarpetta's Avatar
ScarlettScarpetta ScarlettScarpetta is offline
I stand behind SoSueMe &all the A.D.M.I.N. / Mods working for the good of WS.
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Posts: 8,609
I listened to the call just again...

I don't hear anything.. but more, I completely believe that she has no idea where JB is at that moment.

I made such a call this winter. My son went missing and we had no idea where he was. It was getting dark and cold. I could not make sense.. I spewed out weird details but could not remember what he was wearing. I was completely panicked and breathing crazy.. Screaming out my son's name in the darkness.

I know that feeling.. I hear it in her call. JMO
__________________
Just my very humble Opinion And it may change from time to time...
I am always looking for where the evidence leads..
I won't answer the ridiculous.. Don't ask....


LOOK FOR THE TRUTH IN THE EVIDENCE NOT PEOPLES OPINIONS OR RUMOR. FIND OUT THE TRUTH FOR YOURSELF.

Sometimes posting from Tapatalk
Auto Correct is not my friend...

All posts are only my opinion without a link. My posts are only for use on WS. Thanks!!

"When people make knee jerk reactions to wrongdoing, they do wrong also"- Me
Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to ScarlettScarpetta For This Useful Post:
  #199  
Old 07-29-2013, 03:02 PM
CanManEh's Avatar
CanManEh CanManEh is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Posts: 1,357
I have never listend to that that i can remember but i just listend to it and even before anyone exsplaind where u hear it i picked it up right away at the end she says "what did you do" then "what did you" then the tape ends ..
__________________
Everything I Write Is JMHO ..
Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to CanManEh For This Useful Post:
  #200  
Old 07-29-2013, 03:39 PM
ScarlettScarpetta's Avatar
ScarlettScarpetta ScarlettScarpetta is offline
I stand behind SoSueMe &all the A.D.M.I.N. / Mods working for the good of WS.
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Posts: 8,609
Quote:
Originally Posted by CanManEh View Post
I have never listend to that that i can remember but i just listend to it and even before anyone exsplaind where u hear it i picked it up right away at the end she says "what did you do" then "what did you" then the tape ends ..
Just listened again..
Not that I can hear.. I hear Help me Jesus.. And I have heard that others here that too.

I don't here her talking to anyone..

I know that I read that the police never did hear burke on the phone.. I have to find it, but I read it in a recent article that while there were claims to that effect the tape was examined over and over and no one found burke on the tape..

I think after a while it becomes the Beatles famous.. " Paul Is Dead" tape.
__________________
Just my very humble Opinion And it may change from time to time...
I am always looking for where the evidence leads..
I won't answer the ridiculous.. Don't ask....


LOOK FOR THE TRUTH IN THE EVIDENCE NOT PEOPLES OPINIONS OR RUMOR. FIND OUT THE TRUTH FOR YOURSELF.

Sometimes posting from Tapatalk
Auto Correct is not my friend...

All posts are only my opinion without a link. My posts are only for use on WS. Thanks!!

"When people make knee jerk reactions to wrongdoing, they do wrong also"- Me
Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to ScarlettScarpetta For This Useful Post:
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
2010.04.20: Is there a third voice on the 911 call? nas212913 Haleigh Cummings 321 06-01-2010 11:50 PM
Heard something new in the last 911 call newuser Caylee Anthony 2 years old 134 12-14-2008 12:08 PM
Why Burke's Voice on 911 Call Is The Smoking Gun TLynn JonBenet Ramsey 66 03-11-2004 06:56 PM


© Copyright Websleuths 1999-2012 New To Site? Need Help?
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.1
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
All times are GMT -4. The time now is 12:43 AM.

Advertisements

Pre-Order Imperfect Justice: Prosecuting Casey Anthony today!