Websleuths
Go Back   Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community > Crimes and Trials > Currently Awaiting Trial > Zahra Clare Baker

Notices

Old 11-05-2010, 09:47 PM
Retired WS Staff

Location: The beautiful roundabout of Context, Veracity, and JUSTICE
Anyone else check what the cameraman or whoever was with him said at near the end of the tape, while they are in the kitchen?

To me it sounds like 'somethingsomething' "OTHER people know I am in here..."

FWIW.

(Also --help me out with the tags, peeps?)

Be not simply good. Be good for something.
HDT
The Following User Says Thank You to ynotdivein For This Useful Post:
Old 11-05-2010, 09:47 PM
@}--`--,----

Quote:
Originally Posted by froginTtown View Post
I'm thinking LE took the floor tiles with them...Why only paint the floor tiles that are there.. kwim..
It looks to me like the bathroom has had 3 different types of flooring on it.

If you look where the sink was, there is a tile that has small squares. Near the tub and door you have the tile with the large squares. Under the toilet you have a paneling type flooring. The toilet has been raised on this black paneling type flooring. Looks to me like someone replaced the floor with paneling. I'm thinking it's that white paneling we saw outside (and the side we didn't see was probably painted black).

I just recently had my bathroom remodeled. I had dry rot in a small area of the floor. They added a plywood floor on top of the subflooring (which raised my bathroom slightly).

If you look at the picture, you see 3 slats of wood. Those were used under the sink vanity to raise it slightly and even it out with the rest of the flooring.

To sum it up, it looks like they used cheap plywood, painted it black and tried to make it look like black laminate hard wood flooring.

If you look at the following picture, you will see one of these boards on the left of the picture leaning away from the cart, it is black on one side. There are two other pieces there that are showing the white side of the board.

http://s1183.photobucket.com/albums/...02810079-1.jpg

In all the pictures we have seen inside the house, that is the only part of the house where I see this type of wood...not to say it's not somewhere else in the house though.
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Angleena For This Useful Post:
Old 11-05-2010, 09:49 PM
WS Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by april_showers View Post
Totally 100% agree, Kat.

Its like EB never grew out of that "me, me, look at meeeeee" stage that every 13 year old girl seems to go through.

I actually keep thinking of the adolescent stage of psychosocial development: Identity vs. Role Confusion. [Humor me while I play armchair pysch on a purely speculative, nonqualified basis]. Adolescents are not yet secure in their inner identity, so tend to present themselves through material means, such as style of dress, activities, etc - and tend to truly beleive that everyone is paying attention and judgments are made based on these superficial qualities. The "I'm soooooo goth that people judge me - look at my tattoos and piercings and purple hair" mantra we've seen repeated on every. single. online. profile of EB's seems to resonate with this perfectly, in my [completely unqualified] opinion. It's all about image. And I defintely think the image of her home would play into that as well.

Also wondering if some of her online activities would involve webcam stuff. There's no way, IMO GothicFairy could be caught chatting online with flowered wallpaper or something in the background. The house was a stage, and HAD to fit her image.

IMO IMO IMO
I agree with your assessment, except -- and maybe I'm taking this too far -- I think EB's delusions surpassed mere image, and at some point the wall between fantasy and reality crumbled.

I don't even know to this day what I meant by what I said.
Casey Anthony, bankruptcy/Zenaida Gonzalez deposition, 01/23/2014
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to bessie For This Useful Post:
Old 11-05-2010, 09:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by panthera View Post
I do understand what you're saying about the wall, and it makes sense. One possibility is the bed wasn't completely up against the wall and splatter could have dripped down? Or possibly when removing the mattress some blood transferred onto the wall? Just speculation, of course. MOO
Any spatter would have run down the wall and beds tend to move away from walls - especially when on those metal frames like they took out (all wrapped up). If there was a scuffle - Zahra herself could have kicked the bed a little ways away from the wall. She had her right leg and laying on the bed - her right leg would have been on the outside and if she kicked the wall it would have pushed the head of the bed away - follow me?

As for the carpet and hole in the floor. If there was carpet LE would have taken that (especially if it was soaked) but I don't think there was any carpet there (at least once LE got there) Plus if there was carpet they would have just cut out the spot (however big) and left the rest.
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Wise Old Owl For This Useful Post:
Old 11-05-2010, 09:51 PM

I think Zahra had to paint her own room.

The black paint would take more then one coat and lots of paint. Crazy that people who move 1000 times would even paint but as April showers said ,I too believe it was her stage. I was very relieved to see Zahra's room was not a stage .

I dont think they painted her room. I believe there may have been paint arround the bathtub that came off during a clean up of evidence.

I question how the stuff was removed for the home, the furniture and everything that was not evidence without the local seeing Adam remove it? Or is it all in tht one room?

Last edited by Soulmagent; 11-05-2010 at 10:02 PM.
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Soulmagent For This Useful Post:
Old 11-05-2010, 09:52 PM
@}--`--,----

Quote:
Originally Posted by writer7 View Post
Thank you!

I'm leaning toward the head of the bed being in the corner between the two windows. ???

I'm trying to see why they cut out what they did

ETA: What if a nightstand were removed, too?
Could have been the head of the bed, could have also been the side of the bed up against the wall. Perhaps her body was against the wall there.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Angleena For This Useful Post:
Old 11-05-2010, 09:52 PM

In the Raw Video Inside Zahra's house @ 00:00 http://www.wbtv.com/Global/story.asp?S=13453571 (you'll have to stop it, flies by, enlarge it), there is a poster in the center of a wall in Z's bedroom:

Can anyone identify what story, tale, the illustration is from?

Blond girl is sitting on her knees in a fantasy forest setting, perhaps, rubbing her eye; tree with facial features looking on as 3 fantasy, ephemeral figures (2 male, 1 female) are extending their arms to her; perhaps; another child's face (red, puffy long sleeve) looking on at scene.

Last edited by epiphany; 11-05-2010 at 10:25 PM. Reason: ETA: not an apple-other child's red sleeve
The Following User Says Thank You to epiphany For This Useful Post:
Old 11-05-2010, 09:53 PM
Heca, firimar!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wise Old Owl View Post
Any spatter would have run down the wall and beds tend to move away from walls - especially when on those metal frames like they took out (all wrapped up). If there was a scuffle - Zahra herself could have kicked the bed a little ways away from the wall. She had her right leg and laying on the bed - her right leg would have been on the outside and if she kicked the wall it would have pushed the head of the bed away - follow me?

As for the carpet and hole in the floor. If there was carpet LE would have taken that (especially if it was soaked) but I don't think there was any carpet there (at least once LE got there) Plus if there was carpet they would have just cut out the spot (however big) and left the rest.
Editted out because the board hiccupped and this posted twice.

Last edited by Mountain_Kat; 11-05-2010 at 10:01 PM.
The Following User Says Thank You to Mountain_Kat For This Useful Post:
Old 11-05-2010, 09:57 PM
Retired WS Staff

Location: The beautiful roundabout of Context, Veracity, and JUSTICE
Quote:
Originally Posted by grayjay View Post
If there was a headboard at the top of the bed, it wouldn't be a likely place to find enough forensic evidence to require removal of the entire wall, so I'm thinking a bed would have been along that wall and the head of it to the left entering the room.

JMO
But did we ever see LE remove a headboard from the house?

IMO Zahra was sleeping on a metal frame, box spring, mattress combination. No headboard. This is why I think the cut out on the back wall/facing backyard of her bedroom wraps around the window and up to the left... Her head was at that end of the bed, IYKWIM.

That being said, it could work either way. Wish we knew how big Zahra's dresser was. We could get a sense of whether it was under the window that faced the neighbors' house, or under the window facing the backyard. That would help a great deal.

Be not simply good. Be good for something.
HDT
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to ynotdivein For This Useful Post:
Old 11-05-2010, 09:58 PM
Heca, firimar!

Quote:

The floor in the bedroom looks like sub-flooring to me. So maybe there were plans to install carpet, or put in hardwood overlays, but that hadn't actually been done yet? Or perhaps there was carpet, and EB/AB removed it long before the 911 calls.

Just a thought.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Mountain_Kat For This Useful Post:
Old 11-05-2010, 10:01 PM

Yes, not necessaryily sub-flooring but bare floor that should have been covered. I bet there was carpet in there (or maybe a big area rug) at one time. But I also bet that by the time LE got in there it was just like we see it now.
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Wise Old Owl For This Useful Post:
Old 11-05-2010, 10:05 PM
Retired WS Staff

Quote:
Yes, not necessaryily sub-flooring but bare floor that should have been covered. I bet there was carpet in there (or maybe a big area rug) at one time. But I also bet that by the time LE got in there it was just like we see it now.
I agree. By removing that area of the floor it appears evidence was directly on that floor or a huge amount of liquid would have had to be on a carpet to seep completely through.......and just that one area. MOO

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to panthera For This Useful Post:
Old 11-05-2010, 10:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kamille View Post
How did the black paint get on the wall behind where the sink and cabinet would have been? Did they already replace that after painting? Or is that black stuff something used by LE?

In pic number 16, you can see that on the right side of the bathroom door, the wallpaper boarder wasn't even put up yet.

I think all the painting was just bad decorating and had nothing to do with trying to cover something up.

MOO
I was wondering the same thing regarding the sink and cabinet... How did they get the paint behind there, and where are the water hook ups and drain in the floor...??
I first assumed that the hose in the window was from the waterbed, but I now think it was from the fish tank...
and just wondering here... where did that other mattress come from...???
They took a twin mattress and box spring out... and EB and AB have a waterbed still intact?? so what mattress were they examining in the front bedroom...?? anybody..
Old 11-05-2010, 10:09 PM
WS Super Moderator

I apologize if this has been discussed already, but do we have any idea what is written on the paper stuck on the refrigerator door? It's no grocery list or any other kind of list. Looks like a body of prose written in one long paragraph, but not a letter because there's no signature. A rant or manifesto of sorts?

I don't even know to this day what I meant by what I said.
Casey Anthony, bankruptcy/Zenaida Gonzalez deposition, 01/23/2014
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to bessie For This Useful Post:
Old 11-05-2010, 10:11 PM
In Memory of my beautiful teacher Katherine Powell. Murdered by David Middleton

This situation has scared me away from renting out my house, ever. It's like the house is telling the story of what happened inside, chilling. I guess anything is possible once you hand over the keys.

My heart is with you Alexander Family.
http://www.travisalexanderjustice.com
https://www.facebook.com/TravisAlexanderFund
The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to MandyLeigh For This Useful Post:
Old 11-05-2010, 10:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by froginTtown View Post
I was wondering the same thing regarding the sink and cabinet... How did they get the paint behind there, and where are the water hook ups and drain in the floor...??
I first assumed that the hose in the window was from the waterbed, but I now think it was from the fish tank...
and just wondering here... where did that other mattress come from...???
They took a twin mattress and box spring out... and EB and AB have a waterbed still intact?? so what mattress were they examining in the front bedroom...?? anybody..
Remember the reporter stated that one room in that house was "off limits". The 3rd bedroom perhaps?
The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to SherlockHomey For This Useful Post:
Old 11-05-2010, 10:14 PM

In an evil world, if you were going to harm the little 'princess', she would have to be in her innocent pretty looking world in her innocent pretty little bed. I don't think it was choosing to please Zahra that she had a pretty little pink room...
The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to CarmelEyesD For This Useful Post:
Old 11-05-2010, 10:16 PM
Heca, firimar!

My husband is brilliant!!

Look at the wall with the two holes punched in them. See the straight lines around the edges? This wall was previously patched!
The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to Mountain_Kat For This Useful Post:
Old 11-05-2010, 10:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by panthera View Post
I agree. By removing that area of the floor it appears evidence was directly on that floor or a huge amount of liquid would have had to be on a carpet to seep completely through.......and just that one area. MOO
I'm leaning more towards a footprint or shoeprint that "lit up" under the luminol.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Wise Old Owl For This Useful Post:
Old 11-05-2010, 10:17 PM
Retired WS Staff

Quote:
Originally Posted by MandyLeigh View Post
This situation has scared me away from renting out my house, ever. It's like the house is telling the story of what happened inside, chilling. I guess anything is possible once you hand over the keys.
It's not uncommon for rental housing to be trashed, however I can't imagine how the owner must feel with the thought that little Zahra most likely was murdered inside the house. MOO

The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to panthera For This Useful Post:
Old 11-05-2010, 10:18 PM
Heca, firimar!

Quote:
Yep! I think you're exactly right, Owl!
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Mountain_Kat For This Useful Post:
Old 11-05-2010, 10:19 PM
Retired WS Staff

Quote:
I'm leaning more towards a footprint or shoeprint that "lit up" under the luminol.
That is a good possibility also. But wouldn't there be more footprints/shoeprints as the perp exited the room? I'm trying to figure out why just that one section of floor.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to panthera For This Useful Post:
Old 11-05-2010, 10:20 PM
In Memory of my beautiful teacher Katherine Powell. Murdered by David Middleton

Quote:
Originally Posted by epiphany View Post
In the Raw Video Inside Zahra's house @ 00:00 http://www.wbtv.com/Global/story.asp?S=13453571 (you'll have to stop it, flies by, enlarge it), there is a poster in the center of a wall in Z's bedroom:

Can anyone identify what story, tale, the illustration is from?

Blond girl is sitting on her knees in a fantasy forest setting, perhaps, rubbing her eye; tree with facial features looking on as 3 fantasy, ephemeral figures (2 male, 1 female) are extending their arms to her; perhaps, large red apple in scene above her head?; another child's face looking on at scene.
I tried to take a snap shot, then upped the contrast a bit. Sorry I couldn't un-blur it anymore. I don't know what it's from myself.

ETA: Smaller version...

Taken from this video...
http://www.wbtv.com/Global/story.asp?S=13453571

My heart is with you Alexander Family.
http://www.travisalexanderjustice.com
https://www.facebook.com/TravisAlexanderFund

Last edited by MandyLeigh; 11-05-2010 at 10:28 PM. Reason: add photo
The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to MandyLeigh For This Useful Post:
Old 11-05-2010, 10:22 PM

Thanks so much, Mandy. Gotta learn how to do that!
The Following User Says Thank You to epiphany For This Useful Post:
Old 11-05-2010, 10:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ynotdivein View Post
But did we ever see LE remove a headboard from the house?

IMO Zahra was sleeping on a metal frame, box spring, mattress combination. No headboard. This is why I think the cut out on the back wall/facing backyard of her bedroom wraps around the window and up to the left... Her head was at that end of the bed, IYKWIM.

That being said, it could work either way. Wish we knew how big Zahra's dresser was. We could get a sense of whether it was under the window that faced the neighbors' house, or under the window facing the backyard. That would help a great deal.
Now that you mention it, I remember there was some discussion about the mattress being a bunk or futon thing of some sort. Maybe no headboard.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to grayjay For This Useful Post: