Websleuths
Go Back   Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community > Crimes and Trials > Currently Awaiting Trial > Zahra Clare Baker

Notices

Old 12-02-2010, 02:16 AM
Heca, firimar!

So...it's not a warning to slow down because there are speed bumps up ahead? Good to know.

ETA: Don't whip out the Batman smack...I'm going to bed.
Old 12-02-2010, 08:05 AM

I am wondering if the affiant had just suspected this to have gone on. It is not uncommon for someone to suspect something and then hear a rumor and turn it in. Once they heard the rumor and actual names to these rumors they felt they should let LE know this and thought they might investigate further with others surrounded by EB. JMO.

I know early on in this case on various forums things had been said yet not verified, that I am now seeing in these warrants. It makes me wonder how some of these people knew this information early on. Just saying.

I know at least one of the warrants that haven't been released yet has to do with her banking. I can not remember what the other one is, it may be because it wasn't said, or my brain is turning to mush. The latter seems to be most likely for me with this case.
The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Clue Hopper For This Useful Post:
Old 12-02-2010, 08:30 AM

So right now all we have is a 'source' saying the rape at the other house is unsubstantiated? I'm not sure I'd roll with that either as fact.

On the other hand, if a person made up this story with the detail of blood on her privates/legs - that person seriously has big creepy issues and needs to be looked at.
Old 12-02-2010, 08:57 AM
For nothing is secret that will not be revealed

I think they gave them the heads up-otherwise LJY wouldnt have been able to line up that interview with video imo.

What a mess.

Long Lost Love: The Bob Harrod Story Disappeared/ID Network
Amazon: Purchase Long Lost Love $1.99

Bob Harrod SAR

“The first time someone shows you who they are, believe them.”
― Maya Angelou
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to believe09 For This Useful Post:
Old 12-02-2010, 09:10 AM

I'm thinking LE might be trying to flush someone else out by using this............but whadda I know?
Old 12-02-2010, 09:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meagain View Post
So right now all we have is a 'source' saying the rape at the other house is unsubstantiated? I'm not sure I'd roll with that either as fact.

On the other hand, if a person made up this story with the detail of blood on her privates/legs - that person seriously has big creepy issues and needs to be looked at.
ITA...

Of course if this happened it would be denied by the alleged perp or they risk self incrimination and an arrest! Who's to say this didn't come out of EB's mouth (although she should be referred to as EF since her marriage to AB is null and void due to the alleged bigamy)...and that is went sent her over the edge. One article claims EF had a relationship with one of those guys. I can't discount this either...JMHO

Zahra's remains can't produce the evidence, it's all too convenient, IMO...Can you see someone when confronted with this allegation saying, Oh yeah, we did sexually assault Zahra but she was alive when we left! GMAB...JMHO

Justice for Zahra

— William McAdoo
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to LiveLaughLuv For This Useful Post:
Old 12-02-2010, 09:37 AM

My thoughts concerning this subject are so hideous, I can't even type it out..
But at this time am not convinced Zahra was raped and died due to the two who are being targeted....My guess is EB..I won't elaborate any further...
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Emeralgem For This Useful Post:
Old 12-02-2010, 09:43 AM

I have a question. I don't know if it can be answered or not. In the warrant the affiant signed documents stating what they said was true to their knowledge and all that. If the person got the name slightly wrong, would that jeopardize the investigation any? Just wondering.
The Following User Says Thank You to Clue Hopper For This Useful Post:
Old 12-02-2010, 09:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clue Hopper View Post
I have a question. I don't know if it can be answered or not. In the warrant the affiant signed documents stating what they said was true to their knowledge and all that. If the person got the name slightly wrong, would that jeopardize the investigation any? Just wondering.
Probably not. Typographical errors on search warrants aren't generally enough to invalidate a search warrant. And also--it sounds like for this particular warrant--nothing was really taken, so even if the results of this warrant were thrown out--not much impact, at least based on what we know now.
The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to RLynne For This Useful Post:
Old 12-02-2010, 10:19 AM
Inactive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meagain View Post

You're right. It isn't confirmed as fact. But I felt that it was worth pausing in the gusto for a moment, just in case it was.
The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to WhyaDuck? For This Useful Post:
Old 12-08-2010, 09:16 AM

Both cousins passed LDT as per this article...

http://www.charlotteobserver.com/201...#disqus_thread
The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Kamille For This Useful Post:
Old 12-08-2010, 04:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kamille View Post
Both cousins passed LDT as per this article...

http://www.charlotteobserver.com/201...#disqus_thread
Actually, the one cousin is only claiming he passed the LDT, and that hasn't been confirmed. I won't believe he passed the LDT until LE makes that statement. I still have my doubts.
The Following 13 Users Say Thank You to DLT88 For This Useful Post:
Old 12-09-2010, 04:25 AM

Seems many people make such a claim

Quote:
Originally Posted by DLT88 View Post
Actually, the one cousin is only claiming he passed the LDT, and that hasn't been confirmed. I won't believe he passed the LDT until LE makes that statement. I still have my doubts.
Yeppers. Didn't Elisa also claim to have taken and passed a poly but then we later
learned that she had taken but failed that test on all of the 3 main questions?
The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to docwho3 For This Useful Post:
Old 12-09-2010, 06:58 AM

i really dont care if those low lifes were named or not if thats the only way to get warrants to seize and prove who killed that precious child then too bad
im sure it hasnt hurt them too bad im sure their reutation wasnt that good to start with

they are all as thick as theives and the information probably came from EB herself
seeing that she has implicated everyone else apart from herself

i hope she rots in jail
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to babybaby1913 For This Useful Post:
Old 12-09-2010, 09:17 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by salvarenga View Post
But they did not take anything with that warrant.
Regardless if anything was seized in the search or not LE still has to draw up a probable cause affadavit to present to a judge to be signed by him/her allowing the search.

It is SOP 101 investigating a case. If there is no probable cause and a search is done all of the evidence that may come from the search can be thrown out in court, it screams frame job by LE and is a defense attorney's dream for raising reasonable doubt and an aquittal for their client.

It is good to know LE is doing their job and exploring all tips coming in to them even if it does not yield any results to solving the case all leads need to be followed up on. If not that is another defense attorney's dream for raising reasonable doubt for his client and winning an aquittal, he could say his client is innocent and there is other information that was not looked into that could lead to the "real perp".

I have to hand it to investigators, they are true heroes (well, most are, there are always a few rotten apples in the mix) in solving cases. Overworked and underpaid I am sure, so much red tape to get through to win a conviction in the name of justice.

JMO
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to twall For This Useful Post: