Found Deceased SC - Brittanee Drexel, 17, Myrtle Beach, 25 April 2009 - #14

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tonia

Reaction score
Police search for missing teen

Police in Myrtle Beach are looking to the public for help in finding Brittanee Drexel, who family friends say went missing on Saturday.
Drexel, 17, of Rochester, NY, is described by the Myrtle Beach Police Department as 5 feet tall, weighing an estimated 103 pounds. She is said to have shoulder-length straight brown hair with blue eyes.
Drexel was last seen wearing a multi-colored shirt, black shorts and flip flops. Police have noted the teen suffers from depression.
Officers met with a family friend of Drexel on Saturday, who traveled from Camp Lejeune, NC, upon request of the girl's mother. John Hahn says he last made contact with Drexel on Saturda around 8 p.m.
As of Sunday, no contact has been made with the girl. A group of people whom she was traveling with had moved from the Bar Harbor Motel to the Boardwalk Hotel in Myrtle Beach.

10252803_BG2.jpg

http://helpfindbrittaneedrexel.com/

If you have any information concerning this case, please contact:
Myrtle Beach Police Department
(843) 918-1963
or CUE Center For Missing Persons 24 Hour Tip Line 910-232-1687

NCMEC Poster - http://www.missingkids.com/missingk...seNum=1121354&orgPrefix=NCMC&searchLang=en_US

Previous Threads:
Thread #1
Thread #2
Thread #3
Thread #4
Thread #5
Thread #6
Thread #7
Thread #8
Thread #9
Thread #10
Thread #11
Thread #12
Thread #13

http://www.wmbfnews.com/Global/story.asp?S=10252803

Thank you Tonia, I just saw her on NG and came in here to make sure she has a thread.

Beautiful child. It's being reported that a young man named Peter has changed his story several times in relating it to her mother, the sherriff's office and another man (family friend) that assisted the mother in filing a missing persons.

Video of Mother at this link:

http://rochesterhomepage.net/content/fulltext/?cid=87351

The mother of a Gates Chili student who has gone missing on spring break says she has a "gut feeling" her daughter isn't safe.

Police search for missing teen

Police in Myrtle Beach are looking to the public for help in finding Brittanee Drexel, who family friends say went missing on Saturday.
Drexel, 17, of Rochester, NY, is described by the Myrtle Beach Police Department as 5 feet tall, weighing an estimated 103 pounds. She is said to have shoulder-length straight brown hair with blue eyes.
Drexel was last seen wearing a multi-colored shirt, black shorts and flip flops. Police have noted the teen suffers from depression.
Officers met with a family friend of Drexel on Saturday, who traveled from Camp Lejeune, NC, upon request of the girl's mother. John Hahn says he last made contact with Drexel on Saturda around 8 p.m.
As of Sunday, no contact has been made with the girl. A group of people whom she was traveling with had moved from the Bar Harbor Motel to the Boardwalk Hotel in Myrtle Beach.

10252803_BG2.jpg

Tonia...........thanks for starting this thread. Nancy Grace covered this case on her program tonight. It was said that the group Brittanee was with moved from the Bar Harbor Motel to the Boardwalk Hotel, and Brittanee went back to the first motel to see someone and that's the last she was seen.

i hope she is found soon and safe.

A little more info from this article:

John Hahn says he last made contact with Drexel on Saturday around 8 p.m.

Investigators say that's around the same time a group of men from Rochester, NY, last saw the missing teen as well. Police have been questioning Pete Broswick, Phillip Watson, Matthew Abrams and Keith Cummings after meeting Drexel at Club Kryptonite on Friday evening.

Questioning has revealed Drexel made additional contact with the group of men, first at an area of beach bear the Blue Water Resort around 11 a.m. Saturday, and again in their hotel room later that night.

Broswick told police Drexel was involved in an argument with a friend over a pair of shorts she was wearing and had left the hotel room to return the clothing. Contact between the group and Drexel was lost after she left.

Hahn had more to say about the changing stories on NG tonight. I'm waiting for the transcript to be posted because I didn't catch it all. Does sound like a strange story :(

Salem

Prayers for Brittanee for her quick and safe return. Prayers for her Mother for strength.

Brittanee's Mother was shown on NG last night. Here is the link and some info shared on NG last night about Brittanee.

http://transcripts.cnn.com/TRANSCRIPTS/0904/27/ng.01.html

GRACE: Straight out to John Hahn, a friend of the missing girl. He reported her missing.

Mr. Hahn, thank you for being with us. I understand that you`re in the military near there at Camp Lejeune, you got a call in the middle of the night from her family. You took care of reporting her missing. What can you tell me about the last person to have seen her alive, changing his story. Is that true?

(ON THE PHONE)

JOHN HAHN, FRIEND OF 17-YEAR-OLD BRITTANEE DREXEL, REPORTED HER MISSING: Yes, it is. Several different people throughout the two-day period that I was down there investigating, reported that he`s been changing his story. I don`t know him personally.

I think it`s very, very shady that somebody decides to make a 17-hour drive back to Rochester, New York at 2:00 in the morning. Leaving clothes, liquor, and a deposit back at the hotel.

More interviews at link about Brittanee.

What a beautiful young lady. I pray that she is found safe and found soon.

This is so sad. Apparently she lied to her mother about where she was. I have a teenage son, he is 16 and unfortunetly for him, I am NOT too trusting. He often screams at me that I NEED TO TRUST HIM - but really I want him alive. So when he tells me he is going to his friends house, I call that friends mom to make sure they are there and everything is okay.

I am overly protective, but honestly I know I can't keep him safe all the time, but I try.

I wish teens would understand that a parent really just loves them and her mom telling her that SHE can't go to spring break in NC was her mom trying to do what is best for her because she loves her. I wish they knew they had PLENTY of time for all the freedom in the world soon enough and for now at 17 they need to just bear it.

My heart breaks for Dawn. It must have been a shock to hear her daughter still went to NC and her worst fear about letting her go came true.

I was always the mom at the park hovering over my son so he wouldn't fall - and all the other mothers were off reading abook talking and on their phones. GUESS WHAT - THEIR kid NEVER got hurt, but mine did. IRONIC.

just reported on the police scanner: possible sighting near barefoot!
only link I have is for the police scanner http://signaramaofmyrtlebeach.com/scanner.aspx
(choose the player on the bottom for the actual police one)

ETA: I've been listening to the scanner since the night the wildfire broke out.. though I have not been listening 24/7, this is the first that I have heard of possible sighting.. hope it's really her! Will update if I hear anything else

This hits close to home for me and I wish I had the money to go down and help to post flyers wich I hope they are doing! If I was involved in the help efforts I would post flyers all the way from murles inlet all the way down to cherry grove area. Hit the Wally world and put flyers on cars etc. I would go to club Krip and post etc. Someone has seen her. This is not Aruba and If you have been to Mrtyle Beach you no this time of year is pretty much crowded.
Things I dont understand How can her friends get another place when she is not old enough to stay there herself? Why did they leave if she was a friend? So many unanswered ? and I'm glad the family is there. But do they no what to do?? We all here at websleuths no what to do because we all have been around other cases etc. I have not heard of this story Local and I'm 2 hrs away! (sad) South Carolina in my lacks the resources to help with things like this! So many unsolved cases thru the sate seem to just disappear and go cold. I think right now is the time to look Everywhere just like they did in Florida etc. Everyone deserves this no matter where you live! Also I havent seen a flyer for this girl! I wander if the locals are helping out as well! Because of the fire situation etc. she deserves to be found! Story just doesnt add up to me! Mods feel free to delete If you think it should be thanks!!!!!!

and house of blues was one of the shelters during the wildfire.. I hope if she is out on her own, that she was able to stay safe and find shelter and food

They also need to post every hotel she has been at and the night club. they said her cell phone is dead and she left her clothes and her friends went to the boardwalk to stay. that is a long walk who was she with? Why would friend leave her over a pair of shorts? This doesnt seem right at all! Something is Def wrong I think!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
branditau.wareham72@gmail