Websleuths
Go Back   Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community > Featured Case Discussion > Caylee Anthony 2 years old

Notices

Caylee Anthony 2 years old Not reported missing for a month after she was last seen.


Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #226  
Old 12-22-2010, 03:30 PM
ExpectingUnicorns's Avatar
ExpectingUnicorns ExpectingUnicorns is offline
. . . only the pure of heart can see.
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Posts: 4,074
Quote:
Originally Posted by faefrost View Post
Why even enter a motion regarding the kitchen knife? Why make any sort of a big deal about it? It's not something that the SA is going to wave around the courtroom making slashing motions with? Autopsy seemed to indicate that Caylee probably was not shot stabbed or subjected to trauma, nor was she dismembered. So the kitchen knife was simply in the car. Nothing more than evidence of KC's live out of her car lifestyle. The SA would not be calling much attention to it if any, simply because it is a lousy piece of evidence. It has no forensics. Was cleaned by CA so they might not have gotten the right one back, and there is no indication it was used in the crime? Attempting to do anything more than listing it on the list of things reported found in the car would be insane for the SA. It would be giving the defense a piece of dodgy evidence to grandstand over. Heck thinking on it some more I can't imagine why the defense would want it eliminated now? Having it used at trial would allow them some courtroom theatrics that they just will not be able to get from the more solid actual evidence?
ITA with everything you've said, faefrost. And on top of all that, I've always wondered how and who decided that was the exact knife that was the one in the car. As I understand it, it was one of a set of several, had been washed and put back in the drawer; how could anyone be certain it was even the same knife?
__________________
The heart of the pure can see, but my eyes have never seen the unicorn . . .
Reply With Quote
The Following 16 Users Say Thank You to ExpectingUnicorns For This Useful Post:
  #227  
Old 12-22-2010, 03:34 PM
Numbers Numbers is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Posts: 899
Quote:
Originally Posted by faefrost View Post
Why even enter a motion regarding the kitchen knife? Why make any sort of a big deal about it? It's not something that the SA is going to wave around the courtroom making slashing motions with? Autopsy seemed to indicate that Caylee probably was not shot stabbed or subjected to trauma, nor was she dismembered. So the kitchen knife was simply in the car. Nothing more than evidence of KC's live out of her car lifestyle. The SA would not be calling much attention to it if any, simply because it is a lousy piece of evidence. It has no forensics. Was cleaned by CA so they might not have gotten the right one back, and there is no indication it was used in the crime? Attempting to do anything more than listing it on the list of things reported found in the car would be insane for the SA. It would be giving the defense a piece of dodgy evidence to grandstand over. Heck thinking on it some more I can't imagine why the defense would want it eliminated now? Having it used at trial would allow them some courtroom theatrics that they just will not be able to get from the more solid actual evidence?
Because Casey told them something about the knife that would be detrimental to the case and he's scared the SA knows, too?

Because the knife was used for some unrelated nefarious deed and Baez doesn't want the SA to even go there?

Because Baez is desperate to win *something* so his girl will be proud of him once more?

Because "logical" isn't wired into Baez's mind?
__________________
We have enough youth. How about looking for a Fountain of Smart?
Reply With Quote
The Following 25 Users Say Thank You to Numbers For This Useful Post:
  #228  
Old 12-22-2010, 03:35 PM
faefrost's Avatar
faefrost faefrost is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Posts: 2,303
Quote:
Originally Posted by ExpectingUnicorns View Post
ITA with everything you've said, faefrost. And on top of all that, I've always wondered how and who decided that was the exact knife that was the one in the car. As I understand it, it was one of a set of several, had been washed and put back in the drawer; how could anyone be certain it was even the same knife?
This was early in the investigation before LE became fully aware of some of CA's antics such as the dogs brush. Cindy said this was the knife. They took her word for it. There was never anything related to the kife that would have had them go back and re-examine it or the full set.
Reply With Quote
The Following 17 Users Say Thank You to faefrost For This Useful Post:
  #229  
Old 12-22-2010, 04:19 PM
LambChop's Avatar
LambChop LambChop is offline
WS Moderator
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: CT/NC
Posts: 17,545
Quote:
Originally Posted by ExpectingUnicorns View Post
ITA with everything you've said, faefrost. And on top of all that, I've always wondered how and who decided that was the exact knife that was the one in the car. As I understand it, it was one of a set of several, had been washed and put back in the drawer; how could anyone be certain it was even the same knife?
Maybe LE examined all of them and just returned all but the one which had the fabric pieces attached.
Reply With Quote
The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to LambChop For This Useful Post:
  #230  
Old 12-22-2010, 04:25 PM
Marshmallow's Avatar
Marshmallow Marshmallow is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Rochester-ish, NY
Posts: 532
Quote:
Originally Posted by Numbers View Post
Because Casey told them something about the knife that would be detrimental to the case and he's scared the SA knows, too?

Because the knife was used for some unrelated nefarious deed and Baez doesn't want the SA to even go there?

Because Baez is desperate to win *something* so his girl will be proud of him once more?

Because "logical" isn't wired into Baez's mind?


because he's trying to draw attention away from something else?
__________________
somethings just make you go "hmmmm" others make you say "seriously dude...really??" but often it is best to remain silent
Reply With Quote
The Following 13 Users Say Thank You to Marshmallow For This Useful Post:
  #231  
Old 12-22-2010, 04:35 PM
Aedrys's Avatar
Aedrys Aedrys is offline
If justice doesn't get you, karma will.
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Oklahoma
Posts: 6,719
Quote:
Originally Posted by LambChop View Post
Maybe LE examined all of them and just returned all but the one which had the fabric pieces attached.
This is what I am hoping. I can't believe LE would be stupid enough to just take Cindy Anthony at her word. I believe they took that whole dang drawer just in case. So why worry about a knife, then? It almost sounds like these motions are to try to draw out the prosecution to see what they have, you know, that mysterious stuff they aren't sharing with the defense for some nefarious reason *huge eyeroll*
Reply With Quote
The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to Aedrys For This Useful Post:
  #232  
Old 12-22-2010, 04:40 PM
logicalgirl's Avatar
logicalgirl logicalgirl is offline
Peace Hawk
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Vancouver
Posts: 16,006
Quote:
Originally Posted by BondJamesBond View Post
Apparantly not.

Against what's left of my better judgement...

There's a new thread here moving from "General" discussion to a specific topic re: relevancy of Casey's Lies, Stealing & Social/Sex Life.

There's an invisible sign that only the mods can see over that thread that reads, "Abandon All Hope Ye Who Enters Here". :HBwhiteflag:

Will do what we can to sort this out. Just do your part to post w/ TOS in mind and keep the nightmare PG-rated. TIA.
In the most respectful manner, I read your post and broke out into song!!

"Because you're mine - I walk the line......"
Reply With Quote
The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to logicalgirl For This Useful Post:
  #233  
Old 12-22-2010, 04:41 PM
logicalgirl's Avatar
logicalgirl logicalgirl is offline
Peace Hawk
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Vancouver
Posts: 16,006
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marshmallow View Post
because he's trying to draw attention away from something else?
You could be so right - we do know Baez creates drama and lets off a few fireworks when he doesn't want us to notice the main act that is hiding behind the curtain.
Reply With Quote
The Following 12 Users Say Thank You to logicalgirl For This Useful Post:
  #234  
Old 12-22-2010, 04:55 PM
faefrost's Avatar
faefrost faefrost is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Posts: 2,303
Quote:
Originally Posted by LambChop View Post
Maybe LE examined all of them and just returned all but the one which had the fabric pieces attached.
Did we see any forensics come back indicating they found anything on the knife? I am pretty sure that we have all of the LE and prosecution forensic reports back. I don't think there are anymore hidden surprises in that regard, outside of some autopsy specifics such as photos. So if we have not found anything big about the knife in the document dumps, its probably nothing more than what it seems. just another piece of household junk that KC tossed in her car and couldn't be bothered to take out. Along with other stuff such as dirty laundry, shoes, household garbage and her daughters decomposing body.
Reply With Quote
The Following 12 Users Say Thank You to faefrost For This Useful Post:
  #235  
Old 12-23-2010, 03:36 PM
ExpectingUnicorns's Avatar
ExpectingUnicorns ExpectingUnicorns is offline
. . . only the pure of heart can see.
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Posts: 4,074
I was googling for info on the knife when I came across this picture at http://livewire.wesh.com/Event/Casey..._6_2009?Page=0

At first I thought it just looked like a regular knife from a steak knife set but then I looked at the scale below. It looks like that knife is about 16 inches long. That's no dinner or steak knife. (I measured mine and they're only 10 inches.) I do have a fancy carving set that's one large fork and one large knife ~ I'm wondering if this is the kind of "set" that the Anthony's knife came from and why they knew which knife (from the "set") was the exact one that was in the car.

This might answer that question but, in turn, presents a new one. What the heck was she doing with such a large knife like that in her car? She sure wasn't spreading any peanut butter and jelly on crackers for Caylee with that huge thing!!!! moo
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Casey's Knife.jpg (22.7 KB, 45 views)
__________________
The heart of the pure can see, but my eyes have never seen the unicorn . . .
Reply With Quote
The Following 22 Users Say Thank You to ExpectingUnicorns For This Useful Post:
  #236  
Old 12-23-2010, 03:45 PM
Mrs G Norris's Avatar
Mrs G Norris Mrs G Norris is offline
Cached
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Straya!
Posts: 9,389
Yep, way to draw attention to the 'previously not' but now 'oh so' suspicious knife JOSE!
__________________
Put down the pitchfork and back away from the monitor ..
Reply With Quote
The Following 20 Users Say Thank You to Mrs G Norris For This Useful Post:
  #237  
Old 12-23-2010, 03:53 PM
FaerieB's Avatar
FaerieB FaerieB is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Thunder Bay
Posts: 2,089
Quote:
Originally Posted by ExpectingUnicorns View Post
I was googling for info on the knife when I came across this picture at http://livewire.wesh.com/Event/Casey..._6_2009?Page=0

At first I thought it just looked like a regular knife from a steak knife set but then I looked at the scale below. It looks like that knife is about 16 inches long. That's no dinner or steak knife. (I measured mine and they're only 10 inches.) I do have a fancy carving set that's one large fork and one large knife ~ I'm wondering if this is the kind of "set" that the Anthony's knife came from and why they knew which knife (from the "set") was the exact one that was in the car.

This might answer that question but, in turn, presents a new one. What the heck was she doing with such a large knife like that in her car? She sure wasn't spreading any peanut butter and jelly on crackers for Caylee with that huge thing!!!! moo
The scale on the ruler says it's 6 inches long. I'd say that knife is, at best, 10 inches.
Reply With Quote
The Following 20 Users Say Thank You to FaerieB For This Useful Post:
  #238  
Old 12-23-2010, 03:53 PM
SondraK SondraK is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Posts: 1,538
Quote:
Originally Posted by ExpectingUnicorns View Post
I was googling for info on the knife when I came across this picture at http://livewire.wesh.com/Event/Casey..._6_2009?Page=0

At first I thought it just looked like a regular knife from a steak knife set but then I looked at the scale below. It looks like that knife is about 16 inches long. That's no dinner or steak knife. (I measured mine and they're only 10 inches.) I do have a fancy carving set that's one large fork and one large knife ~ I'm wondering if this is the kind of "set" that the Anthony's knife came from and why they knew which knife (from the "set") was the exact one that was in the car.

This might answer that question but, in turn, presents a new one. What the heck was she doing with such a large knife like that in her car? She sure wasn't spreading any peanut butter and jelly on crackers for Caylee with that huge thing!!!! moo

If you look, that is a 6 inch ruler, I believe. Regular table knife.
Reply With Quote
The Following 16 Users Say Thank You to SondraK For This Useful Post:
  #239  
Old 12-23-2010, 03:57 PM
Numbers Numbers is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Posts: 899
Hinky's Discovery lists it as a dinner knife.

"OCSO property form for items recovered from car including mama doll, Dora backpack, dinner knife, blue plastic crate, KC’s black leather bag, Caylee’s toothbrush; and recovery of laptop and power cord, plastic clothes hangers (possibly from car) and “various papers”; trash bag from trunk – all recovered on 7/16/08 (230-231)"

Drat. It would have been so much more interesting had it been a machete.
__________________
We have enough youth. How about looking for a Fountain of Smart?
Reply With Quote
The Following 16 Users Say Thank You to Numbers For This Useful Post:
  #240  
Old 12-23-2010, 04:12 PM
ExpectingUnicorns's Avatar
ExpectingUnicorns ExpectingUnicorns is offline
. . . only the pure of heart can see.
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Posts: 4,074
Quote:
Originally Posted by FaerieB View Post
The scale on the ruler says it's 6 inches long. I'd say that knife is, at best, 10 inches.
OMGosh; I am so sorry! And guess what? I already had my cataract surgery done earlier this year. Guess those SmartLens they put in aren't so smart after all!
__________________
The heart of the pure can see, but my eyes have never seen the unicorn . . .
Reply With Quote
The Following 17 Users Say Thank You to ExpectingUnicorns For This Useful Post:
  #241  
Old 12-23-2010, 04:31 PM
Kathy1964 Kathy1964 is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Posts: 313
Of the boyfriends who were deposed, who said that KC spent the night and the 3 of them (boyfriend, KC and Caylee) were in the same bed?
Thanks
Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Kathy1964 For This Useful Post:
  #242  
Old 12-23-2010, 04:40 PM
nums24's Avatar
nums24 nums24 is offline
Praying for Justice!
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Chicagoland
Posts: 4,080
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kathy1964 View Post
Of the boyfriends who were deposed, who said that KC spent the night and the 3 of them (boyfriend, KC and Caylee) were in the same bed?
Thanks
Ricardo Morales - Page 11 of this: http://www.thehinkymeter.com/Library...ales072508.pdf
__________________
My posts are my opinion only. Praying for Justice for Caylee Marie!
The Florida Bar summed up the problem regarding Mr. Baez.
"His overall behavior, they wrote, showed "a total lack of respect for the rights of others and a total lack of respect for the legal system, which is absolutely inconsistent with the character and fitness qualities required of those seeking to be afforded the highest position of trust and confidence recognized by our system of law." (Thank you to TWA) Read their opinion here: http://www.floridasupremecourt.org/d...ps/sc95855.pdf
Reply With Quote
The Following 12 Users Say Thank You to nums24 For This Useful Post:
  #243  
Old 12-23-2010, 04:46 PM
sleutherontheside's Avatar
sleutherontheside sleutherontheside is offline
Retired WS Staff
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: In the sunshine.
Posts: 9,882
JB's "stream of motions" was IMO, timed for maximum impact and news effect. I can almost see his smirk now as he imagined the reaction and news coverage that it would garner.

But.... the single motion for sanctions filed by the SA, clearly trumped JB's attempt at "shock and awe" and dropped him "below the fold".

Karma
Reply With Quote
The Following 21 Users Say Thank You to sleutherontheside For This Useful Post:
  #244  
Old 12-23-2010, 04:48 PM
LancelotLink's Avatar
LancelotLink LancelotLink is offline
Better Days
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Posts: 5,266
Quote:
Originally Posted by sleutherontheside View Post
JB's "stream of motions" was IMO, timed for maximum impact and news effect. I can almost see his smirk now as he imagined the reaction and news coverage that it would garner.

But.... the single motion for sanctions filed by the SA, clearly trumped JB's attempt at "shock and awe" and dropped him "below the fold".

Karma
Now I know why we needed that knife. To cut up the red herrings! Yumm Yumm!
__________________
Justice for CAYLEE
Reply With Quote
The Following 17 Users Say Thank You to LancelotLink For This Useful Post:
  #245  
Old 12-23-2010, 06:50 PM
lauriej lauriej is offline
'wild rose country...'
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Posts: 3,855
regarding the knife-----was there ever anything in Discovery re: the pocketknife?

cindy---state Depo---July 29 2009

http://www.thehinkymeter.com/Library...depo072909.pdf

Q Okay. The console, does it have storage?
A Yes.

Q Did you check inside there for anything?
A Yes.. I didn't take anything out, though.

Q Okay.
A There was items in there.

Q That were left there by you and then -
A Right

Q -- when law enforcement eventually took the
car --
A It was in their possession. And I never got
a receipt for those items.

Q -- those items remained. Do you remember
anything that could have been in there?

A I know there was change and probably some
notes or something and there was a pocketknife in the
console.
__________________
my opinion...........and i happen to agree with it.....
Reply With Quote
The Following 12 Users Say Thank You to lauriej For This Useful Post:
  #246  
Old 12-24-2010, 12:18 PM
logicalgirl's Avatar
logicalgirl logicalgirl is offline
Peace Hawk
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Vancouver
Posts: 16,006
Can't wait for January 3rd to roll around and it's gonna come quickly. It's Christmas Eve Day, then Christmas Day, then Boxing Day, then New Years Eve, New Years Day, then put the decorations away, do some vacuuming, compare stories because no one is actually doing any work yet, and then,

BA-DA-BOOM! Do I hear clanking chains and say Hello HHJP?

But unlike ICA in her little cell, I'll be having a good time waiting.

Tick Tock Baez.....buckle up, ya got a tough four months ahead before things really blow up in your face.
Reply With Quote
The Following 14 Users Say Thank You to logicalgirl For This Useful Post:
  #247  
Old 12-24-2010, 12:27 PM
QB. QB. is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Toronto
Posts: 1,955
Quote:
Originally Posted by logicalgirl View Post
Can't wait for January 3rd to roll around and it's gonna come quickly. It's Christmas Eve Day, then Christmas Day, then Boxing Day, then New Years Eve, New Years Day, then put the decorations away, do some vacuuming, compare stories because no one is actually doing any work yet, and then,

BA-DA-BOOM! Do I hear clanking chains and say Hello HHJP?

But unlike ICA in her little cell, I'll be having a good time waiting.

Tick Tock Baez.....buckle up, ya got a tough four months ahead before things really blow up in your face.
LG - you are too funny!

But you are right . Things are moving at a faster pace. I've got a house to pack up and move in the next few weeks. That ought to make it go quickly for me. But I see a lot of activity coming up with hearings and motions and final depositions. Its going to get very interesting in the next couple of months. I think there are big developments coming.

By the way, Merry Christmas everyone!
Reply With Quote
The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to QB. For This Useful Post:
  #248  
Old 12-24-2010, 12:48 PM
logicalgirl's Avatar
logicalgirl logicalgirl is offline
Peace Hawk
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Vancouver
Posts: 16,006
Yowsers QB - you are the brave one! Moving!!

Thanks for the Christmas wishes - and many back to you !

We were yakking away on the threads the other day when one of the posters said not long - four and a half months.....B-O-I-N-G! We've all been waiting so long it was a shock to me to hear it's now actually that close.

Time is gonna fly - you are right - action packed leading up to it. I was expecting a slow walk to Christmas, and just look what happened - BAM!
Lots of news! Here we are!
Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to logicalgirl For This Useful Post:
  #249  
Old 12-29-2010, 11:02 AM
logicalgirl's Avatar
logicalgirl logicalgirl is offline
Peace Hawk
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Vancouver
Posts: 16,006
Talking

Only five more sleeps!!!
Reply With Quote
The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to logicalgirl For This Useful Post:
  #250  
Old 12-29-2010, 11:04 AM
Aedrys's Avatar
Aedrys Aedrys is offline
If justice doesn't get you, karma will.
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Oklahoma
Posts: 6,719
Quote:
Originally Posted by logicalgirl View Post
Only five more sleeps!!!
ROFL. Sadly, on New Year's Day, I'll be celebrating because it'll be two more days and my boss won't be here, so I'll be able to follow along on WS! WOOT!
Reply With Quote
The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Aedrys For This Useful Post:
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
List of Motions/Links to Court Documents **NO DISCUSSION HERE PLEASE** JBean Caylee Anthony 2 years old 399 09-26-2011 06:57 PM
2010.05.23 ~ Misty Jailhouse videos released: General Discussion doubletrouble Haleigh Cummings 186 06-01-2010 08:15 PM
2010.5.23 Tommy jailhouse videos on Sky: General Discussion lynnb Haleigh Cummings 158 05-28-2010 01:03 PM
2010.05.21 Tommy Jailhouse phone calls released: General Discussion Patty G Haleigh Cummings 516 05-26-2010 05:39 PM
General discussion about the drug busts on Jan 20, 2010 Kimster Haleigh Cummings 526 01-26-2010 11:08 AM


© Copyright Websleuths 1999-2012 New To Site? Need Help?
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.1
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
All times are GMT -4. The time now is 06:39 AM.

Advertisements

Pre-Order Imperfect Justice: Prosecuting Casey Anthony today!