Websleuths
Go Back   Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community > Current Events > Crimes in the News

Notices

Crimes in the News Read and comment about current crimes committed. Remember the copyright laws when posting news stories!

Old 01-05-2011, 06:59 PM

MD-68 Year Old Sexual Assault Victim Attacked Again By The Same Person

68-Year-Old Sex Assault Victim Attacked Again

Updated 4:51 PM EST, Wed, Jan 5, 2011

A 68-year-old woman who was sexually assaulted in Germantown, Md., in June says she was attacked by the same man Wednesday morning, Pat Collins reported.

The woman was attacked in her home both times. She was in her bed when she was attacked at about 1 a.m. Wednesday, she told police.

Across the street at Churchill Senior Living Center, an 86-year-old woman was physically and sexually assaulted in August, police said.

Investigators believe the assaults on the 68-year-old and the assault on the 86-year-old are related, police said.

http://www.nbcwashington.com/news/lo...112953589.html
The Following User Says Thank You to Searchfortruth For This Useful Post:
Old 01-05-2011, 07:00 PM
For nothing is secret that will not be revealed

Good God.

Long Lost Love: The Bob Harrod Story Disappeared/ID Network
Amazon: Purchase Long Lost Love $1.99

Bob Harrod SAR

“The first time someone shows you who they are, believe them.”
― Maya Angelou
Old 01-05-2011, 07:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by believe09 View Post
Good God.
I agree. I saw this on the local news tonight. This same perp attacked an 86 year old at the retirement community across the street, in the summer. I just can't believe that this has happened at all, but twice to the same woman ?
Old 01-05-2011, 07:15 PM

Multiple Elderly Sexual Assaults Linked In Germantown

GERMANTOWN, Md. (WUSA) -- Montgomery County Police are investigating another sexual assault of an elderly woman in Germantown. A young man between the ages of 16 and 25-years-old is accused of attacking a woman roughly 50-years-older than him two times in less than a year.

"I think it's frightening, terrifying," said the victim's neighbor. "There's a serial rapist on the loose."

The most recent attack happened 12:58 a.m., at the 20300 block of Beaconfield Terrace in Germantown. Police say a 68-year-old woman was attacked in her bed in her apartment. The same woman was attacked back on June 19th.

"I can tell you right now that I don't think investigators believe this is a coincidence," said Captain Paul Starks with Montgomery County Police. "I don't know why he would target the same person twice, but they believe he came back for a reason."

To make matters worse, the same suspect is also believed to be responsible for raping an 86-year-old woman last August at the Churchill Senior Living Center across the street.

Police describe the suspect as a black male, 5'10" tall, weighing approximately 145 pounds. He appeared to be 16 to 25 years old and had no facial hair. If you have any information in this case, please contact Montgomery County Police at 1-866-411-TIPS.

Video and sketch of suspect at link below...(I am having trouble getting the sketch on here w/ this computer).

http://www.wusa9.com/news/local/stor...9120&catid=158
The Following User Says Thank You to Searchfortruth For This Useful Post:
Old 01-05-2011, 07:29 PM
Retired WS Staff

Here ya go

I first thought of the Central TX rapist, altho by the description, doesn't sound like it is...he also attacked an elderly victim 2 times.

I hope they catch him quick!
~~ Mother Theresa ~~

Where is Rachel Cooke? Missing since 10-Jan-2002
Rachel's thread - WS
RachelCookeSearch.org
The Following User Says Thank You to Texas Mist For This Useful Post:
Old 01-06-2011, 12:49 AM

oh lord, how horrific what is this world comming to