Websleuths
Go Back   Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community > Crimes and Trials > Trials > Gabriel Johnson

Notices

Gabriel Johnson 8 Months old MISSING!

Old 01-20-2011, 10:50 AM
If we couldn't laugh, we would all go insane!

Jan'11 - LE releases report

http://www.miamiherald.com/2011/01/1...#ixzz1BT6RXX53

1/18/11

TEMPE, Ariz. -- A lengthy report released Tuesday by Tempe police describes how investigators have chased false leads from Texas to Florida in the hope of finding a baby missing since December 2009.

However, the 230-page report offers little new information into the disappearance of Gabriel Johnson, who was 8 months old at the time and was at the center of a bitter custody battle between his parents.

Authorities don't know whether the boy is alive.

---------------------------------

http://www.examiner.com/crime-in-nat...-released-case

Gabriel Johnson update: Read pages of reports released in missing baby case
January 19th, 2011 6:38 pm ET.

----------------------------------

Docs here:

http://www.examiner.com/crime-in-nat...aby-case-video

The Following 15 Users Say Thank You to YellowSubmarine For This Useful Post:
Old 01-20-2011, 11:04 AM
Lifetime WS Non-Mod

Old 01-20-2011, 11:11 AM
Lifetime WS Non-Mod

OMG the Smith's also tried to get another couples unborn baby and wanted to have Jack's name put on the b/c so the adoption would go through faster.

Thank God the couple didn't go through with it.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to momtective For This Useful Post:
Old 01-20-2011, 11:15 AM

Yeah, and did you see the guy said Tammi was still texting him asking for their baby!

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to YellowSubmarine For This Useful Post:
Old 01-20-2011, 11:30 AM

Boy, would I like to know what lead LE to believe her car was near the Pinnacle View apts in Miami!

Old 01-20-2011, 12:26 PM

Elizabeth Shook Gabriel????? makes my stomach turn just to think about what she could have done to him.
Old 01-20-2011, 02:05 PM
Lifetime WS Non-Mod

After reading these docs, there is absolutely no question in my mind, Tammi Smith is going straight to jail! jmo
The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to momtective For This Useful Post:
Old 01-20-2011, 04:16 PM

IS there any place to download the docs?
Old 01-20-2011, 04:20 PM

Not sure yet, Flash. I've just been reading from the link in the first post. Maybe check docstoc or one of the news sites.

Old 01-20-2011, 04:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by momtective View Post
After reading these docs, there is absolutely no question in my mind, Tammi Smith is going straight to jail! jmo

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to YellowSubmarine For This Useful Post:
Old 01-20-2011, 05:09 PM

Quote:
OMG the Smith's also tried to get another couples unborn baby and wanted to have Jack's name put on the b/c so the adoption would go through faster.

Thank God the couple didn't go through with it.
Nice Christian people, those Smiths.
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to OneLove For This Useful Post:
Old 01-20-2011, 05:13 PM
Inactive

230 page report in two PDF files:

http://www.kpho.com/download/2011/0119/26545073.pdf

http://www.kpho.com/download/2011/0119/26545073.pdf
The Following 14 Users Say Thank You to BeanE For This Useful Post:
Old 01-20-2011, 05:15 PM
Rest in Peace

I wonder how many missing babies that Tammy might to be involve with?
Old 01-20-2011, 07:00 PM

Quote:
and Elizabeth will be following right behind her
Old 01-20-2011, 07:21 PM
Lifetime WS Non-Mod

Quote:
Originally Posted by iluvmua View Post
and Elizabeth will be following right behind her
I certainly hope so but there is still a chance she could get off on a technicality. I for one will be livid if that happens and for the record...I can't believe LE didn't focus more on the people closest to EJ...her best friend!
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to momtective For This Useful Post:
Old 01-21-2011, 08:52 AM

From the files- Brother RJ to investigator:

"Aw dude, what is my evil twin sister doing?"
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to saba For This Useful Post:
Old 01-21-2011, 11:05 AM

Man there are so many leads that LE was not able to follow up on for lack of further information-phone number, license plate etc. Makes you wonder if one of those leads really could of been Gabriel.
Old 01-21-2011, 11:39 AM
Banned

TX..for real....I've been reading most of this , this morning, and I have SO MANY questions....It's mind boggling...I don't know where to start!
The Following User Says Thank You to kappy50 For This Useful Post:
Old 01-21-2011, 11:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeanE View Post

I'm confused... I reviewed both links, and they appear to be exactly the same. The report is described to be 230 pages, but I'm only seeing 153 pages. The last page has Tammi telling the detective that she knows how to get Gabriel back, but will need 5 days to do so, is cut off. I expected that discussion to be continued on "part two" of the report, but when I clicked on it, I was disappointed to find the same 153 pages I had just read. IDK...maybe I'm doing something wrong. I would be so grateful for your help!
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Catbird1 For This Useful Post:
Old 01-21-2011, 01:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Catbird1 View Post
I'm confused... I reviewed both links, and they appear to be exactly the same. The report is described to be 230 pages, but I'm only seeing 153 pages. The last page has Tammi telling the detective that she knows how to get Gabriel back, but will need 5 days to do so, is cut off. I expected that discussion to be continued on "part two" of the report, but when I clicked on it, I was disappointed to find the same 153 pages I had just read. IDK...maybe I'm doing something wrong. I would be so grateful for your help!
I noticed the same thing! Maybe part 2 is somewhere in la-la land...

Based on the way some of the leads don't seem to have been followed up, maybe no one realized they were actually releasing the same docs twice.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to artsy1 For This Useful Post:
Old 01-21-2011, 01:18 PM

I would love to see the rest of the report to see if it answers any of the questions that have come to my mind, like:

One report says on 12/30/09 EJ had a "new" phone number. Was this the phone number she got in SA, or did she get another new number once she reached FL?

Another report shows that EJ's previous phone was disconnected on 12/3/09 - long before she went to SA. So, was she without a phone during all that time, or did she get the SA number before she even left or ?????????

Was that why EJ used her neighbor's cell phone on 12/8/09 for those long distance phone calls? And I wonder who she was calling - someone in SA?
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to artsy1 For This Useful Post:
Old 01-21-2011, 01:32 PM

I'm also curious why possible sightings of Gabriel were just dismissed if the store/restaurant didn't have surveillance cameras?

I would think if surrounding businesses or even traffic cameras near the locations existed, that they could be checked for sightings of a child.

People don't just pop in and out of businesses like Samantha can on Bewitched. People tend to drive vehicles, get out, and enter businesses - and then do the reverse when they are through.

IMHO, it seems like the leads could have been taken one step further before being dismissed.

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to artsy1 For This Useful Post:
Old 01-21-2011, 02:07 PM
Banned

Ok...I'm going to start with the cell phone pings...Best I can gather from the documents
(pg. 38,39)...If I am reading this correctly, when EJ called Logan (before 12:00 AZ time, that would be right at 1:00 CST/TX)....the phone pinged, at what LE was told in Vidor,TX. The second ping, was Victoria,Tx. (Mistake made by Cricket to find out later)...
Vidor,TX is in the Houston area. So how could EJ call around the 1:00 CST hour if the bus didn't leave until 1:00 CST, Vidor is approx. 198 miles/ 3 plus hours away from San Antonio ??? I guess my big question, do we know for a FACT EJ rode the bus ??? Let me think again here...supposedly EJ bought a bus ticket ? Don't know if there was surveilnce to know for a fact it was her. A ticket was purchased by someone under the name Elizabeth Jones, correct ? But we don't know what "Time" that ticket was purchased, correct ?
So, if EJ supposedly handed off Master Gabe in the park at around 10:00 CST....she could have called Logan around the 1:00 CST hour from Houston or there of. 3 hour trip!

Last edited by kappy50; 01-21-2011 at 02:33 PM.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to kappy50 For This Useful Post:
Old 01-21-2011, 03:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kappy50 View Post
Ok...I'm going to start with the cell phone pings...Best I can gather from the documents
(pg. 38,39)...If I am reading this correctly, when EJ called Logan (before 12:00 AZ time, that would be right at 1:00 CST/TX)....the phone pinged, at what LE was told in Vidor,TX. The second ping, was Victoria,Tx. (Mistake made by Cricket to find out later)...
Vidor,TX is in the Houston area. So how could EJ call around the 1:00 CST hour if the bus didn't leave until 1:00 CST, Vidor is approx. 198 miles/ 3 plus hours away from San Antonio ??? I guess my big question, do we know for a FACT EJ rode the bus ??? Let me think again here...supposedly EJ bought a bus ticket ? Don't know if there was surveilnce to know for a fact it was her. A ticket was purchased by someone under the name Elizabeth Jones, correct ? But we don't know what "Time" that ticket was purchased, correct ?
So, if EJ supposedly handed off Master Gabe in the park at around 10:00 CST....she could have called Logan around the 1:00 CST hour from Houston or there of. 3 hour trip!

Good point, Kappy!

I guess I would question if there was surveillance of EJ actually getting on
the bus. From what I've seen posted before, I guess people remember her sitting patiently waiting after the ticket was purchased, but I don't know if there has been confirmation of her actually boarding the bus.

Of course, the memory is not as sharp as it used to be, so I might have forgotten....
Old 01-21-2011, 03:04 PM
Verified Attorney

FYI I contacted a friend at KPHO and got the link fixed. Here's the rest of the report:

http://www.kpho.com/download/2011/0119/26545082.pdf

"It would seem to me that June 16, 2008 was the last time that the victim was viewed by her grandparents. It became quite evident that from the OS of the Defense that the 16th was a date of great importance and that a so called time line of activities dealing with CA, LA, GA and ICA on the 16th and what, if any, activities took place on the 15th, 16th and 17th of June on 24 hour cycles would have been, at least, of a minimal requirement of review. I take it at some point you had a computer expert look at that data?" HHJP, 6/21/11
http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sho...139910&page=94
The Following 15 Users Say Thank You to AZlawyer For This Useful Post: