Websleuths
Go Back   Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community > Current Events > Up to the Minute

Notices

Up to the Minute Breaking news happening right now! (This is not for crime news. Please post breaking crime in the "Crimes in the News" forum).

Old 01-21-2011, 03:35 PM
Not really that tough...

TX-Proposed Bill Would Create Domestic Violence Registry

http://dfw.cbslocal.com/2011/01/21/p...ence-registry/

Proposed Bill Would Create Domestic Violence Registry

Quote:
But a bill that has been proposed by State Representative Trey Martinez Fischer of San Antonio seeks to create a domestic violence registry, similar to the current sex offender registry. “Once you’ve been in an abusive relationship, you have some trust issues,” Galaviz said. “You always have some doubts, and this would be one way to relieve some of those doubts.”

“I think it’s a great tool, especially for someone who doesn’t have the means to do a criminal background check on a potential suitor,” Galaviz added.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Tuffy For This Useful Post:
Old 01-27-2011, 05:14 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tuffy View Post
http://dfw.cbslocal.com/2011/01/21/p...ence-registry/

Proposed Bill Would Create Domestic Violence Registry
I think this is a great idea that should be adopted nationwide! Many women (and some men) get into abusive relationships with no knowledge of their abusers past history. If this registry saved even one person from the horrors of an abusive relationship then it would be well worth it. Wish something like this had existed when I met my ex, because he would never have had the chance of even becoming my ex if I had known his history. I would have gone the other way as fast as possible!
The Following User Says Thank You to Melly53 For This Useful Post:
Old 04-19-2011, 10:52 AM

N.Y. Domestic Violence Registry Proposal Met With Big Concerns
Plan Said To Be Well-Intentioned, But Could Impact Fed Funding
April 18, 2011 8:10 PM

MINEOLA, N.Y. (CBSNewYork) — It’s a controversial idea from some local lawmakers — registering domestic violence offenders, just like those convicted of sex crimes, on a state-wide database.

Their names, addresses and photos would be made public.

But would that put victims in greater danger?

“My ex-husband, he would go into rage. He put a knife to my throat. He spit on me, choked me, many times in front of my daughter,” one victim told CBS 2’s Jennifer McLogan on Monday.

Police said they arrested that woman’s partner for domestic violence and weapons possession.

But she said while he was out on bail his goal was to continue dating.

more
http://newyork.cbslocal.com/2011/04/...-big-concerns/
The Following User Says Thank You to LiveLaughLuv For This Useful Post:
Old 04-20-2011, 06:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Melly53 View Post
I think this is a great idea that should be adopted nationwide! Many women (and some men) get into abusive relationships with no knowledge of their abusers past history. If this registry saved even one person from the horrors of an abusive relationship then it would be well worth it. Wish something like this had existed when I met my ex, because he would never have had the chance of even becoming my ex if I had known his history. I would have gone the other way as fast as possible!
I'm for it but I wonder about those that would cry wolve to get their partner in trouble? What would that do to someone's future?

Goz