Websleuths
Go Back   Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community > Missing!! > Missing but not forgotten Discussion

Notices

Missing but not forgotten Discussion This Forum is for case discussion and opinion regarding all missing persons who have not been forgotten despite the number of years they have been missing. Many members have loved ones here & need your help to bring them home!

Closed Thread

Old 02-08-2011, 08:59 PM
Retired WS Staff

TX - Joshua Davis, 18 months, New Braunfels, 4 Feb 2011 - #2

Joshua Davis

(New Braunfels, TX) -- An 18-month old toddler is still missing, despite the best efforts of New Braunfels Police and nearby neighbors who went out into the cold night searching for the young boy. Police officials say they were first called out to the 26-hundred block of Savannah Hill Circle (which sits off of Klein Road, on the east side of I-35) just before 9 o’clock last night after the mother of the 18-month old buy reported him missing. She had last seen him inside their residence about 20-minutes prior to calling police, and responding officers searched the home multiple times, then added a grid search of the entire neighborhood, with no luck finding the toddler.

http://kgnb.am/news/toddler-still-mi...-and-neighbors

Previous thread

Thread #1
~~ Mother Theresa ~~

Where is Rachel Cooke? Missing since 10-Jan-2002
Rachel's thread - WS
RachelCookeSearch.org
Old 02-08-2011, 09:03 PM
Verified Expert/Professional in SAR and K9SAR

Crazy question....
Have they cleared inside the house?
Old 02-08-2011, 09:08 PM

http://www.mysanantonio.com/news/loc...#ixzz1DQJR8O46

Quote:
Police spoke to the child's pediatrician Tuesday, Penshorn said, and concluded that the child's survivability window in last weekend's sub-freezing weather was only 24 hours. Armed with that information and the numerous searches, it becomes less likely that the child wandered off and died in the elements.
It also appears that NCMEC is on in an advisory role.
The Following 15 Users Say Thank You to FaerieB For This Useful Post:
Old 02-08-2011, 09:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sarx View Post
Crazy question....
Have they cleared inside the house?
There have been numerous reports that the house was cleared initially on Friday.
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to FaerieB For This Useful Post:
Old 02-08-2011, 09:12 PM

I guess it's after dark there now AGAIN.
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to watcher9 For This Useful Post:
Old 02-08-2011, 09:18 PM

Let's Find Joshua Davis FB Page: http://www.facebook.com/pages/Lets-F...?ref=ts&v=wall
The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to FaerieB For This Useful Post:
Old 02-08-2011, 09:21 PM
<----The bravest little guy I've ever met.

I wish I were swayed, but I'll come out and say it, I still don't believe the parents are involved. Now, maybe one of the other people in the home that night, but if so, I believe it was without the parent's knowledge. The old saying, "Two can keep a secret if one of them is dead..." There is no way that 7 adults are all keeping the same secret unless this is the world's worst flubbed investigation. In order for everyone to get on the same page with the same story, it would have taken more time than they had before calling LE. And someone would have told by now. If there was one person, say one that had a legitimate sounding reason to sneak out for just a few...

That would be my bet.
Old 02-08-2011, 09:21 PM
Karma - The Great Equalizer

Poor little baby Joshua. The only hope now is that someone did take him.

I'm just not ready to point the finger directly at the parents. He looks like such a happy, well-cared-for baby in all the pictures. I can't convince myself they hurt him.

I am praying for this baby.
Old 02-08-2011, 09:35 PM
<----The bravest little guy I've ever met.

Also, I side with the police that the RSO is not involved. An 8 or 9 year old child, then 15 years later, he goes after a child under the age of two? No, that's not a pattern. It doesn't fit. I know there are some that go for both genders of children, but a prepubescent girl and then a year and a half old boy? No, sorry, not with what we know about offenders.
Old 02-08-2011, 09:42 PM
There is no original thought....

With every hour, I am becoming more and more attached to Joshua. Even though, his mom referred to him as "the baby" for almost the entire interview on NG, it still didn't raise flags for me. Joshua's parents remind me of me and my DH. I believe they are completely innocent. Well, maybe I will call them guilty of believing that 7 adults would have been keeping an eye on the baby.... Although I know many parents make that mistake. The more adults there are, the less the kiddos are watched. It happens. But I think SOMEONE harmed baby Joshua...... Maybe a stranger, maybe the "friend" that left at some point and came back??? Do I have that right? Maybe a crime of oppurtunity? OR Maybe LE screwed this from the beginning by NOT bringing in the PROPER SAR dogs! I cannot stop thinking of poor lil man, he is so handsome, obviously loved, and obviously happy. I keep praying for a miracle.... Miracles happen everyday.........
The Following 12 Users Say Thank You to mommy23 For This Useful Post:
Old 02-08-2011, 09:47 PM
Retired WS Staff

Quote:
Originally Posted by not_my_kids View Post
Also, I side with the police that the RSO is not involved. An 8 or 9 year old child, then 15 years later, he goes after a child under the age of two? No, that's not a pattern. It doesn't fit. I know there are some that go for both genders of children, but a prepubescent girl and then a year and a half old boy? No, sorry, not with what we know about offenders.
I don't believe the RSO is involved either, but I won't rule out someone who was there inside the house that night since I feel it highly improbable little Joshua just wandered off into the cold night. MOO

The Following 15 Users Say Thank You to panthera For This Useful Post:
Old 02-08-2011, 10:02 PM
Verified Attorney

I'm not thinking it was the parents either. Yes, I noticed that the dad does not look into the camera and neither seem really panicked, but these are young people who may not have basic skills interfacing with anyone on a professional level and they may not be mature enough to grasp the ramifications at this point. I don't know. In any event, many people thought Ed Smart and the Van Dams acted strangely or not in a manner expected, after their kids went missing, and the step-dad of Jaycee Dugard, etc. There are many more out there who didn't seem to "act right" but who had nothing to do with the disappearance of their children.
I don't know what the ultimate truth will be here but I'm still thinking he wandered off somehow, curled up in a small space and died, poor thing, or got taken by a coyote or was hustled out of the house by someone in it. I;m still thinking of those possibilities. I hope not but I believe they will likely find a small body in the next few days somewhere near the house. Oh, he's such a pretty, pretty child. Poor little guy.
Old 02-08-2011, 10:08 PM
Our lives begin to end the day we become silent about things that matter ~MLK Jr

The only thing about it not being the mom or dad: it would have to be someone familiar enough with the home/property to hide him THAT quickly. If the mom/dad are both telling the truth and are innocent, then that leaves about a 20-minute window from the time he was last seen until LE was summoned. That's a very short time window. Too short, I think.

There was the other person who left/returned that timeframe that Joshua went missing but he evidently was cleared. Not sure how, but... I guess he's cleared. (????)

I think the fact that the father took three polygraphs and also said he had no idea what LE removed from the back yard (meaning LE didn't share it with him) says a lot, IMHO.

ETA: I'm not saying it is one of the parents (the THREE polygraphs are highly suspicious to me, though) - but whoever it was knew the home/yard very well and felt comfortable there. MOO

My posts are meant to help think through possibilities and are strictly an additional opinion under circumstances when many points of view need to be considered. I apologize in advance to anyone whose potential involvement is contemplated in error. Please understand that much of what is happening is merely brainstorming during unfortunate events.
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to belimom For This Useful Post:
Old 02-08-2011, 10:08 PM

I personally don't think it was the parents, unless they are very good actors. However, if one of them did hurt him, it could have been unintentional-maybe an accident that he/she/someone panicked after and quickly removed the child. But I don't think so. One of the 'guests' could have accidentally dropped him on his head and taken him somewhere a few miles away quickly. With that many people, and no one really paying attention, anything could have happened. Something could have happened earlier, before the guests arrived, and in the noise and crowded atmosphere, no one may have noticed Joshua wasn't even there. Or he got outside and someone picked him up.

Last edited by CarmelEyesD; 02-08-2011 at 10:15 PM.
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to CarmelEyesD For This Useful Post:
Old 02-08-2011, 10:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by not_my_kids View Post
I wish I were swayed, but I'll come out and say it, I still don't believe the parents are involved. Now, maybe one of the other people in the home that night, but if so, I believe it was without the parent's knowledge. The old saying, "Two can keep a secret if one of them is dead..." There is no way that 7 adults are all keeping the same secret unless this is the world's worst flubbed investigation. In order for everyone to get on the same page with the same story, it would have taken more time than they had before calling LE. And someone would have told by now. If there was one person, say one that had a legitimate sounding reason to sneak out for just a few...

That would be my bet.
Most of this is usually spot on.......until you think of Haleigh Cummings.....2 people (or more) keeping secrets.
The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Jovi Girl For This Useful Post:
Old 02-08-2011, 10:23 PM
"All the clouds are clearing, and I think we're over the storm."

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jovi Girl View Post
Most of this is usually spot on.......until you think of Haleigh Cummings.....2 people (or more) keeping secrets.
I'd venture a guess there's two or more in the know on Hailey Dunn, as well.
The Following 12 Users Say Thank You to Daisyjane For This Useful Post:
Old 02-08-2011, 10:26 PM
The key to change... is to let go of fear

I don't feel it is the parents either, I think someone took the baby out of that home. I wonder how sure the parents are of the time's last seen ? Also the friend that left for 20 mins and came back.....well I will play devil's advocate here, that is enough time IMO to give him to someone else that left with him or enough time to take him home and stash him until later. We know LE was there right away but they were out looking for him believeing he wandered off I am sure they were not checking homes.
Old 02-08-2011, 10:26 PM

What a beautiful, beautiful child. There is not enough information yet for me feeling comfortable enough to form an opinion, except he walked away or his own, someone in the house removed him or a phantom person decides to sneak in to a small house full of people. I feel it is too remote to consider that someone just happened to be lurking on the street she a toddler walk by on a cold night. This should be a simple case to solve, famous last words I know. I originally thought that in the early days of the Cummings case as well.

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Dee10 For This Useful Post:
Old 02-08-2011, 10:32 PM
Verified Juanette

Quote:
Originally Posted by CarmelEyesD View Post
I personally don't think it was the parents, unless they are very good actors. However, if one of them did hurt him, it could have been unintentional-maybe an accident that he/she/someone panicked after and quickly removed the child. But I don't think so. One of the 'guests' could have accidentally dropped him on his head and taken him somewhere a few miles away quickly. With that many people, and no one really paying attention, anything could have happened. Something could have happened earlier, before the guests arrived, and in the noise and crowded atmosphere, no one may have noticed Joshua wasn't even there. Or he got outside and someone picked him up.
I agree with the possibility that an accident took place, and that one person, maybe 2 covered it up.

But I have to assume it happened after the guests arrived because if they never saw the baby we would have heard that already. Both parents have made public statements declaring he was around all of the adults up until
8 pm. So I am going to assume the boy was seen by the others.

I still think it is more likely that one of the guests stole him secretly and I don't believe LE could clear them so quickly. If one of them were able to get him out with no one looking then they had lots of places to stash him for hours before anyone would search their home or vehicles more thoroughly.

The person who supposedly left briefly and then returned could have hidden him in their trunk. Then while people began to go out quickly and search in the first 20 minutes he could have moved him somewhere else. Did he come back in the same vehicle?
The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to katydid23 For This Useful Post:
Old 02-08-2011, 10:47 PM
Retired WS Staff

Attendees begin gathering in the backyard of the home of 18-month old Joshua Davis Jr. prior to the start of Tuesday's candlelight vigil.

http://herald-zeitung.com/news/local...tml?mode=image
~~ Mother Theresa ~~

Where is Rachel Cooke? Missing since 10-Jan-2002
Rachel's thread - WS
RachelCookeSearch.org
The Following 19 Users Say Thank You to Texas Mist For This Useful Post:
Old 02-08-2011, 10:49 PM
Montana

He is a beautiful little boy, isn't he?

http://herald-zeitung.com/news/local...cc4c03286.html

snipped from Texas Rangers Join the Hunt for Joshua Davis

“Although we are still searching, our primary focus is shifting more towards the investigation aspect,” said New Braunfels Police Department Lt. Michael Penshorn. “We are investigating to find out exactly what happened to Joshua Davis on the evening in question.”
Old 02-08-2011, 10:50 PM
Montana

I hate to think of all those people attending the vigil on what could very well be the initial crime scene.
The Following 13 Users Say Thank You to Noway For This Useful Post:
Old 02-08-2011, 10:51 PM
Our lives begin to end the day we become silent about things that matter ~MLK Jr

Quote:
Originally Posted by Noway View Post
He is a beautiful little boy, isn't he?

http://herald-zeitung.com/news/local...cc4c03286.html

snipped from Texas Rangers Join the Hunt for Joshua Davis

“Although we are still searching, our primary focus is shifting more towards the investigation aspect,” said New Braunfels Police Department Lt. Michael Penshorn. “We are investigating to find out exactly what happened to Joshua Davis on the evening in question.”
Says a whole lot right there, IMHO.

My posts are meant to help think through possibilities and are strictly an additional opinion under circumstances when many points of view need to be considered. I apologize in advance to anyone whose potential involvement is contemplated in error. Please understand that much of what is happening is merely brainstorming during unfortunate events.
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to belimom For This Useful Post:
Old 02-08-2011, 10:54 PM

Well I'm beginning to wonder if drugs weren't involved, and if the baby was given drugs as a joke, and it killed him, and the whole group conjured up what to do, sent the one guy out to get rid of the evidence, and when he came back, had a few moments to chill before LE was then called out.

Someone mentioned the father not looking into the camera. I see that as a red flag. I see the mother supposedly crying, wiping one eye not both. Another red flag to me. If you are sincerely crying then you are going to be wiping both your eyes.

Someone else said they were young, didn't know how to act on camera. My feeling is there IS no acting if you have sincerely lost your child. You hang your heart out there because you are ripped from the very core of your being.

I fear this couple was hollering kidnapping with hopes of getting LE out of the neighborhood and off their backs. Hope I'm wrong.

Also hope this doesn't turn into the Hailey Cummings type situation. Wonder if LE put up the $5000 reward to see if any of the guests would give in for that amount and spill the beans? JMO.
The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to justthinkin For This Useful Post:
Old 02-08-2011, 10:56 PM
Verified Expert/Professional in SAR and K9SAR

Ugh, why must the vigils be held at the PLS?