Websleuths
Go Back   Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community > Featured Case Discussion > Hailey Dunn

Notices

Hailey Dunn Hailey went missing from Colorado City, Texas on Dec. 27, 2010 and her remains were found March of 2013 in Scurry County, Texas.


Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old 02-21-2011, 09:32 PM
WillenFan21's Avatar
WillenFan21 WillenFan21 is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Posts: 4,788
Exclamation 2011.02.21: Hailey's Angel's Quit Searching(decision reversed 2011.2.22)

(SNIPPED)

Freda Radcliff is one of "Hailey's Angels," a group of six who organized a volunteer appreciation dinner this weekend for search crews combing through the fields for the missing Colorado City teen.

"We weren't appreciated for what we tried to do for them," said Radcliff.


Radcliff says there's only one way to describe it.

"A big fiasco," she said.

The culprit, a video created by "Hailey's Angels" that chronicled search efforts from the 13-year old's disappearance to now.

"They showed me, Clint, our family, little kids who were there, video of where they go to search in these ugly fields and these ugly creeks for our baby," said Billie Dunn, Hailey's mother.

Hailey's mother says for her, the hour-long video tribute stirred some negative emotions. She did not like how her daughter's story was presented.

"We're hoping to find Hailey alive," Dunn said, "that's what we want, we don't want to be associated with that."


Volunteers say a search crew member trained by one national agency asked "Hailey's Angels" to turn off the video halfway through.

more quotes from billie here: http://bigcountryhomepage.com/fulltext/?nxd_id=344756
__________________
!~*Mar*~!




Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 02-21-2011, 10:01 PM
eileenhawkeye eileenhawkeye is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Posts: 6,747
I understand why they're angry but if they stop searching, they're only hurting Hailey. If Billie doesn't want to be associated with them, fine, then just be 100% for Hailey.
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 02-21-2011, 10:18 PM
everyoneneedsavoice's Avatar
everyoneneedsavoice everyoneneedsavoice is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Posts: 1,813
Thanks for starting this thread Willen.

What a mess...that's all I can say right now because I like it here!
Reply With Quote
The Following 15 Users Say Thank You to everyoneneedsavoice For This Useful Post:
  #4  
Old 02-21-2011, 10:18 PM
lonetraveler's Avatar
lonetraveler lonetraveler is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Carolina Coast
Posts: 9,978
Just where the heck does BD think that search groups actully search????? This is totally ludicrous!
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 02-21-2011, 10:19 PM
Velouria's Avatar
Velouria Velouria is offline
Don't Drink the Pinellas Punch!
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: sitting on a cornflake
Posts: 2,376
Quote:
Originally Posted by eileenhawkeye View Post
I understand why they're angry but if they stop searching, they're only hurting Hailey. If Billie doesn't want to be associated with them, fine, then just be 100% for Hailey.

Exactly.

It's not about YOU Billie Jean. It's about Hailey.

Her attitude would make me want to search that much harder, although I must say I don't blame the searchers for being disgusted by her attitude. BD's not lifting a finger to find her child.
__________________


"I look to a day when people will not be judged by the color of their skin, but by the content of their character."
-Martin Luther King, Jr.



Last edited by grandmaj; 02-21-2011 at 11:18 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 02-21-2011, 10:20 PM
katydid23's Avatar
katydid23 katydid23 is online now
Verified Juanette
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Posts: 24,818
Quote:
Originally Posted by lonetraveler View Post
Just where the heck does BD think that search groups actully search????? This is totally ludicrous!
I guess she doesn't want them to look in 'dirty' fields. Especially not the ones near Shawns family properties.
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 02-21-2011, 10:25 PM
mommy23 mommy23 is offline
There is no original thought....
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: The wild Rogue
Posts: 678
Well if she has any "clean" suggestions, then by all means Billie, share with us. I am sure there will be people to help you. As of now, you let "ugly" in your house, and there is a big mess to clean because of it.
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 02-21-2011, 10:29 PM
Aya Aya is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Austin, Tx
Posts: 68
wow, just wow.

"They are hoping that Shawn [Adkins] did something horrible to Hailey," said Dunn, "and that they're going to prove it, and prove it to me."
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 02-21-2011, 10:47 PM
s_finch s_finch is offline
"Perpetrators on all levels strive for stealth"
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Posts: 897
When I first read the article, I was thinking "IDIOT", then I realized BD got what she wanted, the locals quit searching for Hailey.

BD is one piece of work. People like her leave me speechless. "Ugly fields", "ugly creeks",,,really???? I mean, REALLY????? And of course she had to defend Shawn again.

Casey Anthony, Susan Smith, Elisa "Baker", Billie Dunn......

http://bigcountryhomepage.com/fulltext/?nxd_id=344756
__________________
http://www.websleuths.com/forums/ima...ine=1215390902Dail Dinwiddie missing since 1992
http://www.kristenfoundation.org/cgi...port=sp&ID=027

**************************************

Last edited by s_finch; 02-21-2011 at 10:50 PM. Reason: Added Susan Smith
Reply With Quote
  #10  
Old 02-21-2011, 10:50 PM
concernedmother concernedmother is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Posts: 3,891
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aya View Post
wow, just wow.

"They are hoping that Shawn [Adkins] did something horrible to Hailey," said Dunn, "and that they're going to prove it, and prove it to me."
Well that just speaks volumes right there. They need to keep searching and find Hailey. She must be terrified they will find her and she will lose Shawn.
Truthfully, this is the first mother Ive ever seen throw a hissy fit when people were out looking for her missing child. It just blows my mind.
Reply With Quote
  #11  
Old 02-21-2011, 10:51 PM
katydid23's Avatar
katydid23 katydid23 is online now
Verified Juanette
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Posts: 24,818
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aya View Post
wow, just wow.

"They are hoping that Shawn [Adkins] did something horrible to Hailey," said Dunn, "and that they're going to prove it, and prove it to me."
That quote by her is so transparent. It makes me so angry I can hardly stand it.

That quote right there shows clearly what her problem with them is. It is not because they are looking in 'dirt' or looking for a dead body---because ALL of the searchers are doing that.

She is angry because those LOCAL volunteers can see what the truth is, and Billie does not like it. Instead, she si going to Dallas with Clint, and she is going to ask for people to keep an eye out for Hailey, a LIVE Hailey.
Reply With Quote
  #12  
Old 02-21-2011, 10:54 PM
concernedmother concernedmother is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Posts: 3,891
Quote:
Originally Posted by eileenhawkeye View Post
I understand why they're angry but if they stop searching, they're only hurting Hailey. If Billie doesn't want to be associated with them, fine, then just be 100% for Hailey.
It would just make me that much more determined to search and make me think I was getting close to something.
Reply With Quote
  #13  
Old 02-21-2011, 11:19 PM
GEORGIAGIRL69 GEORGIAGIRL69 is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Posts: 138
WOW! What an ungrateful thing to say. I am so steamed I can't even think straight. Guess I had better zip it before I say something I will regret and get a little vacation. Mumbling to myself as I leave ... *#^)^$#@
Reply With Quote
  #14  
Old 02-21-2011, 11:34 PM
Jo in Calif's Avatar
Jo in Calif Jo in Calif is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2010
Posts: 1,574
I'm really surprised that Billie has thought all along that the searchers were looking for Hailey from their couches, going to malls, grocery stores, hair salons dollar stores and such.
I can't believe this woman can act so ignorant, I can't believe she is still bringing up Shawn and I can't believe she still thinks for 8 weeks it has been about Billie Dunn.
Is there not any one any where that can talk some sense into that woman?
Some people say it doesn't matter what Billie says, people are going to pick it apart, well if any one can say that Billie didn't just show an awful lot of ungratefulness to all those searchers, I don't know what else to call it.
Reply With Quote
  #15  
Old 02-21-2011, 11:34 PM
Tugela Tugela is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Posts: 1,875
Well, according to that report "Volunteers say a search crew member trained by one national agency asked "Hailey's Angels" to turn off the video halfway through.", which suggests that the content was offensive. From the sounds of it BD was made to feel like a target, which of course would create a very uncomfortable and inappropriate situation. Put yourself in her position, how would you react? I'm guessing that you wouldn't be applauding them for doing that.

The fact that these folk have decided to call it quits simply because she expressed that feeling speaks volumes IMO.
Reply With Quote
The Following 18 Users Say Thank You to Tugela For This Useful Post:
  #16  
Old 02-21-2011, 11:41 PM
Knox's Avatar
Knox Knox is offline
ܡܫܠܡ
 
Join Date: May 2009
Posts: 9,845
Quote:
Originally Posted by concernedmother View Post
It would just make me that much more determined to search and make me think I was getting close to something.
Me too!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Reply With Quote
The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Knox For This Useful Post:
  #17  
Old 02-21-2011, 11:47 PM
looking4clues looking4clues is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Posts: 145
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tugela View Post
Well, according to that report "Volunteers say a search crew member trained by one national agency asked "Hailey's Angels" to turn off the video halfway through.", which suggests that the content was offensive. From the sounds of it BD was made to feel like a target, which of course would create a very uncomfortable and inappropriate situation. Put yourself in her position, how would you react? I'm guessing that you wouldn't be applauding them for doing that.

The fact that these folk have decided to call it quits simply because she expressed that feeling speaks volumes IMO.
I don't post much, but I have to agree with this post. I don't know what the video was, but if it was a whole hour with the bulk of it showing searches in fields, quite frankly, that's a lot for ANY family of a missing child to sit through. An hour is a LONG time. I'm not taking up for BD, but the fact that someone else asked them to turn it off makes me think that it was just too much.
Reply With Quote
The Following 18 Users Say Thank You to looking4clues For This Useful Post:
  #18  
Old 02-21-2011, 11:55 PM
katydid23's Avatar
katydid23 katydid23 is online now
Verified Juanette
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Posts: 24,818
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tugela View Post
Well, according to that report "Volunteers say a search crew member trained by one national agency asked "Hailey's Angels" to turn off the video halfway through.", which suggests that the content was offensive. From the sounds of it BD was made to feel like a target, which of course would create a very uncomfortable and inappropriate situation. Put yourself in her position, how would you react? I'm guessing that you wouldn't be applauding them for doing that.

The fact that these folk have decided to call it quits simply because she expressed that feeling speaks volumes IMO.
That is not what I got from it. She said it was because the searchers were shown searching 'the dirty fields and dirty creeks' and it implied a dead body, so she was upset. She wants not to be associated with them because she wants them to be looking for a LIVE Hailey, in her words.
The crew member wanted to turn it off because Billie was upset, not because the video made her a target in any way.

And we heard from Billie herself what the problem was. She said NOTHING about the video making her a target. She said it was because the video showed them searching for a dead body and because this group 'thinks Shawn did something horrible to Hailey" and she thinks their goal is to prove that to her.

ETA= this is not the only reason they would want to give up their searching. It is probably just the straw that breaks the camels back.
She has NEVER been gracious towards them. And she has NEVER been thankful nor helpful in any way. So why would they want to keep looking for her child. Some of them have looked EVERY DAY FOR 8 WEEKS.

Last edited by katydid23; 02-22-2011 at 12:01 AM.
Reply With Quote
  #19  
Old 02-21-2011, 11:56 PM
scapa's Avatar
scapa scapa is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Posts: 266
I'm a little baffled by the video (as described in the article) too, and although I have great respect for this group's labours, I suspect it may have indeed been provocative, given SA's status as a suspect and how BD herself may be viewed by fellow townspeople at this point.

That said, I agree with posters above that, as per usual, BD's comments are surreally inappropriate to the occasion. Ugly rivers and fields? Where does she think her daughter is likely to be found? Hiding in a sparkling Dallas show loft? Tucked away on a yacht? Disappearance, possible abduction and murder -- it's ugly, ugly and dirty. I too hope this crew keeps up their efforts, but part of me feels they're well out of it.

This case is beginning to enrage me. It used to just bemuse me, but not anymore.

s
Reply With Quote
The Following 12 Users Say Thank You to scapa For This Useful Post:
  #20  
Old 02-21-2011, 11:56 PM
lillys lillys is offline
Banned
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Posts: 479
Quote:
Originally Posted by Velouria View Post
Exactly.

It's not about YOU Billie Jean. It's about Hailey.

Her attitude would make me want to search that much harder, although I must say I don't blame the searchers for being disgusted by her attitude. BD's not lifting a finger to find her child.
I've followed a lot of cases and different things have made me mad but this tops the cake.
To all the searchers, Thank God for your dedication and time looking for Hailey.

Now, I honestly can't say what I feel.
SO I will thank VEL for her 2 sentences that sum things up for me.

"It's not about you Billie Jean."
"It's about Hailey."
Reply With Quote
  #21  
Old 02-22-2011, 12:10 AM
Tugela Tugela is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Posts: 1,875
Quote:
Originally Posted by katydid23 View Post
That is not what I got from it. She said it was because the searchers were shown searching 'the dirty fields and dirty creeks' and it implied a dead body, so she was upset. She wants not to be associated with them because she wants them to be looking for a LIVE Hailey, in her words.
The crew member wanted to turn it off because Billie was upset, not because the video made her a target in any way.

And we heard from Billie herself what the problem was. She said NOTHING about the video making her a target. She said it was because the video showed them searching for a dead body and because this group 'thinks Shawn did something horrible to Hailey" and she thinks their goal is to prove that to her.

ETA= this is not the only reason they would want to give up their searching. It is probably just the straw that breaks the camels back.
She has NEVER been gracious towards them. And she has NEVER been thankful nor helpful in any way. So why would they want to keep looking for her child. Some of them have looked EVERY DAY FOR 8 WEEKS.
Well, let me cite the report again:

Quote:
Dunn says she knows that "Hailey's Angels" maintain Hailey's bridge in Dunn, Texas everyday, but says the feeling she got at the appreciation dinner made her uneasy.

"They are hoping that Shawn [Adkins] did something horrible to Hailey," said Dunn, "and that they're going to prove it, and prove it to me."
So, that seems pretty clear to me that she felt they were targeting her.
Reply With Quote
The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Tugela For This Useful Post:
  #22  
Old 02-22-2011, 12:15 AM
dog.gone.cute's Avatar
dog.gone.cute dog.gone.cute is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: New Orleans
Posts: 7,368
To Billie,

Instead of complaining about the searches and searchers ...

Just get off of your couch, go down to police headquarters, and tell them the TRUTH ...

It's just that simple !
Reply With Quote
  #23  
Old 02-22-2011, 12:24 AM
yosande's Avatar
yosande yosande is offline
...
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Pacific Northwest
Posts: 2,909
Quote:
Originally Posted by WillenFan21 View Post
(SNIPPED)

Freda Radcliff is one of "Hailey's Angels," a group of six who organized a volunteer appreciation dinner this weekend for search crews combing through the fields for the missing Colorado City teen.

"We weren't appreciated for what we tried to do for them," said Radcliff.

Radcliff says there's only one way to describe it.

"A big fiasco," she said.

The culprit, a video created by "Hailey's Angels" that chronicled search efforts from the 13-year old's disappearance to now.

"They showed me, Clint, our family, little kids who were there, video of where they go to search in these ugly fields and these ugly creeks for our baby," said Billie Dunn, Hailey's mother.

Hailey's mother says for her, the hour-long video tribute stirred some negative emotions. She did not like how her daughter's story was presented.

"We're hoping to find Hailey alive," Dunn said, "that's what we want, we don't want to be associated with that."

Volunteers say a search crew member trained by one national agency asked "Hailey's Angels" to turn off the video halfway through.

more quotes from billie here: http://bigcountryhomepage.com/fulltext/?nxd_id=344756


If the video is cronicled, then perhaps one can look to see where BD became upset.
Maybe they were closer than they thought to Hailey.
The lie detector shows that they know where she is, imo oc, so her getting upset is a good sign that somebody got too close.

I would say to Hailey's Angels to go back through the video and find the areas that upset BD the most, and go back and search again, please.
moo
__________________
My Opinion Only..MOO
Reply With Quote
  #24  
Old 02-22-2011, 12:25 AM
Pondering Mind's Avatar
Pondering Mind Pondering Mind is offline
here a ponder, there a ponder...everywhere a ponder = ADD
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Over The Hills And Through The Woods..on the corner,S.C..
Posts: 5,531
Quote:
Originally Posted by scapa View Post
I'm a little baffled by the video (as described in the article) too, and although I have great respect for this group's labours, I suspect it may have indeed been provocative, given SA's status as a suspect and how BD herself may be viewed by fellow townspeople at this point.

That said, I agree with posters above that, as per usual, BD's comments are surreally inappropriate to the occasion. Ugly rivers and fields? Where does she think her daughter is likely to be found? Hiding in a sparkling Dallas show loft? Tucked away on a yacht? Disappearance, possible abduction and murder -- it's ugly, ugly and dirty. I too hope this crew keeps up their efforts, but part of me feels they're well out of it.

This case is beginning to enrage me. It used to just bemuse me, but not anymore.

s
I agree with you..They may have their own opinions and maybe even voiced that opinion somehow that Billie didn't like. I don't know that anything like that happened of course..just saying IF something like that did..Shawn IS a suspect in this case whether Billie likes it or not and it just galls me that she can't put him aside for a minute when someone...ANYONE is searching for her daughter. SO many people would give their right arm for volunteers to search for a loved one and Billie Dunn insults them..go figure..

I do have to say though that the statement the searcher made about their 'search efforts being unappreciated' could have been left unsaid IMO. If you're a kind, selfless and able soul willing to search..then search. It should be appreciated , but don't let that be the reason you do any good deed...
__________________
~"Be kinder than necessary, everyone is fighting some kind of battle"~
Reply With Quote
  #25  
Old 02-22-2011, 12:26 AM
yosande's Avatar
yosande yosande is offline
...
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Pacific Northwest
Posts: 2,909
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tugela View Post
Well, let me cite the report again:



So, that seems pretty clear to me that she felt they were targeting her.
She thinks they are targeting Shawn, which is the same as targeting her. moo
__________________
My Opinion Only..MOO
Reply With Quote
The Following 18 Users Say Thank You to yosande For This Useful Post:
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
2011.02.21: HPD Press Conference, 3pm Feb 21, 2011 WhyaDuck? Zahra Clare Baker 61 02-21-2011 10:48 PM
2011.02.11- Levi Page covers Hailey's case WillenFan21 Hailey Dunn 25 02-14-2011 07:14 PM


© Copyright Websleuths 1999-2012 New To Site? Need Help?
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.1
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
All times are GMT -4. The time now is 02:57 PM.

Advertisements

Pre-Order Imperfect Justice: Prosecuting Casey Anthony today!