Websleuths
Go Back   Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community > Crimes and Trials > Trials > Nancy Cooper

Notices

Nancy Cooper Found murdered after being reported missing while on a morning jog

Closed Thread

Old 03-17-2011, 07:45 AM

State v Bradley Cooper 3-17-2011

Starting new thread for 3-17. St. Patrick's Day
The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to CyberPro For This Useful Post:
Old 03-17-2011, 08:27 AM
Banned

I'm planning to attend today...will update later.
The Following 18 Users Say Thank You to SleuthyGal For This Useful Post:
Old 03-17-2011, 08:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SleuthyGal View Post
I'm planning to attend today...will update later.
Great! Thanks for doing this SleuthyGal.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to caryresident For This Useful Post:
Old 03-17-2011, 09:18 AM

Good Morning and

and allow me to introduce myself. I have watched every episode of Law & Order and many of the Law & Order UK and I think most of L&O LA before it was cancelled. I don't watch Harry's Law because it's so dumb. So when I make a comment, you can be sure I know of which I speak. <sarcasm tag OFF>

Wilton is halfway between Creedmoor and Franklinton and the day dawns with the promise of being blessed with most a most appropriate climate.

I am aghast at the dearth of information that came forward as a result of whole day's blacked-out testimony. Golly, this thing is crawling along.

I shall make periodic snarky comments regarding the prosecution team, the defense team, the witnesses and of course, Judge Hearsay. I look forward to your pithy comments as I expect at least a morning's worth of blacked-out cross.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to JiminWilton For This Useful Post:
Old 03-17-2011, 09:27 AM

Probably silly question, but is the assumption that the UC officer(s) were not working undercover investigating this specific case, but do at times work undercover? [ Therefore, the identity (photo) is not allowed to be broadcast... ]

I guess there's no worry (or the court/LT consider it acceptable risk) about someone just walking into the courtroom to find out the identities of the UC agents?
Old 03-17-2011, 09:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jumpstreet View Post
Probably silly question, but is the assumption that the UC officer(s) were not working undercover investigating this specific case, but do at times work undercover? [ Therefore, the identity (photo) is not allowed to be broadcast... ]

I guess there's no worry (or the court/LT consider it acceptable risk) about someone just walking into the courtroom to find out the identities of the UC agents?
Maybe he wasnt undercover back when Nancy went missing. jmo
The Following User Says Thank You to luckyme For This Useful Post:
Old 03-17-2011, 09:31 AM

I did not find a link today on wral.
As I received information, and relayed it to the defendant after her arrest, she continued to claim ignorance and at times, laughed at the situation. She still failed to show any outward signs of remorse or concern for her missing two year old daughter.
--Yuri Melich, arrest warrant, July 16, 2008
The Following User Says Thank You to Star12 For This Useful Post:
Old 03-17-2011, 09:37 AM

nothing from amanda lamb either.

wral WRAL NEWS in NC
The Brad #CooperTrial resumes at 9:30 a.m. WRAL is not allowed to show the undercover officer's testimony, but we will tweet what he says.
3 minutes ago Favorite Retweet Reply
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Cheyenne130 For This Useful Post:

Quote:
Originally Posted by JiminWilton View Post
and allow me to introduce myself. I have watched every episode of Law & Order and many of the Law & Order UK and I think most of L&O LA before it was cancelled. I don't watch Harry's Law because it's so dumb. So when I make a comment, you can be sure I know of which I speak. <sarcasm tag OFF>

Wilton is halfway between Creedmoor and Franklinton and the day dawns with the promise of being blessed with most a most appropriate climate.

I am aghast at the dearth of information that came forward as a result of whole day's blacked-out testimony. Golly, this thing is crawling along.

I shall make periodic snarky comments regarding the prosecution team, the defense team, the witnesses and of course, Judge Hearsay. I look forward to your pithy comments as I expect at least a morning's worth of blacked-out cross.
Top of the morning to you! (seeing it's Paddy's day and all!) Welcome to WS.
Hopefully there wont be a black-out today and we can get back to hearing the evidence. It's been slow as a lot of what has come out so far has been general knowledge and in my opinion it will not veer too far off course for the rest of the trial either.
Old 03-17-2011, 09:41 AM

Site says coverage will continue once undercover cop's testimony is completed
As I received information, and relayed it to the defendant after her arrest, she continued to claim ignorance and at times, laughed at the situation. She still failed to show any outward signs of remorse or concern for her missing two year old daughter.
--Yuri Melich, arrest warrant, July 16, 2008
The Following User Says Thank You to Star12 For This Useful Post:
Old 03-17-2011, 09:56 AM

Wink

Quote:

So, would you say that BC is guilty of depraved indifference?
Old 03-17-2011, 09:56 AM

After promising to let us know what is being said in the courtroom, we are getting nothing! I wish they would get someone else in the courtroom who would give us a better play-by-play.
Old 03-17-2011, 09:58 AM

Starting new thread for 3-17. St. Patrick's Day

And Happy St. Patrick's Day to you all! I'm not new to this forum, however this is my first post. I am enjoying the sanity and thoughtfulness/insight of your posts. I have two issues that I hope someone can help me with. Firstly, does anybody know what the makeup of the jury is? Male vs female, white vs other? During the trial proceedings that have been made available for watching thus far, I am not happy with what appears (or comes across as) a lack of organization with the prosecution team. They are not quick, there has been what seems like a lot of dead air in their questioning, stalling, dragging through the questioning, etc. Another issue I have so far is that they do not seem to be hammering home the major points they are making....and I'm afraid a lot of it is being lost on the jury. I can't help but compare this prosecution team to the guys who prosecuted Raymond Cook--they were on top of their game and their questions were almost in a stacatto fashion--bam, bam, bam. No stalling, no dead air, no beginning a question, pause, and finishing, etc.
Secondly, with respect to the tracking dog--has anybody read or heard that the dog tracked inside the house to the garage or if Brad's vehicle was tracked/checked? If Brad did in fact pull his or her vehicle into the garage to remove her body it seems that the dog would have tracked from inside the house into the garage area, and to the vehicle that was used, if this is what actually happened.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to NCEast For This Useful Post:
Old 03-17-2011, 09:58 AM
Anglophile & registered demwit

Unhappy Welcome and Top o' the Mornin' To Ya!!!

Quote:

Welcome, indeed, Mr. Pithy (read my lipz) - Glad to have someone so full of pith & vinegar so early in the a.m. And yes, it's dragging, but I'm afraid we ain't seen nuttin' yet compared to when the Def Leops get their shot....

And being so close to the courtroom via the link, but so far away with the blackout, everyone is up to here with frustration & curiosity, etc., etc.

Still don't see why there can't be an audio feed w/o the video.

Anyway, jump on in, the water's fine. http://www.websleuths.com/forums/ima...ons/icon10.gif

All posts, unless attributed, are "just my humble opinion," and they are to remain here in Websleuths and are not to be used elsewhere. Thank you.

This blessed plot, this earth, this realm, this England.
William Shakespeare, King Richard II

The Angel of the Waters, Bethesda Terrace, Central Park, New York City
The Following User Says Thank You to borndem For This Useful Post:
Old 03-17-2011, 10:02 AM

Jury is comprised of 10 females and 2 males.
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to gorealtors For This Useful Post:
Old 03-17-2011, 10:02 AM
Justice For The Fisher's

Follow trial on Twitter

http://twitter.com/#!/alamb
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Just the Fax For This Useful Post:
Old 03-17-2011, 10:06 AM

Twitter seems to still be having problems today. Are they saying anything?
Old 03-17-2011, 10:06 AM

Well at least we know that the cross has begun but so far no info about what is being asked/answered.
Old 03-17-2011, 10:07 AM

Cooper trial back in session. Undercover Cary detective being cross-examined. #coopertrial
6 minutes ago via txt
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to hotpinkstef For This Useful Post:
Old 03-17-2011, 10:12 AM

I bet its gonna be a lengthy cross.
Old 03-17-2011, 10:13 AM
Justice For The Fisher's

The #coopertrial tweet seem to be down.....should be able to open Amanda Lamb I posted above.
The Following User Says Thank You to Just the Fax For This Useful Post:
Old 03-17-2011, 10:17 AM

I really wish the court watcher or watchers would give us some crumbs. Even if it doesn't seem significant, I would like to know what the defense is hitting. I'm glad SG is there today so at least we will get a good update this evening.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Cheyenne130 For This Useful Post:
Old 03-17-2011, 10:17 AM
Justice For The Fisher's

Detective says he believes things missing from Cooper front hall indicate a struggle took place there. #coopertrial
The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Just the Fax For This Useful Post:
Old 03-17-2011, 10:26 AM

With all my doc appts., and surgery on Monday, this is my dream connection to the BC trial.

Oh, and things will liven up w/the trial once they get past this boring beginning. I know this!

My favorite thing is watching people's reactions (such as Brad's, certain people in the gallery, lawyers, etc.). I wish we had that sort of Court TV thing going on.

I LOOOOVE to observe people. So telling!
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to per_curiam For This Useful Post:
Closed Thread