Websleuths
Go Back   Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community > Crimes and Trials > Trials > Nancy Cooper

Notices

Nancy Cooper Found murdered after being reported missing while on a morning jog


Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #476  
Old 03-17-2011, 11:57 PM
otto otto is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Posts: 19,231
Quote:
Originally Posted by borndem View Post
Good get -- my "young and only one" is 28 now (years, not months!), so it's been a while since I've had to think like that....As dedicated to her babies as NC was said to be (and the pictures surely say that to me!), I just don't see her leaving cleaning stuff out like that. This would probably have put her into orbit. And when would she have done that?? And JA (I think it was) said that their house was always picked up and orderly -- except for the toys, and even those got put away frequently. I remember she said she was quite surprised at the look of the house that day...
The painting friend also said that Nancy needed help to organize, so I don't think the house was all that orderly.
The Following User Says Thank You to otto For This Useful Post:
  #477  
Old 03-17-2011, 11:58 PM
Albert Albert is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Posts: 408
Back to the blackberry pearl one last time for me. It seems that 10 consecutive failed attempts at unlocking will result in data being wiped, not sure where 20 attempts is coming from. Could BC has entered 9 consecutive failures before the device was secured by LE. If the LEO even attempted to enter 1 password without knowledge of the password then this is a very serious concern to me. I am interested in hearing this testimony, hopefully JA Young is also not UC. Also, as a citizen of Cary, if the LEO screwed this up then I would wonder why he is still employed.
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Albert For This Useful Post:
  #478  
Old 03-18-2011, 12:04 AM
otto otto is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Posts: 19,231
Quote:
Originally Posted by Albert View Post
Back to the blackberry pearl one last time for me. It seems that 10 consecutive failed attempts at unlocking will result in data being wiped, not sure where 20 attempts is coming from. Could BC has entered 9 consecutive failures before the device was secured by LE. If the LEO even attempted to enter 1 password without knowledge of the password then this is a very serious concern to me. I am interested in hearing this testimony, hopefully JA Young is also not UC. Also, as a citizen of Cary, if the LEO screwed this up then I would wonder why he is still employed.
I did a contract recently where the co. gave me a blackberry. I was constantly screwing up the password. Each time I set it aside to deal with later, the number of password entry times was reset. That is, the blackberry forgot about my previous attempts. I think all those tries have to be one after the other.
The Following User Says Thank You to otto For This Useful Post:
  #479  
Old 03-18-2011, 12:05 AM
CyberPro CyberPro is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Cary, NC
Posts: 550
Garage

OK, The pictures of the garage are taken at a bit of an angle, and the lense tends to make things closer to the camera look a bit larger than they are, but I have a fairly good feeling about this measurement.

The small door near the top right of the picture looks to be a standard door. Those are usually about 3' 6". Using that as a scale against that wall means that the next 3' would put you a little to the right of center in that brown board that is propped against the wall. The next 3' would place you a little to the right of the step ladder. Next 3' you are just to the right of the electrical panel. Those panels are designed to fit between studs that are set 16" on center, which means the panel is a little less than 15" wide. It starts getting kind of hard to judge after that, but you can see the right side of a water heater in the next 3', and the heater is probably about 3' in diameter.

Adding this up, removing the Barbie car would have given him a little over 9' maybe closer to 10.

I just checked the specs on a new BMW and they are a tad over 14' long. Seeing as the garage is some over 21, he could have not completely cleaned one side of the garage and still gotten the car in there with room to spare. It would take a little room in the back to walk, etc.
The Following User Says Thank You to CyberPro For This Useful Post:
  #480  
Old 03-18-2011, 12:12 AM
FullDisclosure's Avatar
FullDisclosure FullDisclosure is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Posts: 561
Quote:
Originally Posted by ncsu95 View Post
something hard enough to break the skin (scratch, bite, whatever) would still be visible days later. I wonder if you could see his hands in the press conference where he spoke.
I'm not computer literate enough to bring the photo over (sorry), but in the photos provided by the defense to refute the neck scratches you can see his left hand very clearly. Both photos show the hand palmside down, but there is no bandaid and no evidence of a scratch or bite, at least on the back of his hand. It was the left hand reported to have the bandaid, IIRC.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to FullDisclosure For This Useful Post:
  #481  
Old 03-18-2011, 12:15 AM
ncsu95 ncsu95 is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Posts: 3,398
Quote:
Originally Posted by Albert View Post
Back to the blackberry pearl one last time for me. It seems that 10 consecutive failed attempts at unlocking will result in data being wiped, not sure where 20 attempts is coming from. Could BC has entered 9 consecutive failures before the device was secured by LE. If the LEO even attempted to enter 1 password without knowledge of the password then this is a very serious concern to me. I am interested in hearing this testimony, hopefully JA Young is also not UC. Also, as a citizen of Cary, if the LEO screwed this up then I would wonder why he is still employed.
The 20 came from the defense. They said 10 wipes out the data but that there is backup data on the BB. And it required 10 more attempts to wipe out the backup data for a total of 20. So JAY was in posession of it for at least the 2nd 10 and most likely the first 10. It also supposedly warns you that it is going to delete after the next failed attempt.
  #482  
Old 03-18-2011, 12:16 AM
otto otto is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Posts: 19,231
Quote:
Originally Posted by CyberPro View Post
OK, The pictures of the garage are taken at a bit of an angle, and the lense tends to make things closer to the camera look a bit larger than they are, but I have a fairly good feeling about this measurement.

The small door near the top right of the picture looks to be a standard door. Those are usually about 3' 6". Using that as a scale against that wall means that the next 3' would put you a little to the right of center in that brown board that is propped against the wall. The next 3' would place you a little to the right of the step ladder. Next 3' you are just to the right of the electrical panel. Those panels are designed to fit between studs that are set 16" on center, which means the panel is a little less than 15" wide. It starts getting kind of hard to judge after that, but you can see the right side of a water heater in the next 3', and the heater is probably about 3' in diameter.

Adding this up, removing the Barbie car would have given him a little over 9' maybe closer to 10.

I just checked the specs on a new BMW and they are a tad over 14' long. Seeing as the garage is some over 21, he could have not completely cleaned one side of the garage and still gotten the car in there with room to spare. It would take a little room in the back to walk, etc.
By my estimates, the door is 3' in width, and it is the door that exits to the side of the house. Judging from the wall on the left and going towards the overhead door, I'm estimating about 7 feet. That should leave about 15 feet for a car.


http://wwwcache.wral.com/asset/speci...c2-484x359.jpg
  #483  
Old 03-18-2011, 12:17 AM
CrimeAddict's Avatar
CrimeAddict CrimeAddict is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Garner, NC
Posts: 539
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cheyenne130 View Post
I'm thinking that something he saw on the computer (was it 10:30?) put him over the boiling point. They indicated that all the lights in the house were off when she was going home at midnight. He indicated that he was sleeping in the girls room. (I wondered about this. A big "Why?") My thought was that he heard the key in the door and came down and confronted her in the foyer. After that I have no ideas.
Cheyenne, I thought of this exact thing earlier. I think at 1030pm he was reading an email that pushed him towards hating her even more.. I think we will find out what that email had in it, the more I think about it the more I realize how super important this fact is. Reminds me of the Michael Peterson trial, eh?
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to CrimeAddict For This Useful Post:
  #484  
Old 03-18-2011, 12:18 AM
ncsu95 ncsu95 is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Posts: 3,398
Quote:
Originally Posted by ncsu95 View Post
The 20 came from the defense. They said 10 wipes out the data but that there is backup data on the BB. And it required 10 more attempts to wipe out the backup data for a total of 20. So JAY was in posession of it for at least the 2nd 10 and most likely the first 10. It also supposedly warns you that it is going to delete after the next failed attempt.
Excellent catch (if it is his left hand that had the bandaid)


  #485  
Old 03-18-2011, 12:22 AM
jilly's Avatar
jilly jilly is offline
Shhhhhh - Peppurr's sleeping
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Posts: 7,861
Quote:
Originally Posted by Toadlily View Post
Mine doesn't look too far off that. Though in my case there is usually at least one of my two cats lounging on it. I was embarrassed today as I forgot that there were going to be electricians in my place. I was going to make the bed but Dexter looked so cozy that I felt bad disturbing his slumber (poor dear needs all 23 hours of beauty sleep or else he gets cranky).

Then next thing I knew I had 2 electricians in my bedroom probably thinking that I'm a pig. (made worse by the fact that both cats got caught in the bedroom when the guys showed up so they burrowed under all the covers to hide. (just ignore the 2 cat shaped lumps under my messy bed covers)


I like that you named your cat Dexter!
The Following User Says Thank You to jilly For This Useful Post:
  #486  
Old 03-18-2011, 12:23 AM
otto otto is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Posts: 19,231
I think it's interesting that Nancy was having her rings turned into something else, and Brad was still wearing his ring. Nancy was sleeping in the master bedroom, and Brad had been put out of the bedroom.
  #487  
Old 03-18-2011, 12:35 AM
borndem's Avatar
borndem borndem is offline
Anglophile & registered demwit
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Raleigh NC
Posts: 6,093
Quote:
Originally Posted by Just the Fax View Post
I think he killed her in the foyer, as the cops suggest. Was he waiting at the door when she returned, or did he chase her down the stairs after a confrontation upstairs?
As I had said earlier, I think he may have been on her as soon as she got in the door. Probably after, as was said earlier, BC probably found something on the web (or maybe her phone) that put him over. He had had it. Either he immediately grabbed and killed her, or he confronted her & she was also looking for a fight -- and he won.
__________________


All posts, unless attributed, are "just my humble opinion," and they are to remain here in Websleuths and are not to be used elsewhere. Thank you.
_________________


This blessed plot, this earth, this realm, this England.
William Shakespeare, King Richard II



The Angel of the Waters, Bethesda Terrace, Central Park, New York City
  #488  
Old 03-18-2011, 12:40 AM
FullDisclosure's Avatar
FullDisclosure FullDisclosure is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Posts: 561
Quote:
Originally Posted by ncsu95 View Post
Excellent catch (if it is his left hand that had the bandaid)




Thanks! I double checked, and it was the left hand.

wral WRAL NEWS in NC
Undercover officer: "I noticed that Mr. Cooper had a band-aid on the middle finger of his left hand." #coopertrial
  #489  
Old 03-18-2011, 12:50 AM
DogWood DogWood is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Posts: 513
Quote:
Originally Posted by CyberPro View Post
OK, The pictures of the garage are taken at a bit of an angle, and the lense tends to make things closer to the camera look a bit larger than they are, but I have a fairly good feeling about this measurement.

The small door near the top right of the picture looks to be a standard door. Those are usually about 3' 6". Using that as a scale against that wall means that the next 3' would put you a little to the right of center in that brown board that is propped against the wall. The next 3' would place you a little to the right of the step ladder. Next 3' you are just to the right of the electrical panel. Those panels are designed to fit between studs that are set 16" on center, which means the panel is a little less than 15" wide. It starts getting kind of hard to judge after that, but you can see the right side of a water heater in the next 3', and the heater is probably about 3' in diameter.

Adding this up, removing the Barbie car would have given him a little over 9' maybe closer to 10.

I just checked the specs on a new BMW and they are a tad over 14' long. Seeing as the garage is some over 21, he could have not completely cleaned one side of the garage and still gotten the car in there with room to spare. It would take a little room in the back to walk, etc.
Based on the floorplans the garage is approx. 19'.4"W X 22'D.. Does that help at all?

Last edited by DogWood; 03-18-2011 at 12:56 AM.
  #490  
Old 03-18-2011, 01:02 AM
Maja's Avatar
Maja Maja is offline
Seeker of Truth
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: North Carolina
Posts: 680
Pedestrian Vehicle

Quote:
Originally Posted by JiminWilton View Post
From the tweet: Cary detective says any number of things could have been used to suffocate Nancy Cooper-pillow, sheet, clothing.

Can you actually strangle someone with a pillow? Strange choice of murder weapon. But then, I'm sure this detective has run across numerous cases of folks strangled with pillows.

I warned you I could be/would be snarky.

Too funny...yesterday the prosecution was interviewing the man who found NC's body and said the words "Pedestrian Vehicles" - what are those?
  #491  
Old 03-18-2011, 01:04 AM
Maja's Avatar
Maja Maja is offline
Seeker of Truth
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: North Carolina
Posts: 680
Will this be called a "crime of passion"? I believe so.
  #492  
Old 03-18-2011, 01:07 AM
Albert Albert is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Posts: 408
Quote:
Originally Posted by ncsu95 View Post
Thanks for the clarification. I would love to see the dimensions from the garage door to that table versus the length of the car. If it fit with the table there, it would be a very tight fit. So if he could get the car in, would he have enough space between the car and garage door to maneuver to put a body in? I guess he could try to put a body in from the side, but that wouldn't be easy.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maja View Post
Too funny...yesterday the prosecution was interviewing the man who found NC's body and said the words "Pedestrian Vehicles" - what are those?
A pedestrian vehicle is designed and manufactured for the use of the disabled. It must be less than 48 inches wide, have an engine displacement of less than 300cubic centimeters and less than 12 brake horsepower,and not be capable of exceeding 30 mph
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Albert For This Useful Post:
  #493  
Old 03-18-2011, 04:55 AM
otto otto is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Posts: 19,231
New Thread

State v Bradley Cooper 3-18-2011 - Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community
  #494  
Old 03-18-2011, 09:20 AM
Just the Fax's Avatar
Just the Fax Just the Fax is offline
Justice For The Fisher's
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Posts: 4,852
Quote:
Originally Posted by FullDisclosure View Post
Thanks! I double checked, and it was the left hand.

wral WRAL NEWS in NC
Undercover officer: "I noticed that Mr. Cooper had a band-aid on the middle finger of his left hand." #coopertrial
5 days later????

Come on. We know it wasn't a knife cut.
A superficial abrasion could have totally healed in 5 days.
The Following User Says Thank You to Just the Fax For This Useful Post:
  #495  
Old 03-18-2011, 09:27 AM
ncsu95 ncsu95 is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Posts: 3,398
Quote:
Originally Posted by Just the Fax View Post
5 days later????

Come on. We know it wasn't a knife cut.
A superficial abrasion could have totally healed in 5 days.
Again, all it shows is that he didn't have a significant enough injury on his hand that it was visible in those photos 5 days later. So it has to be a non-issue in this trial since the police didn't actually take pictures of it. I don't think it is reasonable to speculate on an injury where the only evidence is someone saying they saw a bandaid.
The Following User Says Thank You to ncsu95 For This Useful Post:
  #496  
Old 03-18-2011, 11:29 AM
RaleighNC's Avatar
RaleighNC RaleighNC is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: See above ^
Posts: 596
Quote:
Originally Posted by CyberPro View Post
I was SO tempted to spell it Bradley, but saw the other threads spelled Bradly, and thought they must know how to spell it...

Sorry!

That was me - I saw it somewhere in MSM that was spelled that way and apparently gave them too much credit (WRAL). Thought it was weird when I did it - but said "hey, they pay people to fact check and edit... so I'll go with that"

What was I thinking? Typing it made it sound even more ridiculous...
  #497  
Old 03-18-2011, 11:36 AM
Cheyenne130 Cheyenne130 is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Posts: 1,823
Quote:
Originally Posted by RaleighNC View Post
That was me - I saw it somewhere in MSM that was spelled that way and apparently gave them too much credit (WRAL). Thought it was weird when I did it - but said "hey, they pay people to fact check and edit... so I'll go with that"

What was I thinking? Typing it made it sound even more ridiculous...
On court documents it is spelled "Bradly". There is a "Bradley Cooper" but he's an actor.

Nevermind. I see that there is only one document spelling it without the "e".
  #498  
Old 03-18-2011, 11:52 AM
RaleighNC's Avatar
RaleighNC RaleighNC is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: See above ^
Posts: 596
Re - master bath and chemicals. I don't find the cleaning products sitting out intermingled with the beauty products to be odd at all. They are all too close to the edge for parents to leave things - cleaning chemicals or not - lotions and those "other" things would be just as dangerous to a toddler, etc.

The bed condition not being slept in? I also think that is a stretch. Even the statement about the screw gun being out downstairs is a stretch as the entire house was in a LOT of disarray - how can you really tell if anything is "odd" with clothes hanging everywhere, stuff packed / half packed, in baskets, hanging out of baskets, beds not made, etc.

If there was order in the house, it would be conceivable that you could make assumptions on these other things - but not, IMO, the way it was currently sitting.

Heck - I make my bed every morning - would someone say it didn't look slept in? or - even if I am changing the sheets that day, I pull the comforter up over the pillows...
The Following User Says Thank You to RaleighNC For This Useful Post:
  #499  
Old 03-18-2011, 11:52 AM
RaleighNC's Avatar
RaleighNC RaleighNC is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: See above ^
Posts: 596
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cheyenne130 View Post
On court documents it is spelled "Bradly". There is a "Bradley Cooper" but he's an actor.

Nevermind. I see that there is only one document spelling it without the "e".
Well - at least you found the same one I did - so I am not nuts!
Closed Thread

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
State v. Bradley Cooper 03/16/11 less0305 Nancy Cooper 413 03-17-2011 10:31 AM
State v. Bradley Cooper - 3-15-2011 (after Lunch) - 3.? CyberPro Nancy Cooper 222 03-16-2011 10:13 AM
State v Bradley Cooper 3.14 .2011 - 3.?.?? otto Nancy Cooper 521 03-15-2011 01:56 PM
State v Bradley Cooper 3.11.2011 RaleighNC Nancy Cooper 186 03-14-2011 08:29 PM
State v Bradley Cooper 3.10.2011 RaleighNC Nancy Cooper 175 03-12-2011 11:04 AM


© Copyright Websleuths 1999-2012 New To Site? Need Help?
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.1
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
All times are GMT -4. The time now is 05:57 AM.

Advertisements

Pre-Order Imperfect Justice: Prosecuting Casey Anthony today!