Websleuths
Go Back   Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community > Crimes and Trials > Trials > Nancy Cooper

Notices

Nancy Cooper Found murdered after being reported missing while on a morning jog


Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #701  
Old 03-20-2011, 10:33 PM
jilly's Avatar
jilly jilly is offline
Shhhhhh - Peppurr's sleeping
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Posts: 7,858
Quote:
Originally Posted by otto View Post
I think it would have been a legal nightmare if she took the children away for vacation and didn't return, but given the fact that she was facing expulsion from the country and leaving her children behind, I think the Canadian legal system would have kicked in and helped resolve it in her favor.
I'm not so sure. I don't know whether she would have had enough grounds. The Canadian Court could have very well told her to go back to NC and sort it out there.
  #702  
Old 03-20-2011, 10:36 PM
sunshine05 sunshine05 is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Wake Forest, NC
Posts: 1,318
Quote:
Originally Posted by jilly View Post
I'm not so sure. I don't know whether she would have had enough grounds. The Court in Calgary could have very well told her to go back to NC and sort it out there.
I don't think her immigration status was much of an issue, considering that we currently have millions of illegal aliens from Mexico living here and they are not deported unless they get arrested for a crime, and even then they usually don't deport them.
  #703  
Old 03-20-2011, 10:37 PM
jmflu's Avatar
jmflu jmflu is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Cary, NC
Posts: 1,404
I'm thinking about going to the trial on Tuesday, SG. Couple of questions: is the courtroom packed? Will they let you in if you come after they have started? Can I use my iPad? Is it normal to see people taking notes? TIA
  #704  
Old 03-20-2011, 10:40 PM
jmflu's Avatar
jmflu jmflu is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Cary, NC
Posts: 1,404
Quote:
Originally Posted by sunshine05 View Post
So you think they had enough evidence to put him in jail *before* the custody dep.?

If so, they clearly baited him.
I don't know if they had it before. But clearly they had reason for caution.
  #705  
Old 03-20-2011, 10:43 PM
lunarmodule lunarmodule is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Posts: 54
Quote:
Originally Posted by SleuthyGal View Post
Nancy herself was not in touch with Interact, but a friend who was very familiar with Interact's services and the signs of domestic violence was aware of the escalating tension and the weird list that Brad had written, and she spoke to Nancy about her situation when they had lunch on Fri 7/11/08. By the next morning Nancy had been murdered. This friend testified at the custody hearing in 2008.
Sorry, my mind is blanking...what weird list that Brad wrote?
  #706  
Old 03-20-2011, 10:43 PM
SleuthyGal SleuthyGal is offline
Banned
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: NC
Posts: 4,079
Quote:
Originally Posted by jmflu View Post
I'm thinking about going to the trial on Tuesday, SG. Couple of questions: is the courtroom packed? Will they let you in if you come after they have started? Can I use my iPad? Is it normal to see people taking notes? TIA
The courtroom was packed the first time I went (opening) but it was not full the day I went last week. Yes you can go in after they have started. I think you can use an iPad. You cannot use a cell phone or allow anything to ring or make any noise, so be aware of that. Note taking is fine, though I haven't seen many people do it.
  #707  
Old 03-20-2011, 10:46 PM
jmflu's Avatar
jmflu jmflu is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Cary, NC
Posts: 1,404
Quote:
Originally Posted by SleuthyGal View Post
The courtroom was packed the first time I went (opening) but it was not full the day I went last week. Yes you can go in after they have started. I think you can use an iPad. You cannot use a cell phone or allow anything to ring or make any noise, so be aware of that. Note taking is fine, though I haven't seen many people do it.
I would be so embarrassed if anything on my person rang or made noise, that is a no-no! I'm assuming you made notes, tho?
  #708  
Old 03-20-2011, 10:46 PM
SleuthyGal SleuthyGal is offline
Banned
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: NC
Posts: 4,079
Oh and since you know Kurtz (heh) could you please get the password to their wifi signal for me? I don't have a 3G device and really need to 'borrow' their Wifi the next time I go... pls thx.
  #709  
Old 03-20-2011, 10:49 PM
jmflu's Avatar
jmflu jmflu is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Cary, NC
Posts: 1,404
Quote:
Originally Posted by SleuthyGal View Post
Oh and since you know Kurtz (heh) could you please get the password to their wifi signal for me? I don't have a 3G device and really need to 'borrow' their Wifi the next time I go... pls thx.
You know, I'm just brazen enough to send him an email and ask...
  #710  
Old 03-20-2011, 10:49 PM
SleuthyGal SleuthyGal is offline
Banned
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: NC
Posts: 4,079
Quote:
Originally Posted by jmflu View Post
I would be so embarrassed if anything on my person rang or made noise, that is a no-no! I'm assuming you made notes, tho?
I actually didn't take any notes. I forgot to bring paper, and my netbook battery was completely dead and I wasn't near a power outlet (plus you're not allowed to type on something that makes a clicking noise). I was able to remember most of what I observed.
  #711  
Old 03-20-2011, 10:50 PM
SleuthyGal SleuthyGal is offline
Banned
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: NC
Posts: 4,079
Quote:
Originally Posted by jmflu View Post
You know, I'm just brazen enough to send him an email and ask...
Heh! I really think that's an in-person request. I think the reaction on his face to such a question would be part of the overall 'experience.'
The Following User Says Thank You to SleuthyGal For This Useful Post:
  #712  
Old 03-20-2011, 11:17 PM
Cheyenne130 Cheyenne130 is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Posts: 1,823
Quote:
Originally Posted by lunarmodule View Post
Sorry, my mind is blanking...what weird list that Brad wrote?
If you go up to the sticky with Legal Documents in this forum, scroll down to post #7. There is a link to the affadavits of Nancy's friends. Go to that link and scroll down to page 16 of the pdf document. That is the affadavit of Heather Prichard. She talks about the notes and list that Brad made for himself.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Cheyenne130 For This Useful Post:
  #713  
Old 03-20-2011, 11:34 PM
CrimeAddict's Avatar
CrimeAddict CrimeAddict is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Garner, NC
Posts: 539
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cheyenne130 View Post
If you go up to the sticky with Legal Documents in this forum, scroll down to post #7. There is a link to the affadavits of Nancy's friends. Go to that link and scroll down to page 16 of the pdf document. That is the affadavit of Heather Prichard. She talks about the notes and list that Brad made for himself.
It's really freaky reading about how they all said she didn't have enough money to take care of the kids when she told people he gave her $300 per week. I believe she told her friends that but still makes me believe she was using this money for pedicures, lunches, etc..and not using it for what she should be using it for.. just sounds like they were on a realistic budget. But reading all these affidavits really makes me feel bad for Nancy... mixed feelings I suppose.
I know we have all discussed this numerous times.. lol
The Following User Says Thank You to CrimeAddict For This Useful Post:
  #714  
Old 03-20-2011, 11:39 PM
ncsu95 ncsu95 is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Posts: 3,398
Quote:
Originally Posted by Albert View Post
Both my wife and myself have very busy schedules and not uncommon for us to have events scheduled for the same day. We always remind each other, "Don't forget that I am doing X at Y time" When NC *went* running that morning why did BC not remind NC of the tennis event?
How do you know he didn't?
  #715  
Old 03-20-2011, 11:49 PM
Maja's Avatar
Maja Maja is offline
Seeker of Truth
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: North Carolina
Posts: 680
HP Affidavit - Reference BC's List.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg HP Affidavit.jpg (28.4 KB, 24 views)
The Following User Says Thank You to Maja For This Useful Post:
  #716  
Old 03-20-2011, 11:51 PM
Albert Albert is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Posts: 408
Quote:
Originally Posted by ncsu95 View Post
How do you know he didn't?
You are correct, however I only know that it has not been mentioned during the deposition or any testimony so far.
  #717  
Old 03-20-2011, 11:56 PM
NCB's Avatar
NCB NCB is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Charlotte, NC
Posts: 551
So, is it fine to use my BlackBerry for #coopertrial tweets--provided I have everything on mute? I have an iPad, but it isn't 3G, so I guess it will be worthless inside the courtroom apart from note taking/questions to ask later, etc...

Do we have something similar to a round robin club of trial observers? It would be great to share some "local color" in addition to the WRAL feeds on normal days, but especially on the "dark" days (from the home viewer perspective, anyway), when the undercover officers offer testimony. Those blackout days were tough--thank goodness for Sleuthy Gal--you rock!!
The Following User Says Thank You to NCB For This Useful Post:
  #718  
Old 03-21-2011, 12:31 AM
ncsu95 ncsu95 is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Posts: 3,398
Quote:
Originally Posted by Albert View Post
You are correct, however I only know that it has not been mentioned during the deposition or any testimony so far.
I agree with that, but very little of what was said between them is in a deposition. Lots of what was said by her to her friends is though.
  #719  
Old 03-21-2011, 12:47 AM
jilly's Avatar
jilly jilly is offline
Shhhhhh - Peppurr's sleeping
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Posts: 7,858
Quote:
Originally Posted by sunshine05 View Post
I was just listening to the custody deposition. It was the equivalent of having him on the stand for a murder trial. I am surprised at the questioning when it was only supposed to be about whether he was fit to retain custody. So the prosecutors have 7 hours of interview to use for their case and it's doubtful they ever planned to let him keep the kids. They used the custody to get him to talk. Then they indicted him a couple weeks later. I wonder how much contact the prosecutors had with Alice Stubbs. She *was* the prosecutor in a sense, not a divorce attorney.
That's the way it goes. In the custody hearing for Jason Young he refused to give a depo.
  #720  
Old 03-21-2011, 08:25 AM
Cheyenne130 Cheyenne130 is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Posts: 1,823
Quote:
Originally Posted by CrimeAddict View Post
It's really freaky reading about how they all said she didn't have enough money to take care of the kids when she told people he gave her $300 per week. I believe she told her friends that but still makes me believe she was using this money for pedicures, lunches, etc..and not using it for what she should be using it for.. just sounds like they were on a realistic budget. But reading all these affidavits really makes me feel bad for Nancy... mixed feelings I suppose.
I know we have all discussed this numerous times.. lol
I don't know that anyone has said that it was $300 except Kurtz. I know one friend said $80. I would suspect that the amount may have been different in different weeks depending on how many bills were due and how much he had.
  #721  
Old 03-21-2011, 09:09 AM
SleuthyGal SleuthyGal is offline
Banned
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: NC
Posts: 4,079
It's really freaky how Nancy was livid about Brad's controlling behavior and then turned up murdered the very next morning when things had gotten to a boiling point between them. I mean talk about the worst luck Brad has, that someone else just happened to murder the woman he despised. What an amazing coinky-dink!
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to SleuthyGal For This Useful Post:
  #722  
Old 03-21-2011, 09:18 AM
CrimeAddict's Avatar
CrimeAddict CrimeAddict is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Garner, NC
Posts: 539
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cheyenne130 View Post
I don't know that anyone has said that it was $300 except Kurtz. I know one friend said $80. I would suspect that the amount may have been different in different weeks depending on how many bills were due and how much he had.
hmm wow, thanks for letting me know. I think I have heard $300 so many times now I have taken it as fact. So I guess we don't know and maybe never will know how much he was giving her and if it just wasn't a realistic amount to take care of groceries and the girls and she really felt tortured, besides ATM withdrawels (assuming he gave it all to her when he withdrew) I guess there is no way of knowing.
  #723  
Old 03-21-2011, 09:18 AM
less0305's Avatar
less0305 less0305 is offline
The face is familiar, but I can't quite remember my name!
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Location: North Carolina
Posts: 4,245
Quote:
Originally Posted by SleuthyGal View Post
It's really freaky how Nancy was livid about Brad's controlling behavior and then turned up murdered the very next morning when things had gotten to a boiling point between them. I mean talk about the worst luck Brad has, that someone else just happened to murder the woman he despised. What an amazing coinky-dink!
He's almost as unlucky as Scott Peterson. Imagine saying your wife is dead at Christmas and lo and behold she ends up being murdered shortly after. What are the odds??
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to less0305 For This Useful Post:
  #724  
Old 03-21-2011, 09:19 AM
otto otto is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Posts: 19,229
New Thread

State v Bradley Cooper 3-21-2011 - Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community
  #725  
Old 03-21-2011, 10:56 AM
Maja's Avatar
Maja Maja is offline
Seeker of Truth
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: North Carolina
Posts: 680
Quote:
Originally Posted by otto View Post
Is it true that the medical exmaner, Dr Butt, didn't complete a sexual assault examination? A woman was found on the side of the road in a new development. She disappeared 2 days earlier while out for a run. Why wasn't this test done? Were there too many bugs?
I recall he did administer the rape kit. Recall the bag shown to him as exhibit/evidence last week. Am I mistaken?
Closed Thread

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
State v Bradley Cooper 3-17-2011 CyberPro Nancy Cooper 498 03-18-2011 11:52 AM
State v. Bradley Cooper - 3-15-2011 (after Lunch) - 3.? CyberPro Nancy Cooper 222 03-16-2011 10:13 AM
State v Bradley Cooper 3.14 .2011 - 3.?.?? otto Nancy Cooper 521 03-15-2011 01:56 PM
State v Bradley Cooper 3.11.2011 RaleighNC Nancy Cooper 186 03-14-2011 08:29 PM
State v Bradley Cooper 3.10.2011 RaleighNC Nancy Cooper 175 03-12-2011 11:04 AM


© Copyright Websleuths 1999-2012 New To Site? Need Help?
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.1
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
All times are GMT -4. The time now is 03:06 AM.

Advertisements

Pre-Order Imperfect Justice: Prosecuting Casey Anthony today!