The Doe Network:
Hot Case 1452 http://www.doenetwork.org/cases/1616umfl.html
NamUs UP Case 745 https://identifyus.org/cases/745
Unidentified White Male
* The victim was discovered on November 28, 1999 in Jacksonville, Duval County, Florida
* State of Remains: Partial Skeleton
* An intraoral gunshot wound is present in the cranium
* Estimated age: 22-48 years old
* Approximate Height and Weight: 5'9".
* Distinguishing Characteristics: Fracturing of the cranium is consistent with an intraoral gunshot wound; a sternal foramen is present, located 10 cm from the manubriosternal junction.
* Clothing: Green shorts; shirt remnant; sandals.
* Fingerprints: Not available
* Dentals: Sliver amalgam restoration on #3, 18, 19, 30, 31; postmortem dental radiographs are available.
* DNA: Available - University of North Texas.
The victim was discovered adjacent to a small clearing in a wooded area at 10014 Atlantic Boulevard in Jacksonville, Florida on November 28, 1999.
Remains were discovered by two transients who had entered the woods to smoke; they noticed the remains after moving some old tires to sit on.
Found in association with the remains were two live shotgun shells, one spent shell, and a zip-gun constructed of PVC piping. Embedded in the dirt against the maxilla was a piece of plastic which appeared to be shotgun shell wadding.