Websleuths
Go Back   Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community > Crimes and Trials > Currently Awaiting Trial

Notices

Currently Awaiting Trial Where the suspects are in jail, awaiting the start of the trial

Old 03-10-2012, 07:17 PM

If you want me to invite you send me a message to my mailbox here, with the email address you want to use....you can also use the facebook address from the justice for juillete page on facebook! :
Becky in MS
The Following User Says Thank You to SpinalMalady For This Useful Post:
Old 03-10-2012, 07:28 PM

The 8 minute video piece is really well done - but I would like to see the final screen tell people in very clear language how to write to protest. You're kind of left at the end of the video saying now wait, where was that? Who could I write?
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to JeannaT For This Useful Post:
Old 03-10-2012, 07:30 PM

Did I overstep my boundries by posting this video on Pinterest. I made a Board called Justice For Julliet Geurts.... I pinned the above video.... and made a plea for everyone else to re-pin it.... I can take other of her videos and pin them, OR I can remove the board...your call MsF!
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to SpinalMalady For This Useful Post:
Old 03-10-2012, 08:46 PM

sorry I can only get it to post as a link!!!

This is what I have put on Pinterest so far....MsF...if you want me to remove this board I am happy to do it!!! I do realize that I spelled Juliette's name wrong on the Board name, but I would have to delete the entire board and start over, I have spelled her name correctly in the individual posts...Let me know if you want me to keep this going or not!!

Becky

By the way if anyone is into Pinterest, I am Becky MiMi Gatian...I don't care if folks know!! Just sayin'!! I can get my students to jump on board too...they will do it, and spread it from there!! But if you want it down, I will delete the board. The second video I got from YouTube, and it had names and contact numbers. One of the problem with Pinterest is the description is now limited to 500 words. Maybe you should create a document that can be scanned into Adobe format, or HTML, or make a page on the Justice for Juliette Blog that has all the contact numbers listed. Also I would put AS many pictures as you can on the Justice for Juliette Blog, it only has a banner, and lots of info, but I couldn't grab any photos which would then link back to the blog for people to read. The whole idea of Pinterest is that when you click on the Picture or Video it takes you back to the ORIGINAL site, so there is no Piracy....so the more pictures that could link back to the original blogs, the better. I have stopped for now, just in case I was being OVERZEALOUS and over stepping my boundaries....so you tell me Ms.F if I need to carry on or delete the page...I will do whatever you wish!!
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to SpinalMalady For This Useful Post:
Old 03-10-2012, 08:53 PM

Grrrr....I can't seem to get it to post as a Picture!! Sorry guys!!

Last edited by SpinalMalady; 03-10-2012 at 08:54 PM. Reason: I'ma Dork!! It's official!! :-)
The Following User Says Thank You to SpinalMalady For This Useful Post:
Old 03-10-2012, 09:31 PM
Verified Attorney

I learned of this case via youtube but never followed it here. Does the mother have visitation? Does she have other children? Where is she? Where are the other two guys? The roommates?

What the heck is up with that city attorney? Is there any outrage over his comments that indicate this is just another dead baby case? What's wrong with that guy? Who was he talking to in that phone call? Why so apathetic? Why isn't he fired?

I feel that if and when he is gone from his post, there might be movement on this case. What is wrong with that man?

Last edited by gitana1; 03-10-2012 at 09:58 PM.
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to gitana1 For This Useful Post:
Old 03-11-2012, 12:39 AM
What a Kerfuffle...

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpinalMalady View Post
Did I overstep my boundries by posting this video on Pinterest. I made a Board called Justice For Julliet Geurts.... I pinned the above video.... and made a plea for everyone else to re-pin it.... I can take other of her videos and pin them, OR I can remove the board...your call MsF!
No, that is WONDERFUL. Thank you!
I am so relieved... it seems like I write a letter or make a phone call every day... This is something new!

You can take any of the pictures I have posted in these threads, you don't even have to save them if you don't want to, just use the link.
Right click and view image info... take the link and you can use it to post it somewhere if you want.

What I REALLY think is not pointed out enough
(as you may have noticed...) is that Juliette is the daughter of a soldier.
He fights for us, I will be d@mned if I'm going to stop fighting for his little girls.

There are lots of videos... This video has information in it, lots of pictures and also is to music. "Freedom isn't Free."

There is actually two links for it, if there is no preference, the first OneTrueMedia one is a better option.
It automatically updates if the video is edited. There is an embed code on the right when you click on the link, if it works for you?

http://www.onetruemedia.com/shared?p...edium=text_url

If not, here is the youtube one as well.

If it would help for the contact information to be added to the end of this video, that isn't a problem.

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to MsFacetious For This Useful Post:
Old 03-11-2012, 12:42 AM
What a Kerfuffle...

Quote:
Originally Posted by gitana1 View Post
I learned of this case via youtube but never followed it here. Does the mother have visitation? Does she have other children? Where is she? Where are the other two guys? The roommates?

What the heck is up with that city attorney? Is there any outrage over his comments that indicate this is just another dead baby case? What's wrong with that guy? Who was he talking to in that phone call? Why so apathetic? Why isn't he fired?

I feel that if and when he is gone from his post, there might be movement on this case. What is wrong with that man?
The mother doesn't have visitation with Juliette's twin, no.
She does have another younger daughter.
She moved out of the state and so did the two guys.
The guys live in Colorado last I heard, with the boyfriend being incarcerated there.

Mr. Dead babies was talking to Juliette's Auntie Monica... the same woman being interviewed about Juliette in the video.
Outrage?? I am outraged enough for all of us! But public outrage? I can't seem to find much of it.

I would THINK that would be something NANCY would be outraged about. So feel free to help me point it out to her.
I agree with you 100% about the guy. He should be gone. But he's not. I agree, there would probably be more progress if he was gone.

If you have ANY people you can think of
to contact about Juliette, please let me know and I will see if they have been contacted.
I try and write a letter or make a phone call every day about Juliette. There are only so many people though...

I can't believe there has been this much activity on Juliette's thread in the last little while. Thank you!
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to MsFacetious For This Useful Post:
Old 03-11-2012, 12:49 AM

Would it be legal to put a video with LE's comments? Wasn't there a video with him saying that?

Just a thought!

Coffey was convicted of the murder of 10 yr old Amanda Marie Ray, NC. He admitted to molesting 300 children.

Please write a letter on behalf of Amanda.

Suspect in the murders of:
5 yr old Neely Smith, NC
14 yr old Kathy Lynn Beatty, MD
8 yr old Travis Shane King, VA

Possibly connected to the disappearances of:
14 Yr old Tracy Anne King, PA
11 yr old Sheila and 13 yr old Katherine Lyons, MD
15 yr old Carolyn Majane, NJ

Write to:
Chairman Charles L. Mann Sr.
NC Post Release Supervision & Parole Commission
P.O. Box 29540
Raleigh, NC 27626-0540
RE: Fred Howard Coffey, DOC# 0081135
or send an email to parole@doc.state.nc.us
http://justice4amanda.tripod.com/
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to JeannieC For This Useful Post:
Old 03-11-2012, 03:11 AM
What a Kerfuffle...

Quote:
Originally Posted by JeannieC View Post
Would it be legal to put a video with LE's comments? Wasn't there a video with him saying that?

Just a thought!
That is the one she put up there first. It is the most complete video and it has the $#@%& with his comments too. That's why I suggested it first.

Last edited by MsFacetious; 03-11-2012 at 03:27 AM.
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to MsFacetious For This Useful Post:
Old 03-11-2012, 03:39 AM
Verified Attorney

Quote:
Originally Posted by MsFacetious View Post
The mother doesn't have visitation with Juliette's twin, no.
She does have another younger daughter.
She moved out of the state and so did the two guys.
The guys live in Colorado last I heard, with the boyfriend being incarcerated there.

Mr. Dead babies was talking to Juliette's Auntie Monica... the same woman being interviewed about Juliette in the video.
Outrage?? I am outraged enough for all of us! But public outrage? I can't seem to find much of it.

I would THINK that would be something NANCY would be outraged about. So feel free to help me point it out to her.
I agree with you 100% about the guy. He should be gone. But he's not. I agree, there would probably be more progress if he was gone.

If you have ANY people you can think of
to contact about Juliette, please let me know and I will see if they have been contacted.
I try and write a letter or make a phone call every day about Juliette. There are only so many people though...

I can't believe there has been this much activity on Juliette's thread in the last little while. Thank you!
Thank you for answering my questions. The last sentence of your quote, the bolded one, just struck my heart. I saw this story on youtube and I have seen your siggy but I thought there must be a trial or charges or something by now.

This is insanity.

You are a true warrior Ms. Facetious. To think that the plight of an innocent child has been so totally ignored, that such a terrible murder has been swept aside like it was nothing more than an inconvenience, to the point that a dear person like you has to be grateful for even the smallest bit of attention to the case, makes me feel sick and also ashamed, really.

Because it's easy to post thoughts, theories, etc. It's easy to assume someone else is taking care of things. It is much harder to actively fight for justice.

No one should have to beg for justice in this country. This is America. It's ridiculous that Juliette and her family should be treated like a nuisance.

I will give this some thought and see how I can get involved. I feel sick that just a few like you have been fighting so hard and have had no response. God love you.
Old 03-11-2012, 05:35 AM
What a Kerfuffle...

Thank you for getting involved. Really, it DOES mean that much to me. Every person fighting is helpful!

Everybody has those cases that they just can't let go of. Lily's and Juliette's were two of mine.
The difference is, there is work to be done in Juliette's. (That signature will be update the INSTANT anything changes!)

I have made some phone calls, written some letters, edited some pictures, picked out some music... and there have been lots and lots of

What I have done is nothing compared to what Juliette's Auntie Monica has done.
Or what Juliette's twin sister has dealt with. Abuse, neglect, losing her twin sister.

OR most importantly... what Juliette's DAD does.
You are right, no one should have to fight for Justice in AMERICA.

This man has continued to fight for OUR country.
Even after his baby girl was murdered while he was doing it.
Even AFTER our justice system has completely failed him.

He still fights for our country, after that person writes his daughter off as "just another dead baby."

It makes me sick. I couldn't sleep at night if I didn't fight after knowing all of that.
I was raised in a very patriotic home and with a basic sense of right and wrong.

This case is even more wrong because this man is fighting for OUR kids, but these people are not fighting for HIS kids.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gitana1 View Post
Thank you for answering my questions. The last sentence of your quote, the bolded one, just struck my heart. I saw this story on youtube and I have seen your siggy but I thought there must be a trial or charges or something by now.

This is insanity.

You are a true warrior Ms. Facetious. To think that the plight of an innocent child has been so totally ignored, that such a terrible murder has been swept aside like it was nothing more than an inconvenience, to the point that a dear person like you has to be grateful for even the smallest bit of attention to the case, makes me feel sick and also ashamed, really.

Because it's easy to post thoughts, theories, etc. It's easy to assume someone else is taking care of things. It is much harder to actively fight for justice.

No one should have to beg for justice in this country. This is America. It's ridiculous that Juliette and her family should be treated like a nuisance.

I will give this some thought and see how I can get involved. I feel sick that just a few like you have been fighting so hard and have had no response. God love you.
Old 03-12-2012, 03:00 PM
Verified Attorney

I thought about this case all weekend. I am thinking about what to do to help.

A very concise, compelling narrative about the case is necessary because something is needed to catch producer's eyes. Obviously, heat needs to be applied before any action will occur.

I will work on a narrative but first I need to research the case.

Juliette's daddy breaks my heart. Both my brothers were in the army. In fact, we are military on both sides. My heart aches for those guys over there having to hope and wonder and miss their loved ones and home. They are vulnerable and helpless to whatever happens here, while they are there. That just kills me.
Old 03-12-2012, 03:12 PM

I completely agree, gitana. A very concise who what when where why what can be done would be very helpful. I don't think all that many people with the power to make change would watch the 8 minute video - something much more concise with dates, locations, times, and links to MSM articles would be helpful.

It's just horrid that this has gone on so low that it will be virtually impossible to prosecute, where at first it seems the answers would have been obvious.
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to JeannaT For This Useful Post:
Old 03-13-2012, 01:50 AM
What a Kerfuffle...

I know... I have heard that a lot... I wanted to put together a simple to navigate website/blog with all the pictures and Juliette's story... but the family felt it would be too confusing to have another website.

If you go through this thread you will find most of what you need.
However, a quicker way would likely be to start here and then fill in what you need in other places:

http://www.justiceforjuliette.org/

Here is the facebook and a few specific links there as well:

http://www.facebook.com/pages/Justic...63622797027340

Letter Template and Contact Information for Nebraska Officials:

http://www.facebook.com/notes/justic...19357408120544

The Petitions:

http://www.facebook.com/notes/justic...19360641453554

There are not many media articles about Juliette. You'll have to use regular google to find them.

If you have any further questions after those links and your own research, let me know. You can always contact Juliette's Aunt Monica as well.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to MsFacetious For This Useful Post:
Old 03-17-2012, 04:42 AM
What a Kerfuffle...

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to MsFacetious For This Useful Post:
Old 03-24-2012, 10:46 PM

With Easter so close I can't quit thinking about Juliette and her twin sister. The should be coloring eggs together, laughing together, and excited about the Easter Bunny.

I pray everyday that Juliette's murderers get arrested, tried, and convicted! I won't quit praying until I see justice served. I pray for LE to do the right thing, to see the evidence that maybe they missed. I pray for fresh eyes on this murder!

We love you Juliette and we love you McFacetious for not giving up!

Coffey was convicted of the murder of 10 yr old Amanda Marie Ray, NC. He admitted to molesting 300 children.

5 yr old Neely Smith, NC

Write to:
P.O. Box 29540
Raleigh, NC 27626-0540
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to JeannieC For This Useful Post:
Old 03-25-2012, 01:27 AM
What a Kerfuffle...

Quote:
Originally Posted by JeannieC View Post
We love you Juliette and we love you McFacetious for not giving up!
McFacetious.... hmmmm.... I like it...

Congrats, that's the first time a typo has made me hungry. And, the first time in 4 days that food sounds good.
Must mean my fever is going down? Now I have to send someone to McDonald's.
Who knew, how much could be accomplished from a typo?!

(And, I try to post on every holiday for Juliette. Easter does mess with me since it isn't on the same day every year.
But I will remember to post a picture that day too. I'm still hoping for new detectives on this case... )
The Following User Says Thank You to MsFacetious For This Useful Post:
Old 03-25-2012, 01:38 AM
A diamond in process

MsF is Daddy home now? If not has he ever contacted the Red Cross and tried to get a hardship/compassionate leave or release?

If he is unable to get a leave, then perhaps he could sign over a power of attorney to his sister and she could get things started.

Could Daddy possibly approach an attorney for guidance in this case? He could possibly sue the egg donor and others on a wrongful death type of thing. It has been done in other cases to try to pull out info from a suspect. (Legal Aid might be a good place to at least start on this. If they cannot take this type of case, perhaps they can help him find assistance.)

Why is it that when a custodial parent fails to provide for a child it is called neglect and is a criminal matter. But when a non custodial parent fails to provide it is called failure to support and is a civil matter?

"Just when the caterpillar thought its world was over, it became a butterfly" ~ Michelle Knight

Last edited by mysteriew; 03-25-2012 at 02:03 AM.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to mysteriew For This Useful Post:
Old 03-25-2012, 02:28 AM
What a Kerfuffle...

Daddy has done three deployment overseas since Juliette's murder.
That is what infuriates me about this case.
He continues to serve our country and nobody is doing a damn thing about his daughter's murder!

His sister is 100% in control of this thing here. I think we established that she does have power of attorney, but I could be wrong.
I will have to look and see if a wrongful death suit has been mentioned, I don't remember it right off but I don't trust my memory at the moment....
Old 03-25-2012, 04:17 AM
What a Kerfuffle...

John Walsh has agreed to have an AMW producer look into Juliette's case!

As we have already discovered there isn't much out there to "look into" on Juliette's case.
So anyone who thoroughly looks into it will end up here.

So... I'm going to ask that you do one or both of the following:

1. If you have a facebook: Respond on John's facebook and ask them to help with Juliette's case there.

https://www.facebook.com/permalink.p...21280464588937

2. If you don't have a facebook: Respond on this thread and ask them to help with Juliette's case. So it's here if they find us.

This is a small opening... we need to make it bigger! Please!!!

A reminder of why *I* am here... and why *I* am begging John Walsh to help with Juliette's case:

Juliette's Daddy was serving our country when his baby girl was beaten to death.

Juliette was born November 2, 2005.

She lived 32 months.

She died 44 months ago.

She has now been dead, longer than she lived.

On July 11, 2012 it will have been 4 years...

4 years without Justice.

4 years her sister has lived without her twin.

4 years, in which her Daddy has served 3 tours of duty overseas.

Juliette is another big eyed, beautiful 2 year old little girl who was brutally murdered in the summer of 2008.

There is a crime scene and people of interest. We know Juliette was beaten to death. There were only 3 people there.

Juliette did not get a swift arrest and prosecution. Juliette didn't get an arrest at all.

She does not have coverage from Nancy, or Jane, or Greta or anyone else. Not yet.

Instead she has a guy who has worked on "dozens of dead babies."

Juliette died while her Daddy was serving our country.

Her Daddy is still serving our country.

Yet, our country cannot be bothered to give Juliette and her Daddy justice.

What can you do to help her Daddy get justice for his baby girl, while he fights for you and your family??

Justice For Juliette

http://justiceforjuliette.org/

Contact information for family can be found at the bottom of this page: http://www.facebook.com/pages/Justic...027340?sk=info

The most complete video to learn about the case, including the "dozens of dead babies" comment.

The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to MsFacetious For This Useful Post:
Old 03-25-2012, 01:39 PM

What happened to the runaway who was staying at the house the night Juliette was murdered? I wonder where he/she is now and if after this amount of time his/her conscience could be bothering him/her?

Did Le talk to her/him?

5 yr old Neely Smith, NC

Write to:
P.O. Box 29540
Raleigh, NC 27626-0540
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to JeannieC For This Useful Post:
Old 03-25-2012, 02:42 PM
A diamond in process

Not only is there another "dead baby" lost because somehow no one ever noticed that she needed help, there is another baby, her twin who still needs help. Not only does Juliette need justice, her sister will someday need answers.

Why is it that when a custodial parent fails to provide for a child it is called neglect and is a criminal matter. But when a non custodial parent fails to provide it is called failure to support and is a civil matter?

"Just when the caterpillar thought its world was over, it became a butterfly" ~ Michelle Knight
The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to mysteriew For This Useful Post:
Old 03-26-2012, 01:12 AM
What a Kerfuffle...

I do not know about the runaway. But since they didn't interview the other three immediately...
The runaway had plenty of time, to runaway.

And... people DID notice that Juliette needed help, they just didn't HELP her.
They said that there was loud parties and people coming and going. They said that the kids always looked filthy.

Call and report that? Nah... that would require leaving my happy little bubble... but after the kid is beaten to death?
Then I'll tell you all about it!
The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to MsFacetious For This Useful Post:
Old 03-28-2012, 08:28 PM

Bump...up you go Juliette. Keeping the memory of you alive. May justice be served.
oxoxoxoxo
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to RR0004 For This Useful Post: