Websleuths
Go Back   Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community > Crimes and Trials > Trials > Nancy Cooper

Notices

Nancy Cooper Found murdered after being reported missing while on a morning jog

Closed Thread

Old 04-13-2011, 01:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NCEast View Post
I quickly scanned a few posts on another site last night and was appalled at the ignorance and stupidity I read there. Probably the same site--just letters, no words?
I know where you are speaking of and trust me, they don't post anything nearly as informative as WS's on ANY case I've ever followed. I always come here first. Ya'll rock.
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to kljohnson0458 For This Useful Post:

[quote=LyndyLoo;6330637]IIRC..All these items were obtained from Nancy's computer yesterday , Yes? No? I seem to recall from another witness (notblacked out) that Brad's Blackjack Phone had been either wiped, or been reset to indicate was it 31 hours, or 31 days...Of course he did have that phone until Oct.-8 and Nancy's computer was handed over on the 15/16th....Her phone seemed to have been worked on first. IF Brad could sign on her acct. on her computer, surely he could have signed on her phone too??..Then locked it pasword protected...Voila.Det. McDreamy ended up deleting data

I agree, I tend to think Brad's plan backfired..He was not prepared for such a quick alert of her being missing...He had to go into high gear to unload more stuff. BTW..Did I hear from that security guy that Brad went to office on that Sat. July 12th?..IF so, what did he return to his office? and What time of day was that?..

Sorry to take so long, but I went back to WRAL videos of 4/7, testimony of security guy from Cisco, he didn't say BC went on 7/12, I don't know where that came from. Sorry.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to ohiogirl For This Useful Post:

Quote:
Originally Posted by cityslick View Post
You're correct, but a vast majority of time it does not, or else the murder rate in the country would be insane.
You don't think the murder rate in this country is insane?

http://www.census.gov/compendia/stat...es/11s0306.pdf

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to snowshuze For This Useful Post:
The face is familiar, but I can't quite remember my name!

Quote:
Originally Posted by NCEast View Post
You are right, it's evidence and important evidence. But I just want a solid, hard-rock piece of evidence that nobody can deny. And we may not ever get it. I was hoping this computer testimony would be it but I don't think it is.
I understand what you're saying you feel. But my feelings are this: I'm convinced there is no DNA or eye witness or blood evidence or confession to anyone, and since a strangulation, no murder weapon - so outside of that, I'm stringing together all the circumstantial evidence in this case and it's a homerun to me - already! It was back in 2008. I'm on that jury of public opinion - and should I follow a case this intently and be called for jury duty for that case, I'm sure I'd never be seated with the same views. It all begins with BC being the last known person to see NC alive and I think it snow balls from there.
The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to less0305 For This Useful Post:
Old 04-13-2011, 01:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ncsu95 View Post
It was. But haven't you ever bookmarked something that you never looked at again? Maybe he saw reference to it in a blog or forum and found the subject interesting. I've looked up quite a few odd things during this trial. I haven't bookmarked anything, but strange searches. And I do have bookmarks that I have never gone back to once I set the bookmark. I bookmarked it because I didn't have time to read it then but just forgot about it or no longer cared anymore about the subject.
I thought there was testimony that he printed it out.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Cheyenne130 For This Useful Post:
Old 04-13-2011, 01:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gracielee View Post
Two days, two separate occasions at preschool. Towards the end of May. Things were escalating.
Oddly though, somewhere in all this evidence submitted, the first witness said the second witness was with her at the time and saw it also, but then the second witness came on the stand, said she only saw one argument, but it seemed to be a different time than when the first witness saw an argument. There is contradiction in their testimonies.
Old 04-13-2011, 01:47 PM

From Twitter:

stevengauck Steven Gauck
Judge denies Kurtz' motion to strike and suppress. Kurtz seems to know compute stuff that's making judge and Jr eyes roll . #coopertrial
Old 04-13-2011, 01:48 PM
The face is familiar, but I can't quite remember my name!

Quote:
You're correct, but a vast majority of time it does not, or else the murder rate in the country would be insane.
It only takes one. And what do the statistics tell us - it's most often the spouse/boyfriend/wife/girlfriend/mother/dad/child !! MOST often. So yes, not every argument ends in a murder. This one just happened to be a months long, even years long, argument that continued to get worse and worse until someone lost the battle. IMO.
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to less0305 For This Useful Post:
Old 04-13-2011, 01:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by snowshuze View Post
You don't think the murder rate in this country is insane?

http://www.census.gov/compendia/stat...es/11s0306.pdf
Not as insane as the divorce rate.
Old 04-13-2011, 01:50 PM

random killers do not take victims clothing..including shoes! and leave diamond earrings...
The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Palomine For This Useful Post:
Old 04-13-2011, 01:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cheyenne130 View Post
I thought there was testimony that he printed it out.
Maybe...since it is all tweets, I'm not sure what was printed out
Old 04-13-2011, 01:51 PM

Quote:
It was. But haven't you ever bookmarked something that you never looked at again? Maybe he saw reference to it in a blog or forum and found the subject interesting. I've looked up quite a few odd things during this trial. I haven't bookmarked anything, but strange searches. And I do have bookmarks that I have never gone back to once I set the bookmark. I bookmarked it because I didn't have time to read it then but just forgot about it or no longer cared anymore about the subject.
I may be wrong but I think I remember that the suicide site was a link from another site pertaining to fathers who lost custody. He originally visited the custody site and followed the link to the suicide page.
The Following User Says Thank You to NCEast For This Useful Post:

wral WRAL NEWS in NC
Jury out. Defense attorney Howard Kurtz asks judge to strike all FBI testimony due to the testing methods used to extract info.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Palomine For This Useful Post:

From Twitter:

wral WRAL NEWS in NC
Jury out. Defense attorney Howard Kurtz asks judge to strike all FBI testimony due to the testing methods used to extract info. #coopertrial

wral WRAL NEWS in NC
Defense attorney Kurtz says FBI did tests he knew nothing about. He again alleges that Brad's computer was tampered with.
Old 04-13-2011, 01:52 PM

Quote:
Not as insane as the divorce rate.
I would argue that the vast majority of divorces don't end in murder.

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to snowshuze For This Useful Post:
Old 04-13-2011, 01:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by less0305 View Post
Sometimes it escalates to murder - you can't deny that.
And, more often than not it doesn't, typically when people are not known to be violent or have a history of being violent.
Old 04-13-2011, 01:53 PM

From Twitter:

wral‎ Prosecutor Boz Zellinger says Brad's computer was not tampered with. #coopertrial
Twitter - seconds ago
Old 04-13-2011, 01:53 PM

wral WRAL NEWS in NC
Prosecutor Boz Zellinger says Brad's computer was not tampered with. #coopertrial
Old 04-13-2011, 01:54 PM

Quote:
There is absolutely no evidence of that whatsoever. None. No one had testified that he has an anger and/or rage issue.

Well, I guess we will just have to agree to disagree on that ncsu. Arguments is one thing, but Spying, stalking, withdrawing support, obstructing original agreement to allow Nancy to go home with kids, is yet another. Then to have your spouse to end up half naked not far from home, not alert anyone and so on doesnt indicate he had nothing to do with her demise in my reasoning.

BTW~ I think Krista testified just how angry and rageful he was in front of the kids..that went along with the eldest's syptomology..SO yes, it has been testified to and this was in March of '08 I believe.

I also think that Brad could not accept IF settling with Nancy and child support, that he could keep up his lifestyle of romancing others, travel and be the big wig in techie World

Anyway, I do understand where you are coming from, and your need for hard evidence. We never know just how any jury will respond
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to LyndyLoo For This Useful Post:
Old 04-13-2011, 01:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by snowshuze View Post
I would argue that the vast majority of divorces don't end in murder.
Yes, that was my point.
Old 04-13-2011, 01:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gracielee View Post
I grew up, or rather, managed to survive, in a house like that. Small 30 ft. city lot. Other than the next-door neighbors & a few close relatives, no one witnessed anything 'first hand'. Of course I'm sure rumors were around. When the Jeffrey MacDonald case was being tried, I had flashbacks of how the DA described it happening, that 'backhand to the older girl, sending her flying into the doorframe, serious head injury, etc.' I've got a broken tailbone from preschool age, that has given me serious back problems my entire life. And those internal scars from the abuse that doesn't show on the outside. Yes, when there are no witnesses...you can only imagine what's going on inside the house.
NC was not a shrinking violet, I think that if she was beaten by BC she would have told people.
Old 04-13-2011, 01:56 PM

I hear kittens.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to snowshuze For This Useful Post:
Old 04-13-2011, 01:56 PM

From Twitter:

natgold‎ Kurtz twitches everytime computer is mentioned. Something big 'n bad is coming up from BC laptop & defense is nervous. #coopertrial
Old 04-13-2011, 01:57 PM

Quote:
Suicide by asphyxiation, in Feb.? Well before any sort of rough draft for separation agreement. What was going on in the mind of BC way back then?
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to gracielee For This Useful Post:
Closed Thread