Websleuths
Go Back   Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community > Missing!! > Missing but not forgotten Discussion > 2000's Missing

Notices

2000's Missing Persons missing between 2000-2009

Closed Thread

Old 06-24-2011, 05:41 PM
What happened to Bob Harrod?

I'm bumping for Bob on the occasion of his wedding anniversary with his first wife, Georgia. Knowing how devoted a husband he was, and when things got tough, how dedicated a caregiver to her that he was when her health deteriorated and pain increased, I think this anniversary is worth celebrating. It reminds us of how sad it is that his last years were taken from him. And not just him. (...)
Old 06-26-2011, 02:30 PM
50K reward, Bob Harrod-Missing: Call Det. Radomski 714-993-8176

For those new or newer to Bobs case. We have a thread set up for timeline and media links only, non discussion. (some of the links are no longer working but most of those articles can still be found via google and google cache)

CA CA - Bob Harrod, Time Line and Media Links only - Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community

A grandfather is someone with silver in his hair and gold in his heart. ~Author Unknown

Long Lost Love - Discovery ID - Disappeared - Bob Harrod Case

You can now purchase Mr. Harrod's Disappeared episode through Amazon, iTunes or YouTube.

Websleuths Resource Center

Call Kurtis - Psychics and the Missing
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Cubby For This Useful Post:
Old 06-27-2011, 11:38 PM

Bob, you will have justice.

I'm sorry for being unable to guess which of your daughters will be at your side; I'm afraid it will not likely be three, but I am sure many of us would cheer if it were two. Should it be one, I think that every good person here would kneel in her honor.

For those reading here for the first time (or the first few times), let me apologize for how abstruse this may seem. I guess we have been exploiting this space to contact the person who might be able to clear things ups (and again, sorry for how vague or cryptic this might seem). Ugh..how to put it?

I keep wanting to say that even though she is your sister, she may not have your interests in mind -- but I don't know how to put it into words.
Old 06-28-2011, 05:47 AM
Someone knows what happened to Robert Harrod!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Montjoy View Post
Bob, you will have justice.

I keep wanting to say that even though she is your sister, she may not have your interests in mind -- but I don't know how to put it into words.
<respectfully snipped>

Montjoy, you just said it perfectly.

All my posts are MOO and nothing but MOO!!!!
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to suzyq211 For This Useful Post:
Old 06-29-2011, 09:33 PM
50K reward, Bob Harrod-Missing: Call Det. Radomski 714-993-8176

Happy 2nd wedding anniversary Bob and Fontelle.

Oh how I wish Bob were here to celebrate.....

Because this should be remembered as a special day in which Bob was looking forward to renewed interest in life after having greived his first wife, I will leave it at that. It's too painful to add much more at this time.

A special thank you to Fontelle for hanging in there and pursuing justice for Bob.
We are all praying justice is served and answers are found to Bobs disappearance soon.

A grandfather is someone with silver in his hair and gold in his heart. ~Author Unknown

Long Lost Love - Discovery ID - Disappeared - Bob Harrod Case

You can now purchase Mr. Harrod's Disappeared episode through Amazon, iTunes or YouTube.

Websleuths Resource Center

Call Kurtis - Psychics and the Missing
The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Cubby For This Useful Post:
Old 06-29-2011, 09:45 PM
Inactive

Today would have been Bob and Fontelle's 2nd wedding anniversary. I can't help but wonder how Fontelle must feel to still wonder where Bob is and when he'll be found. I want her to know that I for one admire the strength it must take to be strong and continue to push for answers. We here will continue to do the same until answers are found. Maybe soon........................
The Following 12 Users Say Thank You to Teamer For This Useful Post:
Old 06-30-2011, 07:19 PM

Just going to throw this out there for, well, you know who, but while you're right that it is harder to complete prosecution on a no-body homicide, you have to remember that they are solved every day. The more I read on RotW, and have read from a variety of other sources, I keep wondering if there was some sort of psychological coercion at play here. I will leave this in abstract terms as I'm just wondering, in light of a lack of evidence to wonder elsewhere.

Reach out. Just reach out.

Last edited by Montjoy; 06-30-2011 at 07:38 PM.
The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Montjoy For This Useful Post:
Old 07-03-2011, 12:03 AM

Bumping this thread to get Bob back on page 1.

I SO wish he would be found and whoever harmed him dealt justice.
The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Opie For This Useful Post:
Old 07-03-2011, 02:30 PM
There will be justice for Mr. Harrod

JuM's post on ROTW

"I need to request positive thoughts and prayers. My father has been missing approx. 28 hours ago. We suspect foul play, but want to remain as positive; his new wife will be arriving with her belongings tomorrow. My father's name is Robert Harrod in Placentia; his new wife Fontelle Heeter-Harrod is just besides herself, please pray for his safe return."

Daughter JuM posted the above the day after her father disappeared. I posted this before but I think it is very important. JuM is very specific about the time in her post. She posted the above at 1:50pm. This would put the time of Mr. Harrod's disappearance at 10am. JuM's husband was at her father's house at the time.

There is a big difference between 10am and 2-3pm.

You can now purchase Mr. Harrod's Disappeared episode for $1.99.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00...tofgamonlco-20
The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Angelo For This Useful Post:
Old 07-03-2011, 02:39 PM

Let's not forget that according to JuM's hubby there was a mysterious black Tahoe driving around Mr. Harrod's neighborhood the day he disappeared. Yet we know JeM did not accompany his wife back DTH the next day to her father's house.

I wonder if anyone else noticed the mysterious Tahoe cruising slowly up the road and pulling over on the wrong side on July 27, 2009 or was it only JeM.

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Angelo For This Useful Post:
Old 07-03-2011, 02:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angelo View Post
JuM is very specific about the time in her post. She posted the above at 1:50pm. This would put the time of Mr. Harrod's disappearance at 10am. JuM's husband was at her father's house at the time.

There is a big difference between 10am and 2-3pm.
Yes, it's very telling. That would be well before JeM went out to the hardware store, etc. Even with some hours to spare. It also makes the alleged sighting of the Tahoe even more problematic for JeM.

28 hours is an odd figure. It is certainly *not* a typo. And let's not forget, as she is married to the person who last saw Bob, it would be hard to imagine anyone other that JeM who would have a better idea of the time. So what is going on both with the time, and the reporting of it? Two different questions, I know.
Old 07-03-2011, 09:46 PM

I wanted to add for those new to Bob's case (or this thread), that there is also an excellent timeline/documentation thread, which can be found here:

CA CA - Bob Harrod, Time Line and Media Links only - Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community

I'm unsure if that thread contains some of the (well, let's say 'very informative') court documents attached to this thread, so perhaps someone could post those here or in the timeline/documentation thread?
Old 07-04-2011, 07:46 AM
Bob Harrod, Missing from Placentia, CA

In a little over 3 weeks, Bob will have been missing for 2 years. I am wondering whether any of Bobís 3 daughters, son-in-law, or grandson is planning any kind of event at all. I see Bobís daughter J is posting on her community forum about her husband fishing and going to yard sales, and about her swimming and having fun. Surely with this free time, they could squeeze in something that pertains to an acknowledgement or event that Bob is still missing after 2 years.
The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to cloudajo For This Useful Post:
Old 07-04-2011, 08:41 AM
For nothing is secret that will not be revealed

That is an idea-a vigil, a media blitz...anything. Just. Anything. Rather than a clean out of his worldly possessions.

Depositions for the impeachment of the co conservators must be going on-it is remarkable that one or more of Bob's daughters are so carefree when the anniversary of Bob's disappearance presumed homicide is fast approaching and the only action we can see taking place is over the handling of Bob's trusts.

Long Lost Love: The Bob Harrod Story Disappeared/ID Network
Amazon: Purchase Long Lost Love $1.99

Bob Harrod SAR

ďThe first time someone shows you who they are, believe them.Ē
― Maya Angelou
The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to believe09 For This Useful Post:
Old 07-05-2011, 07:10 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cloudajo View Post
In a little over 3 weeks, Bob will have been missing for 2 years. I am wondering whether any of Bobís 3 daughters, son-in-law, or grandson is planning any kind of event at all. I see Bobís daughter J is posting on her community forum about her husband fishing and going to yard sales, and about her swimming and having fun. Surely with this free time, they could squeeze in something that pertains to an acknowledgement or event that Bob is still missing after 2 years.
At the very least , I hope JeM and JuM are able to take a break from the fishing, yard sales, and swimming and sit down for interviews with the PPD.

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Angelo For This Useful Post:
Old 07-05-2011, 07:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by believe09 View Post
That is an idea-a vigil, a media blitz...anything. Just. Anything. Rather than a clean out of his worldly possessions.

Depositions for the impeachment of the co conservators must be going on-it is remarkable that one or more of Bob's daughters are so carefree when the anniversary of Bob's disappearance presumed homicide is fast approaching and the only action we can see taking place is over the handling of Bob's trusts.
Media blitz - good idea. Let's all send emails to the media contacts with a request for an article about Bob. The reporters can reach out to the family members with a request for interviews to include in any articles.
The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to cloudajo For This Useful Post:
Old 07-06-2011, 01:10 PM

Quote:
Media blitz - good idea. Let's all send emails to the media contacts with a request for an article about Bob. The reporters can reach out to the family members with a request for interviews to include in any articles.
I like this idea.

Is there an existing list of all media contacts for this case or should
I go exploring and then post?
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to dreamweaver For This Useful Post:
Old 07-07-2011, 06:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dreamweaver View Post
I like this idea.

Is there an existing list of all media contacts for this case or should
I go exploring and then post?
Dream, here are some contacts. Jim Radcliffe of OC Register (included below) currently oversees Placentia coverage.

kcrainvestigates@kcra.com, dan.noyes@abc.com, mkatches@californiawatch.org, center@cironline.org, lwelborn@ocregister.com, blevine@ocregister.com, jradcliffe@ocregister.com, agalvin@ocregister.com, desalazar@ocregister.com, hmcrea@ocregister.com, Mike.Anton@latimes.com, Tony.Barboza@latimes.com, Paloma.Esquivel@latimes.com, Christopher.Goffard@latimes.com, Nicole.SantaCruz@latimes.com, newstips@latimes.com, andrew.blankstein@latimes.com, robert.lopez@latimes.com, info@kdoc.tv, jmanzi@kdoc.tv, huckmail@foxnews.com, ontherecord@foxnews.com, atlarge@foxnews.com, americasnewsroom@foxnews.com, editor@people.com, 48hours@cbsnews.com
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to cloudajo For This Useful Post:
Old 07-08-2011, 08:55 PM

Bumping this thread. It has been almost two years since Mr. Harrod disappeared.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Angelo For This Useful Post:
Old 07-08-2011, 11:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angelo View Post
Bumping this thread. It has been almost two years since Mr. Harrod disappeared.
Yes, that sad anniversary will be soon. Just the same, I wonder if his daughters will hold a vigil, or contact some news outlets -- there is still enough time for them to reach out. (And no, Angelo, I don't mean to reach into Bob's house and take out more of his stuff.)

I wonder if they will send condolences to his wife. I wonder if they ever have.
Old 07-09-2011, 05:08 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Montjoy View Post

I wonder if they will send condolences to his wife. I wonder if they ever have.
<snipped>

I believe it came in the form of a demand to get out of the house, if I am not mistaken.

The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to suzyq211 For This Useful Post:
Old 07-09-2011, 10:05 PM

Daughter R

8/5/2009
"We all had such high hopes that our Dad and Fontelle could live happily ever after in whatever lifestyle they wanted. Life is just too dang short for him to have scrimpted and saved all these years to not have a chance to enjoy life a little with Fontelle in their golden years."

8/6/2009
"Fontelle is staying in our Parents' home and her son is there with her now but, that also means an unfamiliar rental car in HIS driveway and a total stranger in HIS house too. Dad was extremely possessive of HIS and our Mother's "stuff"."

8/8/2009
"Our family wanted to be charitible by allowing Fontelle to temporarily stay in our parents' home, until we know more. "

So a week after Mr. Harrod's disappearance, daughter R is posting that they all had such high hopes that their Dad and Fontelle could live happily ever after in whatever lifestyle they wanted. What a strange thing to post on a forum within days of her father's disappearance. Amost as if she knows Mr. Harrod will not be returning. High hopes.....hogwash!

The next day she posts about her "parent's" house. Again, very strange. Fontelle is now married to their father. Their mother has passed. It is not their "parent's" house.

On August 8th R tells the forum readers that she and her family wanted to be charitible by allowing Fontelle to temporarily stay in their "parent's home, until they know more. What does she mean allow? Fontelle is Mr. Harrod's wife. R must know Mr. Harrod will never be returning.

The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Angelo For This Useful Post:
Old 07-10-2011, 07:53 AM

Video for Adopted Dog

Daughter J and her husband recently adopted a dog. Daughter J posted that the dog has its own song and she'll tie it in with a video soon.

I'm still waiting for the video about her father who's been missing for almost 2 years.

http://rimoftheworld.net/discuss/130/82049?page=3
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to cloudajo For This Useful Post:
Old 07-10-2011, 08:12 AM

Quote:
Daughter J and her husband recently adopted a dog. Daughter J posted that the dog has its own song and she'll tie it in with a video soon.

I'm still waiting for the video about her father who's been missing for almost 2 years.

I wouldn't hold my breath...

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to suzyq211 For This Useful Post:
Old 07-10-2011, 05:03 PM

Quote:

Strange....IIRC JuM and JeM recently gave away a dog that their son supposedly found in a dumpster. Apparently with the every three hour feedings and JeM's apnea, JeM looked like death warmed over according to JuM. Once they got rid of the foster pup JeM was able to rest and get color back in his face.

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Angelo For This Useful Post:
Closed Thread