Websleuths
Go Back   Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community > Featured Case Discussion > Caylee Anthony 2 years old

Notices

Caylee Anthony 2 years old Not reported missing for a month after she was last seen.

Closed Thread

Old 05-10-2011, 04:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeanE View Post
Exclusive: Casey Anthony attorneys hint at shocker in defense

The defense team hasn't even hinted about what story they will tell. But they told me we're in for quite a surprise.

"We suspect there will be some jaw-dropping," said defense attorney Cheney Mason. "We'll have to wait and see."

Casey's lawyers claimed three years of questions could be answered in three minutes at trial. It might shock the public.

Article: http://www.cfnews13.com/article/news...ker-in-defense

Video: http://www.cfnews13.com/video?clip=h...ret%20strategy
Isn't this similar to hints JB dropped in different news conferences over the past two years?
The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to Tipstaff For This Useful Post:

Quote:

The defense team hasn't even hinted about what story they will tell. But they told me we're in for quite a surprise.

"We suspect there will be some jaw-dropping," said defense attorney Cheney Mason. "We'll have to wait and see."

Casey's lawyers claimed three years of questions could be answered in three minutes at trial. It might shock the public.

http://www.cfnews13.com/article/news...ker-in-defense
Oh Pulease! They keep doing this for pre-trial baloney. They have been doing this for weeks to try to garner reasonable doubt with the public.

What are they gonna do? Say Caylee committed suicide?

GMAB.

The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to Softail For This Useful Post:

Quote:
Originally Posted by uklaw View Post
Has "Hardship" stage been completed? I thought they would need to enlarge the pool after the "tainted" portion were sent home.
They will have a new group tomorrow morning to question hardship. Then tomorrow afternoon they will start weeding out the ones that got through.

New fresh group tomorrow morning.
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Mendara For This Useful Post:
Old 05-10-2011, 04:14 PM
Inactive

See what's on the menu this week at the Pinellas County Jail. (pdf)

http://www.cfnews13.com/static/artic...-jail-0510.pdf
The Following 12 Users Say Thank You to BeanE For This Useful Post:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tipstaff View Post
Isn't this similar to hints JB dropped in different news conferences over the past two years?
GMTA and all that....

The Following User Says Thank You to Softail For This Useful Post:

Quote:

Video: http://www.cfnews13.com/video?clip=h...ret%20strategy

If this is the case wouldn't it make more sense for the defense to withold opening arguments until after the clause of the State's case?
The Following User Says Thank You to uklaw For This Useful Post:
Old 05-10-2011, 04:16 PM
Verified Attorney

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hisimage View Post
What you said Paintr , this makes me a little nervous. How many times could she have said EVERYBODY thinks she killed her baby? The DT just might eat this up.

The One time I was excused or not used for a jury it had to do with a gang member. We were told we STILL could not talk about it. We could not go home and tell anyone that we were considered to be on the jury. Don't know of the rules for this but makes me weary.
Well, she didn't quite say everybody. She said that the 20 or so out of the 50 excused, who were actually talking about it stated they did not want to be on the case at all because based on media reports, they had made up their minds. Those who said what their minds were, said she's guilty. Anyone who might have felt she's innocent, didn't say.

But I do agree that the DT will try to jump on this. I liked this lady though because she kept repeating, Mind you, we don't know the facts of the case." And she seemed willing to have an open mind.

I believe they will find people willing to have an open mind. I am a person willing to have an open mind about anything and to follow the rules of the court strictly. But I couldn't serve on this case because I've researched so much about it via websleuths. However, I'm sure there are tons who are like me but who have not analyzed this case. I have faith that the majority of potential jurors take the rules seriously and try to keep an open mind and listen to all the facts. I also think they follow the rules and refrain from talking about it out of court once they get picked. We'll see.

Quote:

Video: http://www.cfnews13.com/video?clip=http://static.cfnews13.com/newsvideo/cfn/casey-defense-0510.flv&vtitle=EXCLUSIVE:%20Casey%20Anthony%20tea m's%20secret%20strategy

IMO, the only jaw dropping shocker the defense will produce is if they present a decent coordinated defense for the defendant. I say that now, but they HAVE dropped quite a few draw dropping moments thus far.....and NOT in a good way.

The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to snowshuze For This Useful Post:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Softail View Post
Oh Pulease! They keep doing this for pre-trial baloney. They have been doing this for weeks to try to garner reasonable doubt with the public.

What are they gonna do? Say Caylee committed suicide?

GMAB.
If this is all a load of hot-air (that they will give a surprise theory not the theory itself) then this will backfire.

A defense attorney is asking for trouble if he promises something that he doesn't deliver on.
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to uklaw For This Useful Post:
My opinion's may not alway's be right but they are mine and mine alone.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sleutherontheside View Post
I have to say it really pizzes me off that this person chose to give an interview after being told yesterday...DO NOT SPEAK to anyone.

Yes they were dismissed but the fact that they gave an interview and seemed willing to speak for the room at large makes you wonder......WTH is wrong with people these days.

Of course....just watching her....she's shall I say.....not media shy??

We'll see her end up on Nancy Grace as a talking head B4 you know it.

The media always picks the ummmmmmmmm unusual people to interview don't they??

I won't post her pic. Won't give her more publicity.
I'm with you sleutherontheside, it ticks me off too. No one else stopped to chat it up with the media that I know of.
I would also like to know why people don't dress as if they are going to be in a court room. They know where they are going. Cover up for heavens sake!
Old 05-10-2011, 04:17 PM
Retired WS Staff

Do we know who the lady is that went back with Casey and then was sent back to wait in the courtroom?
Old 05-10-2011, 04:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by QueenD View Post
It kills me when listening to some of the ones, who truely would have
hardship and CM wants to continue questioning them about their hardship. I want to slap him.
Exactly....I noticed that about CM, but I did not hear exactly what he said. Did you? He seemed to be challenging what is a financial hardship.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to allycat1208 For This Useful Post:
Old 05-10-2011, 04:18 PM

Well, the defense is right. They cannot prove how Caylee died, or who put her in the woods. However, the evidence may be viewed that the car was used, and a witness may be called to talk about the woods, and a few other things. So, it will be left up to the jurors as to how they think these things tie together or do not. I am leaning toward they will most likely find her guilty, we have to see what evidence, witnesses, etc... are allowed, how it is presented, and see what a great job the State does with it.

Unless I have included a link, it is my opinion and only my opinion that I am expressing.
The Following User Says Thank You to 21merc7 For This Useful Post:
Inactive

Angry

Quote:
Originally Posted by dog.gone.cute View Post
snipped from : http://www.cfnews13.com/

Casey Anthony: 49 'tainted' jurors sent home for talking about caseBy Jacqueline Fell and Adam Longo, Team Coverage

Last Updated: Tuesday, May 10, 2011 3:16 PM

According to Judge Perry, a Texas Equusearch volunteer whose name is on the witness list was called to jury duty Tuesday at the Pinellas County Courthouse, and talked to Tuesday's jury pool about the case

What an ABSOLUTE <modsnip>! How much did baez pay him/her?

Last edited by ynotdivein; 05-10-2011 at 04:27 PM. Reason: name calling edit
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to krt For This Useful Post:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paintr View Post
All two of them.
That is more than none. All they need is 12 people who know either very little about the case or nothing at all. My mother knows nothing and would imagine there are more out there.
The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Mendara For This Useful Post:
Old 05-10-2011, 04:19 PM

They need to come further down south... No one... and I mean no one that I know knows anything about this case. I'm so freaking lonely down here because I have no one to vent to when I am at work about this case. We have our own big cases that are happening... our own crime to worry about. No one cares about what is happening up in Orlando... we had a guy murder his wife and FIVE children close to where I live.

I'm thinking the best bet it to pack up and move on... These people already lining up to give interviews after being dismissed? Now they will be on the local news to tell all future potential jurors that everything thinks she is guilty and to basically not even bother.
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to LolaMoon08 For This Useful Post:
Inactive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tipstaff View Post
Yeah. I think we're all going to say "Aaahhhh... THAT's what happened!"
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to BeanE For This Useful Post:

Quote:
Originally Posted by allycat1208 View Post
Exactly....I noticed that about CM, but I did not hear exactly what he said. Did you? He seemed to be challenging what is a financial hardship.
No I can never understand him, especially after they had their mic turned off.
Old 05-10-2011, 04:20 PM
Retired WS Staff

Just so I am clear, the 50 dismissed potential jurors are the jurors that were instructed by the Judge earlier in the day on Monday and then in the afternoon he sent those jurors home to return on Tuesday?

I haven't followed this case very closely, but I am going to watch this trial every day. For me, someone not really in the know and only with peripheral knowledge, I think the best chance for the defense is to throw Casey's mom under the bus. She's looked a bit unstable to me from what I recall, and as a juror, I could probably "buy" into her involvement in some way.

MOO, IMHO, all that jazz.....

The difference between fiction and reality? Fiction has to make sense.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to SurfieTX For This Useful Post:

Same thing here Lola, on one knows nor or they interested. Their lives are too busy as it is to worry about some case on the news.

Unless I have included a link, it is my opinion and only my opinion that I am expressing.
Old 05-10-2011, 04:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LolaMoon08 View Post
They need to come further down south... No one... and I mean no one that I know knows anything about this case. I'm so freaking lonely down here because I have no one to vent to when I am at work about this case. We have our own big cases that are happening... our own crime to worry about. No one cares about what is happening up in Orlando... we had a guy murder his wife and FIVE children close to where I live.

I'm thinking the best bet it to pack up and move on... These people already lining up to give interviews after being dismissed? Now they will be on the local news to tell all future potential jurors that everything thinks she is guilty and to basically not even bother.
Cancel Jury Selection and move hundreds of miles south?

Sorry if I sound sceptical but I don't see Perry going for that option somehow
The Following User Says Thank You to uklaw For This Useful Post:
Old 05-10-2011, 04:21 PM
WS Adminstrator, Verified Posters Liaison

I know someone in Ft. Lauderdale who doesn't follow any crime cases, this one included. They can find the right jury. OJ Simpson had no problem with it and his case was know to EVERY body.
The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Kimster For This Useful Post:
Old 05-10-2011, 04:22 PM

Quote:
See what's on the menu this week at the Pinellas County Jail. (pdf)

http://www.cfnews13.com/static/artic...-jail-0510.pdf
Creamed Turkey for Breakfast??? Am I reading that right? Ok, what is creamed turkey.....YUK!!!
The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Shyla For This Useful Post:
Old 05-10-2011, 04:22 PM
Self Appointed Goddess

Quote:
Originally Posted by uklaw View Post
If this is all a load of hot-air (that they will give a surprise theory not the theory itself) then this will backfire.

A defense attorney is asking for trouble if he promises something that he doesn't deliver on.
Mark Geragos said he would prove that Scott Peterson was "stone cold innocent.". Defense attorneys say things like that all the time then when they have nothing they hide behind "well I don't have to prove anything, the state has the burden"

"Be kind, for everyone you meet is fighting a hard battle." - Plato

Everything I post is my opinion only, but it is both my God given and Constitutionally protected right to do so!
The Following 12 Users Say Thank You to Mama-cita For This Useful Post:
Closed Thread